Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

An Ekiti State Based Legal Practitioner Barrister Deji Aina Who Was Allegedly As - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Ekiti State Based Legal Practitioner Barrister Deji Aina Who Was Allegedly As (291 Views)

Landmark Demolition: I'm Glad I Left Nigeria - Tayo Aina / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina / PMB In Lagos: See The Original Video That Was Allegedly Edited By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Ekiti State Based Legal Practitioner Barrister Deji Aina Who Was Allegedly As by AngelGabbyShara(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
An EKiti State based legal practitioner Barrister Deji Aina who was allegedly assaulted by an official of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corp NSCDC Mr David Omotuase, the Divisional Officer, NSCDC, Ado Ekiti Division on the 5th April, 2023 had written a petition to the National Office of thee Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).

In a petition titled “My Encounter with Mr David Omotuase, the Divisional Officer, NSCDC, Ado Ekiti Division on the 5th April, 2023” the Chairman Youth Lawyers Forum, Ikere Ekiti Branch alleged that the NSCDC man brutalized him while he went to address a case with one of his clients at Ado Division of the office.

Part of his words

“On the 5th April,2023 at about 2.30pm, I went to see my client who was invited by the men of the NSCDC, Post Office Division. On getting there, I met an officer who directed me to the office where my client was.

On getting there, I met two officers including Mr David Omotuase, the complainants and my client. I greeted Mr David Omotuase who challenged me by asking me who directed me to his office, I quickly responded that one of his officers did. He further asked me who l am and I introduced myself as a counsel representing my client who is already before the officers.

Mr David Omotuase responded that I should get out of his office and go and wait for my client in court. I responded I have every right to represent my client in his office being a public office. In a very rude and harsh voice, he shouted at me that I should leave his office.

I was almost stepping out when he cursed me that ‘ti o ba jade ni office mi, Ori e a buru nisiyi….wa sise se… I immediately turned back and told him he cannot address me in such manner and that I take exception to those rude words. He immediately left his seat and move closed to me. Before I could say jack, he gave me a slap on my face (left region). I took a cover and he attempted the second one but my client quickly held his hand.

That was how I left his office and went straight to the NBA centre where I lodged the complaint to my colleagues who followed me to the office. On getting to the office, we realised he is the Divisional Officer in charge of the division. We left and went to the State Commandant office at the NSCDC headquarters, where we further lodged the complaint. Immediately I was taken to Teaching Hospital for medical attention.

https://beyondnewsng.com/assault-ekiti-lawyer-slapped-by-nscdc-officer-petitions-nbas-national-office/

Re: An Ekiti State Based Legal Practitioner Barrister Deji Aina Who Was Allegedly As by Dreal1247: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
This is just the beginning. When the Agboro infested Government is finally sworn in, which will never happen, then the main action commences.

(1) (Reply)

Yari: The Betrayal Of Trust By Isa Umar / What's The Situation In Yola Now? / Bishop Feyi's Persecution, Hear What He Has To Say.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.