Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39634 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by sync(f): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2023
You’ve never been out of the country that’s why. You are just saying this probably cos u do not have the means and opportunity yet

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
flokii:
@OP You are very okay and sound.. that's the simple truth.
It's better to stay in your country where you have privileges than to travel out and be living as second class or third class citizen.

Some left their well-paying office jobs in Nigeria to go and be packing shlt under guise of "care givers" and be washing toilets all in the name of japa.

How come it is those who pack shit alone you know? You need watch your circle.

flokii:
Most innocent blacks are in jails abroad simply because of their skin colour.. everyone automatically believes that they are guilty including the supposed learned judges and judicial system there.

Too many cons with the japa bullcrap. As they say, experience is the best teacher. It's when they get there that they know wat's up.

Is there a statistics to this or just a way to make yourself feel better than others?

flokii:
I have noticed this trend of the so called "proud to japa" geng opening youtube channels to disturb our peace.. they always have one story or complain to share.

Interesting how you follow them from channel to channel and you complain about those living their lives.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Asour: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.

Everyone are not for themselves in Naija?

Lol.

We have a communal lifestyle which is good. But so do the Europeans. You don't know because you weren't close to many.

What expands the scope of our communality is LACK!

When more Nigerians become well off, the communality would really reduce. Our communality is often an economic safety net. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm a beneficiary of this.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kehnton(m): 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

We love you too.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Dijita: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria? Usually in the US, you see taxes you pay on everything you buy. Even if you buy a $1 tomato at Walmart, you'll see the tax added to your receipt.
.if you earn $CAD50k in Canada, $CAD18K will probably go to taxes. Is this how it is in Naija?

I believe that if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better.

With the exception of those working federal, State, local government and some private organization, who are the ones paying taxes in Nigeria? Nigerians don't even pay for electricity. Lol

Most Nigerians don't pay taxes officially, but they pay it informally. Every time you want to do something you pay bribe. You put money in your account, the bank deduct every imaginable fees under the heavens. To get money from the banking hall even before the new naira palaver, you spent at least 30 minutes to 1hr unless you bribe someone. The road is so bad, tires meant for five years does not last beyond one year. You pay electricity bill for light that is not regular, you then have to supplement with generator, cost of gas and maintenance is a tax.

I always say japa is not for everyone, if you are in business and the business is prospering on its own merit , you don't have to Japa, but if you are a salary earner with a monthly salary under 2 million naira and you are under 50, if you are saying you don't have to japa when you have the opportunity, you are deceiving yourself. Most people in such category eventually regret not using the opportunity when they have it.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Zico777(m): 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
grin
ednut1:
So what should we now do Beg you to change your mind
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Starboytwo(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
I met my moms friend at a party and went to greet her. You know all those mama na, she started prayers “ wa aa lo Amerika, wa aa loh London”(you will go Amerika, you will go London) in my mind, I quickly told God, Baba, no answer this prayer ooo, just continue dey bless me dey go for Naija.

Wetin I dey find go Canada Wetin I wan go do for London??

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Dijita: 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
GboyegaD:

That is about 30% which isn't so different from what people that earn that much in Nigeria pay in taxes. It also includes both your pension contribution and retirement savings and you get back a portion of your taxes paid in tax returns. So, I do not get why you think the person is paying so much in taxes.

What percentage of his income go to fueling an maintaining his generator? What percentage went into car maintenance? what percentage went into children k-12 school fees? The taxes here take care of roads and infrastructures that Nigerians that don't pay taxes pays in other ways.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Why are you always angry whenever you feel like there are people who are not really so keen in coming abroad? Anytime you see any information that you feel look like somebody isn't trying to appreciate the level of smartness it took you guys to go abroad, you'll get angry. I know that feelings. Is like asking a Tesla user what Kind of car he drives when you can see it's a Tesla. He'll get offended you don't even recognize he drives a Tesla

Take it easy on him grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by NEROSKY(m): 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2023
My main problem in this country is the difference, useless politician/government and insecurity, other than that. The country should be one of the best, Nigeria has been going backward since 1960
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
you pay taxes in Nigeria. Do you have access to quality healthcare, roads or services The leaders and elite of Nigeria go abroad for healthcare , their kids have dual passports or live abroad. You the common man dey console himself 🤣🤣

You and I know that the main reason why many of them go abroad for medical attention is that they can afford it, not necessarily that they can't get the same treatment in Nigeria.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by isabi2lof: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
Na cold dey fear me 🤣🤣🤣

I love freedom die , I fit dey go for vacation and the rest . Make I dey enjoy my small life here
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
benzion72:
The other day I saw somebody advertising immigration to Canada with a lot of snow I laugh only an ignorant person will leave all year round summer of Nigeria to go and be living in a subzero temperature

Hahahaha, with no one to talk to! A very lonely life. Life is too short for all those nonsense

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 8:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
klawaaa:
Just leave him, let him dey everywhere on nairaland as the only GOD of japa. Everywhere has pros and cons. If they have it all in the glorify abroad they won't be looking for immigrants to come to their country as skilled workers. To get a full-stack doctor to be seen in the glorified abroad it's a difficult task, na so so physician assistant fully everywhere. Just don't pray to be a low-income earning in abroad, one would suffer for it. If someone like Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has follow follow go the abraod, he would be in the abroad working his ass out to meet up with a mortgage of 3-bedroom apartment for 25 years... Everyone path is differrnent!

Hmmm! A lots of wisdom in your post
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

People who suck Tinubu's preek cannot survive outside Nigeria. There is no free meal out here because you hailed one politician. You lots cannot survive in a merit based society.

Nigeria is more than a merit based society. Nigerians are hardworking, what is limiting many Nigerians is the limited opportunities that they have. In Nigeria, everyone provides everything for themselves and you know that.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
Killermamba:

Good one, but wait until Nigeria happens to you

USA can happen to you as well.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by slimshady1000: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
Your leaders have more than one passport. Your president, House of Assembly members, Chief justices of Nigerian courts...

All your leaders........

We hope they learn from Patriots like you.

Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
GboyegaD:

Unfortunately, you are as ignorant as your post and I do not think there is/are reasons to debate this.
If you are not an useless person you will prove me wrong
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Peskid147: 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
If your so call country @9ja is OK why is it that after retirement especially in politics all your good for nothing leaders relocate abroad to leave there lives. After the last election in Nigeria, the rigged winner of the election. Where is e till nw is e still in Nigeria.
You no what, God has just been merciful to you dat y u don't know what going on e b like say bandit Neva hold u or ur love 1 before so if u hear people talking about kidnapping and banditry you go say na scam just think twice... Something happened today in kogi state a friend in my association (photography) sokoto state zone lost his wife through child birth in sokoto state bt the baby is alive, so yesterday e decided to carry her corpse to kogi state because according to where the wife is from (igala) they don't bury the daughter outside there land.
So now e went with a friend and the ambulance driver to kogi state, then 20 minute for them to arrive the corpse's village so from no where some bandit gang just attacked them they killed the ambulance driver and and the diseased husband friend while the husband to the corpse was stabbed multiple times God so good with the injury e ran into the bush. See I tell you did is what happened today. We staying In the north can tell you that 9ja is a zoo not a place to live it is well. We the association of photographer in sokoto state are still mourning the death of a friends wife nw another story. It is well with dis country

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
GetMeRight:

You and I know that the main reason why many of them go abroad for medical attention is that they can afford it, not necessarily that they can't get the same treatment in Nigeria.
the arabs leaders can afford it more. Do they go there Abeg comot here. They go there because they know the standard here are not world class
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Joemavel(m): 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Babe, aswear u weren't the only one. A month ago I was indifferent. Like fully against japa. At my place of work I even argued with 3 guys same time last month... But fast forward to today. I've made up my mind I'm japaing as I can't live in a lawless country where lives of my fellow citizens in Benue and Kaduna are being taken daily. Election injustices. Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2023
Finestgurlie:
come and marry me
Makaveli ni
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Why are you always angry whenever you feel like there are people who are not really so keen in coming abroad? Anytime you see any information that you feel look like somebody isn't trying to appreciate the level of smartness it took you guys to go abroad, you'll get angry. I know that feelings. Is like asking a Tesla user what Kind of car he drives when you can see it's a Tesla. He'll get offended you don't even recognize he drives a Tesla
They thought na everybody no get strength to face the challenge... No be everyone be coward... They are igi da eye fo
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Ginomel(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
Spiff20:
Sometimes I wonder what you guys abroad are doing on nairaland. The grass is greener where you are, life is sweet, you are in heaven, earning well, living in the saner clime, what exactly are you doing in nairaland arguing and trying to drive home points about Japa or no Japa. Abi na boredom de worry una?

Lol. Trying to close gap. Home is greatly missed.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
you pay taxes in Nigeria. Do you have access to quality healthcare, roads or services The leaders and elite of Nigeria go abroad for healthcare , their kids have dual passports or live abroad. You the common man dey console himself 🤣🤣
How much tax do you pay ... How much ?
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria? Usually in the US, you see taxes you pay on everything you buy. Even if you buy a $1 tomato at Walmart, you'll see the tax added to your receipt.
.if you earn $CAD50k in Canada, $CAD18K will probably go to taxes. Is this how it is in Naija?

I believe that if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better.

With the exception of those working federal, State, local government and some private organization, who are the ones paying taxes in Nigeria? Nigerians don't even pay for electricity. Lol
I saw for footballers in Europe some weeks ago I wan ran madt like collect £500k some collect up to 235k from the money ... I was like we no fit do am lailai...
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Don't mind the guy

Light stable for my area still people no dey wan pay and them go on light for afternoon... Nigerians like it cheap and free
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by bluefilm: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Same here, too.

If I ever leave this Afghanistan wey I dey so to go to another country, just know that it is only for temporary things like vacation.

My love for Afghanistan na die.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by FIZZBEE: 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
GetMeRight:

Hahahaha, with no one to talk to! A very lonely life. Life is too short for all those nonsense
currently practicing lonely life here in 9na, so that by the time I enter canada, e go don master body.

Lonely Life = Peaceful Life

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Hotguy27: 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

This was me around 2010 when most of my friends traveled out and were begging me to leave Nigeria but I refused due to the love I have for Nigeria. Today, I have done what I should have done since last 13 years and obviously, I'm somehow 13 years behind in some areas but I promise to catch up in a frame of a year or 2.

You're probably still very young and have not had an opportunity to travel to developed countries.

If you taste a progressed country, you will hate Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
klawaaa:
Just leave him, let him dey everywhere on nairaland as the only GOD of japa. Everywhere has pros and cons. If they have it all in the glorify abroad they won't be looking for immigrants to come to their country as skilled workers. To get a full-stack doctor to be seen in the glorified abroad it's a difficult task, na so so physician assistant fully everywhere. Just don't pray to be a low-income earning in abroad, one would suffer for it. If someone like Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has follow follow go the abraod, he would be in the abroad working his ass out to meet up with a mortgage of 3-bedroom apartment for 25 years... Everyone path is differrnent!
bros no be you be this in 2019 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Thortp(m): 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
I hear u
TheNiceGuy:
This is trashy talk.

How's she lazy and poor with the mindset of not settling (comfortable) outside Nigeria?

Are you saying those outside are doing better than those in the country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

30 Years After, Father And Son Are Southwest Pilots / It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.