Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers (54851 Views)

The Fake Families Being Smuggled Into The UK / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2023
justwise:

Lets say that you don't know what you are talking about.

You claimed to be a British citizen and you don't know jack about the UK and Dr's salary even with the help of google search engine?

problem with people like you who have never travelled before, and it’s easy to know the ones who haven’t when they start throwing big figures around about british salaries, is that there is your delusional fantasy and then their is reality on the ground. Why do you think british doctors are on strike ? Many doctors in the UK are paid 14 pounds an hour is why they are on strike. Most doctors are junior doctors and that’s what they are paid. Read the article

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/junior-doctors-14-hour-truth-29676907
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by 1Sharon(f): 9:13am On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

U don't know anything about doctor's salary in the UK. Some of my colleagues paid corporate tax of 50k to HMRC working as a GP. And if u know anything about company tax, what he paid wasn't 18 % of his company income.
New generation of wealthy migrants are emerging in the UK, it's not what u left behind when most naija migrants were illegals or low skilled hustlers.
The average price in my estate is around 400k yet we keep seeing more blacks everyday at the bus stop in the estate.
Nigerians are following the Asian route of self independence rather than the 9 to 5 job synonymous with Nigerians in the past.
My aunt has 4 nurseries in London and she's yet to stop. Her friend has a care home in London while another of my colleagues own one here in Midlands.
We now actively encourage solid middle class amongst us to buy 2nd or 3rd house in the UK rather than building in naija. Virtually all my friends have kids attending private primary schools, it's the in thing if u can afford it.
Give it 10 years, we will change the financial demography of blacks in the UK.
U guys that came in 20 years ago did a terrible job in attaining financial freedom, u guys were probably carried away by the good roads, 24 hrs light or maybe the women; while the Asians silently took over. Now compare achievement within the Asian and black community.
An Asian friend of mine has 7 care homes in the UK. Tell me how his generation will suffer in this UK.

It's not all your sob or regret story. Recent migrants has will have their own challenge no doubt.
Overall, UK is not for the weak. U have to be hardworking and smart, but it's rewarding if u know what u doing.
One of my church members who is a carer and hubby a security guard both build 4 houses, an event centre and a hotel in Ibadan area within 10 yrs of coming to uk. The man now spend more time on naija while the wife is still here. Now tell me how they will regret relocating to the UK.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by cuulausk(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
all the millions of investments in the abroad sweating to build a house in naija is investment ? Stop lying to yourself. Those people are making future plans to return home

You are so so correct…there is no way u would build a huge house in naija while u are outside without having plans to retire back home here in naija…i have like 4 uncles around their 60s… all staying in different states in US.. all of them are all harboring plans of returning back home to naija to retire and i can say they are all doing great in USA.. infact one got married to a black American, owns a clinic in USA… has his house is USA.. but always can’t wait for dec to come to come and spend almost 2months celebrating it and even this last year he still talked about coming home permanently to naija even if his family won’t come back with him because to him life over there is boring like shit… this is someone that has been in usa since 1989 and a citizen ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2023
cuulausk:

You are so so correct…there is no way u would build a huge house in naija while u are outside without having plans to retire back home here in naija…i have like 4 uncles around their 60s… all staying in different states in US.. all of them are all harboring plans of returning back home to naija to retire and i can say they are all doing great in USA.. infact one got married to a black American, owns a clinic in USA… has his house is USA.. but always can’t wait for dec to come to come and spend almost 2months celebrating it and even this last year he still talked about coming home permanently to naija even if his family won’t come back with him because to him life over there is boring like shit… this is someone that has been in usa since 1989 and a citizen ooo
yes Sir, the calling and yearning and desire for home can never go away. GOD did not make a mistake when he made us nigerian
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by petitejolie(f): 9:31am On Apr 12, 2023
Talentuex:
I've always been caught in the middle about moving abroad..
Cos when I look at the cost its +(-)20million.. with that money I can buy a decent house In Ibadan and b come a landlord
And sometimes I think about my kids and would want them to have opportunities I never had., It's a constant battle for me do I move or stay?
If u have the finance, do it . You're young and your kids are young. Nigeria as at now is for the old and retirees.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by justwise(m): 9:36am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
problem with people like you who have never travelled before
, and it’s easy to know the ones who haven’t when they start throwing big figures around about british salaries, is that there is your delusional fantasy and then their is reality on the ground. Why do you think british doctors are on strike ? Many doctors in the UK are paid 14 pounds an hour is why they are on strike. Most doctors are junior doctors and that’s what they are paid. Read the article

I have never travelled before? I'm pretty sure that you don't have a passport by the time i left Nigeria more than 15yrs ago.

This is part of your lies i disagreed with medical doctors are not well paid in the UK talk less of security. Let me break it down for you. They pay about 15 pounds per hour if you are in London Show me any job ad for doctors in LONDON that state hourly pay for a medical doctor as low as £15 per hour.
I know you don't care about facts, just say anything in the name of argument.

By the way when you can afford to leave Nigeria let me know so as to drag you around the UK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2023
justwise:

I have never travelled before? I'm pretty sure that you don't have a passport by the time i left Nigeria more than 15yrs ago.

This is part of your lies i disagreed with [b]medical doctors are not well paid in the UK talk less of security. Let me break it down for you. They pay about 15 pounds per hour if you are in London
Show me any job ad for doctors in LONDON that state hourly pay for a medical doctor as low as £15 per hour.
I know you don't care about facts, just say anything in the name of argument.

By the way when you can afford to leave Nigeria let me know so as to drag you around the UK
ok you have been abroad for over 15 years you say but have been a moderator on nairaland for about 15 years too. Something is not adding up bro. Does Seun pay you in pounds ?
Ermmm did you check the article ? It’s a 2023 article

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by ahiboilandgas: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2023
uvie66:
...my brother he is saying the truth, it is very very possible. 500 × 12= 6000 abi...@ #940 to a £ that is over 5.5 million a year
saved
this still in loss position. The 20m Naira he invested in the JAPA waka can generate 500 pounds and above in Nigeria without lifting a finger . Must Nigerians are not smart people. You carry over 15m JAPA to UK then happy you are saving 500 pounds ! The 15m in Nigeria in trading can net 1000 pounds per month in Nigeria and the 15m capital still dey .and with you dignity intact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by ahiboilandgas: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
I was watching this video on YouTube. I will link the video. This girl wAs narrating all the cost it took for her to get to the UK. To my surprise it was like 20 million naira. I just cannot imagine dropping 20 million naira just like that for something I cannot see I know I will have numerous stomach ulcers if I had to be parting with these huge sums of money and I am not getting something tangible in return like a house. If I give you 20 million I expect you to at least give me a small bungalow in return. But maybe I am just a cheAp guy . Lol. How do you guys do it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95oqGzG55U
Nigerians are dull people in Fiance . The 20m Naira can generate 1000 pounds saving after expense in Nigeria and the capital is still dey .While after injecting 20m in UK economy you hardly save 500 pounds after slaving in care home.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by justwise(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
ok you have been abroad for over 15 years you say but have been a moderator on nairaland for about 15 years too. Something is not adding up bro. Does Seun pay you in pounds ?

Don't divert to irrelevant issues. We all know that mods here are not paid, so leave that aside.

Yes i read that articles but it did not state if that junior doctor works in London or outside London and did not mention if that payment was for that operation specifically. Newspaper articles are written to generate reactions
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by justwise(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
he is mr Know all . He know more than the doctors and NHS worker striking up and down the UK.

You are not very smart, posting with another ID when your main ID is banned. Come back with other IDs and lets see how it pans out.
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2023
justwise:

Don't divert to irrelevant issues. We all know that mods here are not paid, so leave that aside.

Yes i read that articles but it did not state if that junior doctor works in London or outside London and did not mention if that payment was for that operation specifically. Newspaper articles are written to generate reactions
whats your point ? Are you actually trying to differentiate London and the UK. Read the article
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by justwise(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
whats your point ? Are you actually trying to differentiate London and the UK. Read the article

Just listen to yourself, so even an imaginary British citizen, you don't know the pay differences between London and other part of the UK?

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 10:14am On Apr 12, 2023
justwise:

Just listen to yourself, so even an imaginary British citizen, you don't know the pay differences between London and other part of the UK?
just read the article bro and enlighten yourself

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by AngelicBeing: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:

sukkot 1, moderator 1, oya make una fight dirty on this thread, sukkot lived 20 years abroad, moderator lived 15 years abroad, grin but @sukkot, l have not been to the UK although I have been to different part of the Western world but I will agree and think that Doctors should earn more than 14 pounds / hour, Secondly, Abroad is all by Grace oo or else you will be disgraced, it is not all about the 20 PhDs you acquire but been positioned by the celestial forces at the right place and at the right time and taking advantage of all the opportunities that the celestial realms brings along your path, You can make satisfactory progress and success anywhere on planet earth by sheer hardwork, think out of the box, solve the problems of people, take advantage of all the opportunities that comes your paths daily, have multiple streams of income, spread your investment into different directions and look for different problems to solve in different part of the world Plus the elements of Grace from the celestial realms and money will pursue you whether you live in Sambisa or Afghanistan desert shocked
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 10:30am On Apr 12, 2023
AngelicBeing:
sukkot 1, moderator 1, oya make una fight dirty on this thread, sukkot lived 20 years abroad, moderator lived 15 years abroad, grin but @sukkot, l have not been to the UK although I have been to different part of the Western world but I will agree and think that Doctors should earn more than 14 pounds / hour, Secondly, Abroad is all by Grace oo or else you will be disgraced, it is not all about the 20 PhDs you acquire but been positioned by the celestial forces at the right place and at the right time and taking advantage of all the opportunities that the celestial realms brings along your path, You can make satisfactory progress and success anywhere on planet earth by sheer hardwork, think out of the box, solve the problems of people, take advantage of all the opportunities that comes your paths daily, have multiple streams of income, spread your investment into different directions and look for different problems to solve in different part of the world Plus the elements of Grace from the celestial realms and money will pursue you whether you live in Sambisa or Afghanistan desert shocked
i totally agree with you bro. its highly immoral to pay doctors 14 pounds an hour. i totally agree with everything else you wrote. you need grace or you will be disgraced grin grin nice rhyme

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by justwise(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:

justwise:

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
people like you who have never travelled before will come here with your grandiose delusions lying to people. Why do you think NHS doctors are on strike ? Junior doctors are paid 14 pounds an hour. Read the article here

U don't know jack about UK. No wonder u ran away. The only thing to boast about after spending 20 yrs in the UK was a British passport and possibly a fake British accent.
U don't understand the system, instead of u to ask people for help u came here talking trash.
Your Asian mates that came same time u arrive already own an estate in same UK.
How can u be in the UK for 20 yrs without a house to your name. Even if it's council house, u couldn't buy. That's lack of foresight.
Imagine u bought a house few yrs after u arrived at around 60k (houses were cheap then) and manage to pay off half of the mortgage. Imagine selling it now for over 300k ( average price of houses in London) or renting it out for 1k per month. Imagine collecting 900 thousand Naira every month from UK. I'm sure u won't be bitter about UK like this. On
U came here posting regular salary of junior doctors with contractual hrs of 34 hrs per week. Ever heard of locum jobs, I was earning 50 pounds per HR as a junior doctor in nhs. Some nurses earn 40 pounds per HR working as banks or agency.
U don't even know some care jobs offer up to 800 to 1000 pounds per week.
Travel to the north of England and see what naija GPs are pulling in per week. 5k per week is regular stuff.
I'm not even talking about IT or healthcare professionals since we know they are well paid. I'm talking about people in regular professions who have redefined their careers to escape the 9 to 5 trap to become financially independent. I know a couple in their 20s who bought their first home in London 2 yrs after both completing their PhDs and getting a job.

Well it's good u left, at least Tinubu is now president, he will find juicy appointment for lazy yoruba youths. Sha make the best use of the opportunity. Una lamentation is becoming irritating and embarrassing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Rilwayne001: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

Tax is tax, u pay tax out of your income. The fancy name given to it is inconsequential.
Lagos business owners are subjected to multiple taxations by different revenue agencies. Go to alaba and ask those traders their ordeal with Lagos state govt, U will write a book. Right from apapa exit gate all the way to their shops in Ladipo, it's taxation galore.
Why do u think APC govt is very unpopular amongst traders and business owners in Lagos- taxation without accountability .
If not for the senseless Gbadebo guy with his oral diarrhea, APC was a goner in Lagos.

You keep mentioning Lagos as if my initial post said, they don’t pay tax in Lagos compared to the UK.

If Lagos represents the whole Nigeria in your own book, that’s your cuppa brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2023
justwise:

newspaper articles may be written to generate reactions in third world countries but in the west you get sued for writing wrong information.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2023
Rilwayne001:

You keep mentioning Lagos as if my initial post said, they don’t pay tax in Lagos compared to the UK.

If Lagos represents the whole Nigeria in your own book, that’s your cuppa brother.
Rilwayne wagwan bro. Salute to you Sir . 21 gun salute cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by Mayfrank(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2023
To japa or not to japa.

My people migrated from east to Lagos for this same greener pasture. If you’re not in your home state, you honestly have no right to condemn those who relocate.

Tidy your own affairs first before attacking others.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

U don't know jack about UK. No wonder u ran away. The only thing to boast about after spending 20 yrs in the UK was a British passport and possibly a fake British accent.
U don't understand the system, instead of u to ask people for help u came here talking trash.
Your Asian mates that came same time u arrive already own an estate in same UK.
How can u be in the UK for 20 yrs without a house to your name. Even if it's council house, u couldn't buy. That's lack of foresight.
Imagine u bought a house few yrs after u arrived at around 60k (houses were cheap then) and manage to pay off half of the mortgage. Imagine selling it now for over 300k ( average price of houses in London) or renting it out for 1k per month. Imagine collecting 900 thousand Naira every month from UK. I'm sure u won't be bitter about UK like this. On
U came here posting regular salary of junior doctors with contractual hrs of 34 hrs per week. Ever heard of locum jobs, I was earning 50 pounds per HR as a junior doctor in nhs. Some nurses earn 40 pounds per HR working as banks or agency.
U don't even know some care jobs offer up to 800 to 1000 pounds per week.
Travel to the north of England and see what naija GPs are pulling in per week. 5k per week is regular stuff.
I'm not even talking about IT or healthcare professionals since we know they are well paid. I'm talking about people in regular professions who have redefined their careers to escape the 9 to 5 trap to become financially independent. I know a couple in their 20s who bought their first home in London 2 yrs after both completing their PhDs and getting a job.

Well it's good u left, at least Tinubu is now president, he will find juicy appointment for lazy yoruba youths. Sha make the best use of the opportunity. Una lamentation is becoming irritating and embarrassing.
and you that know jack about the UK didn’t know doctors are all over the place demonstrating against their low wages but you are here lying that doctors are getting big bucks. We know the liars who have never been to Ghana talk less of the uk. Read the article

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by vickydevoka(m): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2023
Sweetvie:
To enter Uk?
Wahala. Make he add small money enter Canada na
People spent more because no house. Canada no easy abeg. But better
Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by sukkot: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

i see you are still pained by the yoruba defeat. you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 11:39am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
and you that know jack about the UK didn’t know doctors are all over the place demonstrating against their low wages but you are here lying that doctors are getting big bucks. We know the liars who have never been to Ghana talk less of the uk. Read the article

I dont need u to tell me what's going on in my profession.
Besides, I'm beginning to suspect this Sukkot guy, he may actually be a troll who never lived in the UK, for him to keep repeating this article says a lot.
Now let me ask u a question to know if u actually lived in the uk. when people in UK say they going to their SURGERY, what do they mean? Where is SURGERY and who works in SURGERY?
Besides u are yet to explain to us how u lived 20 yrs in UK without a house to your name. Like 20 good years and u couldn't raise 5k for 'help to buy'.

Anyway below is from my e-mail today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:
i see you are still pained by the yoruba defeat. you will be fine.
I'm Yoruba myself so that's a lame punch. Find something else. I just don't deal with an economic extractive political thief like Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers by SIRTee15: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2023
sukkot:

Another one from my e-mail. Now that we've clarified doctor's salary in UK.

Now explain to us how u lived in UK for 20 yrs without a house to your name. Houses were fvcking cheap then. All u needed was 5k to own a house.
So how come u never bought just one, even if council house. Were u blowing all your money in clubs or spending on girls. Did u send your kids to private school or what?
Tell us your mistakes so others won't repeat same mistakes.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Photos: See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport! / EKSU Students At OUIDAH, Python Temple Benin Republic (Photos) / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.