Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) (55565 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / Drunk Man And His Girlfriend Were Unhurt After Killing About 6 People In Abuja / Lady Who Survived The Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by mutantninja: 6:18am On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:
You survived today does not mean that you won't die again.

Every living thing dies… he is lucky to still be alive even when confronted with death. While you, never confronted with a near death scenario will likely die like a chicken because your statement shows you have 0 luck
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by seanery: 6:37am On Apr 14, 2023
Does that mean al those that died, they not pray b4 embarking on d travel.

Oga, na luck.

No be God, no b prayers.

Y u no switch seat with another person inside tht car, and see if u for survive d accident.

U surviving tht accident no mean sey u no fit still die by another same accident tomorrow.

So, no b God or prayer do am; na lucky u dey.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by OBTOREPA(m): 7:10am On Apr 14, 2023
LongLife4all:
Dear all, please help me praise God for sparing my life, not because I am better than those who lost their lives.

You see, some things are better imagined than experienced and what happened on Tuesday is better left as imagination than reality. For the first time I saw something coming after my life but God proved that it was not yet my time to die.

Note: I may not be able to write much as I still haven't recovered from the shock, but I just want to share how God saved me. Also, am not a good writer, so dont expect the best.

The two links attached here reported the accident. You can check them and read on.

https://crossriverwatch.com/2023/04/6-die-in-cross-river-auto-crash-frsc/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592848-frsc-confirms-6-dead-in-cross-river-road-accident.html

What happened is that the trailer was coming from Ikom side, going to Ogoja while the Sienna bus was coming from the Ogoja side to Ikom, heading to Calabar, in Cross River state.

As okada man, I was to carry a bag of cassava for someone and drop for the owner using that road.

So what happened is that I was on speed trying to climb the hill on that road. Then a sienna was climbing the hill too but a bit distance from me. That is, I was behind the Sienna from a distance. The trailer was coming down from the hill. What I would say is that the trailer failed brake and lost control too and rammed into the Sienna bus that was climbing the hill even though the bus driver tried to dodge it. I don't know how it is called in English that part of the road that has this natural deep pit from both sides of the road, that if a car by mistake leave the main road into the pit, the car will likely summersault many times before it will get to the bottom of the pit. I don't know how else to explain this better but it was that kind of place that the accident happened. So from what I can say is that, the truck driver was trying to avoid falling into the pit but wanted to control the vehicle till it will stop by itself on a flat land but unfortunately he rammed into the bus that was coming in front of it, dragged it down the hill as it was going till the flat land, killing the occupants. As the bus was been dragged down, I could hear the people in the bus shouting. A very terrible accident scene that nobody would wish to experience in life.

So as I saw the truck dragging the bus down on speed, closing up with me, and if my choice was to turn 360 and run, I would have been caught up in it. Instead, my mind quickly told me, to avoid being consume, drive into the pit, which I did, jumped out of the bike as it was going down the pit while I was also rolling down on my own, hitting myself from one tree to the other, and at the same time, trying to hold anything to stop myself, untill I was stop by a tree. I can't tell how the bike stopped by itself but it took the help of others to bring the bike out from the bottom of the pit.

Though I have wounded myself internally and physically, but is far better than those who unfortunately lost their dear lives. I believe God just wanted to give me another chance to live and testify His goodness.

The bike is seriously damaged and will require a lot to fix it. Same thing with my health. Still, i remain thankful to God for sparing my life even though for now, I'm in bad health condition and my source of survival which is the bike is gone too. He will restore all for me, amen.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

This is just Nairaland testimony, By the grace of God, once I can, I will do a proper one in church.

So brothers and sisters, help me thank God for sparing my life in the face of a fatal accident.

God bless you all and may you never die on road accident or experience it.
Thank God for your life sir.
I say big Amen to your prayers sir.
I wish you quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Bluntemperor: 7:32am On Apr 14, 2023
LongLife4all:

Thank you very much.

It is those that passed through the gate of hell and back to life that knows how to Praise the Almighty most!
I thank God for bro, serve him more!

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Dexy4yah(m): 7:33am On Apr 14, 2023
The guy in that black suit is actually my course mate. Am still finding it hard to get over all this.
Kelvin may your soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 7:41am On Apr 14, 2023
This post Reeks of insensitiveness and selfishness. While u should count urself lucky to be alive its selfishness to think God saved u and allowed others to die.

U see, the moment u make it sound like someone (God) has a hand in it, thats where u start sounding like others deserved to die.

And why hypocritically say, its not like u are special blah blah blah... Why will God allow others to die and save u if u are not special?

Pls take some time out and mourn the people who died... Think of their loved ones who will suffer and reflect on what ur family would have gone tru if u had died with them, cause u could just have been one of them..

And oh, u are still gonna die anyways... No God freaking cares if u are alive or dead

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2023
Dexy4yah:
The guy in that black suit is actually my course mate. Am still finding it hard to get over all this.
Kelvin may your soul rest in peace

And people are here celebrating this sad incident because of one person that survived.

I lost my fiance af few years ago in accident that took over a hundred lives... The only guy that survived always post his 'thank God for survival' testimony everyyear like a birthday for such a terible incident.

Imagine how he selfishly reminds thousands of people of their loved ones that could have survived like him. He torments me every year and i have reached out to him to stop celebrating such a painful moment... At least he could celebrate in a more sensitive way. And not this God saved me shit

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Mpanyi: 7:53am On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:

Meaning what?
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by rejoice4eva(m): 7:53am On Apr 14, 2023
Thank God for keeping you. May His protection never departs from you.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Mpanyi: 7:57am On Apr 14, 2023
OGwales:
Yeye... But same God couldn't saved the remaining 6 right? Mtcheew. LAS las everybody go still die.

Anyways, RIP to the dead ones.

It's up to you to know why or you continue wallowing in foolishness thinking you know something
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:04am On Apr 14, 2023
Mpanyi:

Meaning what?
Meaning that he will SURELY die one day.
Even Lazarus who was raised from the dead still died.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Mpanyi: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:
Meaning that he will SURELY die one day.

Seems you like death? Please choose life.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2023
Mpanyi:

It's up to you to know why or you continue wallowing in foolishness thinking you know something

He is not wallowing in foolishness, rather he is asking the right questions... Since u have found out why, why not tell him instead of insulting him.. Why did a God save the op and not others...

Peoplr died here and u are quick to dismiss them like they were animals.. Exactly, if the op had died and another survived in that accident, u wouldnt have even bothers to care but still go ahead and thank ur seemingly psycho God

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:11am On Apr 14, 2023
mutantninja:

Every living thing dies… he is lucky to still be alive even when confronted with death. While you, never confronted with a near death scenario will likely die like a chicken because your statement shows you have 0 luck
I've confronted more than one thousand death in the country where am presently residing.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Broda09: 8:14am On Apr 14, 2023
Africans and diety....SMH. So the 6 that died did what to God for him to save you and let all the rest die? Thank your good luck probably based on where in the vehicle you were seated viz a viz the point of impact.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2023
Mpanyi:

Seems you like death? Please choose life.
I rather die than living this kind of life you are living in Nigeria.

I swear..
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by KingMack(m): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2023
thank God for saving you..may he continue to protect us from unseen circumstances. IJN Amen!
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by frank317: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2023
KingMack:
thank God for saving you..may he continue to protect us from unseen circumstances. IJN Amen!

By 'us', did u include the people who died? Or they are not among the 'us' God should protect?

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by KingMack(m): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:

who be this fool wey wan dey zuzu and no get sense

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by KingMack(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2023
frank317:

By 'us', did u include the people who died? Or they are not among the 'us' God should protect?

I no get strength to dey follow you cap here...if you get energy to argue! hit my line 07058366528
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Mpanyi: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2023
frank317:

He is not wallowing in foolishness, rather he is asking the right questions... Since u have found out why, why not tell him instead of insulting him.. Why did a God save the op and not others...

Peoplr died here and u are quick to dismiss them like they were animals.. Exactly, if the op had died and another survived in that accident, u wouldnt have even bothers to care but still go ahead and thank ur seemingly psycho God

Believe whatever you want to believe. This is not any attempt to get you to change your belief.

God has created man and given man brain to conquer the world. He put him at the head of what he created. What any man (nations ) does with his brain is up to the person. That's why if one wants to commit suicide God will not stand in his way. If one wants to find out how to make an accident-free vehicle God will not stop him.

I may go on and on especially as it touches the victims and the survivors but it may not be well understood by some.

In essence what you and your friend should have done is to be happy with the person that survived while suggesting on how to make our traveling very safe, or even doing it if you guys have the power. Not to point accessing fingers at what is above you. Accident doesn't just happen. Human error is always to blame. It's never God's. You as an individual, and as a human being , has what it takes to stop that accident. So don't shy away from your responsibility as a man with such a great brain that understands everything about God and or His non-existence.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by AfahaAbia(m): 8:51am On Apr 14, 2023
theamazonguru:
I thank God for your life.

By his mercy we have not been consumed. For his compassion faileth not.
Glory be to His Holy name.

I can relate.
I am a product of God's Grace and mercy too.

This same God rescued me from the arm of death last week.
I woke up to pee. Only for me to feel some weakness and then slumped in the bathroom.

I didn't know what happened as I lost awareness of my environment.
However I heard my wife shout Jesus, and from afar off I began to journey back to reality. Saw myself on the floor but still wasn't fully aware of what just happened to me. I came back to reality after some minutes.

I give thanks to this great God.

Only a fool says there is no God.
God exists and he really cares.

Come to Jesus today.

Please go for medical check up. It could be HBP or something else
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by lamalang(m): 9:19am On Apr 14, 2023
majority of road accidents in Nigeria is cause by carelessness, if the trailer driver was carefully driving he wouldn't have end these people lives
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by YemyTemmy: 9:36am On Apr 14, 2023
LongLife4all:
Dear all, please help me praise God for sparing my life, not because I am better than those who lost their lives.

You see, some things are better imagined than experienced and what happened on Tuesday is better left as imagination than reality. For the first time I saw something coming after my life but God proved that it was not yet my time to die.

Note: I may not be able to write much as I still haven't recovered from the shock, but I just want to share how God saved me. Also, am not a good writer, so dont expect the best.

The two links attached here reported the accident. You can check them and read on.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/592848-frsc-confirms-6-dead-in-cross-river-road-accident.html

What happened is that the trailer was coming from Ikom side, going to Ogoja while the Sienna bus was coming from the Ogoja side to Ikom, heading to Calabar, in Cross River state.

As okada man, I was to carry a bag of cassava for someone and drop for the owner using that road.

So what happened is that I was on speed trying to climb the hill on that road. Then a sienna was climbing the hill too but a bit distance from me. That is, I was behind the Sienna from a distance. The trailer was coming down from the hill. What I would say is that the trailer failed brake and lost control too and rammed into the Sienna bus that was climbing the hill even though the bus driver tried to dodge it. I don't know how it is called in English that part of the road that has this natural deep pit from both sides of the road, that if a car by mistake leave the main road into the pit, the car will likely summersault many times before it will get to the bottom of the pit. I don't know how else to explain this better but it was that kind of place that the accident happened. So from what I can say is that, the truck driver was trying to avoid falling into the pit but wanted to control the vehicle till it will stop by itself on a flat land but unfortunately he rammed into the bus that was coming in front of it, dragged it down the hill as it was going till the flat land, killing the occupants. As the bus was been dragged down, I could hear the people in the bus shouting. A very terrible accident scene that nobody would wish to experience in life.

So as I saw the truck dragging the bus down on speed, closing up with me, and if my choice was to turn 360 and run, I would have been caught up in it. Instead, my mind quickly told me, to avoid being consume, drive into the pit, which I did, jumped out of the bike as it was going down the pit while I was also rolling down on my own, hitting myself from one tree to the other, and at the same time, trying to hold anything to stop myself, untill I was stop by a tree. I can't tell how the bike stopped by itself but it took the help of others to bring the bike out from the bottom of the pit.

Though I have wounded myself internally and physically, but is far better than those who unfortunately lost their dear lives. I believe God just wanted to give me another chance to live and testify His goodness.

The bike is seriously damaged and will require a lot to fix it. Same thing with my health. Still, i remain thankful to God for sparing my life even though for now, I'm in bad health condition and my source of survival which is the bike is gone too. He will restore all for me, amen.

This is just Nairaland testimony, By the grace of God, once I can, I will do a proper one in church.

So brothers and sisters, help me thank God for sparing my life in the face of a fatal accident.

So na this ur fine fresh bear bear you dey take ride okada......

On a serious note... I join you and host of others to give God all the glory, stay steadfast and never stop thanking him... Also go for full body scan and be conscious of any minor pain, internal injuries are worse but God who start a good work in you is faithful to complete it.... Wish you all the best bro

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2023
Burruchaga71:
We all will die emagter escaping death time and time again. He's testifying because he was given another chance which many didn't get.
Death is a path we all must take but we wish it would come in a peaceful, restful way at our old age.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2023
Thank God for giving you another chance.
Quick recovery
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Gajagojo: 11:01am On Apr 14, 2023
Those who died ran out of data .
You will die one day. That is the agreement
In this world 100 people die every single minute
From one reason or another. So even as I type this post hundreds are dying.
You need to die to create space for newcomers

Let us Stop all this bullshit and self deception that somehow we matter as individuals to the planet
or that God will choose you to save you. You are not that important to God
So those families who lost people should curse God?
There is nothing to celebrate in not dying.
What should be celebrated is what you do with life.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by freetheking: 11:12am On Apr 14, 2023
LongLife4all:

To Him (God) who did it, to Him be all glory now and forever Amen.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by Mode99: 11:43am On Apr 14, 2023
You are blessed

Not yet,you need to fulfill your destiny
And probably many people are waiting for you as their HELPER....you can't leave them naa ..God is the greatest!!!
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by theamazonguru(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Please go for medical check up. It could be HBP or something else

Yes I did already.
It was actually shortage of blood.
Had to take leave to attend to this health concern.

Thanks.
Re: How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) by TakeNigeriaBack: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
God save you but the foolish God forgot to save the other people. Christianity is a disease of the mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Accident On Eko Bridge In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead After. Photos / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.