Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? (5586 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads / Fashola And Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by JaaizTech: 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2011
babeface3:

There is a big problem with the blackman especially the species called Nigerians. In the midst of problems you see some charlatans going sentimental. what is too good about the lagos roads. How much does lagos generate in tax and other revenue and they cant make the roads motorable. Lagos roads are too bad these days. The problem with the leaders is that they are just mere bloody politicians with poor visions and policies.

GOOD and fine, lagos has alarming population that the cityis almost gasping for breathe. In this situation there should be a commensurate budget for road rehabilitation in a way that there should be near almost monthly check and maintenance (for goodness sake, tax and other revenue can effectively anchor this with other conflicting needs).

The Isolo Ikotun ejigbo road has people coming from Igondo, Ijegun, Isheri, Ikotun, Ejigbo etc plying the narrow road and even at that it is presently in a very bad shape. It was better arround March but some group of people under the guise of marking the road just opened the little pot holes more for rain to fininsh the ravage. I was driving along this road and crying.

Theres a place between mushin and Iyana Isolo that has a big ditch that I nearly fell into to the surprise of the on lookers that thought I know the terrain. Are you new here? one one them had asked me. That place had been like that for the past one year.

Let us not deceive ourselves, this country has enough money that can transform infrastructure to what we have in Dubai only that the leaders are just bloody greedy politicians looking only at their selfish interests.

Have you ever asked yourselves why power project here has always failed.

The fact is that you dont do lagos road in January and stop in Marchafter getting people's ovation. The number of people that ply these roads alone are enough to scatter it in February to the extent that a visitor will never Know you ever touched it. LAMATA or whatever they call themselves should be nore proactive to have periodic checks on the roads.

This same thing goes to flood in lagos from one administration to another, the same story.

Who even says life cant be better in lagos; who says lagos cannot be decongested.

Why not build low cost housing at the suburbs and provide good transport and security.

What of the everyday traffice; If I rule lagos, I would encourage the use of by by private people especially at the hinterland and phase out commercial okada. I will import low speed or even normal bikes and impose effective speed limit.

Have they ever thought of the economic implication of the kind of heavy traffic jams that occur daily in lagos?

We lack visionary selfless leaders

It very worrisome, that everytime the rains come, all the roads go bad, I don't know if this is what is obtainable in other parts of the world with similar terrain as lagos. One thing that is of utmost concern is that most of the roads that are in this terrible state, have been repaired about 6 months back, but since the rains have come they have all gone bad. Is it about the quality or is it just a situation where they have to keep repairinfg roads every 6 months. Fashola needs to explain. But I have applaud fashola for the new summer class system that He has introduced in the secondary schools; students who hitherto would have repeated are being given a second chance.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by burgy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2011

Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads?
« #31 on: Today at 05:54:36 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a big problem with the blackman especially the species called Nigerians. In the midst of problems you see some charlatans going sentimental. what is too good about the lagos roads. How much does lagos generate in tax and other revenue and they cant make the roads motorable. Lagos roads are too bad these days. The problem with the leaders is that they are just mere bloody politicians with poor visions and policies.

GOOD and fine, lagos has alarming population that the cityis almost gasping for breathe. In this situation there should be a commensurate budget for road rehabilitation in a way that there should be near almost monthly check and maintenance (for goodness sake, tax and other revenue can effectively anchor this with other conflicting needs).

Again, the Isolo Ikotun ejigbo road for instance has people coming from Igondo, Ijegun, Isheri, Ikotun, Ejigbo etc plying the narrow road and even at that it is presently in a very bad shape. It was better arround March but some group of people under the guise of marking the road just opened the little pot holes more for rain to fininsh the ravage. I was driving along this road and crying.

Theres a place between mushin and Iyana Isolo that has a big ditch that I nearly fell into to the surprise of the on lookers that thought I knew the terrain. Are you new here? one one them had asked me. That place had been like that for the past one year.

Let us not deceive ourselves, this country has enough money that can transform infrastructure to what we have in Dubai only that the leaders are just bloody greedy politicians looking only at their selfish interests.

Have you ever asked yourselves why power project here has always failed.

The fact is that you dont do lagos road in January and stop in Marchafter getting people's ovation. The number of people that ply these roads alone are enough to scatter it in February to the extent that a visitor will never Know you ever touched it. LAMATA or whatever they call themselves should be nore proactive to have periodic checks on the roads.

This same thing goes to flood in lagos from one administration to another, the same story.

Who even says life cant be better in lagos; who says lagos cannot be decongested.

Why not build low cost housing at the suburbs and provide good transport and security.

What of the everyday traffice; If I rule lagos, I would encourage the use of by by private people especially at the hinterland and phase out commercial okada. I will import low speed or even normal bikes and impose effective speed limit.

Have they ever thought of the economic implication of the kind of heavy traffic jams that occur daily in lagos?

We lack visionary selfless leaders

very well said, come to gbagada where i live, i take 45mins from marina to gbagada on a good day and spend 1-2hr in gbagada trying to get home, why is it taking for ever for the genral hospital road to be fixed, even in Victoria island the story is the same, so when people tell me fashola is working i wonder where?, ikeja is not any different , has anyone been to the opebi -allen axis of last or is the oba-akran road?, not to mention the other roads that i do not know of, everyday i drive out i curse the government be i t the federal, state or local govt they are all the same
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by MMM2(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2011
so dis what u guyz pass through in 9ja angry
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2011
stories like these make me hate the leaders in our country and the people for putting up with the BS!
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by SisiKill1: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
hilli666:

Lagos has some of the best roads. When I moved to Lagos from the village 9 months ago, I was so impressed to see the level of engineering put in the roads. How can a road have a river in the middle of it? and at the same time a market, farm, morgue, beside it? I was so impressed because we in the umofiagba village have not yet been exposed to such sophistication. We follow the rive path during the dry season and the bush path during the rainy season. Some how the talented engineers of Lagos found a way of allowing the river the car, pedestrians  and animals, to all use the same path regardless of season. If this is not amazing, I don't know what is. Secondly the way the government cares for the safety of everyone who ply the roads, buy putting police check point at every 100 metres to ensure that your car, car particulars and personal health are in good condition. For such outstanding service, I don't mind forking over the occasional 10 -50 Naira fee. How many contries in the world do they have such impeccable service. I so happy to have found a great city like Lagos to live in, In the village nobody cares, and you have to ride your cow or goat to work. At least in Lagos, you can swim on the high way to work during the rainy season. May God continue to bless the people who are in charge of this great city. My Yoruba friend said after any comment I post I should always add " Eko O ni Baje" It must mean Lagos is the best city in the world.

Rotflmao! Classic!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by jmaine: 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2011
You think Lagos road is bad . . .move over to Edo state and get re-oriented . . . .i used to complain about lasgidi roads until Benin gave me a huge jolt as to what could be classified as a terrible roads lining a city  shocked shocked  . . . . notwithstanding . . .our roads in Lag are bad  . . . . . especially the Oko Oba axis . . . . .
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by aljharem3: 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
jmaine:

You think Lagos road is bad . . .move over to Edo state and get re-oriented . . . .i used to complain about lasgidi roads until Benin gave me a huge jolt as to what could be classified as a terrible roads lining a city  shocked shocked  . . . . notwithstanding . . .our roads in Lag are bad  . . . . . especially the Oko Oba axis . . . . .

so u stay in lagos ? Hmmm

i thought u were cross river

good to know cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by PointB: 10:04pm On Sep 20, 2011
At all those complaining of bad roads, may I remind you,

THIS IS LAGOS!

Fashola is clearly working on all the road. Before the 2015 elections, I bet all will be well. grin grin
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by PointB: 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2011
hilli666:

Lagos has some of the best roads. When I moved to Lagos from the village 9 months ago, I was so impressed to see the level of engineering put in the roads. How can a road have a river in the middle of it? and at the same time a market, farm, morgue, beside it? I was so impressed because we in the umofiagba village have not yet been exposed to such sophistication. We follow the rive path during the dry season and the bush path during the rainy season. Some how the talented engineers of Lagos found a way of allowing the river the car, pedestrians  and animals, to all use the same path regardless of season. If this is not amazing, I don't know what is. Secondly the way the government cares for the safety of everyone who ply the roads, buy putting police check point at every 100 metres to ensure that your car, car particulars and personal health are in good condition. For such outstanding service, I don't mind forking over the occasional 10 -50 Naira fee. How many contries in the world do they have such impeccable service. I so happy to have found a great city like Lagos to live in, In the village nobody cares, and you have to ride your cow or goat to work. At least in Lagos, you can swim on the high way to work during the rainy season. May God continue to bless the people who are in charge of this great city. My Yoruba friend said after any comment I post I should always add " Eko O ni Baje" It must mean Lagos is the best city in the world.

Man, you made my day! grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by djustice: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
Fashola is working. Lagos is stalling.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2011
I went through Bode Thomas,Ogunlana drive,Shitta and I saw the construction going on, this has been on for some time by the construction company. I went to Akin Adesola today,thank God my car made it,but not my engine seat and we pay tax. Eko onibaje oh
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by jmaine: 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
alj_harem:

so u stay in lagos ? Hmmm

i thought u were cross river

good to know cheesy cheesy

Oga Alj Harem . . . .  Calabar is my town . . .same as Lagos, am even closer to your Alagomeji axis than you could ever imagine  wink . . . in these two cities, am highly grounded and well versed  cool . . . .
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by aljharem3: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
jmaine:

Oga Alj Harem . . . .  Calabar is my town . . .same as Lagos, am even closer to your Alagomeji axis than you could ever imagine  wink . . . in these two cities, am highly grounded and well versed  cool . . . .

good. wink just wanted to be sure
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 21, 2011
I am seeking investors who want to contribute in buying Zimbabwe so we can form a new country comprising of Nigerians in Diaspora. I see it as since inflation rate is over 231 000 000% in Zimbabwe, then buying at least half of the land inn Zimbabwe should not be problem.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Sep 21, 2011
I lived in Lagos when the roads were 20X better than what is obtained today. I can understand how those born probably in the last 80/ early 90's could easily assume that the roads in Lagos today are the best Lagos has ever had, but that is far from reality.

Back in the 80's Lagos did not have 100th what it has today in revenue, let # of taxpayers actually willing to pay their taxes, but the state was still able to keep many of the roads in better condition. Even back then, people complained that the state was overpopulated -- but that did not stop progress. If anything, it aided progress as many of the companies you have today in Lagos, came in because of the population boom and they remain there even today still mainly cause of that.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by YomiKaycee: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2011
I have asked before and I will ask again; what is Fashola really doing in Lagos with all the money the state generates? What was the huge debt incurred by the state used for? Fashola has failed in road rehab and maintenance!
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by PointB: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2011
YomiKaycee:

I have asked before and I will ask again; what is Fashola really doing in Lagos with all the money the state generates? What was the huge debt incurred by the state used for? Fashola has failed in road rehab and maintenance!

Splitting the revenue with Tinube for a start! The more you look, the less you see. Saint Fashola indeed!
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by babeface3: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

Man, you made my day! grin grin grin
The man is comparing Lagos with umuofiagba village and eventually made another person's day grin

you also made my day. LMAO
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by brainpulse: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2011
i was one of the defenders of brf i now came to realise that the government of the day is doing more of sharing and looting. and giving the peanuts to lagosians. even the local government areas are even worst doing nothing at all and brf is working. a shame
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by swagalish: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
BRF, kindly set up a pot hole filling committee or agency to fill up the roads from OWODE ONIRIN to AGRIC ( IKORODU ). or Ikorodu residents should stop paying TAX. Ur advice on this is highly appreciated.

Your promise on 6 lanes on Ikorodu road is yet to be visual. You can also dismiss the present advisers you have and bring in new set to advice you better. It will be pleasing to let you know that the best road we have in Lagos is around ALAUSA area.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2011
Even the paving stone no longer solve the problems. What is the solution??
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by PointB: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2011
swagalish:

BRF, kindly set up a pot hole filling committee or agency to fill up the roads from OWODE ONIRIN to AGRIC ( IKORODU ). or Ikorodu residents should stop paying TAX. your advice on this is highly appreciated.

Your promise on 6 lanes on Ikorodu road is yet to be visual. You can also dismiss the present advisers you have and bring in new set to advice you better. It will be pleasing to let you know that the best road we have in Lagos is around ALAUSA area.

Six lanes to Ikorodu
A fourth mainland bridge between Ikorodu and Lekki
10 lanes to/fro badagry

Mouth watering promises like every other politician.

Abeg patch the road O jare, that's what your mates are doing. grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by abassarems: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2011
Come to apapa-oshodi road and see traffic, but i think that is not because of d bad road but all these tankers and containers. Something fast needs to b done about them.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
Please post a picture of your road and help us tag it,may be our gov BRF will do something about it. I went VI and I saw that the end of Ademola Adetunbo linking Amadu Bello is bad now?
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by nobunaga: 11:05am On Mar 05, 2012
i am currently carrying out a research on the provision of intelligent homes, i am an architect trying to solve the problems of urban professionals in lagos by the design and provision of flexible home designs that can afford professionals the comfort of working from a sustainable home and office environment.

however, i would require a rough estimate of the time an average Lagosian spends in traffic everyday, i.e. man-hours lost to commuting activities,

can anyone kindly indicate his/her routes to and from work and his/her approximate hours spent in traffic??,
this process is aimed at improving housing standards for the urban professionals which most of us here happen to be,

kindly provide information as it applies to you.

sincere regards
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by bittyend(m): 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
I lived in Lagos when the roads were 20X better than what is obtained today. I can understand how those born probably in the last 80/ early 90's could easily assume that the roads in Lagos today are the best Lagos has ever had, but that is far from reality.

Back in the 80's Lagos did not have 100th what it has today in revenue, let # of taxpayers actually willing to pay their taxes, but the state was still able to keep many of the roads in better condition. Even back then, people complained that the state was overpopulated -- but that did not stop progress. If anything, it aided progress as many of the companies you have today in Lagos, came in because of the population boom and they remain there even today still mainly cause of that.

Blah blah blah!!!

The truth is that, there are too many people in Lagos - half of the population needs to be deported back to their village.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by ikeyman00(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^^

eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ooooo so many people indeed!!

we say there are so much money coming in lagos

eko odikwa serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Has Patience Jonathan Disappeared From Public View? / Reverend Father Suspended After Criticising Ihedioha / EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.