Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram (13315 Views)

Aisha Buhari Arrives Borno In Style. Picture / See Another Young Nigerian Soldier Killed In Borno In The Line Of Duty / Ex-MEND Militants Considers Retaliation And Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by daik(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
Fire For Fire : Ex- Militants Challange Boko Haram

A BATTLE line appears to be emerging between the dreaded sect, Boko Haram, and ex-militants of the Niger Delta, following the state of insecurity in the nation as the ex-militants has vowed to storm Borno State in search of members of the Islamic sect.

Leader of a group of 6,166 ex-militants, Abubakar Sylvester Oyas Tambo, popularly known as Aso Tambo, told The Guardian in an interview, that the group will soon storm Borno and other hideouts of Boko Haram in order to put an end to their threats on government and the nation at large.

Tambo, the national chairman of the Coalition of Niger Delta ex-Militants Leaders, under the Presidential Amnesty phase two, is from Ekeremo in Bayelsa State and was the leader of the group of more than 2,000 ex–militants that stormed the FCT on July 7th, 2010 in over 60 buses.

He viewed the current state of insecurity as posed by Boko Haram as a fight against Jonathan’s administration and vowed to quench it. “It is because of the innocent ones dying in these bomb blasts that we are taking this step and we will not allow the unchecked activities of Boko Haram to destabilize Jonathan’s administration.”

He, however, absolved the president and the Amnesty office from knowledge of the group’s plan to attack the sect.

Tambo, who called on Northern leaders, to call members of the Boko Haram sect to order, or have both groups clash, urged the federal government to steer clear of the clashes that will soon ensue. According to him, the attack on innocent citizens by Boko Haram was not a mere fight against the government and the entire nation, but against the government of a Niger Delta-led government.

He called on Boko Haram to stop the cowardly act of hiding among innocent Nigerians to fight but that they should come out to the open, set up bases from where they could be engaged, rather than stay in places where innocent Nigerians can easily fall victim of crossfire.

Meanwhile, speaking recently at a public lecture organised by the Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution (IPCR), Prof. Muhammed Ladan, from the Faculty of Law at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), said the government would have to tackle the reasons for youths’ adoption of violence and terrorism before the menace of insecurity could be contained.

Ladan, who was the guest lecturer at the event, noted that the solution to terrorism in Nigeria was not in the use of military force alone, but combination of human capital empowerment and military might.

To buttress his point, Ladan noted that about 12.2 million educated Nigerian youths were unemployed; among them are those who have embraced terrorism and violence. “The government will have to understand how these extremist youths, especially the Boko Haram, have grown in sophistication before terrorism can be stamped out,” he said.

He added that there should be thorough investigations and the sharing of intelligence on previous bombing in order to prevent crime, rather than making hurried arrests and name mentioning. According to him, the bombing of the UN House could have been prevented if information on previous attacks had been shared.

However, Director General of IPCR, Dr. Joseph Golwa, said the inability to satisfactorily resolve high profile cases has a disproportionate impact on both local and international perception of the effectiveness of the criminal justice system. He added that the nation’s criminal justice system must be able to punish criminals and terrorists who have perfected the art of using bombs to kill and maim innocent people at will.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61432:fire-for-fire-ex-militants-challenge-boko-haram-&catid=181:cityfile&Itemid=708
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by SouthEast1: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2011
hahahahahah! No surrender no retreat.
Ijaw face off with kanuri/hausa/fulani. These guys better don't go to Borno or they will come back in caskets.

They can start their war in the south where there are many ''you know whom''
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by adamabdul: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2011
roflmao
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by phrankar(f): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2011
egbele ooo shocked shocked shocked, i see serious wae. Eyin oyinbo wa funmi ni visa! cool
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol, pls, let them do so
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by clomn(m): 7:40am On Sep 20, 2011
may god see them through this. and may the same god punish anybody that have hand in boko haram.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by ziccoit: 7:41am On Sep 20, 2011
wetin be their interest this time around?
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by igboboy1(m): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2011
o di egwu, onye ogbuna na cho okwu these days grin
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Sacarstic: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2011
I am a passionate believer in NON-VIOLENT RESISTER TO EVIL, So my position on this is capital "NAY" to the EX-Militant Leader.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Sacarstic: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2011
I am a passionate believer in NON-VIOLENT RESISTANCE TO EVIL, So my position on this is capital "NAY" to the EX-Militant Leader.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 20, 2011
Lllllooooollllll. Na just mouth. We like there activities up north so it will hasten naija dis integration. Hehehehe. No aboki will rule over us again with our own oyelu (oil) money.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by slap1(m): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2011
Have they fixed a date yet?
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by princedant: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2011
its only a fool that will choose to fight a man in his own bedroom

1 Like

Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by yusuf2(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2011
These ex-mend guys must be joking, here are what they wld achieve if they embark on their senseless adventure
1. Ignite an un-needed war
2. Get themselves wiped out (killed)

So they actually think that it is the typical backwards hausa/fulani abokis that are behind BH? Safe journey.

I guess their motive is to go & help their broda Jona to solve an issue he is unable to tackle! Talk of eye service! Shior!
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by badpeople: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2011
Good, i luv this, niger delta boys are waking up, MILITANTS- go and prove to them you people have started carring heavy guns, superior explosives, heavy bombs before they started their backwardness gbokoharrams idea, show them, fire for fire,
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by russellino: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2011
Rubbish talk. Go where? They will be eaten in a day. They are just trying to make some noise, that's allowed
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by kcpumping(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2011
cchinekeeeee!dis is fire for fire oooo.wel,me,na ghana i dey so should any needs my financial support or advice i wil b readily available hence d concept wil bring solution to our problem k.nna men voom ka mma karia statement, lmao.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by GMcompere: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2011
Mend Vs Bokos shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria We hail thee
Our home and Native Land
Though Tribe and Tongue Maybe differ
In[b] Brotherhoood [/b]we stand grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2011
As a niger deltan, i support dis move totally! We can not sit back and watch aboki make fun of a niger deltan controlled govt. Of nigeria, lets do a bomb war! Who nor get liver na him dey fear! Na today?
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by idmanzik: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2011
See pot calling kettle black, I wonder if the Ex-Militants now work for the government.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Gnosticmovement(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2011
I dont think dis story is true, coz he knws thier fytn style depends so much on the terrain, borno be like desert o when compared to d creeks, so except he has a deathwish i dont think he will go there, and as he said the bokos have no base or camp that can be engaged, so hw does he plan on fighting? Wait till anoda attack before engaging, lmao, i think the source of dis story is fishy, gmn,
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by maxtum(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2011
lemme go buy Pop corn and maltina first!, can we please have a live channel for this movie?
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by strangest(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2011
COMMANDO VS RAMBO
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2011
What deathwish?

When your enemies weapons are
1. hand held grenade
2. improvised explosives
3. suicide bombers

and your weapons are

1. submitted to the government's 'amnesia' program,

[s]no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper[/s]
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2011
For all the silly ND and there corrupt militias.I hope when you go there on another mans land to wage war thats has nothing to do with you,Then you should have no qualms if they also export same violence across into the ND!Did i hear you say then we would wipe all Northern people in the ND.That then gets all encompassing and surely alot more get involved in the North and puff the southerners up north get a serious taste.
You see to actualize this they need to first pull out the entire southerners up north and then build a fence after ensuring every Northerner or Cell is pushed back to the north. undecided undecided undecided undecided
When the ND militants had there own,remind us which group was it that went down south into the creeks to fight them?Nonsense people.Spoil corrupt kidnappers and useless minded people with zero manners.Anyway i wish them well and alot more than cheap talk.So we finally get to the bridge. wink wink wink
If not wetin concern you with FG matter and another man state matter.Why don't you mind your own business.Abi MEND now is police and army in this country.The sad thing is where is the SSS.For someone like this to come out and threaten violating the laws of the land in the open yet nothing happens tells alot about the weakness and daftness of our security. angry angry angry
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 20, 2011
slap1:

Have they fixed a date yet?
alj harem na dis id u wan use 4dis thread
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by MrMurdah: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2011
Fool, do you think you are acting The Expendables in Nigeria?

Who told this idiot that these people are only in Borno?

Tambo, you brain-dead ex-millitant, you pull that move and you set the whole Nigerian nation on fire.

This is not an action movie, so slow your roll.

What a fool!
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by snthesis(m): 8:46am On Sep 20, 2011
just like that shocked shocked shocked
storm ko, torch ni
berra yet they should curve/bold/javelin Borno grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by Gnosticmovement(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2011
Hakai nai or wat ever ur name is, lets stop beign sectorian abt this argument and be logical abt it, hw many mosques,churces were bombed by mend?can u recall any, hw many times did mend hit bystanders or conduct driveby shootings, can u recall, mend had a cause to fight for, i agree some of them became corrupt, but mend and bokos are two different things, mend were continuing the cause of sir isaac adaka boro, while bokos are nothing but terrorists fighting for , ? Pls tell me what they are fightn for coz i dont get it, coz i dont see how bombing universities in d south relate to their cause which is islamization of the north, i wish religion never existed, no thanks to zoroaster, :/
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by OLASODE2K: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2011
Very good threat but a very stupid idea by an anarchist. I dont think any other idea, if implemented by the idle mind who mooted it, could break nigeria much faster. If they are so stupid to go after boko haram, it would only make all the northerners to join boko haram and worse GEJ might be even be overthrown and the resulting northern headed govt will promptly send the military south south in order to crush ur insurgency. All these would take place within three months. Most of u would have been killed b4 the 4month and ur mothers, wives & sisters raped. These ex-militants are so dump and stupid to throw away all the gains they have acquired from their decade-long agitations. Something the ibos with much more education, intelligence, determination and population have not been to reclaim in four-decade agitation. I wísh them goodluck but i think i owe them one thing: attendance of their joint funerals.
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by igbogolo: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2011
hmmm, ihe nkea adikwa egwu! e don shele! the nigerian soup is boiling and frothing over the charcoal fire,
Re: Ex-Mend Militants Vow To Storm Borno In Search Of Boko Haram by nusdog: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2011
Suicide mission.

These people have no clue of what is driving BH, I swear. They think politics is the same as ideology. BH is not after money, this is the kind of death opportunities that thrills them.

Anyway, MEND let's know the date so we can note when to mark your death anniversaries.

I dey laugh for resource control men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SARAKI: Code of Conduct Tribunal Refuses Entry Of Journalists Into Its Premises / Don't Post CCT Clips Proceeding On Social Media - Umar / FG Extends 2016 Budget Implementation To March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.