Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,481 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) (24789 Views)

Woman Celebrates Living With HIV For 22 Years (Photos) / Man Shows His Amazing Body Transformation In Just Two Years (Photos) / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Boyooosa(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2023
For Ekweremadu, these ones no know work ..

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Evergreen12345(f): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ike ekweremadu left the group chat 😂

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Antimandatethie(m): 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
TheChameleon:
Ekweremandu should have stayed in Biafuro.

This is what other Nigerians want to hear. A whole region wouldn't be a cesspit that people flee and worship Lagos like London.

President Obi.... please give us opening prayer for our Online Republic.
you com carry the matter for head like say na ur burial uhm
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Ogsirsolo: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2023
They should investigate how they got the kidney
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Ezemann(m): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2023
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by leocollins(m): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2023
Amotolongbo:
One would wonder why Ekweremandu didn’t patronise the hospital with his daughter instead of the London Hospital

Same thought that actually came into my mind, instead of them to put more fund In the health sector of the country, rather the were embezzlled funds for their selfish needs, I have zero pity for him from what he is currently facing now.
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Abiliboi: 4:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
This same facility saved my life back in the years by ✂️ 🔪. Not well equipped but their medical man powers are active and devoted. Big ups FMCU. I want to make a donation someday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by obinna58(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
Only God knows how many people that have died in their hands

The inside is always messy
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by bigpicture001: 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
God will continue to bless and pretect the doctors who stayed behind...not the mumu ones who complain about everything aside their own sacrifices after we trained thrm.at zero school fees..

Juat today a ukrainian wotld title boxer 22, died in the war with Russia, no he didnt meet accidental death..he was actually a volunteer to help defend his country after Russia invaded it...what sacrifice can be more than that..?

The ukrainian heavy weight boxer who drfeated joshua was on the fronline for over 1year fighting and dropped his guns ,and travelledbto preopre for joshua..defeated joshua ..and went back to war to continue defending his country...

To nigerians money is everything..that why they never ever develop
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Akharmony: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ekwerenmadu comes to mind. . But o feel his own case was setup from the coven of witches
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Unrated900(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2023
Igbo amaka
Our bloodas in d yeast are making us proud.
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
Alary:

What is this one saying, you are not well informed.
Southwest have 3 of the best four KIDNEY CENTRES in Nigeria.
1 ZENITH KIDNEY MEDICAL CENTRE ABUJA
2. KIDNEY SOLUTION LIMITED LAGOS
3 .ST NICOLAS HOSPITAL LAGOS
4 . UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL (UCH) IBADAN

This are the four topmost kidney centres in Nigeria that has undertaken thousands of successful kidney transplant and treatment since year 2000 .

Ranking as done by who ?
Mumu

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
dinachi:

This report is full of nothing but optimism. Knowing how Nigeria works, I would like to see a comprehensive report. 11 so called successful transplants. How many of the patients lived up to five years after the transplant?

You conducted 11 successful surgeries Ok. How many surgeries were unsuccessful? How many?

For instance, if you conducted 100 surgeries and only 11 are successful, can you really be said to be successful?

So how many of those surgeries were unsuccessful? Give us a full report. Stop trying to pull a wool over our eyes.

Go and ask the Indians that do the same things similar questions.
You haven't gotten answers to your questions but you concluded they are pulling wool over your eyes , in judgement
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by spiralwedge(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ekweremadu didn’t get the memo.

Village people direct am to jail straight
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by yellowman2225(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
Fattesticles:
Oh my god this is not good

I have been telling the mods

Are you sure the accommodating landlords will like this ?

This kind of news may spoil the yuniti of the country

UCH IBADAN HAS MADE MORE TRANSPLANTS THAN THAT. UCH JAD ITS FIRST SINCE 2008. UNILAG HOSPITAL JAD THEIR SECOND TRANSPLANT SINCE 2016.

IF YOU DOUBT ME, ASK ANY GOVERNMENT DOCTOR IN NIGERIA TO TELL YOU THE BEST GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL IN NIGERIA.

THE CLEAR ANSWER WILL NE UCH AND UNILAG

STOP THIS CHEST BEATING AND LETS WORK TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER PLACE.

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
bigpicture001:
God will continue to bless and pretect the doctors who stayed behind...not the mumu ones who complain about everything aside their own sacrifices after we trained thrm.at zero school fees..

Juat today a ukrainian wotld title boxer 22, died in the war with Russia, no he didnt meet accidental death..he was actually a volunteer to help defend his country after Russia invaded it...what sacrifice can be more than that..?

The ukrainian heavy weight boxer who drfeated joshua was on the fronline for over 1year fighting and dropped his guns ,and travelledbto preopre for joshua..defeated joshua ..and went back to war to continue defending his country...

To nigerians money is everything..that why they never ever develop

That's because the country was good to him as well.
You want EndSars victims or IDP camp occupant's who the government betrayed to go to war for the same country ?
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by yellowman2225(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2023
SpatialKing:
Wow

And they are not making noise about it

The ones not making noise are Zenith Hospital and UCH Ibadan. Do you know?

UCH IBADAN HAS MADE MORE TRANSPLANTS THAN THAT. UCH HAD ITS FIRST SINCE 2008. UNILAG HOSPITAL HAD THEIR SECOND TRANSPLANT SINCE 2016.
IF YOU DOUBT ME, ASK ANY GOVERNMENT DOCTOR IN NIGERIA TO TELL YOU THE BEST GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Fattesticles: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2023
yellowman2225:

UCH IBADAN HAS MADE MORE TRANSPLANTS THAN THAT. UCH JAD ITS FIRST SINCE 2008. UNILAG HOSPITAL JAD THEIR SECOND TRANSPLANT SINCE 2016.

If I waited for everyone in southwest to talk please not from clowns in Ibadan na .

Is it not the same oyo Osun broke out from .

You have not dragged with Osun you are saying rubbish
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by ArewaNorth: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
wanimo:
The land of the rising sun.

While they running a government of agberos and hatred in their region, igbos are gradually putting things together to become self sufficient in a few years time.

With this awareness on Nairaland, I can guarantee you that by the end of this year they would be running kidney transplants in that hospital on a weekly basis.

Medical tourism to Igbo land

Kano — A first kidney transplant surgery conducted by indigenous doctors in public hospital, was successfully carried out at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), in Kano 2006.
https://allafrica.com/stories/200610270783.html

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by yellowman2225(m): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2023
wanimo:
The land of the rising sun.

While they running a government of agberos and hatred in their region, igbos are gradually putting things together to become self sufficient in a few years time.

With this awareness on Nairaland, I can guarantee you that by the end of this year they would be running kidney transplants in that hospital on a weekly basis.

Medical tourism to Igbo land

Let it be known that the best Hospitals for Kidney transplant are Zenith Abuja, UCH Ibadan, St Nicholas Lagos, and UnIlag.

UCH IBADAN HAS MADE MORE TRANSPLANTS THAN THAT. UCH HAD ITS FIRST SINCE 2008. UNILAG HOSPITAL HAD THEIR SECOND TRANSPLANT SINCE 2016.

THE CLEAR ANSWER WILL BE UCH AND UNILAG

ALWAYS TRYING TO CLAIM FIRST WHEN THE CLEAR FIRST IS IN THR SW.

LIVE AND LETS LIVE. EVERYTHING NO BE COMPETITION

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by TheChameleon: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2023
Antimandatethie:

Antimandatethie to his useless father and wh0re mother-
you com carry the matter for head like say na ur burial uhm

Eyah. Them don become OBItuaries? grin my condolences. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by yellowman2225(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
Fattesticles:

If I waited for everyone in southwest to talk please not from clowns in Ibadan na .

Is it not the same oyo Osun broke out from .

You have not dragged with Osun you are saying rubbish

So, your Umuahia is now in the league of Ibadan?

Who is the clown here?

Comparing UCH (University College London Hospital) with a village Hospital I Umuahia?

Stop chest beating. No public Hospital in Nigeria beats UCH bro!

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by SpatialKing(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
yellowman2225:

The ones not making noise are Zenith Hospital and UCH Ibadan. Do you know?

Must you bring bigotry to everything?

My post has nothing to do with comparison or chest beating.

My point is so many Nigerians who are in dear need of transplant and such medical attention might not be aware that FMC Umuahia does kidney transplant most awareness needs to created ...

Because you usually think from your a*us of bigotry and can't reasons beyond that.

Come to think of it you claim all those hospitals in the South west are the best yet Buhari and Tinubu would rather go UK and France... Especially Tinubu has know business going abroad for medical treatment he should visit Unilag TH and UCH
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by yellowman2225(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
ArewaNorth:

Kano — A first kidney transplant surgery conducted by indigenous doctors in public hospital, was successfully carried out at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), in Kano 2006.
https://allafrica.com/stories/200610270783.html

Imagine what Kano has been doing for ages and someone coming in 2023 to chest beat.

Thank you bro for telling them.

Only the backward always believe they are the first to do what others have been doing for ages.

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Xpol: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
Good but we also wish to know the unsuccessful ones. No matter how equipped these facilities are, trust our big men most especially the politicians will always see it as a big risk to get their loved ones operated on there.

If I hear say the likes of Ekweremadu go gree go there but trust me after his long term leave he will consider the option in any future dealings.

Nigerians are very talented but my problem with them is they take things for granted. I can't imagine myself boarding Nigerian Air and feel saved.

Pilot: Oga e be like say this plane no too good o it's having some faults.

Oga: Can it still fly?

Pilot: Yes sir

Oga: okay okay manage am when you comes back we'll get it fixed, I trust you, you're an expert.

1 Like

Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by yellowman2225(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2023
SpatialKing:

Must you bring bigotry to everything?

My post has nothing to do with comparison or chest beating.

My point is so many Nigerians who are in dear need of transplant and such medical attention might not be aware that FMC Umuahia does kidney transplant most awareness needs to created ...

Because you usually think from your a*us of bigotry and can't reasons beyond that.

Come to think of it you claim all those hospitals in the South west are the best yet Buhari and Tinubu would rather go UK and France... Especially Tinubu has know business going abroad for medical treatment he should visit Unilag TH and UCH

See POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK.

YOUR POSTS REEKS OF BIGOTRY.

AND THEY ARE NOT MAKING NOISE ABOUT IT MEANS WHAT?

ALSO, I REPLIED TO THOSE QUOTING AGBEROS (WHICH WE KNOW WHO THEY REFER TO)

I ONLY QUOTED THOSE THAT POSTED TRIBAL SLURS, WITH FACT. I NEVER CALLED ANY ONE AN UNACCEPTABLE NAME.

FACT REMAINS. STOP CJEST BEATING IN WHAT HAD BEEN DONE ANF DUSTED IN SW.

FOR YOUR LAST QUESTION!

HOW MANY POLITICIANS HAVE DONE TRANSPLANT IN UMUAHIA?

WHY DIDN'T EKWEREMADU PATRONIZE THEM?

I BELIEVE THIS ANSWERS WHY POLITICIANS DON'T USE UCH AND LAG
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by datadot: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2023
Gbadespet:

Do you also teach on the listed programs
I do but not at the moment.
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by ufotunang: 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2023
Our politcians do not value their own things in the country nigeria. They like abroad things... schools abroad, hospital medical treatment abroad, wedding abroad,, meetings abroad ,vacation abroad that is why this country is bad like this... if you do not value your own things you will not develop it and make it better
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
Amotolongbo:
One would wonder why Ekweremandu didn’t patronise the hospital with his daughter instead of the London Hospital

Honestly, that is the question.
Re: FMC Umuahia Conducts 11th Successful Kidney Transplant In 4 Years (PHOTOS) by ufotunang: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
cry
SmartPolician:
We will get there with time. Like I always tell people, nobody is totally immune to bad leadership, no matter what you benefit from it.

If people like Ike Ekweremadu had worked hard to fix this country, I am sure he wouldn't be in this mess.
...our politcians do not value their own things in the country....they like things abroad.... university abroad, hospital medical treatment abroad, shopping abroad, meetings abroad, vacation abroad... that is why this country is bad like this . when you do not value your own things you cannot develop it and make it more better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda / Woman Pictured Holding Own Heart After Transplant / Sierra Leone Appoints Laoluwa Adejayan As Head Of COVID-19 Task Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.