Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) (55419 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Drunk Man And His Girlfriend Were Unhurt After Killing About 6 People In Abuja / Lady Who Survived The Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
Dear all, please help me praise God for sparing my life, not because I am better than those who lost their lives.

You see, some things are better imagined than experienced and what happened on Tuesday is better left as imagination than reality. For the first time I saw something coming after my life but God proved that it was not yet my time to die.

Note: I may not be able to write much as I still haven't recovered from the shock, but I just want to share how God saved me. Also, am not a good writer, so dont expect the best.

The two links attached here reported the accident. You can check them and read on.

https://crossriverwatch.com/2023/04/6-die-in-cross-river-auto-crash-frsc/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592848-frsc-confirms-6-dead-in-cross-river-road-accident.html

What happened is that the trailer was coming from Ikom side, going to Ogoja while the Sienna bus was coming from the Ogoja side to Ikom, heading to Calabar, in Cross River state.

As okada man, I was to carry a bag of cassava for someone and drop for the owner using that road.

So what happened is that I was on speed trying to climb the hill on that road. Then a sienna was climbing the hill too but a bit distance from me. That is, I was behind the Sienna from a distance. The trailer was coming down from the hill. What I would say is that the trailer failed brake and lost control too and rammed into the Sienna bus that was climbing the hill even though the bus driver tried to dodge it. I don't know how it is called in English that part of the road that has this natural deep pit from both sides of the road, that if a car by mistake leave the main road into the pit, the car will likely summersault many times before it will get to the bottom of the pit. I don't know how else to explain this better but it was that kind of place that the accident happened. So from what I can say is that, the truck driver was trying to avoid falling into the pit but wanted to control the vehicle till it will stop by itself on a flat land but unfortunately he rammed into the bus that was coming in front of it, dragged it down the hill as it was going till the flat land, killing the occupants. As the bus was been dragged down, I could hear the people in the bus shouting. A very terrible accident scene that nobody would wish to experience in life.

So as I saw the truck dragging the bus down on speed, closing up with me, and if my choice was to turn 360 and run, I would have been caught up in it. Instead, my mind quickly told me, to avoid being consume, drive into the pit, which I did, jumped out of the bike as it was going down the pit while I was also rolling down on my own, hitting myself from one tree to the other, and at the same time, trying to hold anything to stop myself, untill I was stop by a tree. I can't tell how the bike stopped by itself but it took the help of others to bring the bike out from the bottom of the pit.

Though I have wounded myself internally and physically, but is far better than those who unfortunately lost their dear lives. I believe God just wanted to give me another chance to live and testify His goodness.

The bike is seriously damaged and will require a lot to fix it. Same thing with my health. Still, i remain thankful to God for sparing my life even though for now, I'm in bad health condition and my source of survival which is the bike is gone too. He will restore all for me, amen.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

This is just Nairaland testimony, By the grace of God, once I can, I will do a proper one in church.

So brothers and sisters, help me thank God for sparing my life in the face of a fatal accident.

God bless you all and may you never die on road accident or experience it.

248 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again.
Even Lazarus who was raised from the dead still died.

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:

Sure. I just said it is not yet my time to die.

479 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Lifestone(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
You escaped death by whisker. I join you to thank God. I was involved in an accident sometime ago and our car entered similar ditch and got saved because the car didn't catch fire despite that fuel was allover the engine with very furious smoke waiting for any spark. I can relate.
Congrats once again

206 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Brendaniel: 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God for his grace upon you....

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2023
Blessed be the name of the LORD who has given you the grace to see another day.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

Thank you very much.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Blessed be the name of the LORD who has given you the grace to see another day.

Praise God

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by OVB123: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
First and foremost, let me thank God for preserving your life and also use this medium to pray for everyone, that the evil of this month shall not be your (our) portion IJN. May the almighty God protect our family(ies) from all dangers of life IJN. Amen!

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
Seun, help me thank God by taking this to the front page.

Mynd44, lalasticlala, Dominique, Nlfpmod, Seun etc.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Neverslumber(f): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2023
Brendaniel:

And you had to quote the whole thing?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Neverslumber(f): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
@Poster, I bless God for not allowing the plans of the enemy to prevail in your life.

RIP to those that lost their lives. A sad one.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Houseontherock1: 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:

Everyone will die, we all just pray for the grace to live to a ripe old age before we go.

@OP, please ensure you get a proper checkup in a good hospital! We thank God for sparing your life

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Modifire(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:

Bro every sensible person knows death is imminent but no one wants a painful death. You should be happy for the gentle man not saying stuffs like that

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Clairvoyancy: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:

Be nice, it either you help him thank God or you let it slide

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Jnkay: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
To God be the glory Bro! Wishing you long life and prosperity.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by 07kjb: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
Burruchaga71:

Everyone will die

But not everyone will die through accident EWU

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2023
Jnkay:
To God be the glory Bro! Wishing you long life and prosperity.

Thank you very much. All glory to God

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by LongLife4all: 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
Modifire:

Bro every sensible person knows death is imminent but no one wants a painful death. You should be happy for the gentle man not saying stuffs like that

The thing taya me o. At least him for just pass instead of commenting improperly.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Adedotguy: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
shocked

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
So God con kill the 6 people? 🤷‍♂️
These Christians sef, una dey think at all? 🤔

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by ednut1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
Those that died dont serve God We are all still going to die one day, seems religion makes people lose their brains

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by OGwales(m): 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Yeye... But same God couldn't saved the remaining 6 right? Mtcheew. LAS las everybody go still die.

Anyways, RIP to the dead ones.

13 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by backtovillage: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Efewestern: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Wishing you quick recovery and may the Good Lord replenish whenever you lost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Uzzybbee: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Uzzybbee: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by fr3do(m): 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God for preserving your life.

But I have a problem with people amplifying their miracles with the misfortune of others. Why qualify the accident with the deaths of others?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by yinkeys(m): 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
Nigeria & death trap roads

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Sweetvie: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank God for your life.
I'm happy for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Thrown Out Of A Moving Car In Niger State (Pictures) / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.