Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi (4394 Views)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
Things fall apart
Arrow of God
There was a country
No longer at ease
A man of the people
Anthill of the savannah

19 Likes

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by hybrid77: 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
All these not necessary abeg..

Im obidient but if the corrupt court denies Obi his mandate, na to pray for Tilumbu..for the sake of our country..

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
hybrid77:
All these not necessary abeg..Why a

I read Soyinka book. He spoke more grammar than communicate.

Achebe connects with you. You hardly forget what you read.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
hybrid77:
All these not necessary abeg..

Im obidient but if the corrupt court denies Obi his mandate, na to pray for Tilumbu..for the sake of our country..

Don't pray. Just japa of this country.
Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Sangoamadioha1: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Don't you think the fault is your intellectual capacity

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by ekineme: 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
All this is not necessary, Prof. Soyinka has paid his dues for the country and like every other citizen is entitled to his opinion.
His latest opinion is not a criteria to discredit him of his past achievements.
Both Authors has contributed their quota let's focus now on the court case, all this side distraction is not necessary.
my opinion though.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by tishbite42: 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Things fall apart
Arrow of God
There was a country
No longer at ease
A man of the people
Anthill of the savannah
Oga, make una leave all these issues
Let Achebe rest in his grave na
Abi hin commit offence to write all these books

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by proff010: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
which of them won him Nobel prize?
Asiwaju is always Asiwaju.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Don't you think the fault is your intellectual capacity

Nah. If the message is not passed the whole essence is dead.

That is why you can recommend chimmanda books to a prof and a olevel student.

It's just writing. You must connect.

No be philosophical writing nah.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by jconsulting(f): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Fools everywhere Professor Soyinka collect award Achebe did not, so why kill yourself,

Some of you were not every born , let us go back to regional government and develop our region

Easterner should go back and stop claiming they help develop Lagos, Lagos can not be the state of origin of any Chukwudi or Emeka

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Beremx(f): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
This post isn't necessary

3 Likes

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by LeoDeKing: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lmao. grin

Over 204 threads created so far.

Why?

All to prove that a man of Prof Wole Soyinka status is not entitled to his opinion. grin

If una like, insult everybody from now till the next 8 years, Nigerians will still decide based on who they prefer, not the candidate with the highest number of nattering nitwits.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Sangoamadioha1: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Nah. If the message is not passed the whole essence is dead.

That is why you can recommend chimmanda books to a prof and a olevel student.

It's just writing. You must connect.

No be philosophical writing nah.

Some people write for highly intelligent people and some write for people with lower intelligence. The thing as a reader is to look for your 'shoe size'.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by LegendHero(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Some people write for highly intelligent people and some write for people with lower intelligence. The thing as a reader is to look for your 'shoe size'.

😂

This make me laugh like craze.

Are you saying OP is not intelligent enough to comprehend Wole Soyinka writings?

Yugoslavia247 Is this true that you can’t comprehend Wole Soyinka books because of the kind of vocabulary baba dey always write? Is that why you don’t like reading it?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Lol.

I don't remember having any books with pg 18.

Olodo
Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Sangoamadioha1: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

😂

Are you saying OP is not intelligent enough to comprehend Wole Soyinka writings?

My point exactly

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Sangoamadioha1: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

😂

My point exactly

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

😂

Bro you are laffing at your mumulity.

Is there a book for certain people.

Except the book is a philosophical book.

It is for everyone.

You wrote a book and do not communicate.

Everyone knows things fall apart

That book was analyzed thousands of times.

A primary school child can read and a prof too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Sangoamadioha1: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Lol.

I don't remember having any books with pg 18.

Olodo

Sure 😏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by nairalanda1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Soyinka's books that I have read.

The man died
The trials of Brother Jero(Play)
The Lion and the Jewel (play)
Ake the Years of Childhood.

Achebe's books that I have read

Things fall apart
No longer at Ease
Anthills of the Savannah (did not really enjoy it, it was too dark for me).
The trobule with Nigeria. (should be read in tandem with Enahoro's How to Be a Nigerian).
A man of the people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Odin13: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Una still wan drag grandpa..?

Nairaland don Dey drag this man since 2007..nothing new .

Hope he has learnt his lessons ..

Sufferings are lessons for those who want to learn
Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Brendaniel: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
jconsulting:
Fools everywhere Professor Soyinka collect award Achebe did not, so why kill yourself,

Some of you were not every born , let us go back to regional government and develop our region

Easterner should go back and stop claiming they help develop Lagos, Lagos can not be the state of origin of any Chukwudi or Emeka

The OP asked a question and he gave examples of Achebe's books, why not stick to the thread and reply him with Soyinka's books, and for you talk about regional government, didn't the Igbos leave Lagos and the entire south west for you people to have their own country, you people fought and killed them to come back, so just keep quiet on that matter and focus on what the OP is discussing or simply leave the thread....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by lexyking(m): 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
The fact that more people can connect with the various books of James Hadley Chase doesn't mean he's at par with the legendary Williams Shakespeare.

Achebe is like James Hadley Chase while Soyinka is like Shakespeare. I know that you don't know the difference. All Achebe's book is one way which is storytelling while Soyinka is more diverse in different fields of writing which includes but not limited to playwright, novelist, poet, and essay writing. I won't indulge you by naming his various works because I know that it's beyond your mental capacity, but do me a favour and read up on why he won a Nobel prize with the same works that your ignoramus self failed to understand

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by siofra(f): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Hmm. For me, Soyinka does the two. He's a wizard with words and his story connects with me.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
siofra:

Hmm. For me, Soyinka does the two. He's a wizard with words and his story connects with me.

Summarize the lion and the jewel.

1 Like

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by LegendHero(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Bro you are laffing at your mumulity.

Is there a book for certain people.

Except the book is a philosophical book.

It is for everyone.

You wrote a book and do not communicate.

Everyone knows things fall apart

That book was analyzed thousands of times.

A primary school child can read and a prof too

Yes there is a book for certain people. There are some book that a primary school child can’t read because of the type of complex English which is why we have different books for primary, secondary, and tertiary.

Even if a primary school child is brilliant, there are books he can read and he will never comprehend.

If you don’t know there are book for certain people, then your own case is worse than that illiterate man child called Sharley Boy.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Yes there is a book for certain people. There are some book that a primary school child can’t read because of the type of English.

Even if a primary school child is brilliant, there are books he can read and he will never comprehend.

If you don’t know there are book for certain people, then your own case is worse than that illiterate man child called Sharley Boy.

How do you measure level of intelligence

Because some old men still have issues with comprehension.

Guy na dust you dey yarn.
Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
siofra:

Yugoslavia247:

Summarize the lion and the jewel.
I still dey wait.
Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Obaaderemi2: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
It's like comparing Ronaldo to Messi. The world cup is the icing on the cake for the footballer, same way as the Nobel Prize is the icing on the cake for the writer. grin
If you know you know. wink

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
It's like comparing Ronaldo to Messi. The world cup is the icing on the cake for the footballer, same way as the Nobel Prize is the icing on the cake for the writer. grin
If you know you know. wink

Na lie.

A lot of us watch football

Not a lot of us read
Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by sreamsense: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Things fall apart
Arrow of God
There was a country
No longer at ease
A man of the people
Anthill of the savannah
The question is did he win highest world honour like Soyinka? So far he failed to win world cup in literature, forget it; humble yourself to accept Soyinka as the boss. The world weighed the two of them and gave world cup price to Soyinka because he is better. No need to brag, is not about how many books that are not recognized to win highest price in litrature, it is not about quantity of books written, it is about quality that attracts highest price which the world of literature had spoken loud about Soyinka being the boss. Stop wasting your energy, go and remain best in your own area

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can Mention Achebes Book. How Many Soyinka Book U Sabi by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
sreamsense:

The question is did he win highest world honour like Soyinka. So far he failed to win world cup in literature, forget it; humble yourself to accept Soyinka as the boss. The world weighed the two of them and gave world cup price to Soyinka because he is better. No need for bragging, is not about how many books that are not recognized to win highest price in litrature, it is not about quantity of books written, it is about quality that attract highest price which the world of literature had spoken loud about Soyinka being the boss. Stop wasting your energy, go and remain best in your own area

Oga go and sit down.

Do you know how many writers reject nobel prize.

You think they care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Became My Father’s Concubine (episode 1) / My First Story(Life of an Orphan) / OAM4J & Rocktation Have Got Chivalry & Would Make A Lovely Match Without Rivalry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.