Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court (32063 Views)

My Wife Dated, Slept With 8 Different Men, Man Tells Judge / My Wife Brings Her Lover Into Our Bedroom For Sex, Man Tells Court / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by bigdammyj: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Reading...
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Blesphil(f): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Not only Idoma, Esan too from Edo state have same culture

Emeks008:
Am sure, he's an Idoma man from his name.

Most people don't understand other people tradition before saying yes to their partner.

In Idoma land according to what I heard, if you are married to their sons, you must not cheat on him no matter what happens in the marriage. The moment you cheat, you will be dragged to the ALEKwu to take an oat. The outcomes of the oat can be Death.

Most times, their men are not faithful to their wives but the so called Deity' will not harm them but the moment the lady cheat, she can face terrible sickness or die if care is not taken.

Pls let's ask questions before we do inter tribal marriage. It's very important. Ask questions before jumping in. Don't be clouded by love. If you know you can't be faithful, pls stay away from Idoma / igala men. E get why!
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Lovelyn451(f): 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Shrine that kills both the guilty and the one with clean hands, shrine no dey look face, anybody should think twice b4 visiting a shrine,
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by IamSalt: 3:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Emeks008:

Most people don't understand other people tradition before saying yes to their partner.

In Idoma land according to what I heard, if you are married to their sons, you must not cheat on him no matter what happens in the marriage. The moment you cheat, you will be dragged to the ALEKwu to take an oat. The outcomes of the oat can be Death.

Most times, their men are not faithful to their wives but the so called Deity' will not harm them but the moment the lady cheat, she can face terrible sickness or die if care is not taken.

Pls let's ask questions before we do inter tribal marriage. It's very important. Ask questions before jumping in. Don't be clouded by love. If you know you can't be faithful, pls stay away from Idoma / igala men. E get why!

Lemme explain it better for you.
1. A woman cheats and the husband is aware of her infidelity, if he does not invite the presence of his kinsmen(to be witness) and that of the wife's so the wife can swear an oath before them and he keep hitting the kpekus and eating her food, the man faces the consequences which may be death if the wife doesn't confess and appeal the gods when the man fall sick as a result of the above.

2. After the death of the man, if the wife still continue her infidelity, any food cooked for her children with the money realized from sleeping with other men will make the children a target for the gods. The target hierarchy will be from the first son to the second to the third continually until there's no son, then, unto the daughters until the woman is left with no child. She'll not be touched.

3. If the man's brother is aware of his brother's wife cheating but keep quiet about it, the man's brother faces the consequences.

4. If a man dies and any of his brother by any means(rape, man seduced the woman or the woman seduced the man) have canal knowledge of the desist wife without any rites being done, the brother faces the consequences.

5. In the case where the woman swears the oath, she faces the consequences of her antecedence by herself.

N.B: in some part of Idoma Land(not all Idoma as the one stated above act differently from the one I'll be stating below) if you're married to the man, once you cheat, you die.

If a woman practice family planning without her husband's consent she dies. If with her husband consent, the husband dies but this case can be averted if a rite is being performed before doing the family planning.

If you bring a woman to your father's house and have canal knowledge of her, you die.

If you give a woman head, you die.

FYI: the gods doesn't kill immediately. They can struck their victims with illness for a very long time until nothing is being done to avert this consequence, then, death follows. E be like last warning or second chance.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by DennisEche(m): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
Emeks008:

In this case the man is Igala. The Alekwu in idoma land is automatic, once you cheat as a married woman , Alekwu attacks you either sickness or death.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Blesphil(f): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Na wa oooo....die die die just full everywhere🤣

IamSalt:

1. A woman cheats and the husband is aware of her infidelity, if he does not invite the presence of the his kinsmen(to be witness) and that of the wife's so the wife can swear an oath before them and he keep hitting the kpekus and eating her food, the man faces the consequences which may be death if the wife doesn't confess.

2. After the death of the man, if the wife still continue her infidelity, any food cooked for her children with the money realized from sleeping with other men will make the children a target for the gods. The target hierarchy will be from the first son to the second to the third continually until there's no son, then, unto the daughters until the woman is left with no child. She'll not be touched.

3. If the man's brother is aware of his brother's wife cheating but keep quiet about it, the man's brother faces the consequences.

4. If a man dies and any of his brother by any means(rape, man seduced the woman or the woman seduced the man) have canal knowledge of the desist wife without any rites being done, the brother faces the consequences.

5. In the case where the woman swears the oath, she faces the consequences of her antecedence by herself.

N.B: in some part of Idoma Land(not all Idoma as the one stated above act differently from the one I'll be stating below) if you're married to the man, once you cheat, you die.

If a woman practice family planning without her husband's consent she dies. If with her husband consent, the husband dies but this case can be averted if a rite is being performed before doing the family planning.

If you bring a woman to your father's house and have canal knowledge of her, you die.

FYI: death may not necessarily occur if you confess early as you start seeing symptoms of your deeds and rites are being performed.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Ashley86400: 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jlow2:
your generations re idiots, in igala culture do you know what happens to a woman that has extramarital affiars, bastards without traceable bloodline.

Nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Goddyrichie(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Flier:
Dont Mind the idiot,maybe he married her from diety
why did u call d man an idiot that means d woman hand and u no clean what is bad with swearing an oath with d deity when she knows she don't cheat on him asewo gang
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by cococandy(f): 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
He’s clinging onto the marriage with both hands. I thought women don’t bring anything to the table ?

4 Likes

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Flier: 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
Goddyrichie:
why did u call d man an idiot that means d woman hand and u no clean what is bad with swearing an oath with d deity when she knows she don't cheat on him asewo gang
Would you allow your daughter to go to diety to swear?
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
IamSalt:

1. A woman cheats and the husband is aware of her infidelity, if he does not invite the presence of the his kinsmen(to be witness) and that of the wife's so the wife can swear an oath before them and he keep hitting the kpekus and eating her food, the man faces the consequences which may be death if the wife doesn't confess.

FYI: death may not necessarily occur if you confess early as you start seeing symptoms of your deeds and rites are being performed.

Seems like your made up gods only exist to make sure that a woman’s vagina is the sole propriety property of the man even after he dies. grin

A little common sense would reveal to you that these are the concoctions of vagina obsessed minds. But we can’t talk about that. As long as we are talking about women’s bodies, many of them lack the ability to think critically. Family planning ko 🙄. If only they knew how many of their wives are in birth control

3 Likes

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by LP78: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Swearing before a deity is a common practice in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. It is often seen as a way of invoking a higher power to enforce an agreement or to punish those who break it. The use of religious or spiritual symbols and practices to reinforce social norms and values is a common feature of many African societies.

********************************************************************************************
Get FREE bets of 3K every week if you register with 1xbet using the promo code (1x_17402)
********************************************************************************************

Infidelity is a significant cause of marital breakdown worldwide, and it can have devastating consequences on the individuals involved and their families. The emotional pain and betrayal that a person experiences when their partner cheats on them can be traumatic and difficult to recover from. It can lead to feelings of anger, depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Amumaigwe: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
sisisioge:
Shior, the court will grant the wife the divorce with or without his consent. No be only swearing before your papa grin

See them. Men vs women gang. Adultery is now the new domestic violence.
I don't really see any biggie about swearing to fidelity unless guilty.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by sisisioge: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Amumaigwe:

See them. Men vs women gang. Adultery is now the new domestic violence.
I don't really see any biggie about swearing to fidelity unless guilty.

Na you no see am, she see am and refused to do it. No be by force, na the deity join them in marriage? Simple!
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Amumaigwe: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
Emeks008:

That practice is in every culture. Once traditional marriage is done, the covenant of besworn fidelity is activated on the woman. Women should learn to walk away honourably from any marriage in which their tolerance limit is exceeded rather than attempting to eat their cake and still want to have it.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by JeffreyJunior: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hunculu don vex. cheesy
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by FuckTheMod: 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
JasonScoolari:
[/b]

Comrade wan carry case commot from court go native doctor temple for quick delivery of Vawulence.... grin

On a serious note, allow her to go please, she's not worth the stress.... And also control your hands too, you nor be Power Mike.

Most of these business women especially those one's with pepper soup and beer parlor joints are chronic cheaters.

Shut up
An adulteress that has caused you stress and lack of peace of mind doesn't deserve to go in peace.
LET HER SWEAR!
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by FuckTheMod: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
sisisioge:
Shior, the court will grant the wife the divorce with or without his consent. No be only swearing before your papa grin
Not everyone you can mess with. Guys are beginning to have SENSE and becoming woke.
Most of you only want husband and kid but doesn't want to be a wife.
A woman that will cheat on me in relationship will not go in peace. The one that will cheat on me in marriage will be die but be lucky not to die in agonising pain.
Not everyone have the capacity to forget and let God judge.
Know the people you mess with.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
sisisioge:
If they are legally married I doubt the customary court have the power to dissolve the union without the man's consent.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
Flier:
marriage is sweet,just less than 1% are having issue and that is perfectly normal
. Are you married? If yes and you're among the "less than 1%" then you're lucky. But I can tell you that that less than 1% is for marriage without drama.

In fact there is no marriage without issues.

Those that are able to manage the issues are the ones together.

No perfect or sweet home anywhere without issues.

Marriage is like when a guy is chasing a girl and want to nack her by all means, he spends on her buy things yet the girl continue doing "stronghead" after nacking the girl last last you cuum finish your eyes clear, now you'll be asking yourself some questions within.

When you think you're ready to marry it'll be doing you some kind thing as if you're about to do achieve the best thing in the world but later eyes go clear.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by JasonScoolari: 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Shut up
An adulteress that has caused you stress and lack of peace of mind doesn't deserve to go in peace.
LET HER SWEAR!
Shut up son... Don't allow your emotions get the best of you.

1 Like

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by IamSalt: 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
[quote author=cococandy post=122221244]

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Goddyrichie(m): 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Flier:
Would you allow your daughter to go to diety to swear?
yes of course I will cuz it's d way of our forefathers we don't inherit like d other religion
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Why would you still want to keep someone that had extra-marital affairs
The man looks confused with his point of approaching the deity,

If she decline swearing with your deity, and you're so certain she had extra-marital affairs,
isn't that enough ground for you to sign the divorce paper?
Or he thinks the law will compel her to swear by his deity?

Africans and the way they reason!
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Mamijoh(f): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
tellwisdom:
Real man. If you know u still want to cheat, don’t marry.

This is something I will do and will always do if need be. U die throway if u can’t be disciplined
Wish easy to get someone like you
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by nike4love: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2023
weslay:
When you tell dem do proper traditional marriage rites, dem go say no "we are Christians" na the result be this.

The people of old did not come up with traditional rites from the blue. They were created as safeguards to arrest events that were probably prevalent in their day.
Now we abandon those rites and expect the issues they were curbing not to resurface.

The man should move on. Next time do the rite thing

Exactly bro always forming civilized copying every rubbish from the white
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
Emeks008:

Asking question or not, he cannot force her to swear if she does not want. And the court cannot grant him such a wish!
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
Xpol:
If they are legally married I doubt the customary court have the power to dissolve the union without the man's consent.

Don't doubt, court can dissolve any marriage and set the partners free if there's a reasonable ground for it. It all boils down to how the cases were presented.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Emeks008(m): 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
IamSalt:

Thanks for this detailed explanation
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Emeks008(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
DennisEche:

In this case the man is Igala. The Alekwu in idoma land is automatic, once you cheat as a married woman , Alekwu attacks you either sickness or death.

Wow! This is serious
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by sisisioge: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
Xpol:

He needs not consent, you cant force anyone to be or remain married to you. The court only needs to hear one of the parties lament about not wanting to be in the union and determine that it has indeed broken beyond repair to dissolve it. In this case, it is clear he is just being vindictive. It is not by force to partake in a religious rite. So it's easy pixie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Get My Brother's Wife Arrested, After His Demise? / American Man Sends Over $100,000 To Wife In Nigeria He’s Never Met / Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.