Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry (27770 Views)

Container Falls On A Toyota Hiace Bus Along Ilasa-Oshodi Expressway (Pictured) / A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? / Price Of A Toyota Rav 4 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Osama10(m): 7:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
Toyota Camry all the way.

@OP create a poll and see for yourself.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by ugwolawo: 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
Camry all the way, In everything Camry is the best,
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
kabukabu50:

The best two cars ever made by Toyota and Honda are these, Toyota Supra and Honda NXS-R.Period. grin
Accords and Camrys are for the elderly,mothers with babies and Chinese people. cool

There you go, lol now you re having fun, omg!! cant stop laughing cheesy.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
have an 04 camry that i have had for 2yrs now,only trip this car has ever made to the mech was for 1 tune -up and multiple oil changes.takes $35 to fill my tank and it last me almost all week,i drive a lot,had an intrepid and i must say to all nigerians,if that car ever comes to naija,plssssssssssssssssssss do not buy it,waste of money and time,infact that car still haunts me in my dreams,accord is quite good also,got a friend who has one and he has had some issues with the car but not major but compared to my camry,i will take mine anyday
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by denice1: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2011
@freshmind don't conclude honda parts prices in ladipo, go to willoughby street in ebute-metta where they sell only honda parts and you will be amazed at how cheaper honda parts are.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by IykeD(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
I think you should compare the models for both years, comparing EOD with 01 camry is an insult to EOD, remember how that car generated dust in naija when it came out. What it was to guys back in da days is what Blackberry is to ladies today! No insult EOD pls! Really i think you should go for Honda, i have used it in the past and it was great, toyota too is cool but i am talking from Experience!

3 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by tushbobo(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ poster u ll only get biased but not objective responses here.Go to cars.com,autotrader etc to get unbiased and objetive feedback.Those sayin toyota camry is stronger than honda are definitely not informed.the drive and fuel consumption also depends on the grade ur going for (american specs,EX LX V6 CE LE etc). I like 2001 camry in terms of looks but prefer accord due to its durability.after using 01 camry for some time,u feel everything's fallin apart,even the seats don't fully support ur weight.I also prefer 2005 accord to any camry(even the latest camry as the whole interior is made of cheap plastic) and hondas have a sharper response and so durable u ll never have to change any part if u use them well(this is the main reason honda parts don't sell as much as toyota,cos with honda u may never really have to buy spare parts).Check d ratings on some sites and make a choice.I presently use a honda  and can boldly tell u its of a better quaity than a toyota

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by bigfather(m): 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
Am in the same DILEMMA ! So confused !

1 Like

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by executinal(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
Go for TOYOTA CAMRY, Simply the best wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
here we go again bout fuel consumption,every car consume fuel and also saves fuel, depends on teh size of your Engine and driver attitude, as for teh OP, Toyota is good for 9ja as the parts are readily available hence they are a bit cheaper.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Koikoi(m): 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2011
My guy don't let anybody fool you go for Germany Mistake. The best car ever grin
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by bigfather(m): 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
Koikoi:

My guy don't let anybody fool you go for Germany Mistake. The best car ever grin

Which one be germany mistake ? undecided
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by adanny01(m): 11:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
No one is doin justice to this topic.
For starters, any1 who says camry parts are cheap has been fed garbage by his car dealer. Am sure theyve never bought a honda part b4.
My opinion and facts.
In jos, accord bonnet cost 12k while camry is 25k. Priced it my self today. Camry shocks is 9k each while accord is 7k both new. Trafficator front for camry is 14k, imagin? A fender 4 camry is 14k while accord is 8k. Every other part goes about the same margin.
In general accord is cheaper in buyin and maintaining. My comparison is based on 2000 model of both cars.
Toyota generally runs more quiet than honda. Honda accelerates better, honda's dashboard and upholstery is better. Honda will visit the mechanic more frequently owing to gear box, driving shafts and those ball joints. Toyota has better ac. 98-02 camry has poor ground clearance especially with full load. Honda has more boot space and leg room.
If i have more money than i currently have i will buy the camry otherwise na accordIf i have more money than i currently have i will buy the camry otherwise na accord

1 Like

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by antonion(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2011
both its rubbish and cheah $hit
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by antonion(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2011
both its rubbish and cheahp $hit
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 8:36am On Sep 23, 2011
my two cent,
Both cars are good,just check the intiriors and see what one floats ur boat.I have never driven any of both cars so cant realy sepeculate on what I dont k now,me nah german all the way.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Abayomin70(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2011
TOYOTA CAMRY if am to buy a car in my life dats is going to be the car i wil surely buy camry(spider)
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Sep 23, 2011
Abayomin70:

TOYOTA CAMRY if am to buy a car in my life dats is going to be the car i wil surely buy camry(spider)
its going to be an Old car by then lol

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by ogogo24(m): 8:51am On Sep 23, 2011
I used to love my '02 Accord until d Gear box begins to mess up. Now I look for any slight opportunity to drive wifey's Toyota - chilling AC, smooth drive but higher response time.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by tboi360: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2011
Few ppl her has car sense, u r drivin da same car bt diffrent name dat all, jus google da specs
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by tboi360: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2011
Few ppl her has car sense, u r drivin da same car bt diffrent name dat all, jus google da specs
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by tboi360: 9:39am On Sep 23, 2011
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by tboi360: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2011
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2011
me think a 4x4 is the way 4ward as far as 9ja is concerned lol
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Abayomin70(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2011
erico2k2:

its going to be an Old car by then lol
ERICO shee na baptist academy obanikoro u go niii am just askin niiii ooooo
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
tboi360:

And you had to post this 4 times, out of your total of 5 posts?

Try reading what you've posted S-L-O-W-L-Y, and see if you're making any sense.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
Siena:

And you had to post this 4 times, out of your total of 5 posts?

Try reading what you've posted S-L-O-W-L-Y, and see if you're making any sense.

lol some people are simply amazing, this poster must be using opera min lol
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2011
Toyota Camry all the way. Honda cars cannot last on Nigerian roads.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 8:20am On Sep 24, 2011
Abayomin70:

ERICO shee na baptist academy obanikoro u go niii am just askin niiii ooooo
Nop lol do I resemble someone you know? lol nah mate, I is from Niger Delta. grin grin
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by apetra: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2011
the decision actually depends on individual perception and choice. No doubt both brands are very good.

so if you ask me, i will go for Honda Accord any day any time. One thing that continue to endear the brand

to my heart is their interior settings which is far better than toyota's dry own.

The decision will depend on your preference, choice and pocket.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by andy244: 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
Honda is more luxurious no matter how you may put it. Toyota may have a cheaper parts as people say but Honda has always been on top when it comes to beauty and modernization. Just that poverty does not allow we Nigerians to know the worth of certain things because we want them cheap. compare them by the year of manufacture you will always notice that Honda has better machines, i have a 2004 Honda accord eod and that car is God sent, hardly goes to mechanic and the parts are readily available.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by erico2k2(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
But on the whole, some times these so call brand new Hondas and Toyotas that we have in 9ja even the Kias,thier models are not here in the western world WHY? is it that they are built solely for the African market or what? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sad Experience With VIO Today / Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.