Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,743 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened (2104 Views)

The Abagana Ambush (march 31,1968) Biafra-nigeria Civil War / Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War / Soldier Killed Along With 8 Colleagues After Boko Haram Ambush In Borno. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by plessis: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2023
lexylaw40:
Omo ibo

Those kwashiokor children now have landed properties all over nigeria.
By the way, only a low hateful degenerate mock little kids who are victims of war.

2 Likes

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Ogene001: 11:07am On Mar 31, 2023
gidgiddy:

Back then, it was not yet a crime enacted by the UN, but it now it is

To use starvation as a weapon of war, or to deprive children in a war zone sustenance for survival, such as food and medicine, is now an international war crime

So as you post these pictures of the war crimes Nigeria had to perpetrate so as to keep a useless "one Nigeria" that has never worked to this day, bear that in mind
That's why I laugh when they blackmail us with the atrocities of the first civil war. They better avoid another war, a lot has changed in the rules of engagement
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Ogene001: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2023
Afamed:

Where do you belong?

PDP / LP should come together to win election in Imo , according to you 2 days ago,

Here, you are promoting your Biafra agenda again

Why are you so confused?
And the two are mutually exclusive? No wonder Peter Obi took you all by surprise.
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Vote4Obi: 11:09am On Mar 31, 2023
kettykin:
And this was against a federal military backed by soviet union, Britain, Egypt, Arab world, Chad, niger . The whole second division of the Nigerian military was destroyed and reduced to nothing but an ash heap by a biafran troop led by Jonathan uchendu .
The only story that comes close to this was the defeat of Goliath and the Arab military by no other person than king David. So devastating was even Abagana ambush that General murtala Mohammed had to go on a self imposed exile till the war ended.
Not even Ukraine military backed by the western military has been able to replicate this feat.

If the actual military exploits by militaries since mankind began, biafran military would be recognized as the only military that fought against an alliance of world power and was still able to wipe out whole divisions of the Nigerian military

"...In Biafra, Africa Died"

When I read history books and WikiLeaks about the extent Harold Wilson, the then British prime minister went to crush Biafra, as well as the active involvement of other super powers like USSR then Egypt, Niger, Chad etc. I feel goosebumps allover.

In modern history, only the Nazi Germany attacks on Jews can be compared to what Biafrans experienced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by franchasofficia: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2023
cool
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Vote4Obi: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2023
Ogene001:

You are getting it wrong, Nigeria was not feeding them. Nigeria was allowing food transportation which was standard practice, but out of frustrations because they couldn't win, they stop allowing movement of food supply. All food supply was either purchased with Biafra money or donated by allies and charity organizations

Let me even capture it more succinctly. Significant parts of Biafra was either battlefronts or were under Nigerian control. This resulted in refugees flooding other parts under Biafran control. Remember that millions that returned from other parts of Nigeria were yet to be completely resettled before war broke out.

Based on the above factors, farming was practically impossible in many areas. Only importation of food could have helped to feed millions of displaced people. It was mostly the displaced Biafrans that died from starvation and diseases. Others who weren't displaced managed with what they could get from their farms.

What happened during Biafra can only be compared to Nazi Germany onslaught on Jews. It was terrible to say the least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Afamed: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2023
Ogene001:

And the two are mutually exclusive? No wonder Peter Obi took you all by surprise.

In an election he came 3rd. You are right he really took us by surprise.

Truly the Pandora fraud electoral value is next to nothing

2 Likes

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by seunmsg(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2023
Abagana massacre was a gift to the Biafran forces by Muritala Mohammed. In saner clime, Muritala Muhammed would have been court martial for what happened.

Whatever the case, this goes to show that no one really wins in a war. Every side will only end up losing. Everything must be done to avoid another war. Those beating the drums of war should learn.

3 Likes

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Princessstee: 11:56am On Mar 31, 2023
What about the end, Nigeria would have end all Biafran lives if they wanted to. To me its a very stupid war

Th success of Abagana is because Nigeria made a mistake of handling Biafra like one of its citizens.

1 Like

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by decatalyst(m): 12:38pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ogene001:

But huger is wiping out you all right now when there is no war. I don't know why your people celebrate playing outside the rules. Na so una start attacking voters when you started losing election, instead of hiding your head in shame, you brag about it.

Don't don't be a slowpoke!

You don't even know where I belong!

Leave the pain, cry, laughter and happy moments of the past in the past.

Now is the time to work on a better future. Not unearthing relics of the past!
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by aamir14t: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
So you no fit kill soildiers, na children be your target. Shame no de catch una?So you no fit kill soildiers, na children be your target. Shame no de catch una?...
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by Asswipemod: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2023
seunmsg:
Abagana massacre was a gift to the Biafran forces by Muritala Mohammed. In saner clime, Muritala Muhammed would have been court martial for what happened.

Whatever the case, this goes to show that no one really wins in a war. Every side will only end up losing. Everything must be done to avoid another war. Those beating the drums of war should learn.

Can you imagine what this one is saying. A gift? Come, how do people cope with you, especially at work? The way you think; your choice of words; attitude. Everything! It's always wrong. Oga o! Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!

3 Likes

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by OmoFiditi: 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ifckedurwife:

It was a fluke hit from a lone artillery war head that struck a fuel truck in the convoy.

Since you like bringing up the past and civil war ,hope you won't be angry when I post pics of your kwashiorkor parents?

I don't think anyone cares if you post the pictures. Biafrans are already desensitized to those gory pictures, they see it everyday. So go ahead and Bleep your assz with the dilddo. grin
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
lexylaw40
Omo ibo

Most of these hungry kids are now owners of the most beautiful mansions in choicest areas Lagos and SW while you and your parents live in mud houses with brown roofs. Anu ofia

4 Likes

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by dnawah(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
EastAlchemist:
I can’t really tell the story
I wasn’t there
But I have pictures
Enjoy

AKA colonel Yanky dodo(late) blew a tanker of fuel in nigerian army convoy,he was promoted because of this.i wish he is alive now to give me the full story.

2 Likes

Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by gidgiddy: 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ogene001:

You are getting it wrong, Nigeria was not feeding them. Nigeria was allowing food transportation which was standard practice, but out of frustrations because they couldn't win, they stop allowing movement of food supply. All food supply was either purchased with Biafra money or donated by allies and charity organizations

Not too long ago, President Assad of Syria wanted to capture Aleppo after many months of fierce fighting with no headway. He surrounded the place and refused that nothing would go in or come out

The UN then reminded him that it was high crime it was to use starvation and deprivation as a weapon of war, he then allowed a humanitarian corridor for the UN to bring food, even enemy Soldiers ate from the food
Re: Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened by YorubaSlur: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ifckedurwife:
At the end,this was the outcome

The. End?? E never end. Millions of Yoruba and Hausa people are now living like war era biafrans grin

I won't be surprised if you are one of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Detention In The UK. FFK Mocks Peter Obi. Say Yes Daddy. Tweet. / Reno Writes About How Examination Malpractices Flourishes In Anambra / French Police Subdue Riots Over Jobs Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.