Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family (23596 Views)

Burial Photos Of Dr. Chinelo Megafu / Obituary Of Dr Chinelo Megafu Killed In Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack (Photos) / Dr Chinelo Megafu's Body Arrives Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by nwekeugochukwu: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
The Megafu family has paid a tribute to Dr. Chinelo Nwando Megafu, one year after she was killed in the deadly Abuja-Kaduna train attack, IGBERETV reports.

The Kaduna bound train was attacked on March 28, 2022, in the Kateri-Rijana area of the state. No fewer than nine people died while over 60 others were kidnapped in the attack. The hostages were released in batches with the last batch regaining their freedom on October 5, 2022.

According to reports, the gunmen derailed the train by setting off an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) to blow up a section of the track after which they opened fire on the coaches and attacked the passengers.

Late Megafu, a 29-year-old dental surgeon, took to Twitter shortly after the attack to announce that she was on board and had been shot, calling for prayers from her followers.

"I’m on the train. I have been shot, please pray for me,” her tweet reads.

However, some Twitter users called her a liar, peddling “fake news” until a friend confirmed she had died from the wounds sustained during the attack.

The deceased had resigned from her job one month earlier and was preparing to travel out of the country before she met her untimely death.

In the tribute signed by her father, Ifeanyi Megafu, on behalf of the family, he described his late daughter as a “poster face of a beleaguered and slipping nation.”

“Chinelo, on this first anniversary, we remember you affectionately as we did yesterday and shall do tomorrow. We remain ever grateful to God for His Grace on your impactful life,” the tribute reads.

"On that fateful evening in your agony as life ebbed away, God's spirit prompted you to tell the world the real truth as you prayed: 'I’m on the train. I have been shot, please pray for me,'

“That act of courage immediately changed the narrative, putting paid to the usual vapid, sinful, lie and denial strewn statements that were checkmated. You became the poster face of a beleaguered and slipping nation. A nation you served so much prematurely consumed you. The country failed you and your generation.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1441923/train-attack-anniversary-nigeria-failed-generation-megafu-family/

18 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Neverslumber(f): 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nigeria truly failed her just like millions of other Nigerians.

RIP

154 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by FORHII: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Too many bad anniversaries in Nigeria.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Creamypie(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Damn. And the sets of idiots and riffraff who killed her no even attend primary school. Nigeria needs 100 snipers and 5 professional bombers, and bomb makers who will snipe all governors and blow up all military barracks, a good hacker to hack into databases and track calls and cell numbers. We need another arm good in nano technology to create tiny flying "insects", armed with d.d t poison to hit at every politician in Nigeria and their families in form of sting, poisoning their blood, and all their internal vital organs,degenerating and killing them in weeks. Israel mossad/ sayeret matkal used this last method in 1970s and 80s to bring down uncountable confirmed terrorists, including waddie haddad with those sponsors who fled to Europe and south America after isreali commando release of captives held by p.l.o who had their passenger aircraft enroute France, hijacked and diverted to entebbe airport, Uganda in 1976

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Jostoman: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
What a shameful country.

18 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Massiveglory: 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nigeria has failed so many across the land.
From north to east to south and west, it has touched every side.

We must be hopeful because our efforts and votes will not be in vain.
The new Nigeria that will work for all will come to fruition.
It has only been delayed, it cannot be denied.
This year is the year. The mandate must be restored.

PODATTI is coming

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Zupay: 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
"A nation you served so much, prematurely consumed you"......Very deep. May her soul continue to rest in peace.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by habsydiamond(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2023
The problem now is that they are not even tired of failing... solve this equation .. I just clock 71 today and my daughter is 62. How old was I when I gave birth to her

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by CodeTemplar: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Buhari hijacked Nigeria and failed her. I can't imagine same bullcrap being played out under OBJ who is a general just like Buhari.

10 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by buygala(m): 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nigeria just wasted this lady cry

And to imagine that the baskat who shot this girl is presently probably doing Ramadan Fasting and asking God to answer his prayers undecided

Make I no just talk wetin dey my mind..

But na Ogun go kill anybody papa wey go quote me and ask me that inglorious question "where are the cows?"

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Ballzproblemm: 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
v
Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Nuhskhut: 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Sorrowful exit!

3 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Mercury12(m): 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nawa o

That dark day was just like yesterday and now it is one year already? How times flies.

May her gentle soul rest in peace.
We need to handle insecurity with iron hand in this country. It was her the other day. Tomorrow it might be me or you undecided

6 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by SultanOfPuna: 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by GeneralPula: 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2023

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by DeTribalisedCit: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
@Kobonaire4

Perhaps the parent have no right to feel this way too 🤔

It's not just 'some twitter users' calling her liar. Those handles are known.

See them here: https://www.nairaland.com/7630982/one-year-since-nigeria-happened

I played my own part in reminding some of them today of what they said this time last year, and asking them how do they sleep at night.

5 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Nuhskhut: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
You shall forever be remembered in the hearts of great Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by lereinter(m): 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Imagine the owo massacre too

Still people voted for apc in Ondo state

3 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Sundaland: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Lawyer petitions International Criminal Court over Tinubu' s spokesman, Onanuga's inciting comments.

ICC acknowledged the receipt of the petition dated March 27, 2023, and signed by Mark P. Dillon, Head of Information and Evidence Unit, Office of The Prosecutor.

Read on..
https://dailypostngr.com/2023/03/lawyer-petitions-icc-over-tinubus-spokesman-onanugas-inciting-remarks/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Stephaniegold(f): 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
Buhari failed us

1 Like

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Okiton: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
angry
Nigeria has failed so many of us
But we are grateful to the almighty God who keep us alive till date.

Nigeria has failed us woefully, words cannot tell it all

3 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Franzinni: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
It is easy to fix Nigeria but it will upset alot of vampires

4 Likes

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by princeryle1: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
RIP

1 Like

Re: Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family by Dudebouncer: 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
VULCAN:
Nobody will go to your useless channel.
Where people are mourning you came to sell market.

Jackass

I'm very sorry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blame Niger Delta Militants For The Recession – Osinbajo / Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Needs A Leader With Iron And Steel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.