Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Enugu Is Flooded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Is Flooded (5701 Views)

Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Is Flooded by aloyemeka1: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
[size=14pt]Flood submerges houses in Enugu[/size]
September 20, 2011 08:27PM

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=W0XpP6OILyY0J1brYFUyqS6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQVN$mXkX$Bf8I3nlNT8w6hnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Some houses on Eze and Boardman Streets in the Uwani area of Enugu were on Tuesday submerged following a heavy downpour in the capital city of Enugu State.

Some of the affected residents said the flooding was caused by the ongoing road construction in the area and blamed the contractor, Enerco Contractors, for not providing a drainage channel.

Chukwudi Okeke, a resident of the area, said he had not witnessed such a problem in the 30 years that he had lived in the area.

"I have stayed in the area for up to 30 years now; the whole ordeal started after the construction on the road. Enerco Contractors have dealt with us. Most of my property is damaged," Mr Okeke said.

Ngozi Umeh, another resident, blamed the body that awarded the contract to Enerco for not supervising the work.

"How can such project lack supervision. We, the residents are suffering it; we can't leave the house without keeping someone on alert in case rain starts," Ejioffor Ogbodo, a petty trader said while appealing to the state government to intervene on their behalf and find a solution to the problem.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5743103-146/flood_submerges_houses_in_enugu_.csp
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by OgidiBoy(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
Where is all these rain that is flooding Nigeria and the rest of the world coming from. This global warming thing must be for real ohhhh shocked
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by jason123: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2011
sad sad sad
May God help the victims.
As the poster before me said, GLOBAL WARMING is in effect in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Sunofgod(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2011
The more modern terminology is 'Climate Change'.

Its happening throughout the world.

The reason why its occuring is being supressed - But its only going to get worse.

These events are not random occurences - Earth changes are taking place.

And as the saying goes . . . . .  .Nobody will know the time or the hour when their time is up.

It seems 'Mother Nature' has had enough of us - and i dont blame her.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by aljharem3: 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2011
jason123:

sad sad sad
May God help the victims.
As the poster before me said, GLOBAL WARMING is in effect in Nigeria.

abeg stop blaming global warming

what global warming are u talking about

Nigeria has not housing plan or what so ever

No water natural route is still free

People build of water ways and sand fill it . WHY??

because there are not rules or regulation to stop them

Or is global warming getting to Kano state as well what of ibadan

Nigeria government is just too lazy to focus of house and settlement planning

look at lagos. where any one would jut sand fill a water lodge land and call it 10 million naira worth of land . is that global warming
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by OgidiBoy(m): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
Sun of god:

The more modern terminology is 'Climate Change'.

Its happening throughout the world.

The reason why its occuring is being supressed - But its only going to get worse.

These events are not random occurences - Earth changes are taking place.

And as the saying goes . . . . . .Nobody will know the time or the hour when their time is up.

It seems 'Mother Nature' has had enough of us - and i dont blame her.

So what can commom folk like me do to pls this mother nature sad
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by mallorca(m): 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
Chime is working, Enugu is Flooding, Time will
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by HighChief4(m): 12:11am On Sep 21, 2011
Whats the proof that this is actually enugu, cos the last time I went there I seriously doubt this kind of mishap will happen given that all the roads and the drainage are in good shape. Anyway, maybe its actually as a result of the on-going construction in the area which affected a few houses. So sad and my heart goes out to the victims. The contractor should be blamed if this story is true
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by lagcity(m): 12:41am On Sep 21, 2011
High_Chief:

Whats the proof that this is actually enugu, cos the last time I went there I seriously doubt this kind of mishap will happen given that all the roads and the drainage are in good shape. Anyway, maybe its actually as a result of the on-going construction in the area which affected a few houses. So sad and my heart goes out to the victims. The contractor should be blamed if this story is true
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. from denial to acceptance to flimsy excuse to grief, and finally, blame the contractor grin grin grin grin

Re: Enugu Is Flooded by aloyemeka1: 1:38am On Sep 21, 2011
High_Chief:

It is Enugu for sure although the flooding came as a result of construction work in the area.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Odunnu: 1:46am On Sep 21, 2011
Whoever wrote that article surely doesnt know what a flood is.Pictures of houses not just one flooded would have been convincing enough, mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. BTW, the house in the picture is not the kind of houses you see in Boardman/Robinson/Eze street. Hungry attention seeking writers.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Ndipe(m): 1:48am On Sep 21, 2011
High_Chief:

I concur with you because there is a picture of this flooded house on the internet and it says it is located in Uyo.

Just type on google: Uyo, flooding, and you will see the exact picture of the house.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by OgidiBoy(m): 1:56am On Sep 21, 2011
Odunnu:

Whoever wrote that article surely doesnt know what a flood is.Pictures of houses not just one flooded would have been convincing enough, mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. BTW, the house in the picture is not the kind of houses you see in Boardman/Robinson/Eze street. Hungry attention seeking writers.

My dear don't mind that aloy/emeka character, most of us already know the kind of "Hungry attention seeking writer" he is  angry tongue tongue
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 21, 2011
mennnnn, i come on Nairaland sometimes to have a laugh when i am feeling down. I am never disappointed,
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Sep 21, 2011
OgidiBoy:

So what can commom folk like me do to pls this mother nature sad

Climate Change does not happen overnight. It happens over time, and I believe we have all seen this coming for a while now. So many organizations have been wailing. Even the Government has used this opportunity, in the past couple of years, to chop as much of 'ENVIRONMENTAL' money as it could. It is sort of pretentious to cry that common folk no know.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by aloyemeka1: 3:43am On Sep 21, 2011
Ndipe:

I concur with you because there is a picture of this flooded house on the internet and it says it is located in Uyo.

Just type on google: Uyo, flooding, and you will see the exact picture of the house.

Did you question the Ibadan flood pictures?.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Anextin(f): 4:11am On Sep 21, 2011
@poster. Ur post is a lie. The flooding occured in uyo not enugu. Stop deciving people just to get attention. Ur info is a complete lie. Google uyo flooding, its same house and same flood
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by eunisam: 4:34am On Sep 21, 2011
pity.

Re: Enugu Is Flooded by goldng: 4:44am On Sep 21, 2011
I wonder what the poster wants to achieve with this post
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 21, 2011
@ Mod, please this is misleading and a big lie, the pix is actually a flooded house in Uyo, in Akwa Ibom State http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5720863-146/heavy_rainfall_destroys_property_in_akwa.csp please do us a favour and remove the topic, poster, how silly u are by misinforming us here, you are bursted and i believe now that 95percent of urtopics here is base on lies
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by AmAlone: 6:17am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^^ You yourself you a lier!!!!

It is not Uyo State!!!!

It is Uyo, Akwa Ibom  tongue tongue tongue

I guess you are a bigger lier!!!!

odiaero:

@ Mod, please this is misleading and a big lie, the pix is actually a flooded house in Uyo State http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5720863-146/heavy_rainfall_destroys_property_in_akwa.csp please do us a favour and remove the topic, poster, how silly u are by misinforming us here, you are bursted and i believe now that 95percent of urtopics here is base on lies
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by itiswell1(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2011
Am Alone:

It is not Uyo State!!!!

It is Uyo, Akwa Ibom tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Afam4eva(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2011
Does Enugu and flood go in the same sentence?
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 21, 2011
Am Alone:

It is not Uyo State!!!!

It is Uyo, Akwa Ibom  tongue tongue tongue

U must have monkey brains if u dont understand i meant to write Uyo in Akwa Ibom after clicking on the link, keep drinking garri and hot pepper tongue
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by thirdeye(m): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2011
I am not used to blaming the government on any issue but for the recent flood issues, the blame squarely rests on the governments, their ineptitude,negligence and lack of will to carry out their duties has brought us to this.
There are town planning offices established by the government of each state that are supposed to design or allocate plots based on usage and they also have the right to punish any violators of the town planning rules and regulations. But no they won't all they are always after is bribe, yet the same government will even sandfill drainages and sell to their cronies.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by blank(f): 8:27am On Sep 21, 2011
It cant be Enugu. Enugu is located in hilly territory. How will it flood? The rain will just run down hill.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by Odunnu: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2011
And coupled with the fact that we have very good drainage here very unlike Phc and Aba.
No matter how hard or long it rains in Enugu,believe me, in about (maximum) 4hrs after, you wont see any trace of the rain in the metropolis. One reason why I love this state
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by samyng(m): 9:05am On Sep 21, 2011
[size=13pt]This can't be possible and it sounds strange [/size]
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by RickyRoss1(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[size=14pt]Flood submerges houses in Enugu[/size]
September 20, 2011 08:27PM

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=W0XpP6OILyY0J1brYFUyqS6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQVN$mXkX$Bf8I3nlNT8w6hnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Some houses on Eze and Boardman Streets in the Uwani area of Enugu were on Tuesday submerged following a heavy downpour in the capital city of Enugu State.

Some of the affected residents said the flooding was caused by the ongoing road construction in the area and blamed the contractor, Enerco Contractors, for not providing a drainage channel.

Chukwudi Okeke, a resident of the area, said he had not witnessed such a problem in the 30 years that he had lived in the area.

"I have stayed in the area for up to 30 years now; the whole ordeal started after the construction on the road. Enerco Contractors have dealt with us. Most of my property is damaged," Mr Okeke said.

Ngozi Umeh, another resident, blamed the body that awarded the contract to Enerco for not supervising the work.

"How can such project lack supervision. We, the residents are suffering it; we can't leave the house without keeping someone on alert in case rain starts," Ejioffor Ogbodo, a petty trader said while appealing to the state government to intervene on their behalf and find a solution to the problem.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5743103-146/flood_submerges_houses_in_enugu_.csp

GUY YOU FAILED BIG TIME, NAIRALANDERS ARE NOT MUGU, MOST PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ARE EDUCATED TO SOME EXTENT.
THE PIC YOU POSTED IS FAKE PIC YOU CULLED FROM THE INTERNET. THIS FLOODING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HAPPENED IN UYO AND NOT ENUGU.
WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO GAIN FROM SPREADING LIES ON THIS FORUM?
LAST TIME I VISITED ENUGU STATE ALL THE ROADS THERE ARE IN SUPERB CONDITION WITH GOOD DRAINAGE SYSTEM. IF YOU CLAIM THIS IS ENUGU PLS PROVIDE US THE STREET NAME MAKE WE CONFIRM FROM OUR FRIENDS AND PEOPLE WEY DEY LIVE FOR ENUGU,
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by aloyemeka1: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2011
Blame 234NEXT that used one picture to represent 2 different scenarios and not me. We don't know for sure whether the flooded house is Enugo or Uyo.
Re: Enugu Is Flooded by blank(f): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2011
We can confirm it is NOT Enugu as those of us that live there have disowned this report. No one has reported any flooding in Enugu. I had to make calls cos i have family in that area but they said it IS A VERY BIG LIE. Also, u can't see that kind of house in that area.

(1) (2) (Reply)

States Begin Power Distribution In January - NERC / Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari / Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.