Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? (357 Views)

I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s / My Campaign Won’t Slur People, Atiku Tells Supporters / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by Penguin2: 11:48am On Mar 30, 2023
About 3 days ago, Seun made a commendable effort towards bringing sanity back to Nairaland by announcing the ban on ethnic slurs which is what has hitherto made Nairaland a very notorious platform for propagation of ethnic hatred and what not.

However, his article was vague as it did not enunciate what constitutes ethnic slurring, the words, phrases or sentences that could be adjudged as such.

So, I write this to seek clarification, both for myself and for others who might want to know so that we can be properly guided.

They say ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but I also think the law should not be deliberately hidden or made vague and ambiguous and left only to the judge to interpret as he wills.

So, what constitutes ethnic slur on Nairaland?

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique
OAM4J
Nlfpmod
Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by Zonefree(m): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2023
I was excited when Seun said Agbado is not an ethnic slur.

3 Likes

Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by madridguy(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2023
Nigerians will not forget a particular tribe that have been praying for the down fall of our beloved country since their adopted son lost to Buhari in 2015.

They started hating the president, wishing and praying for sudden death for him. Calling the Fulani, Hausa and Yoruba many names just for voting for Buhari.

I remembered how seun and his mods always quickly to delete every thread promoting IPOB agitation or that has anything to do with the sect. We nairalanders Yoruba, hausa, fulani and Tapa started telling Seun to allow them air their view, as soon as they have that opportunity NL doesn't have rest again till this moment.
You cannot give out hate and expect love in return.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by God1000(m): 11:55am On Mar 30, 2023
Making demeaning and hateful comments about other tribes

3 Likes

Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by Penguin2: 11:57am On Mar 30, 2023
God1000:
Making demeaning and hateful comments about other tribes

Like?
Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by PointB: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2023
Still waiting for the clarification.

It's going to be really difficult as task to list them. For example some might argue that Aboki, Afonja, IPOB are all ethic slurs. I disagree.

Aboki means my friend, Afonja was a legendary Yoruba warrior who took a different path, while IPOB refer to an organisation created by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

So it's a tricky one, but as the Op has taken the case to the 'Tribunal', it's best we wait for their judgment, as law abiding people.
Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by PointB: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
Zonefree:
I was excited when Seun said Agbado is not an ethnic slur.

Agbado aka Corn is my favorite dessert. I once read one Agbadorian suggesting that 85% of Nigerian forest be mowed down and used to plant Agbado. I thought to myself, this guy must have Agbado for a brain. Did he consider the ecological disaster such might cause? Clearly not, cos he's just an Agbadorian.
Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by N2B2: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
Penguin2:
About 3 days ago, Seun made a commendable effort towards bringing sanity back to Nairaland by announcing the ban on ethnic slurs which is what has hitherto made Nairaland a very notorious platform for propagation of ethnic hatred and what not.

However, his article was vague as it did not enunciate what constitutes ethnic slurring, the words, phrases or sentences that could be adjudged as such.

So, I write this to seek clarification, both for myself and for others who might want to know so that we can be properly guided.

They say ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but I also think the law should not be deliberately hidden or made vague and ambiguous and left only to the judge to interpret as he wills.

So, what constitutes ethnic slur on Nairaland?

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dominique
OAM4J
Nlfpmod

Don't bother. The NL mods haven't figured it out yet.

The ban was a hurriedly-enacted effort to feign neutrality after allowing tribalist trolls to run rampant for the entirety of the elections.

Now that the national exercise is over, it's back to "we love the Igbo people" and "One Nigeria" so that the NL userbase will not reduce.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by Penguin2: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
N2B2:

Don't bother. The NL mods haven't figured it out yet.

The ban was a hurriedly-enacted effort to feign neutrality after allowing tribalist trolls to run rampant for the entirety of the elections.

Now that the national exercise is over, it's back to "we love the Igbo people" and "One Nigeria" so that the NL userbase will not reduce.

It is well.

Talk about “wash, rinse and repeat”.🤦

It happened in 2015. The 2015 elections was made about Igbos. Jonathan was reduced to an Igbo candidate. The promoted the “Azikiwe” he added to his name just to make him smell in the north.

2019 was no different. Because Atiku had Obi as running mate, they reduced Atiku to an Igbo candidate just to demarket him.

In these two occasions they always came back to say it was just campaigns. We love the Igbos. Let’s continue to live as one. But as an Igbo young lad, they keep enlarging the sore in my heart against Nigeria.

Now, 2023 they had an Igbo man on the ballot and they threw caution to the wind and went berserk just to stop him.

And as usual, they are back to “let’s keep the peace”.🤦 Really?

Please, what constitutes ethnic slur on Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: What Constitutes Ethnic Slur On Nairaland? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
PointB:
Still waiting for the clarification.

It's going to be really difficult as task to list them. For example some might argue that Aboki, Afonja, IPOB are all ethic slurs. I disagree.

Aboki means my friend, Afonja was a legendary Yoruba warrior who took a different path, while IPOB refer to an organisation created by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

So it's a tricky one, but as the Op has taken the case to the 'Tribunal', it's best we wait for their judgment, as law abiding people.
an ethnic slur on Nairaland is anything you say to counter the tribal and political bigotry of Tinubu supporters especially when e pain dem well well cool

(1) (Reply)

Suggest Ministerial Candidates For The Incoming Government / Tinubu's Victory: Chimamanda And Obi May Cry From Now Till Tomorrow - Afegbua / Just In: Former Imo Gov. Emeka Ihedioha Loses Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.