Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now (4209 Views)

Nigerians Allegedly Mocks Nigerian Girl For Forming In Eatery (see Funny Video) / Fibi Sausage Roll Expired 37 Days Ago And I Ate It / Recession: Funny Oyibo Man Refuses To Pay For Food He Ate In Owerri (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by superCleanworks(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
Mrtaye:

You mean Toby
no. Chicken George
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by grandstar(m): 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
Or11:

It's the one in Ikeja I remember, at the beginning of Toyin Street I think. Yes they had the best chicken and their chicken pie was too. Your memory is on point to remember the price of their chicken, I would never have remembered that.

Yes, the one at Toyin. I wonder why they suddenly closed?

I am actually quite good at remembering dates. Ihave 3 direct siblings in the UK and I remember the month and years they visited Nigeria for holidays, starting1994.
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Mrtaye: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
superCleanworks:
no. Chicken George
šŸ˜„šŸ˜† I gat you there
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Or11: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
grandstar:

Yes, the one at Toyin. I wonder why they suddenly closed?

I am actually quite good at remembering dates. Ihave 3 direct siblings in the UK and I remember the month and years they visited Nigeria for holidays, starting1994.

I'm not sure either. You are trying o, sometimes I forget my kids age or date of birth. Even my own date age, I get confused by a year sometimes šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by superCleanworks(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
Mrtaye:

šŸ˜„šŸ˜† I gat you there

?

1 Like

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Mrtaye: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
superCleanworks:

?
You were talking about kunta kente and I was also talking about Toby which is the name the white slave masters forced on kunta kente,you also mentioned Chicken George which are all characters in Roots.... hence we are saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Ekpekus(m): 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
thesicilian:

Your last 2 words spoilt what would have been a very good comment
Exactly... a good comment it was until the insult started flying.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by AfahaAbia(m): 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2023
Lol I never went to Chicken George tho... But I really loved their advert on TV those days especially the one with a young Regina Askia in it...

1 Like

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by superCleanworks(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
Mrtaye:

You were talking about kunta kente and I was also talking about Toby which is the name the white slave masters forced on kunta kente,you also mentioned Chicken George which are all characters in Roots.... hence we are saying the same thing

yes i know that TOBY was the name given to KUNTA with all that whipping (mehhhn! that was some badass naming ceremony grin) but the OP was talking about CHICKEN GEORGE and not TOBY. so, NO we are not talking about the same thing in reference to the topic. grin
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Mrtaye: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
superCleanworks:

yes i know that TOBY was the name given to KUNTA with all that whipping (mehhhn! that was some badass naming ceremony grin) but the OP was talking about CHICKEN GEORGE and not TOBY. so, NO we are not talking about the same thing in reference to the topic. grin
Toor šŸ™
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Mrtaye: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
superCleanworks:

He actually used chicken George eatery then to remember the Roots at that time just similar to when you listen to MC Hammer you remember the 80s/90s
Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by superCleanworks(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
Mrtaye:

He actually used chicken George eatery then to remember the Roots at that time just similar to when you listen to MC Hammer you remember the 80s/90s

no he didn't. I did. grin
and your MC Hammer example is totally parallel to the whole thing šŸ˜

1 Like

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by Mrtaye: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
superCleanworks:

no he didn't. I did. grin
and your MC Hammer example is totally parallel to the whole thing šŸ˜
Sorry you did

1 Like

Re: If You Ate In This Eatery, You Should Be Married Now by caye(m): 6:17am On May 05, 2023
Mr.Biggs had also been operating around that time, but in VI.

They have this old advert on YouTube ( 80s).
Check it out.
They were also advertising across NTA network Newsline ( with Uncle Yinka Craig R.I.P { I hope I'm correct šŸ’Æ}. That was when the late Tokunbo ƀjĆ yĆ­, Minister Abike Dabiri, Cyril Stoba, etc were active then.

Things have changed o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PIC: Meek Mill And Nicki Minaj Spotted In Ibadan / Why Am I Married? / Hilarious MEME Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.