Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? (19751 Views)

What Do You Share In Common With Your Wife? / Do You Share The Same Toothbrush With Your Spouse? / Would You Share A Toothbrush With Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Theblessed(f): 2:57am On Sep 20, 2011
[size=16pt]What? What am I hearing here?

And, why would a decent and well informed person ever, do that?  coolangry
[/size]
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 20, 2011
Its not romantic. its disgusting.

do you know how many germs you're sharing? Jeez, eww.

Just like SOME oral infections (such as Herpes)  can be transmitted  through the sharing of saliva (i.e toothbrush)
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by itiswell1(m): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2011
@OP, Dont you kiss your wife. Afterall, some pple kiss on their first date not even know the kin thing wey the guy/gal mouth.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Jeezy: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2011
I'd rather not undecided
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by nwkrix: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2011
There's no point discussing this. A woman u were involved with in a major and continuous liplock from dusk till dawn, why can't you use her toothbrush if yours is not immediately in sight.
Like some posters said, it is more romantic than a candle-light dinner.
Now, I am your Love Doctor, this act can heal a suffering relationship or marriage.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by femmy2010(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2011
Yes
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by brainpulse: 11:11am On Sep 20, 2011
there are so many things that keeps marriage alive and this is part of it. most times it tells the other person that i have nothing i am keeping, and this is only for those that are matured in marriage not for boy friends and girl friends on for teenagers on the nairaland. using your spouse toothbrush has no health implication. cant you do mouth to mouth to revive your friend if he or she has an accident.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 11:27am On Sep 20, 2011
ENZO SCIFO:

Nonsense question.'ve been married for six years now and cant remember being able to tell my toothbrush from my wife's own we both simply just use any of the two toothbrushes in the cup anytime we need to wash.

Why am I even answering this yeye question, woman that I give head and she returns the complement practically twice a week so i should think twice before using her brush!!!!!!!!!!I hear you Mr abi na Mrs hygiene.

The only thing I like about your post is your name. ENZO SCIFO; you must be a real football fan. Beware of mouth cancer o with all this your head. It is this kind of attitude that led to the spread of Mad Cow disease.

Use your toothbrush privately for better health and vitality.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by sunshineky(m): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ Maclatunji. You actually talk like someone thats not married.
There are 3 tooth brushes in our bathroom and i use any color that suits my emotion each morning.
Maybe u shld buy a seperate set of cutleries for ur guest, never kiss ur gf dont breath the air pple exhale afterall its not hygenic.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
sunshineky:

@ Maclatunji. You actually talk like someone thats not married.
There are 3 tooth brushes in our bathroom and i use any color that suits my emotion each morning.
Maybe u shld buy a seperate set of cutleries for your guest, never kiss your gf dont breath the air pple exhale afterall its not hygenic.

I am not actually, but that is beside the point. Sharing your toothbrush is unhygienic (that is the point), I don't care how you get down with your spouse with bedmatics but at least when you say you want to clean your mouth try and do a good job of it.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Ofido(m): 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2011
Occasionally YES!! Even back in schl i do use my girlfriends own if one thing lead to the other i passed the nigth in her house and she also uses mine if she no prepare come my house sleep.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by r231(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
maclatunji:

I am not actually, but that is beside the point. Sharing your toothbrush is unhygienic (that is the point), I don't care how you get down with your spouse with bedmatics but at least when you say you want to clean your mouth try and do a good job of it.

Now i am not understanding you again undecided undecided undecided

are you asking for pple's opinion on this topic

OR you are CAMPAIGNING TO PEOPLE NOT TO USE THEIR SPOUSES TOOTHBRUSH if they used to
undecided
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
I think I have seen enough of people's opinion to realise that it is more common than I thought. However, because it happens does not make it right or healthy. Hence, I am now campaigning against it. I would not share a toothbrush with my Father, mother, siblings, wife or anybody else for that matter except by accident.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by r231(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2011
maclatunji:

I think I have seen enough of people's opinion to realise that it is more common than I thought. However, because it happens does not make it right or healthy. Hence, I am now campaigning against it. I would not share a toothbrush with my Father, mother, siblings, wife or anybody else for that matter except by accident.

I am sure that wasn't your question cus those set of people are not your spouse undecided undecided

and besides you cant control what goes on in other peoples home/relationship/marriage

just cus you find it unhygienic don't mean the rest of the people have to jump on the ship with you

its whateva works in pples home
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^^True
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by bosmma: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2011
well is not bad to share the same toothbrush with your wife,as far as can kiss her
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2011
bosmma:

well is not bad to share the same toothbrush with your wife,as far as can kiss her

Welcome to Nairaland and I thank you for choosing my thread to post on first. How sweet.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by bosmma: 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2011
many of gays leak there bebe under and u are now toking of using the same toothbrush
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 1:23pm On Sep 20, 2011
bosmma:

many of man-loving-men leak there bebe under and u are now toking of using the same toothbrush

I think you have summarized the mindset of many people here. They feel that because they have had different unmentionables in their mouth whilst doing whatever it is they do, sharing a toothbrush cannot be/is not a big deal. I don't agree with this of course.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by bosmma: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2011
is what you pratice in the beiging that master u , for marry men and women is right for me o
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Bisco4sure: 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2011
There is no big deal in it me and my spouse can use the same toothbrush
why do they kiss each other than
it has no mean my dear
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by shooze: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2011
If u can suck the vjj and the john thomas and even swallow all the stuff that comes out of those places omo toothbrush na small thing biko.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by bosmma: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2011
everybody as say it all ,but is not bad to used toothbursh
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
shooze:

If u can suck the vjj and the john thomas and even swallow all the stuff that comes out of those places omo toothbrush na small thing biko.

Kind sir, please do me a favour and never ever donate blood. Thank you!
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by peleson: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO SHARE TOWEL, TOOTHBRUSH,HELL NO, KISSING IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT IS OF DIFFERENT PSYCHOLOGY  AND EMOTION IS ATTACHED TOO.
DONT TELL ME YOU KISS YOUR SPOUSE TOOTHBRUSH WHEN S/HE IS NOT AROUND?
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by maclatunji: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
peleson:

FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO SHARE TOWEL, TOOTHBRUSH,HELL NO, KISSING IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT IS OF DIFFERENT PSYCHOLOGY  AND EMOTION IS ATTACHED TOO.
DONT TELL ME YOU KISS YOUR SPOUSE TOOTHBRUSH WHEN S/HE IS NOT AROUND?

I wonder, I just wonder.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Euuuuuuuwwww, no. I can't share a toothbrush with anyone, wife inclusive. It's an unhealthy practice. Everyone has their own set of germs that they're immune to, but wouldn't be good for someone else. Sure, saliva's shared during kissing, but saliva is healthy, up to a point. Now you sniff old saliva that's dried on a pillow, or handkerchief, and honestly tell me it's pleasant, and you'd put it in your mouth?

A toothbrush that's picked up plaque and tartar from beneath the gumline (your tongue never gets that far) will be teaming with all sorts of germs, whilst harmless to the owner, may be quite unhealthy to another individual. Disgusting habit, would you chew a lump of meat that your spouse has chewed to death? Or share a chewing stick? Gross.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Smilenw(f): 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2011
^ Thank you and god bless you !
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by EfeEkarume(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2011
Share? Tootbrush? Spouse? Of course yes, that's only if my spouse toothbrush is in .jpg format. I will share the photos on facebook, myspace, twitter with her!
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2011
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^ Yes, sharing a toothbrush won't kill you. And it's one thing to inadvertently use a toothbrush that's been exposed to all sorts of bacteria. Quite another to knowingly use a toothbrush that's been used by your spouse, gums often bleed during brushing. Are you honestly telling me it's smart to rub old, dried blood across your own gums, probably cut your gums in the process and mix blood that way?

Just because a dirty practice won't kill you, doesn't mean you'll engage in it. Man may be built to withstand bugs, but only a foolish man will decide to test his immunityon a daily basis, by sharing a toothbrush, and by so doing share blood through bleeding gums or mouth ulcers.
Re: Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? by N101: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2011
I've been told human bites are worse than dog bites. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group / How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.