Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks (4006 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Beaf: 12:20am On Sep 21, 2011
[size=14pt]Boko Haram plans to use govt number plates •Military alerts to plans to bomb govt offices •Security men search for sect members in Warri [/size]
Written by Chris Agbambu and Sylvester Idowu
Tuesday, 20 September 2011

THE military high command has warned all establishments under its purview to be wary of how they allow vehicles with Federal Government number plates into their premises.

A circular from the Defence Headquarters, signed by a two star-general, entitled: “Boko Haram plans to penetrate targeted Federal Government establishments,” disclosed that intelligence report had revealed that Boko Haram was planning to fix Federal Government number plates on their vehicles to facilitate penetration of government establishments by its fighters on bombing mission.

The report also revealed that the sect had commenced the procurement of used gas cylinders, airconditioners, compressors of refrigerators and metal scraps for the manufacture of Improvised Explosive Derices (IEDs).

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the military authorities have consequently warned against hurried checking of cars with Federal Government number plates by security operatives.

It directed security operatives to go further by checking the engines of vehicles and other parts.

Furthermore, they warned that extra vigilance should be maintained in checking all vehicles with military number plates or Federal Government number entering military establishments.

Following these new directives, security has been beefed up at the Defence Headquarters complex known as the “Boat House” and the Ministry of Defence headquarters also, called “Ship House.”

Also, all military establishments around the country have been directed to adopt similar security measures in their locations.

Search for sect members

Meanwhile, undercover security agents, on Monday, intensified their search for suspected Boko Haram members alleged to have arrived in Warri, Delta State, on Sunday.

Plain-clothes policemen and operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) were seen at areas usually congregated by the Hausas.

Nigerian Tribune  sighted the security operatives at Hausa Quarters on the Warri-Sapele road, Ugbuwangwe, on the Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) Expressway and Ram market on the Effurun- Sapele road.

Security agents were, on Sunday, put on the red alert in Warri, Warri South Local Government Area, following a report on the arrival of three vehicles loaded with some suspected members of the Boko Haram members.

A highly placed source disclosed to Nigerian Tribune, on Monday that unlike other security agencies, operatives of the SSS were not taking the matter lightly, as they were combing everywhere to verify the truth or otherwise of the report.

“The SSS people are not taking the information with levity. They are combing everywhere to ensure that there is no threat to the people and facilities in the oil-rich town. The Joint Task Force (JTF) is also working towards verifying the information,” he said.

Coordinator, Joint Media Campaign Centre of Joint Task Force (JTF), Lieutenant-Colonel Anthony Antigha, said the special security outfit was liaising with other sister security agencies in the state to verify the reported arrival of the suspected Boko Haram members.

He, however, said the report might have emanated from the usual arrival of vehicles bringing in goods from some northern states to Warri, which had been on for a long time.

“Let it not be that it is one of the vehicles that usually bring goods from the North that generated the report, but we are trying to authenticate it by reaching out to sister security agencies,” he said.

Apparently allaying the fear of residents of Warri and environs, Lieutenant-Colonel Antigha said the JTF had always maintained a high security alert and that was responsible for the tight security not only around oil installations in the Niger Delta but also in other states because of the recent security concerns in the country.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/28462-boko-haram-plans-to-use-govt-number-plates-military-alerts-to-plans-to-bomb-govt-offices-security-men-search-for-sect-members-in-warri
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by asha80(m): 12:22am On Sep 21, 2011
;d
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by nasoeb: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2011
Hmmm wahala dey

God help us and save Nigeria

Amen
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by GoldCircle: 8:35am On Sep 21, 2011
Boko Haram in Warri! Coming soon to a Cinema near you!

Watch out! shocked
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2011
Hmmmm, boat and ship house!  wink

I wonder where canoe house is angry grin
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by sadyeek(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2011
It is becoming more evident that this guys don't have the interest of islam at heart.,.,.
Its not like I believe they have for a while.
What pains me the most is that they are using the name of islam, when they have other goals which looks more and more political and revenge.

Its so bad that people in delta judge me just from my name, and believe am sympathetic towards this group of people.
If only people could see what islam truely is and stands for not through boko haram, al-qaeda, taliban and other terrorist groups. People would appreciate the religion, I swear!!!

It pains, pains me!

Ya rabb, expose this people who are responsibe for destroying the image of the beautiful islam, restore the image of our beloved religon. Have mercy on us and guide us aright. Ameen,

My thoughts.,.,.,
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 21, 2011
Me think CIA @work, Bt anyway I support disintegration of dis country,
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by DAY12(m): 9:20am On Sep 21, 2011
Interesting Movie

Thy Boko Haram  angry

Action Package & is strictly for age 18+yrs undecided
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by tegamans: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2011
Hummmm make this boko haram nor try do waytin them dey think oo. We warri boy nor dey smile oo.  If we start now na boko harram go run oo . Well †Φ cut the long story short. Boko haram should not ever think of bombing warrri because it will be the biggest mistake i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ boko haram history. This action can lead †Φ libya part 2.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Cogent: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2011
@kcswat, why do you think CIA is at work? If you have links please provide them.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by nagoma(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2011
Hmmmm, boat and ship house!

I wonder where canoe house is

The correct name is SHIP HOUSE please.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2011
Maybe CIA. I don't hv a link bt they can do anytin to disintegrate dis useless country cos they know northeners r big burden to southerners. No human resources,,no natural resources, no innovation, what they knw is to knack head 4ground everyday gt billions of allocation every month.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by ariblaze(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2011
lol the nigerian tribune sighted operatives

this same operatives that are supposed to be in plain clothes working undercover? shocked
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by cold(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2011
Journalists in the Tribune seriously need to undergo a refresher course on journalistic writing
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by heynew: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2011
the govt. should do something urgent about these guys before the west intervene and turn hereto another pakistan
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by gtnapes: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2011
Hmmm, BH now a real threat to Nigeria peace.All thanks to BH sha,that has atleast high the commitment of all our security agencies to the Nation . Though i wouldn't say BH are totally harmless after the unfortuate UN bomb blast but it occur 2 me that all their threat after, were just mire word or there are some people who has turn the unfortuate incident as opportunity to be distrubing Nigeria Unity cos these same people threaten to bomb UNIBEN within a given date but nothing absolutely happened. Ijaw and ex militants(MEND) trying to fight is another same crazy idea of the people u want to fight.Jonathan is your son but note that now he is being refer to, as the President to FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA not IJAW.The fight is for all patriotic citizens.IJAW/MEND calm down.NIGERIA KO NI BAJE, say no to "disintegration"nother same crazy idea of the people u want to fight.Jonathan is your son but note that now he is being refer to, as the President to FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA not IJAW.The fight is for all patriotic citizens.IJAW/MEND calm down.NIGERIA KO NI BAJE, say no to "disintegration"
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Exponental(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2011
DAY11.:

Interesting Movie

Thy Boko Haram  angry

Action Package & is strictly for age 18+yrs undecided

GoldCircle:

Boko Haram in Warri! Coming soon to a Cinema near you!

Watch out! shocked

does it sound like a movie?
Just pray ur loved ones dont feature in it else, d film u will wish neva existed.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Goldenheart(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
Na who dey spread rumors naaaaaaaa angry if all these journalists reports had been true, then i think nigeria d ve been extinct,
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by goldng: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
They should not bomb again oh!!! We have had enough.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by sylve11: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
goldng:

They should not bomb again oh!!! We have had enough.

The country needs division. Shinah! angry cool
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by phuckNL: 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
I believe this is all a simple case of distraction. Political ploy by the powers that be!
Cause chaos in the country and pave the way for a MILITARY COUP to assure the nation of security.
This Northern Politicians want power at all costs. I hope Nigerians are watching and listening. We will not accept any disguised coup. If these Northerners try any nonsense, they will be doomed cause Nigeria will split
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Josh316(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
I wonder when Nigerian Journalists will get it right, there is no such thing as BOAT HOUSE, the Ministry of Defence is called SHIP HOUSE and it is the same thing as the DEFENCE H/Q,

Its not news that they want to use Govt Number plates. What is news is that till date we cannot utilise chipped number plates which can be scanned easily to reveal the true identity of the vehicle owners cos of shameless corruption and selfishness, the security agencies should be able to intercept the particular vehicle by means of infiltration and not come and start telling the nation cock and bull stories like it will change anything. Infiltrate and destroy, that is the key, finito!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by Fokativ: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2011
Josh316:

there is no such thing as BOAT HOUSE,  the Ministry of Defence is called SHIP HOUSE and it is the same thing as the DEFENCE H/Q, 

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by sizzlers(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
Trust me CIA have written the programme long time ago but d funniest part is that these events/programmes are unfolding as predicted.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks by habayommy: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
Exponental:

does it sound like a movie?
Just pray your loved ones dont feature in it else, d film u will wish neva existed.
hmmmmm shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Akpabio Donates N50m To Xmas Day Bombing Victims / modified / Presidential Media Team Releases Official Photos Of Jonathan's Visit To OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.