Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court (32067 Views)

My Wife Dated, Slept With 8 Different Men, Man Tells Judge / My Wife Brings Her Lover Into Our Bedroom For Sex, Man Tells Court / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by sisisioge: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Not everyone you can mess with. Guys are beginning to have SENSE and becoming woke.
Most of you only want husband and kid but doesn't want to be a wife.
A woman that will cheat on me in relationship will not go in peace. The one that will cheat on me in marriage will be die but be lucky not to die in agonising pain.
Not everyone have the capacity to forget and let God judge.
Know the people you mess with.

grin grin grin

May God not let you carry your senior. Just hope for the best.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Menclothing: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
You cheat or u no cheat
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2023
sisisioge:

He needs not consent, you cant force anyone to be or remain married to you. The court only needs to hear one of the parties lament about not wanting to be in the union and determine that it has indeed broken beyond repair to dissolve it. In this case, it is clear he is just being vindictive. It is not by force to partake in a religious rite. So it's easy pixie.
what I'm saying is only the High court has the power to dissolve a legal union. I may be wrong though.

The traditional marriage where you only pay bride price without going to registry is the one customary court have power to dissolve without the consent of both parties.

These days some customary courts do find ways around it but... Make i no dey type long epistle on wetin no concern me jare.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Don't doubt, court can dissolve any marriage and set the partners free if there's a reasonable ground for it. It all boils down to how the cases were presented.
Even a Customary court?
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by FuckTheMod: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

May God not let you carry your senior. Just hope for the best.
You must have been rolling with simps... I pity you...
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by FuckTheMod: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Shut up son... Don't allow your emotions get the best of you.
Or deh
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by gbengene1234(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
But why is she scared if truly she had been faithful in the marriage? Na their wahala sha. I wish I can see Potter one on one like this sad
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
The wife should allow him to be marrying himself since he doesn't want to let her go. iIf she sleeps with other men, should that not be enough reason to divorce her if that's his deal breaker? Na by force?

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Emmanuel909090: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Useless thing
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by JasonScoolari: 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
FuckTheMod:

Or deh
Mu. Mu
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2023
Xpol:
Even a Customary court?

Yes, Customary marriage can be dissolved either Judicially or extra-judicially.

Judicially at the customary court if the grounds are there.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Yes, Customary marriage can be dissolved either Judicially or extra-judicially.

Judicially at the customary court if the grounds are there.

Customary marriage is different from the one we mostly call court marriage oh. That one pass the hand of Customary court judges.

I'm saying what I know, you have to file your divorce at a state high court.

Customary court can only dissolve customary marriage.

In this case if they are legally married the judge go just try to settle them and if it can't be settled he or she will advise the woman to file her divorce at a state high court.

If they do any abrakadabra say dem dissolve the marriage when the man no gree the woman can go to jail if she remarry.

No need to turn this into argument just do your research.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by cococandy(f): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
IamSalt:

Gotcha
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Xpol:
Customary marriage is different from the one we mostly call court marriage oh. That one pass the hand of Customary court judges.

I understand what you're trying to say. Unfortunately, every local, traditional, villages or even shrine marriages conducted in Nigeria falls under the Customary (Traditional) marriage. Broadly speaking, there are 2 types of marriage in Nigeria. Statute and Customary. Both can be resolved or dissolved at a constitutionally approved court.

Since the court system operates on the preponderances of evidence. If a customary court is approached for that purpose, the court will be looking at the facts before it to weighing its decision.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by HellVictorinho7: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
BABANGBALI:
Married women are the sweetest and safest people to date. No fear of commitment or unwanted pregnancy
spits
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Xpol:

I'm saying what I know, you have to file your divorce at a state high court.

Customary court can only dissolve customary marriage.

In this case if they are legally married the judge go just try to settle them and if it can't be settled he or she will advise the woman to file her divorce at a state high court.

If they do any abrakadabra say dem dissolve the marriage when the man no gree the woman can go to jail if she remarry.

No need to turn this into argument just do your research.

I see that you've expanded on your earlier reply. People have this misconception that court cannot dissolve traditional marriages. But it does happen a lot nowadays. All other forms of marriages that's not Statute comes under customary marriage and the appropriate customary court can decide on it. Otherwise, an appropriate constituted court - usually the high court.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Stargurl20(f): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

Even okposi people of ebonyi state, you don't even need to confess, as a woman, once you cheat, sickness from nowhere will just hold you down until you open mouth and confess.
Immediately after the confession is death...
My I not marry from this kind of tribe.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Zorn: 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Spuggie:
Divorce will be granted with or without his consent.
Intact, his consent is not needed before a divorce is granted.
If he is convinced she is cheating on him, he should be grateful to see her leave the marriage. No need for all this drama.
He just want her dead lol
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by IamSalt: 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Stargurl20:

Nothing bad from the gods happens to a faithful woman that is married to those kind of tribes. Abi you wan dey fornicate when you marry??
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Juleeee: 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Emeks008:
Am sure, he's an Idoma man from his name.

Most people don't understand other people tradition before saying yes to their partner.

In Idoma land according to what I heard, if you are married to their sons, you must not cheat on him no matter what happens in the marriage. The moment you cheat, you will be dragged to the ALEKwu to take an oath. The outcomes of the oath can be Death.

Most times, their men are not faithful to their wives but the so called Deity' will not harm them but the moment the lady cheat, she can face terrible sickness or die if care is not taken.

Pls let's ask questions before we do inter tribal marriage. It's very important. Ask questions before jumping in. Don't be clouded by love. If you know you can't be faithful, pls stay away from Idoma / igala men. E get why!

That's is igala actually not idoma, very arrogant set of men.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Tonalphs(f): 7:43am On Apr 02, 2023
grin grin grin
Na before their village juju dem marry undecided undecided
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by cejaypriesty(m): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2023
Mayeldah:
All these deities no get power again, politicians have corrupted them.

Where was Alikwu and all the deities in Idoma land when Fulani terrorists were killing their people?

Na only where women and ordinary people dey deities dey get power, when them see guns them go mute
grin cheesy
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by eldoradoxx: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2023
You don't really need anyone's consent to divorce him/her. You only need the consent of the court.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I understand what you're trying to say. Unfortunately, every local, traditional, villages or even shrine marriages conducted in Nigeria falls under the Customary (Traditional) marriage. Broadly speaking, there are 2 types of marriage in Nigeria. Statute and Customary. Both can be resolved or dissolved at a constitutionally approved court.

Since the court system operates on the preponderances of evidence. If a customary court is approached for that purpose, the court will be looking at the facts before it to weighing its decision.

okay but under the law(Nigeria) even a federal high court can't dissolve a legal marriage, it's only the state high court that have that power.

See:
WHICH COURT HAS THE JURISDICTION TO DETERMINE THE DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE?

Any High Court of any State of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory has jurisdiction to determine a petition for dissolution of marriage.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 11:16am On Apr 02, 2023
Xpol:
okay but under the law(Nigeria) even a federal high court can't dissolve a legal marriage, it's only the state high court that have that power.

See:
WHICH COURT HAS THE JURISDICTION TO DETERMINE THE DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE?

Any High Court of any State of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory has jurisdiction to determine a petition for dissolution of marriage.

It seems you don't understand what it's meant by a constitutionally approved court?
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Xpol: 11:49am On Apr 02, 2023
CaptainFM1:

It seems you don't understand what it's meant by a constitutionally approved court?
Maybe in this case and the angle you view it from, then educate me.

What I know, Customary court lacks the jurisdiction dissolving a statutory(court marriage).

As it is in this case if the judge go ahead and dissolve their marriage (if it's a court marriage as we call it) it'll be a trap for the woman to marry another man especially when the husband is having the marriage certificate in tact.

The case is just like when a magistrate sentence arm robber or murderer to death.

I'm not a lawyer but I have little knowledge about law and I've enforced a couple of them.

I have also seen cases in which customary judges dissolved legal marriages where both parties consented to it. Even when filing for it they will let you know that it's not in their jurisdiction BUT if they have the consent of the other party they can go ahead with it but still that doesn't make it a legal dissolution.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
Foolish fetish man. If it was the other way round.

You are a chronic cheat
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by CaptainFM1: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2023
Xpol:
Maybe in this case and the angle you view it from, then educate me.

What I know, Customary court lacks the jurisdiction dissolving a statutory(court marriage).

As it is in this case if the judge go ahead and dissolve their marriage (if it's a court marriage as we call it) it'll be a trap for the woman to marry another man especially when the husband is having the marriage certificate in tact.

The case is just like when a magistrate sentence arm robber or murderer to death.

I'm not a lawyer but I have little knowledge about law and I've enforced a couple of them.

I have also seen cases in which customary judges dissolved legal marriages where both parties consented to it. Even when filing for it they will let you know that it's not in their jurisdiction BUT if they have the consent of the other party they can go ahead with it but still that doesn't make it a legal dissolution.

I should have understood you better all the while. I've just been wasting my time chatting you back and forth!
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by emekajacobogbon(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Stargurl20:

Do you have a cheating tendency?
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Stargurl20(f): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

Do you have a cheating tendency?
I don't know. I may be vulnerable.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Stargurl20(f): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
IamSalt:

Nothing bad from the gods happens to a faithful woman that is married to those kind of tribes. Abi you wan dey fornicate when you marry??
No one is infallible. It might not be intentional.
Re: I Won't Grant My Wife Divorce Till She Swear Before Deity -Man Tells Abuja Court by Belafonte(m): 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2023
sisisioge:
Shior, the court will grant the wife the divorce with or without his consent. No be only swearing before your papa grin

It's just small swear. Nothing major grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. / Spanish Woman Fakes Her Own Kidnap, Uses Ransom Money From Husband To Play Bingo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.