Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? (868 Views)

What Does God Actually Do? / What Language Did God Speak During Creation? / Have You Ever Heard God Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2023
Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you?
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by Natbrowny: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
Not a catholic nor a religious fella but i helped u search 👇🏽

The Catholic Church, or the Church of Christ, always teaches us by the Spirit of the Word of God. Now, the Church has ever taught, does and will to the end teach from Scripture, that "a man may not marry his deceased wife's sister," or, which is the same thing, "a woman may not marry her sister's husband."
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 6:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Natbrowny:
Not a catholic nor a religious fella but i helped u search 👇🏽

The Catholic Church, or the Church of Christ, always teaches us by the Spirit of the Word of God. Now, the Church has ever taught, does and will to the end teach from Scripture, that "a man may not marry his deceased wife's sister," or, which is the same thing, "a woman may not marry her sister's husband."

Thanks
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by ProGSM(m): 7:29am On Apr 20, 2023
There is nothing wrong with this. I don't think the bible is against it.

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2023
ProGSM:
There is nothing wrong with this. I don't think the bible is against it.

Okay.
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2023
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2023
Before the Bible was compiled God spoke with people but after the last book of the Bible was written God said:
"NO ADDITION NO SUBTRACTION!" Revelations 22:18-19 smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by sonmvayina(m): 11:49am On Oct 15, 2023
The only way to communicate with God is through an oracle...

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MindHacker9009(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jonah 1:
5 All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.

7 Then the sailors said to each other, “Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity.” They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah. 8So they asked him, “Tell us, who is responsible for making all this trouble for us? What kind of work do you do? Where do you come from? What is your country? From what people are you?”

Acts 1:26
Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.
Is this not ifa pagan idol practice by the apostles just like the sailors did in the Book of Jonah?
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
sonmvayina:
The only way to communicate with God is through an oracle...

Oracle?
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
[quote author=MindHacker9009 post=126414821][/quote]

Do people still cast lots today?
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by sonmvayina(m): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
essentialone:

Oracle?

You watch a lot of Nollywood movies...

When there is trouble in the land and Pete Edoche calls asked the Eze nmo what is the message from God

You see chiwatali Agu doing his thing ....

And Pete Edoche calls for the messages from the Gods, and Eze nmo...and he usually gives his answer with a parable or story....

Yeah...that's what I means...

It is those parables the Jews turned into stories we read in the bible...
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Before the Bible was compiled God spoke with people but after the last book of the Bible was written God said:
"NO ADDITION NO SUBTRACTION!" Revelations 22:18-19 smiley

I wish this is true for everyone.

My own God speaks to me.

he again marks off a certain day by saying long afterward in David’s psalm, “Today”; just as it has been said above, “Today if you listen to his voice, do not harden your hearts.”
Hebrews 4 7 -8. NWT

This is your translation.
Can you see that if you don't harden your heart by erroneous teaching, you will hear Him?

The problem is not speaking, but hearing.

Hearing him today.
Today!

2 Likes

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by Anjinsan: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
Yes, he does.

Today.

This morning I was on my bed. It was 5am, sleepy eyed. I reached deep into my inner man, and I heard some instructions that made it easy to start my day.

Also, later in the morning, as I picked some verses and meditated on them.

Also, severally, during the course of this day. I retreat within, often. after a prayer, and listen to that still small voice.

To know how as a Christian, go to Google ask: questions such: Being Spirit Led.

With Love.

essentialone:
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

I wish this is true for everyone.
My own God speaks to me.
he again marks off a certain day by saying long afterward in David’s psalm, “Today”; just as it has been said above, “Today if you listen to his voice, do not harden your hearts.”
Hebrews 4 7 -8. NWT
This is your translation.
Can you see that if you don't harden your heart by erroneous teaching, you will hear Him?
The problem is not speaking, but hearing.
Hearing him today.
Today!

I listen to my own God everyday by reading the Bible! smiley
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I listen to my own God everyday by reading the Bible! smiley

Good for you. I read my Bible everyday and still listen for his voice.

Today if you will hear His voice.

Voice! voice!! voice!!!
That is your translation nah.

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

Good for you. I read my Bible everyday and still listen for his voice.
Today if you will hear His voice.
Voice! voice!! voice!!!
That is your translation nah.

My own God already completed His WORD in the pages of the Bible so reading it is the same as listening to His VOICE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

My own God already completed His WORD in the pages of the Bible so reading it is the same as listening to His VOICE! smiley

Hahahaha
Is that what you read in that passage?

I laugh in JW's paradise language.

So you are denying the word of your God in your GB's translation?
NWT! Not KJV o!

And you could be blaming Peter for denying Jesus!?
grin grin grin
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

Hahahaha
Is that what you read in that passage?
I laugh in JW's paradise language.
So you are denying the word of your God in your GB's translation?
NWT! Not KJV o!
And you could be blaming Peter for denying Jesus!?grin grin grin

It's like you've forgotten that your god differ from mine, when my own God talks i grasp the message. According to my own God the reading of His word is tantamount to listen to Him but since yours always talk to you despite having his words written down then each of his worshiper can do anything and claim it's your god that sent him to do so my own God has completed all His messages in the Bible so we are all united in doing what we read in His word! smiley
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's like you've forgotten that your god differ from mine, when my own God talks i grasp the message. According to my own God the reading of His word is tantamount to listen to Him but since yours always talk to you despite having his words written down then each of his worshiper can do anything and claim it's your god that sent him to do so my own God has completed all His messages in the Bible so we are all united in doing what we read in His word! smiley

Your translation says it is because of hardness of heart you are not hearing Him.
Is NWT corrupt also?

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
MightySparrow:

Your translation says it is because of hardness of heart you are not hearing Him.
Is NWT corrupt also?
The only proof of hearing is acting in harmony with what was heard so if you're hearing your god as you claim can you present an organized people who are unitedly acting on the word you people heard from your god?
Or your god just tell each of you contradicting things so that any of you can do whatever he or she feels in the name of your god?smiley
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by greencard: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The only proof of hearing is acting in harmony with what was heard so if you're hearing your god as you claim can you present an organized people who are unitedly acting on the word you people heard from your god?
Or your god just tell each of you contradicting things so that any of you can do whatever he or she feels in the name of your god?smiley
but God is not the god of the dead na but of the living , hence He still communicate with the living

I hear His voice In my heart. The litmus test is if what you hear differ from the biblical order, then I doubt it’s God speaking

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
essentialone:
God speaks directly to the Righteous. To the prophets of Old, He spoke messages via visions, and dreams for His people. However, to all the righteous He communicated with them via His Spirit on them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You too know grammar tantamount is a a weak equipment for the direct, real, unmistake, original.

.... because of hardness of heart....
NWT says so!?

grin

1 Like

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:06am On Oct 16, 2023
greencard:
but God is not the god of the dead na but of the living , hence He still communicate with the living I hear His voice In my heart. The litmus test is if what you hear differ from the biblical order, then I doubt it’s God speaking
There are many spirits speaking contradicting things out there {Micah 4:5} and they all pick words familiar with what people have heard before so words in different books considered holy is what they will mimick, the only way to verify if it's Satan or God is the result of what was heard, if what was heard doesn't result in oneness {1Corinthians 1:10} and peace among the worshipers then it's not the voice of our God! 1Corinthians 14:33, 40
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12am On Oct 16, 2023
MightySparrow:

You too know grammar tantamount is a a weak equipment for the direct, real, unmistake, original..... because of hardness of heart....NWT says so!?grin

Since it's the NWT only a member of the group using it can tell you what our book says if you read it a million times without consulting us it's in vain you are reading our book! Matthew 28:20 smiley
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by essentialone(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2023
Some persons get used to seeing dreams as God speaking to them.
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2023
essentialone:

Some persons get used to seeing dreams as God speaking to them.
YES!
The gods still talk to people through dreams and visions today but the God of Abraham has stopped doing that after His Son walked this planet:

Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. Hebrews 1:1-2

After Jesus' earthly ministry the God of Abraham started using only the Christian congregation to communicate with people that's why millions of Jews perished in the first century as they were listening to different Jewish Rabbis thinking their God still use various means.
And apostle Paul made it clear to everyone that even the Christian's God was using in the first century will no longer be used individually as means to communicate with people when that which is complete (Bible) comes! 1Corinthians 13:9-10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Since it's the NWT only a member of the group using it can tell you what our book says if you read it a million times without consulting us [/b]it's in vain you are reading our book! Matthew 28:20 smiley

Beloved ones,+ though I was making every effort to write YOU about the [b] salvation we hold in common,
+ I found it necessary to write YOU to exhort* YOU to put up a hard fight* for the faith+ that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.+
Jude.1.3 NWT

If your salvation, faith, experience book is uncommon. I am afraid you and your organization may not be of God.

No need for any consultation. This is plain English.
You say.....?
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2023
MightySparrow:

Beloved ones,+ though I was making every effort to write YOU about the salvation we hold in common,+ I found it necessary to write YOU to exhort* YOU to put up a hard fight* for the faith+ that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.+
Jude.1.3 NWT
If your salvation, faith, experience book is uncommon. I am afraid you and your organization may not be of God.
No need for any consultation. This is plain English. You say.....?

So why writing to the Christians if their God speaks to each and every one of them? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MightySparrow: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So why is Paul writing to the Christians if their God speaks to each and every one of them? smiley

Because you pick what you like. If you honestly read the whole argument of Paul, what is saying is very clear. Crystal clear. Going back to hardness of heart.

For all who are led by God’s spirit are indeed God’s sons.
Roman 8: 14 NWT.

How does the Spirit lead you, by putting rope on your neck like a goat?
Re: Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2023
MightySparrow:

Because you pick what you like. If you honestly read the whole argument of Paul, what is saying is very clear. Crystal clear. Going back to hardness of heart.
For all who are led by God’s spirit are indeed God’s sons.
Roman 8: 14 NWT.
How does the Spirit lead you, by putting rope on your neck like a goat?

If a father speaks to all the children one on one then there's no need for any child to pass information to others the father should speak to each and everyone of the children. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speak No Evil / How Can Someone Be Part Of D Botherhood And Earned? / Chicken Found With Id Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.