Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? (573 Views)

Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? / Can You Date A Smoker? / Can You Marry A Smoker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by 1Battery(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
I don't think is easy.
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by VenExchangee: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2023
Yeah its possible only when God intervenes.
I think God never intervene on my own o because for now I don't think its possible for me to stop smoking
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Tallesty1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
VenExchangee:
Yeah its possible only when God intervenes.
I think God never intervene on my own o because for now I don't think its possible for me to stop smoking
God dey hear sha

2 Likes

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by 1Battery(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=VenExchangee post=122199998]Yeah its possible only when God intervenes.
I think God never intervene on my own o because for now I don't think its possible for me to stop smoking [/quot

Is not easy bro , throughout last year I promised not to smoke and i did but since this year it has been on another level for me ,I smoke with no joy.
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by neonly: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hmmmmmmm it kind of hard ooooo old habit they really hard to kill
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
Of course... If I can do it anyone with determination can. Now if I smell cigarettes anywhere it's so irritating. Na only loud I still dey do once in a blue moon unlike before. I smoke everything smokeable every blessed day of my life

3 Likes

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Nonexisting1: 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2023
There is nothing God in it. If you truly want to quit smoking, it's very easy. I stopped smoking and now, the smell alone irritates me. Gaining control of fetish and addiction is what differentiates humans from animals. If you don't put a control on your life, something will someday.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Autobot05: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
Yeah .. I agree with the first comment
E nor easy sha but it's possible .since Jan 1st, I never touch any smoke and I hope to make it forever. It's all a matter of decision ( stay away from your smoking squad too )
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Akinfemmy(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2023
It's all about self discipline, and you've got to be conscious of people and places you go to. You need to take deliberate steps if you want to stop

1 Like

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
Not easy but still achievable.
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by torqque7(m): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
1Battery:
I don't think is easy.

YESSS Iam a living testimony to that..I started smoking in school and became so addicted to smoking,wake-up at night na ciga and we start looking for cigarette buds to smoke the small tobacco in them..going to toilet to take a dump cigar most follow.

I was in the hospital in India for surgery and I dey sneak out from ward go smoke ciga..kai it was real bad that one of my guys babe(he is late now sha RIP to him) told him that the rate we smoke in the house ehnn I go soon die lol..fortunately I am still here but sadly my guy passed away some years latter of something else sha.

I decided to stop one day o and always found other things to distract me and now I so much hate the smell of it Glory to God. I smoked heavily for like 5-6years o,I didn’t ever think I could ever stop it because I was so so addicted to it but God helped me ,so bro if God did it for me trust me he can do it for you too..if someone like me can quit it then anyone can quit it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Lamanii22(f): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2023
I don’t think so, I haven’t seen any
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by marlow1962(m): 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
Yes it's possible only if you don't make it an addiction.
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
Lamanii22:
I don’t think so, I haven’t seen any

See your small mouth like I haven't seen any.

There are for Sure.
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by OndoRaph(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Smoked my last cigarette March 2022. 1yr counting now.
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by spencekat(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Yes.By determination and God's grace
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Starboytwo(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2023
It depends.

I use to do 1 or 2 sticks of benson switch, however, I haven’t this year tho. And I don’t think I will do it again cuz the smell of cigarette smoke repulse me nowadays.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Foodqueen(f): 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2023
Yes. When he reach near death experience
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Gofwane(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
It's best to not even try smoking if you like yourself cos quiting ain't easy o. That's my advice.
...It got so bad that me and my guy once visited a herbalist in search of solution for cigarettes addiction.
Baba said he will give us a powder prepared from cat to give our girlfriends to use prepare food for us. According to him, after eating that food, anywhere we percieve the smell of cigarettes and stayed in that place for up to a minute, na to begin vomit straight up. Omo, we pick race and decided to quit naturally cos those conditions were too extreme for us at that time.

That was in 2012. This is 2023 and man still dey blow cigar though not much like then. We never fit still quit naturally.

1 Like

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Gofwane(m): 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2023
I once watched a documentary about cigarettes addiction and its pandemic, in Malaysia, I think.
The narrator was like: "THIS IS OMAR, HE IS 5 YEARS OLD, HE LOVES TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND HE LOVES TO SMOKE" Oboyyeh, I almost fainted!
Omar was chilling in his father's sitting room with the interviewer and puffing away a stick of cigarettes in one hand, a spare packet and a spark lighter in the other.

His mum was like: "anytime he asks for his cigarettes and we don't give him, he cries and becomes very violent. So we just give him"
I kukuma fainted ;-D

1 Like

Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by Lamanii22(f): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2023
Evolutionlove:

See your small mouth like I haven't seen any.

There are for Sure.

Lol when I haven’t seen nkooor
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by TheLordofHost: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Yes, but not easy
Re: Can A Smoker Stop Smoking Forever? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2023
My dad had 4 brothers nd all of them including my dad were chain smokers but when my dad got born again he stopped smoking nd the other two after seeing my dad stop smoking got born again nd also stopped smoking. The remaining two that weren't ready 2b born again died very young nd they smoked even till the last day. So without God's grace which comes frm true repentance nobody can stop an addiction. U can't do it on ur own. U can't stop smoking, masturbation nd other addictions without God, if u do that it won't last.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Do This / Ooppss!!! This Is It, Can't Believe My Eyes / 5 Ways You Should Attract Girls Who Say You Are Not Their Type

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.