Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,448 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience (1053 Views)

The Ugly Side Of Being An Extremely Beautiful Lady (true Life Experience) / If You're In My Shoe, What Will You Do? [Pic] / 3 OPTIONS: If You're In My Shoe, What Will You Choose? [Picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by tobby20: 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by Bluezy13(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by mariahAngel(f): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
If I were you, I would've learned a skill right after secondary school instead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by tonicyril: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
I learned bricklaying before I even had it in mind to enter school....no be all parent has the strength to send pikin to school.
I have bn hustling since 17 grin grin grin

Had to wait three years before I tried to get an admission, even the one I got immediately after my secondary school I rejected it due to the fact that I knew my parent wouldn't be able to provide..

My people urged me to accept the admission from the university but I rejected it..

In life, wisdom is profitable to direct.

Now a no dey do bricklaying again ooh, I am doing better with myself

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by brain54(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
tonicyril:
I learned bricklaying before I even had it in mind to enter school....no be all parent has the strength to send pikin to school.
I have bn hustling since 17 grin grin grin

Had to wait three years before I tried to get an admission, even the one I got immediately after my secondary school I rejected it due to the fact that I knew my parent wouldn't be able to provide..

My people urged me to accept the admission from the university but I rejected it..

In life, wisdom is profitable to direct.

Now a no dey do bricklaying again ooh, I am doing better with myself
Most times people just follow the crowd mentality…

Or band wagon effect. They hardly do self appraisal.

I remember a friend who got admission to a private university in ogun state. One of the most expensive private schools in the country. At that particular time he lost his dad who was his major sponsor. He had some money with him and decided to go ahead with accepting the admission. I advised him against saying he should rather apply to a federal or state university for admission which would be cheaper and he can invest the rest money in a business which can yield profits and at least take care of his fees and basic needs through his education.

At a point it was like I was his enemy and did not want his progress. God will see him through he said. And so I left him to do his will.

Long story short he “struggled “ paying his fees through to 200 level second semester and had to drop out of school. Due to financial constraints. Degree he did not get… money he had wasted on a futile effort. Money he could have invested.

Now he had to start all over from the scratch again. Isn’t it frustrating?

The school a lot of people do not even know why they go get education… only because others do so and want to also do same.

Some of these artisans do even better than the so called graduates. Some of these graduates later go back to learn skills which they ignored initially.

I know a graduate of uniben who after searching a job for years without success went back to learn how to fix those aluminum glass doors and windows. He is doing well for himself now. Even though he had to fall back to the same which he had rejected.

No one should look down on acquiring a skill. Everyone should look inwards and decide what is best for them.

I know mechanics, brick layers etc without any formal education who are doing better than those with masters. Formal education is not a guarantee for success.

If you have the means get the formal education while learning a skill. You don’t know which you will fall back to.

Follow your dream yes… but use sense!

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by tonicyril: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
brain54:

I remember a friend who got admission to a private university in ogun state. One of the most expensive private schools in the country. At that particular time he lost his dad who was his major sponsor. He had some money with him and decided to go ahead with accepting the admission. I advised him against saying he should rather apply to a federal or state university for admission which would be cheaper and he can invest the rest money in a business which can yield profits and at least take care of his fees and basic needs through his education.

At a point it was like I was his enemy and did not want his progress. God will see him through he said. And so I left him to do his will.

Long story short he “struggled “ paying his fees through to 200 level second semester and had to drop out of school. Due to financial constraints. Degree he did not get… money he had wasted on a futile effort. Money he could have invested.

The school a lot of people do not even know why they go get education… only because others do so and want to also do same.

Some of these artisans do even better than the so called graduates. Some of these graduates later go back to learn skills which they ignored initially.

I know a graduate of uniben who after searching a job for years without success went back to learn how to fix those aluminum glass doors and windows. He is doing well for himself now. Even though he had to fall back to the same which he had rejected.

No one should look down on acquiring a skill. Everyone should look inwards and decide what is best for them.

I know mechanics, brick layers etc without any formal education who are doing better than those with masters. Formal education is not a guarantee for success.

If you have the means get the formal education while learning a skill. You don’t know which you will fall back to.

I always give my fellow juniors an advice, "if u know that Ur parent are not well to do as per current Nigeria standard abeg learn work before u venture into schooling" afterall them no dey catch late comers for university.

The mistake I made in 2011 was that I did not heed to the Ibo traders in okokomaiko and one Baba Omo onile.

The Omo onile said he was willing to give me a piece of land where I can shed my goods so far I am I interested, and one Ibo boy has already told me he would take me to the neighboring countries like seme and Cotonou to learn how to import goods even with ordinary 10k as of them...but in my mind I wanted to enter school, tho this is after I have completed my apprenticeship in bricklaying sha ooh, if I had listened then who know how many string of businesses I will be controlling now around okokomaiko and alaba...while going to lasu on a low key.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by talk2hb1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
tobby20:
Im a man of 21 years old , normally I’ve been struggling for my self since secondary school because my dad retired, my mom left my dad .
So fast forward to 2021 I gained admission to university, I hustle to pay my school fee
But things started taking u turn , I couldn’t pay school fee again , I had to skip two semesters . I can proof all this things . Idk why today I just got the sucidal thought today and just feel like commuting sucked . Now my colleges are in school , and I can’t do nothing cos no school fee.
Everything is just shit
I don’t know how to feel
Someone come to my aid
If I am in Your Shoe, which I am not; I will polish the shoe very well.
Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by md16: 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
I agree with and love everything you said. Just to add, "doing well" is a relative term. You see those artisans you talk about ehn, some of them wish they had formal education, at least up to say secondary school level. I know this because I was a facilitator for adult education some years back and I heard them first hand. All in all, I like the angle you came from. Skill acquisition shouldn't be the last option! I see skill acquisition being embraced in the past 3-5 years like ever before.
brain54:

Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by Lawly: 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
talk2hb1:

If I am in Your Shoe, which I am not; I will polish the shoe very well.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, you should please keep your gibberish to yourself 🙄
Re: What Would You Do If You Was In My Shoe: Life Experience by md16: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Firstly, I'm so sorry you had to go through this experience. Anyone who's been there will relate better. I hope all is well with you and you have the strength to face this challenge. Here's my input....
1. Search for scholarships for first/second year students if your grades are in good standing.

2. Learn a skill that align with your potential. If you are religious, move close to God and pray, pray and pray. He sees your struggle.

3. Dwell on positive thoughts only. I know it is not easy, but please do for your own sake. Read books, stories of people who came out better at the end of the tunnel. People who experienced what you're going through.
tobby20:
Im a man of 21 years old , normally I’ve been struggling for my self since secondary school because my dad retired, my mom left my dad .
So fast forward to 2021 I gained admission to university, I hustle to pay my school fee
But things started taking u turn , I couldn’t pay school fee again , I had to skip two semesters . I can proof all this things . Idk why today I just got the sucidal thought today and just feel like commuting sucked . Now my colleges are in school , and I can’t do nothing cos no school fee.
Everything is just shit
I don’t know how to feel
Someone come to my aid

(1) (Reply)

Does True Love Die? / Help ! My Ex-girl Controls My Family Against Me / Why Do Men Get Scared Of Commitment& Responsibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.