Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) (55566 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Drunk Man And His Girlfriend Were Unhurt After Killing About 6 People In Abuja / Lady Who Survived The Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
FullBlastLight:

U're destitute of gumption!

Mumu! 🙄
You mean God? 🤣
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mpanyi:

Believe whatever you want to believe. This is not any attempt to get you to change your belief.

God has created man and given man brain to conquer the world. He put him at the head of what he created. What any man (nations ) does with his brain is up to the person. That's why if one wants to commit suicide God will not stand in his way. If one wants to find out how to make an accident-free vehicle God will not stop him.

I may go on and on especially as it touches the victims and the survivors but it may not be well understood by some.

In essence what you and your friend should have done is to be happy with the person that survived while suggesting on how to make our traveling very safe, or even doing it if you guys have the power. Not to point accessing fingers at what is above you. Accident doesn't just happen. Human error is always to blame. It's never God's. You as an individual, and as a human being , has what it takes to stop that accident. So don't shy away from your responsibility as a man with such a great brain that understands everything about God and or His non-existence.

Never said anything was Gods doing... It was the op who said God saves him and allowed others to die! He brought in God into the equation, hence my disagreement.

If God gave us brain to do what we like and make choices, how then does God save the op and not save others? Did the others use their brain to die? Did the op use his brain to survive. Where and why did God selectively come in in this situation

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by bukazema: 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2023
May the name of the Lord be exalted for saving your life.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
FullBlastLight:

Ur father!

Basta*d!

Lol..if God is his creator, then God is his father... So who exactly are u callin basta..rd
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 14, 2023
FullBlastLight:

Ur father!

Basta*d!
You mean God? 🤣
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Gajagojo: 4:28pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mpanyi:

Meaning what?
Meaning he will still die one day
God will kill him when he is ready
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Gajagojo: 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2023
MissOpe:

As a freethinker like yourself, let's assume we were in similar shoes, who would we thank for that miracle or luck?

Goodness ,nature , science or the universe?
Thank for what ?
who do you thank for being born? Did you beg God to create you?
Anything God like make he do . He is the script writer,producer, director and audience .
N.a. Him produce film na him dey watch film. So no thanks
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Mpanyi: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
frank317:

Never said anything was Gods doing... It was the op who said God saves him and allowed others to die! He brought in God into the equation, hence my disagreement.

If God gave us brain to do what we like and make choices, how then does God save the op and not save others? Did the others use their brain to die? Did the op use his brain to survive. Where and why did God selectively come in in this situation

I didn't see where OP said God allowed others to die. Human beings allowed others to die. Not God. If the road was wide enough and good, the lorry or whatever would probably have had room to maneuver. If the driver of the lorry had serviced it, the accident probably wouldn't have happened. If many other things had happened, the accident would not have probably happened. Whoever survived should be thankful. There is something you are enjoying others are not enjoying elsewhere, you cannot use because others are not enjoying it and not be thankful, to God or to whatever you believe in. Let's rejoice with those that are rejoicing. It's not their faults. For those that are victims, let's keep them in our thoughts and work for such a thing not to happen again.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Fantazy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again.
Even Lazarus who was raised from the dead still died.

Yea, that's true. But people like you don't deserve to live for long.
Is this how to be thankful for one another?

This is why I don't like creating post on this forum.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Godsownfc(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
LongLife4all:
Dear all, please help me praise God for sparing my life, not because I am better than those who lost their lives.

You see, some things are better imagined than experienced and what happened on Tuesday is better left as imagination than reality. For the first time I saw something coming after my life but God proved that it was not yet my time to die.

Note: I may not be able to write much as I still haven't recovered from the shock, but I just want to share how God saved me. Also, am not a good writer, so dont expect the best.

The two links attached here reported the accident. You can check them and read on.

https://crossriverwatch.com/2023/04/6-die-in-cross-river-auto-crash-frsc/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592848-frsc-confirms-6-dead-in-cross-river-road-accident.html

What happened is that the trailer was coming from Ikom side, going to Ogoja while the Sienna bus was coming from the Ogoja side to Ikom, heading to Calabar, in Cross River state.

As okada man, I was to carry a bag of cassava for someone and drop for the owner using that road.

So what happened is that I was on speed trying to climb the hill on that road. Then a sienna was climbing the hill too but a bit distance from me. That is, I was behind the Sienna from a distance. The trailer was coming down from the hill. What I would say is that the trailer failed brake and lost control too and rammed into the Sienna bus that was climbing the hill even though the bus driver tried to dodge it. I don't know how it is called in English that part of the road that has this natural deep pit from both sides of the road, that if a car by mistake leave the main road into the pit, the car will likely summersault many times before it will get to the bottom of the pit. I don't know how else to explain this better but it was that kind of place that the accident happened. So from what I can say is that, the truck driver was trying to avoid falling into the pit but wanted to control the vehicle till it will stop by itself on a flat land but unfortunately he rammed into the bus that was coming in front of it, dragged it down the hill as it was going till the flat land, killing the occupants. As the bus was been dragged down, I could hear the people in the bus shouting. A very terrible accident scene that nobody would wish to experience in life.

So as I saw the truck dragging the bus down on speed, closing up with me, and if my choice was to turn 360 and run, I would have been caught up in it. Instead, my mind quickly told me, to avoid being consume, drive into the pit, which I did, jumped out of the bike as it was going down the pit while I was also rolling down on my own, hitting myself from one tree to the other, and at the same time, trying to hold anything to stop myself, untill I was stop by a tree. I can't tell how the bike stopped by itself but it took the help of others to bring the bike out from the bottom of the pit.

Though I have wounded myself internally and physically, but is far better than those who unfortunately lost their dear lives. I believe God just wanted to give me another chance to live and testify His goodness.

The bike is seriously damaged and will require a lot to fix it. Same thing with my health. Still, i remain thankful to God for sparing my life even though for now, I'm in bad health condition and my source of survival which is the bike is gone too. He will restore all for me, amen.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

This is just Nairaland testimony, By the grace of God, once I can, I will do a proper one in church.

So brothers and sisters, help me thank God for sparing my life in the face of a fatal accident.

God bless you all and may you never die on road accident or experience it.
Thank God for saving you sir
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by giftphilips(f): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2023
To God be all the glory thanking God for sparing ur life and praying for the peaceful rest of those who lost their lives
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
[b][/b]
Mpanyi:

I didn't see where OP said God allowed others to die. Human beings allowed others to die. Not God. If the road was wide enough and good, the lorry or whatever would probably have had room to maneuver. If the driver of the lorry had serviced it, the accident probably wouldn't have happened. If many other things had happened, the accident would not have probably happened. Whoever survived should be thankful. There is something you are enjoying others are not enjoying elsewhere, you cannot use because others are not enjoying it and not be thankful, to God or to whatever you believe in. Let's rejoice with those that are rejoicing. It's not their faults. For those that are victims, let's keep them in our thoughts and work for such a thing not to happen again.

Humans allow others to die but God rescued the op from humans who caused the car to crash, while he left others to die.

If God decided to save the op, why didnt he save others?
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by MissOpe(f): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2023
Gajagojo:

Thank for what ?
who do you thank for being born? Did you beg God to create you?
Anything God like make he do . He is the script writer,producer, director and audience .
N.a. Him produce film na him dey watch film. So no thanks

I'm asking because gratitude is already a part of my (our) culture and even though I'm free spirited, sometimes I want to show gratitude for being lucky but I don't know who or what to express it to grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by hansomb: 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again.
Even Lazarus who was raised from the dead still died.
which kind talk be this. We dey try quench fire you dey add petrol on top .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Accident On Eko Bridge In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead After. Photos / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.