Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention (38296 Views)

Biafra Militants Storm Anambra Insists No Election / Pro-Biafran Supporters Protest In Spain Over Nnamdi Kanu's Detention. PICS / Pro-Biafra Militants Free Hijacked Ship, Hold 5 Crew Members Hostage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Princewill1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nigeria separatists have hijacked a merchant ship
and threatened to blow it up with its foreign crew if
authorities do not release a detained leader agitating
for a breakaway state of Biafra, military officers said
Tuesday.
Maj. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, the Defense Ministry
spokesman, confirmed the hijacking occurred on
Friday and called it “an act of sabotage.” He did not
tell reporters the name of the ship.
Abubakar spoke on Monday. Other officers on
Tuesday told The Associated Press that the navy is in
pursuit of the captured vessel. The officers, who
spoke on condition of anonymity because the issue is
sensitive, said the hijackers have given the
government 31 days to free Kanu or say they will
blow up the ship along with its crew.

The ultimatum was given at the weekend by a militant
identified by the nom de guerre of General Ben. Ben
is not a separatist but “some Niger Delta militants
have shown interest in working with us,” said Uchena
Madu, a leader of the Movement for the Actualization
of a Sovereign State of Biafra.
Advertisement
The hijacking indicates the separatists could be
working with some Niger Delta oil militants blamed
for recent bombings of oil pipelines in the oil-rich
south, escalating conflict in a country already
burdened by Boko Haram’s deadly Islamic uprising in
the northeast and violent ethno-religious
confrontations between farmers and herders in
central Nigeria. Africa’s biggest economy and oil
producer also is battered by slashed petroleum
prices.

Secret police on Oct. 17 detained Nnamdi Kanu,
director of banned Radio Biafra, and since have
accused him of terrorism, sparking protests in which
police are accused of killing several demonstrators.
Nigeria’s Igbo people prosecuted a civil war to create
a separate state of Biafra in the southeast that killed
a million people in the 1960s. Many Igbos charge
they still suffer discrimination.

https://www.today.ng/news/top-news/74349/dhq-confirms-pro-biafra-militants-hijacked-merchant-ship-over-kanus-detention

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Elosky20: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
cool
Give goomenti Buhari upper cut ngwanu.

Tell him to hapula diokpa Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by jumper524(m): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
hahaha ibops biting more than they can chew, na we we go still suffer am

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
One day, One day.. ......Only One day.. ...Hmmmmm
Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
cheesy

na IPOB dey don dey do water things cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
The hijacking indicates the separatists could be working with some Niger Delta oil militants blamed for recent bombings of oil pipelines in the oil-rich south
So na IPOBians blow oil installation on our land and tried to frame Tompolo? The Nigeria military should deploy every force on these people. In fact, it is high time IPOB is proscribed as a terrorist organisation undecided

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista viewing bros how far naa grin

shey IPOB don sabi do water things

When we tell you guys that kanu gat more influence more than you can ever imagine una no go gree now una don see am
no more IPOB propaganda cheesy

by the way
emi omo odua

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
So na IPOBians blow oil installation on our land and tried to frame Tompolo? The Nigeria military should deploy every force on these people. In fact, it is high time IPOB is proscribed as a terrorist organisation undecided

[/s]

Nonsense! shey IPOB of land don dey do water and Creek things grin

oya military come over here ooo TonyeBarcanista don order una

why are you dumb mr man

124 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
IPOB don dey live for Creeks - TonyeBarcanista

how dumb can someone be cheesy

37 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Princewill1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop living in denial,just admit it that your niger delta brothers are more biafran than the igbos.

Do you know that Port Harcourt was that first city to stage pro-biafra protest?

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
what you guys failed to understand is that no amount of nairaland bullshitt can stop what's already going on in real world

emi omo odua

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by dtruth3(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

you ought to be ashamed of yourself with this comment. Why are you this unstable?

Does it mean you now have comprehension issues, or share Uselessness?

So you mean to tell me, you didn't read where they said they are ND militant?

Where did IPOB come in this issue?
They said they are ND militants. Get that straight into your skull.

I jst dey shame for you!

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
MrSegunAdewole:
TonyeBarcanista viewing bros how far naa grin

shey IPOB don sabi do water things

When we tell you guys that kanu gat more influence more than you can ever imagine una no go gree now una don see am
no more IPOB propaganda cheesy

by the way
emi omo odua
IPOBians conscripting a few criminal element will only spell dooooooom to IPOB. I thank God say Buratai no de look face. Just relax and await Military response. As you can see, no Ijawman is happy wth the criminal act.

BTW: Why una like to de partner with criminal elements?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Princewill1:
Stop living in denial,just admit it that your niger delta brothers are more biafran than the igbos.

Do you know that Port Harcourt was that first city to stage pro-biafra protest?

he knew that, just that the heartbreak that his constant rants here are useless thus he find it hard to believe grin

by the way

Emi omo odua cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by nnachukz(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
This is getting real. I just pray they don't kill them. They are not buhari that is holding Kanu. Someone's sins should not be visited on others.

7 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Buhari - "we fought war of 30 months and killed more than 2 million people for oil in Niger Delta, they are irritants if they say the oil belongs to them".

TonyeBarcanista - "…... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..…..."

General Ben - "Release Nnamdi Kanu or we blow the vessel and the foreign occupants".

TonyeBarcanista - "Attack IPOBians, they are source of our problems, kill them all, finish them, I love Nigeria".

Alhaji Shuma - "The oil in Niger Delta belongs to the north".

TonyeBarcanista - "IPOBians said it, conspiracy theory".

T.Y Danjuma - "The oil in Niger Delta belongs to us, if anybody stop us from sucking oil, I will put on my khaki and fight again"

TonyeBarcanista - " lipsrsealed"

Sha....sha...sha......SHAME!

Don't be like Tonye.

106 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

IPOBians conscripting a few criminal element will only spell dooooooom to IPOB. I thank God say Buratai no de look face. Just relax and await Military response. As you can see, no Ijawman is happy wth the criminal act.

BTW: Why una like to de partner with criminal elements?
[/s]

you're talking nonsense as usual

watch out for more of this soon now it's IPOB conscripting elements

guy stop living in self denial accept the fact that your rants here yield nothing.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Iykopee(m): 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
The Navy is in pursuit of the said vessel with enough zombies onboard. grin

22 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
dtruth3:
you ought to be ashamed of yourself with this comment. Why are you this unstable?

Does it mean you now have comprehension issues, or share Uselessness?

So you mean to tell me you didn't read where they said they are ND militant?
Where did IPOB come in this issue?
They said they are ND militants. Get that straight into your skul.

I jst dey shame for you!
They aren't ND militants. They are criminals that were hired by IPOBians and shall be dealt with along with their sponsors.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Now you said it and they heard you..
At least this is my first time seeing you declare ur stand..

You've always been very trickly slippery..

Congratulations!!

4 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
NormalCodes:

Buhari - "we fought war of 30 months and killed more than 2 million people for oil in Niger Delta, they are irritants if they say the oil belongs to them".

General Ben - "Release Nnamdi Kanu or we blow the vessel and the foreign occupants".

TonyeBarcanista - "Attack IPOBians, they are source of our problems, kill them all, finish them, I love Nigeria".

T.Y Danjuma - "The oil in Niger Delta belongs to us, if anybody stop us from sucking oil, I will put on my khaki and fight again"

Don't be like Tonye.

Hehehehehehe
now they are IPOB conscripting elements
he should continue in his delusion

18 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

They aren't ND militants. They are criminals that were hired by IPOBians and shall be dealt with along with their sponsors.

Hehehehehehe I taught you said it was all propaganda grin

more shocking news coming soon get your BP kits ready to avoid collapse

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
NormalCodes:

Don't be like Tonye.
I don't see the reason behind crying more than the bereaved when we all know your motive oga.

ND will solve ND problem.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't see the reason behind crying more than the bereaved when we all know your motive oga.

Thanks!

Chai

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by MrSegunAdewole: 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks!

just like they are solving it now with this article grin

Hehehehehehe this news really pained you

26 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
NormalCodes:

This is Tonye

He is a shameless hypocrite.

Don't be like Tonye.

I swear if one sees this guy in real life, you will ever regret all the answer and attentions u ever gave his words..

This guy is the worst there is..

You better don't waste your time on him..

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks!

Please comment hear.. .https://www.nairaland.com/2906782/usman-guba-only-north-right#42541819

Thanks!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by menesheh(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks!

For your mind, you are pro-Nigerian dream.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
there. finally. they've crossed the no go area. they've given the federal government the legitimate right to hunt them down and apply violence. (if this news is true).

I'm waiting for that international body or country that will support them after this.

I wonder how many hostages Scotland held before they got their referendum.

3 Likes

Re: Defense HQ Confirms Pro-biafra Militants Hijacked Ship Over Kanu’s Detention by vickvan(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
This is already heated up. Lalasticlala Fp ooo...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC / We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala / Tinubu’s Probe Ongoing — Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.