Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:11 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections (38381 Views)

Ekweremadu: Obasanjo Writes A Letter To UK Court / Chimamanda Adichie Writes To Obiano - ABBA : My Hometown Under Siege / Dele Momodu Writes A Letter To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by JJuanMiguel: 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
APC think they can white wash this armed robbery of an election by deploying Soyinka.😆😆😆.

The international media war has started dudes.

Noble Laurette vs Noble Laurette.

Lol
Must you people lie and be fraudulent in all areas of life?

When did she win Nobel laureate prize fgs?

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Ojukwubucket(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Goke7:

Because Obi no win? lol
Obi won...
Your drug Baron rigged it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Sammy5413(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
So proud of my tribe; Igbo tribe
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by BOYS2MEN: 1:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
grin I laff u sha
idealogical:

God is omnipotent, God knows all and sees all, God determines winners and losers and we attribute everything in life to God and his wishes.

Asiwaju's victory was ordained by God and Obi is the loser because he's not God's choice.

If you have issues with Asiwaju's victory, take your case to God.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Lemmy123(m): 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
She is just another pained, disgruntled Obidient. undecided

Some people also disagreed with the process that brought Biden into power in 2020. There is nothing new here.

And it's cool to have a flawed electioneering process?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by PStacks(m): 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

Nigeria’s Hollow Democracy
Why is America congratulating the winner of this disastrous election?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/

That Feminism thing has eaten deep into this girls brain

She needs a strong Man to Jiggle her properly.

Dis one don crase finish
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by zachanalysis: 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
APC think they can white wash this armed robbery of an election by deploying Soyinka.😆😆😆.

The international media war has started dudes.

Noble Laurette vs Noble Laurette.

Noble Laurrete ko, Noble Igwe ni. You think the Nobel laurate is for half-baked intellectuals? Chimamanda would need to work a lot harder to ever have a shot at such prestigious prize.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Sunnyja: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
idealogical:

Their rage and evil designs has nothing to do with the election or losing elections, this biafra woman, obi and their followers are all about destroying Nigeria, demarketing Nigeria, create chaos and instability in Nigeria, this is their main goal, they care less about Nigeria.

Americans are still fighting Biden over his own election, they had their own Jan 6th insurrection that already sent countless Obidient/like people to prison for years.

Obi himself knew he won't win the election, it was all about destroying Nigeria and forcing the break up of Nigeria to get his biafra through the back door, this is their agenda.

Imagine writing the American president to insert himself into Nigeria's internal and political affairs of a friendly country just because you lost an election, and not only lost sec, but came dead last, not 2nd, but 3rd.

This woman hates Nigeria, she never loved Nigeria to start with.

They must think Americans are not smart and intelligent enough to see through their evil and idiotic agenda.

Thank God Nigerians rejected your obi and his dangerous, bigoted and ethnic agenda.
So it's true that Tinubu is being referred to as a drug Baron and that he forfeited money to the US government?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Igbek76: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
Stupid lady. The last two America presidential elections ( Trump Vs Hilary and Trump Vs Biden) were controversial and votes were disputed.

The hatred Igbos have for the yorubas will consume them soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by truthfinder319: 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
But Obi supporters are still unlettered and uncultured. Toxic ethnic bigots like their Donald Peter Obi Trump
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ukaface(f): 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
ByeByeeToSapa:

Exactly! Their main target is Biafra. Nothing change. They had been trying to cause chaos in Nigeria for years. They are also responsible for escalating the endsar movement and the ensued violence.
These people are very hate and bitter. They should taste power else the worst will happen. If they are getting their Biafra no iinches of Nigeria land is going with them
I dodge am
Edo will be Nigeria right?
But Lailai, I go with my mama wey be Biafra.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ByeByeeToSapa(m): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
ukaface:

I dodge am
Edo will be Nigeria right?
But Lailai, I go with my mama wey be Biafra.
Not your choice to make ozuorrr 😂
Omo Nna let me assume what. U saying is true.
So
If your papa nah Biafra and your mama nah Edo. When it comes to succession what matter are
the collective choice and the power play by those at the top of the pyramid at both ends and of which will depends on conditions laid by the most powerful entity.
Which means Biafra is more likely to follow Nigeria conditions if they want their Biafra.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ukaface(f): 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
ByeByeeToSapa:

Not your choice to make ozuorrr 😂
Omo Nna let me assume what. U saying is true.
So
If your papa nah Biafra and your mama nah Edo. When it comes to succession what matter are
the collective choice and the power play by those at the top of the pyramid at both ends and of which will depends on conditions laid by the most powerful entity.
Which means Biafra is more likely to follow Nigeria conditions if they want their Biafra.
Uncle ozuor
I say I no Dey go Nigeria, you think say everybody want Nigeria
By birth sef I claim Igbo, deal with it

Ozuor promax
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by cl0r0x: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Biden himself rigged his way in grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by achorladey: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
ThothHermes:
The intellectual bar for becoming a mod on Nairaland is really low. Kai. 🤡🤡🤡

Na question the moderator ask kawai, you turn it into parameters for measuring intellect grin grin grin and you didn't attempt the question kuma grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ThothHermes: 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
achorladey:

Na question the moderator ask kawai, you turn it into parameters for measuring intellect grin grin grin and you didn't attempt the question kuma grin
Birds of a feather. Show where in the entire letter she asked Joe Biden to intervene in our democratic process. Olodo.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by vannessa7(f): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
It's so annoying the way these people always cry to American or European government over any little thing as if the latter are some gods, they must view them as their super hero, their saviour, I always feel ashamed on their behalf anytime they threaten to report to the leaders of the western world, are they not human like you, why do you think they are end of discussion, the solution to all your woes, inferiority complex is very bad, smh

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Corporate2020: 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
The pained idiot wrote to Joe Biden whose election was contested in several Supreme Court cases in America. A man that was declared president and thousands of Americans invade the US national assembly. I think this girl is suffering from amnesia to have forgotten that Joe Biden's election is worse than Emilokan Tinubu's election

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by achorladey: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
ThothHermes:
Birds of a feather. Show where in the entire letter she asked Joe Biden to intervene in our democratic process. Olodo.

Answer the question becomes......

Birds of a feather

Then you went ahead.....

[quote]Show where in the entire letter she asked Joe Biden to intervene in our democratic process.[/quote]

I will ask you another question just like Mynd44. The letter is a call to Biden to intervene in our democratic process after all, the content of the letter was not about the rout of Barcelona by Real Madrid during the Copa Del Ray match grin. Do you agree?

A. Yes

B. No.

C. I look elsewhere

The following below quoted from the letter are pleas towards Biden to intervene or as the meaning of intervene states that Biden gets himself involved and not keep quiet as some said he is yet to congratulate the president elect grin grin......

Congratulating its outcome, President Biden, tarnishes America’s self-proclaimed commitment to democracy. Please do not give the sheen of legitimacy to an illegitimate process

I hope, President Biden, that you do not personally share this cordial condescension. You have spoken of the importance of a “global community for democracy,” and the need to stand up for “justice and the rule of law.” A global community for democracy cannot thrive in the face of apathy from its most powerful member. Why would the United States, which prioritizes the rule of law, endorse a president-elect who has emerged from an unlawful process?

Here is what intervene means

to become involved in a difficult situation in order to improve it or prevent it from getting worse:

Olodo

Allow time pass, you go see why you don't need to be peddle your olodo over the matter grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by francotunsco: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2023
While i disagree with the entirety of her letter, i appreciate her courage and fearlessness in approaching US. Such bravery will be required in future sensible encounter with US or other world powers as the case may be. Kudos!!! But on Pitobi, e don go....

Congratulations to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
President-elect, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Maximeo(m): 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
neyop85:
Only Okoros are crying about an election that has been settled. It is very funny to even think they are banking on the Supreme court.
As of today, in this country, an Igbo man can never be president. The Fulanis hate them, the Yorubas although once accommodating now hate them because of their tribalistic politics. The supreme Court ruling will be very swift.
Instead of an Igbo man, the south south people will be elected.

You're a foolish and wasted soul!

You think Igbos care about your useless self loving or hating them. You're deluded.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by ThothHermes: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
achorladey:

Answer the question becomes......

Then you went ahead.....

[quote]Show where in the entire letter she asked Joe Biden to intervene in our democratic process.

I will ask you another question just like Mynd44. The letter is a call to Biden to intervene in our democratic process after all, the content of the letter was not about the rout of Barcelona by Real Madrid during the Copa Del Ray match grin. Do you agree?

A. Yes

B. No.

C. I look elsewhere
All the energy you have used in typing the above would have been better utilized in showing where Ms Adichie called for intervention in our democratic process.

The following below quoted from the letter are pleas towards Biden to intervene or as the meaning of intervene states that Biden gets himself involved and not keep quiet as some said he is yet to congratulate the president elect grin grin......
Here we go...😮😮😮

Congratulating its outcome, President Biden, tarnishes America’s self-proclaimed commitment to democracy. Please do not give the sheen of legitimacy to an illegitimate process

I hope, [b]President Biden, that you do not personally share this cordial condescension
. You have spoken of the importance of a “global community for democracy,” and the need to stand up for “justice and the rule of law.” A global community for democracy cannot thrive in the face of apathy from its most powerful member. Why would the United States, which prioritizes the rule of law, endorse a president-elect who has emerged from an unlawful process?
Please in what universe does "do not endorse" equal "intervene"?
All these Oluwole mandate thieves self😁😁😁

Here is what intervene means

to become involved in a difficult situation in order to improve it or prevent it from getting worse:
So this is the meaning of "do not endorse". I see. 😆😆

Olodo

Allow time pass, you go see why you don't need to be peddle your olodo over the matter grin grin grin
Mandate thief supporter. I am not surprised.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by EagleNest(m): 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
thesicilian:

This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know

Insult ke? LP didn't lose any election. APC underated LP and got the shocks of their lives. They resorted to the only thing they had banked on, "rigging", unfortunately INEC didn't live up to expectation.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by EagleNest(m): 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
Unfortunately US didn't pay attention nor can they do anything as it's literally an internal matter but it's good to speak out to the world and correct the misinformation that February 25 election was fair and transparent. Indeed it was a daylight robbery executed by INEC. Hopefully the supreme court will correct this absurd development.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Halo22: 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chimanada you have really dissipated some intellectual energy describing to President Biden what he is already aware of, but time will tell on his actions or inactions over that. Nnem, u are indeed an erudite scholar I will continue to be proud of. The Afonjas have continued to prove their nepotism in epileptic manner, even the so-called learned group.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by cuteboy2: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2023
Mention one person that Chimamanda insulted in that letter. Just 1 only.

Truth can sting more than insult, so I understand APC's pain. They hate truth and love lies and deception.

[Quote author=thesicilian post=122341276] This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know [/quote]
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by OsunOriginal: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nonny95:
Nigeria's literary superstar, Chimamanda speaks truth to President Biden in open letter published in @TheAtlantic. Thanks, Chimamanda for your integrity and bravery.

https://twitter.com/valentineozigbo/status/1644024591919067137?t=iBbeMsT06-3qXPdVDe7U7Q&s=19

Nigeria’s Hollow Democracy
Why is America congratulating the winner of this disastrous election?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/nigerias-hollow-democracy/673647/

Akpu runs in her veins and fills her brain. How could someone who was not in Nigeria on the day of the election claim to know more than us who were here.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Kukutenla: 1:04am On Apr 08, 2023
taiwotimitt:
40% of Americans still believe that the election was rigged in favor of Biden. Make this woman go rest. Congratulatory message of Biden does not mean anything to democracy.
Where did you get this stats from
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Kukutenla: 1:06am On Apr 08, 2023
Goke7:

That’s always being the issue they believe only them can or should rule. Anything else Nigeria to them is a zoo
You guys just write whatever you want against igbos
Igbos have never ruled since 1999 and their present angst started in 2015 when Jonathan who is not even Igbo lost.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by Napata77: 1:46am On Apr 08, 2023
Mynd44:
Wait, you want Bidden to intervene in the Democratic process of a sovereign state?

Attero Dominatus!

Don't mind the tribalist girl.

Her problem is she grew up in Nsukka, and never mixed with people of other ethnic groups before IPOB mentality took hold of her.

If Obi had emerged the winner with all those problems with INEC uploading etc etc, would she have written this letter to Biden?

Of course not.

She is a tribalist and she is a liar too by making out that she only cares about 'fairness'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections by duplexDan(m): 3:37am On Apr 08, 2023
thesicilian:

This is one of the major reasons you people lost the election. You insult any and every one who doesn't seem to be on your side, forgetting that who doesn't support you today can support you tomorrow. But when you insult people willy nilly, you tend to make enemies for life. And the worst kind of enemy you can make is one whose real identity you don't even know

When I hear people refer to each other with unfound names and it's ilk I just get amazed, cos at the end we all would go through whatever ever goodwill or bad shit that would happen to those of you guy's living in Nigeria. Even those Living outside the shores are been apprehensive having partially lived the Buhari's government through their families back home in Nigeria. So this nonsense on tribe isn't going to affect the politicians, rather the populace at large. So we all better be careful what we wish for !

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention / The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio / Fani-kayode Reacts After Tiv DPO Is Interrogated Over Killing Of Fulanis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.