Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial (5925 Views)

Let Senate Sit While Saraki Faces His Trial – CCT / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Zahra Buhari Back On Twitter, Accuses PDP Of Hacking Into Her Twitter Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by HighChief4(m): 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
PDP, Adoke behind my trial, says Tinubu

Former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu yesterday accused Attorney-General of the Federation Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for being desperate to put him on trial for alleged operation of foreign accounts while in office.

He said the Office of the AGF is desperate to manufacture evidence against him.

He also expressed regrets that the “plotters” have the sympathetic ears of the Presidency.

Tinubu spoke for the second time in 24 hours over his trial, which begins today in Abuja at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

He declared on Monday in Lagos that he could not be intimidated.

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader’s position was contained in a statement in Abuja by his Media Office.

The statement said: “There is now very verifiable information that the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and some members in the leadership of the PDP, who may have found sympathetic ears in the presidency are behind the ongoing attempt to destabilise and drag in the mud the name of Nigeria’s leading opposition voice, Bola Tinubu.

“Presently, desperate moves are afoot by the office of the AGF to find by all means and to manufacture enough evidence to prove their case against Nigeria’s leading opposition voice, Asiwaju Tinubu, the National leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria. The resort to these subterranean moves is caused by their failure to get credible individuals to come forward as witnesses to prove their allegations.

“Another dimension of the desperate moves of these individuals includes the recent media leaks from the office of the AGF that the charges against Asiwaju Tinubu would be amended to include perjury so as to strengthen their so-called “iron-clad case” against the national leader of Nigeria’s leading opposition party, the ACN.

“Similar reports in some sponsored media also alluded to the fact that the government also plans to drag before the tribunal, three other ex- governors for alleged similar offences, a move aimed at deceiving the public that Tinubu, Nigeria’s leading opposition voice, is not being singled out.

“It is deceitful and clear subterfuge for government to continue to mouth the rule of law, while hounding political opponents and applying different standard of justice to members of the opposition while shielding its members from prosecution. Unfortunately, Nigeria’s democracy remains imperiled under the clutches of a ruling party that no longer wants to rule for 60 years but forever.

“For PDP and a government that claim they believe in the rule of law and with the Freedom of Information law in force, one would want to ask why they are more interested in publishing the list of accounts allegedly traced to Asiwaju Tinubu without disclosing how much was involved and other relevant details.

“The same act gives them the access for full disclosure. There is a clear plot to deceive the public into believing that Tinubu, Nigeria’s leading opposition leader stashed away millions in foreign bank accounts.”

The former queried why the Federal Government is squandering public funds on politically-motivated investigations.

The statement added: “In the absence of documentary and individual evidence, the government continues to squander public funds on frivolous and politically motivated investigations and trial against imaginary enemies. The public would like to know, after five years, how much has been expended on this case and what is the actual amount in question.

“Instead of focusing on strengthening the rule of law, they continue to expend their energies and public resources on silencing opposition voices. Most Nigerians suspect also that AGF Mohammed Adoke has failed repeatedly to give the President sound, professional and unbiased legal advice on matters that would have enhanced the rule of law.

“Asiwaju Tinubu, a leading opposition voice has been a consistent advocate of the rule of law and he is eagerly anxious for government to prove its case beyond reasonable doubts. Those who allege must prove.

“Asiwaju Tinubu is not perturbed, rather, he is assured that the judiciary is up to the task and will in this matter dispense justice without fear or favour.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20349-pdp-adoke-behind-my-trial-says-tinubu.html
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by werepeLeri: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
if they want to silence you, they would have done so before the elections man -

just go answer your case.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by HighChief4(m): 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^^Dont mind the old thief. We know that line before
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by russellino: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
The fact is that ALL our leaders from ALL parties are dirty its just unfortunate for tinubu that he's the only opposition to pdp. I am not a fan of the man but once there is no more opposition, pdp will go crazy
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by midep: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
Teni tode lari, ero to nbo leyin ko mura sile,
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Drdreluv: 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
mr tinubu to deny ur guilt is to double it, any way dats ur kettle of fish
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by pinkrex(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
What do we expect him to say before? undecided undecided undecided

Mtcheeew! is he really claiming innocence on this issue undecided
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Kc3000: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2011
I guess Mr. Jonathan never forgave Tinubu for calling him a 'drunk fisherman'
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
When you start pointing fingers, and accusing everybody and their mothers, it shows that your confidence isn't unmitigated.
I think Tinubu completely understands the acuteness of what he's up against, but I'm not sure if his fans share the same level of state of mind.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2011
He is feeling the HEAT. SCARED.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
Trust me, you're on point.
In fact, it was confirmed by reliable source.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Gbawe: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
jerseyboy:

Feeling what heat? Most Nigerian politician are cowards . Many of them facing a contrived effort from the PDP and the Presidency will be begging and not speaking as Tinubu does below.

“It is deceitful and clear subterfuge for government to continue to mouth the rule of law, while hounding political opponents and applying different standard of justice to members of the opposition while shielding its members from prosecution. Unfortunately, Nigeria’s democracy remains imperiled under the clutches of a ruling party that no longer wants to rule for 60 years but forever.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Kolababa: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
Your GEJ is playing a game that will consume him. Tinubu's case is a small case to his own. He never declared his asset from Bayelsa to Aso Rock. He is allowing the politicians in the PDP to push him. What goes around will surely come around to him. Write it down. Instead of the man to sit down and ignore the noises including that of opposition and face the government business, he is busy working on the script prepared to him by PDP hawks from judociary to opposition. When Fashola started in Lagos, opposition including Jimi Agbaje were critisizing him. The man did not look at their side, it was Jimi Agbaje that first commended him for his work and his work campaign for him to win second term. If GEJ faces his business and deliver, PDP doesn't need to rig election, their work will campaign for him. Those PDP hawks that lost election in the southwest and now pushing GEJ to deal with Tinubu because he made them loose election, did they perform in office? I dont know why Alao Akala will blame Tinubu for his failure. What about a governor that executed a project of N20 million and then spent N95million to commission it. He increased tuition fees three times in office aqnd he is complaining to GEJ that Tinubu is the PDP problem in the southwest.
They said the man operated a foreign account but fail to tell us or show us the statement or balance to know if he actually run the account because I reliably gathered that those accounts were opened before he became governor. When they knew there was no concrete evidence to nail this man, they hurriedly ammended the charge to false declaration. That is why the tribunal adjourned the case because there is a matter of juridiction here.
In a nutshel, GEJ should not allow these PDP hawks to push him. These were the people pushing Abacha to be misbehaving because Abacha I knew was before a nice and cool headed man but when these hawks who now form the majority of PDP stalwarts misled him, he fumbled and these people later came around calling Abacha a maximum dictactor. I am sure if power goes back to the north later, these people will collude with IBB, Atiku etc and you will see they will start calling Jonathan anti north or somebody who betrayed the north. They may even call him anti zoning.
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
@GBAWE:
I can not blame you for doing what a loyal fan should be doing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping hope alive, but when I speak, it is always necessary to check the root of my post before opposing my comments. This root is pretty much exhaustive.
Tinubu is currently not a happy man, he's completely flustered.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2011
Your GEJ is playing a game that will consume him. Tinubu's case is a small case to his own. He never declared his asset from Bayelsa to Aso Rock. He is allowing the politicians in the PDP to push him. What goes around will surely come around to him.
In a normal circumstance, this is true, but in Nigeria things are done totally differently.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by EkoIle1: 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
Big B1:

@GBAWE:
I can not blame you for doing what a loyal fan should be doing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping hope alive, but when I speak, it is always necessary to check the root of my post before opposing my comments. This root is pretty much exhaustive.
Tinubu is currently not a happy man, he's completely flustered.

What's their to check? All you've been spewing from thread to thread remains your personal opinion, nothing rooted in any fact or any prevailing sense.

You are entitled to your opinion, but try as much as possible not to peddle and paint your opinions as Mount Rushmore

You know Tinubu is not happy and flustered because you are sitting right next to him as we speak, because he confided in you personally or your are just basically running your mouth off just to let us no you hate Tinubu too? Is your opinion really Gospel or fact?

This is why it's always hard to take you people seriously,

Hating Tinubu on NL is nothing new, dispense off the double ID and gladly join your crew.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by lagcity(m): 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2011
make una quote me on this, nothing will happen to Tinubu. Papa Jona and all the PDP put together no get the balls to ruffle Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2011
make una quote me on this, nothing will happen to Tinubu. Papa Jona and all the PDP put together no get the balls to ruffle Tinubu.
I share the same conclusion with you. In fact, the goal is not to get rid of Tinubu, but to simply slow him down by clipping his wings. When this happens, Fashola will govern Lagos state a bit more effectively and other knowledgeable/ educated Nigerians within ACN party will have a chance to voice their opinion without being intimidated.
I think pretty soon, Tinubu's struggle will move away from PDP and reside within ACN party.
Something is also certain, Tinubu's family members will mostly not openly contest for any position during the next election; I think he has learned his lesson.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by EkoIle1: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
Big B1:

I share the same conclusion with you. In fact, the goal is not to get rid of Tinubu, but to simply slow him down by clipping his wings. When this happens, Fashola will govern Lagos state a bit more effectively and other knowledgeable/ educated Nigerians within ACN party will have a chance to voice their opinion without being intimidated.
I think pretty soon, Tinubu's struggle will move away from PDP and reside within ACN party.
Something is also certain, Tinubu's family members will mostly not openly contest for any position during the next election; I think he has learned his lesson.

what lesson are you talking about precisely?

Btw, you mean the ACN is void of knowledgeable and educated nigerians

You really are getting carried away with your rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
I guess Mr. Jonathan never forgave Tinubu for calling him a 'drunk fisherman'
I think what is going on here is a bit bigger that Jonathan.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2011
Sorry guy, no discussion with a jejune fellow
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by hbrednic: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
hey mr tinubu blame it on the rain too
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^^^^ grin
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by EkoIle1: 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2011
Big B1:

Sorry guy, no discussion with a jejune fellow
what is more juvenile than spewing rubbish and ridiculous nonsense that you can not prove or even stand by?
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by RickyRoss1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2011
High_Chief:

PDP, Adoke behind my trial, says Tinubu

Former Lagos State Governor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu yesterday accused Attorney-General of the Federation Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for being desperate to put him on trial for alleged operation of foreign accounts while in office.

He said the Office of the AGF is desperate to manufacture evidence against him.

He also expressed regrets that the “plotters” have the sympathetic ears of the Presidency.

Tinubu spoke for the second time in 24 hours over his trial, which begins today in Abuja at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

He declared on Monday in Lagos that he could not be intimidated.

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader’s position was contained in a statement in Abuja by his Media Office.

The statement said: “There is now very verifiable information that the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and some members in the leadership of the PDP, who may have found sympathetic ears in the presidency are behind the ongoing attempt to destabilise and drag in the mud the name of Nigeria’s leading opposition voice, Bola Tinubu.

“Presently, desperate moves are afoot by the office of the AGF to find by all means and to manufacture enough evidence to prove their case against Nigeria’s leading opposition voice, Asiwaju Tinubu, the National leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria. The resort to these subterranean moves is caused by their failure to get credible individuals to come forward as witnesses to prove their allegations.

“Another dimension of the desperate moves of these individuals includes the recent media leaks from the office of the AGF that the charges against Asiwaju Tinubu would be amended to include perjury so as to strengthen their so-called “iron-clad case” against the national leader of Nigeria’s leading opposition party, the ACN.

“Similar reports in some sponsored media also alluded to the fact that the government also plans to drag before the tribunal, three other ex- governors for alleged similar offences, a move aimed at deceiving the public that Tinubu, Nigeria’s leading opposition voice, is not being singled out.

“For PDP and a government that claim they believe in the rule of law and with the Freedom of Information law in force, one would want to ask why they are more interested in publishing the list of accounts allegedly traced to Asiwaju Tinubu without disclosing how much was involved and other relevant details.

“The same act gives them the access for full disclosure. There is a clear plot to deceive the public into believing that Tinubu, Nigeria’s leading opposition leader stashed away millions in foreign bank accounts.”

The former queried why the Federal Government is squandering public funds on politically-motivated investigations.

The statement added: “In the absence of documentary and individual evidence, the government continues to squander public funds on frivolous and politically motivated investigations and trial against imaginary enemies. The public would like to know, after five years, how much has been expended on this case and what is the actual amount in question.

“Instead of focusing on strengthening the rule of law, they continue to expend their energies and public resources on silencing opposition voices. Most Nigerians suspect also that AGF Mohammed Adoke has failed repeatedly to give the President sound, professional and unbiased legal advice on matters that would have enhanced the rule of law.

“Asiwaju Tinubu, a leading opposition voice has been a consistent advocate of the rule of law and he is eagerly anxious for government to prove its case beyond reasonable doubts. Those who allege must prove.

“Asiwaju Tinubu is not perturbed, rather, he is assured that the judiciary is up to the task and will in this matter dispense justice without fear or favour.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20349-pdp-adoke-behind-my-trial-says-tinubu.html

This Tinubu man is a common thief and MUST face the music. Many Nigerians are fools, always supporting criminals simply because he is from their tribe. When Orji Uzo Kalu was accused years ago many Igbos started shouting, claiming OBJ was intimidating Kalu bla bla bla. When Ibori was arrested we all know how many Niger Deltans kicked against it, claiming the government must bring the other corrupt governors to book before arresting Ibori.

What am I trying to say? Lets call a spade a spade. If my papa thief and you have evidence abeg nail him sharp sharp, I will never support a criminal simply because he is from my tribe or somehow related to me, TINUBU IS GUILTY AS CHARGED,
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by moderatorr: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
tinubu tried to drag GEJ into the whole matter by using the phrase 'sympathetic ears of the presidency'. Roflmao. See implicating grammer.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Kolababa: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2011
See a big fool "TINUBU IS GUILTY AS CHARGED".
Are you the judge?
An accused is presumed innocent until when found guilty by a court.
The hatred you have for Tinubu has even turned you to an intellectual slowpoke.
Because of daft like you we are advocating that police should not parade a robbery suspect until the person is convicted.
Look at this case, a pastor was mistaken for a robbery suspect and he was paraded. It was later the court discharged and acquinted him after the church congreation has deserted the church. What I am saying is that anybody that concluded during tje trial of this man that he was an armed robber has commited a sin against him and God.
So Mr Nairaland Chief Judge, watch your tongue.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
Tinubu completely understands what is about to irrupt, but his fans are still in fantasy island.
What is here is not foreign accts alone.

We shall all see.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by meksroland: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
what does your fraudulent accusations got to do with the opposition, you did the same to Bode George, so face yours now from opposition. is turn by turn, by the time you become ex-convict, you will be silence forever
remember also that death is also a price we must all  pay one day cos you thought you will live forever, Mumu
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by BigB11(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
And who can blame them? There is a simple reason why they are called fans.
Hence, ain't nothing wrong with them hoping for the best.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by Anvaller: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2011
Kolababa:

Those PDP hawks that lost election in the southwest and now pushing GEJ to deal with Tinubu because he made them loose election, did they perform in office? I dont know why Alao Akala will blame Tinubu for his failure. What about a governor that executed a project of N20 million and then spent N95million to commission it. He increased tuition fees three times in office aqnd he is complaining to GEJ that Tinubu is the PDP problem in the southwest.

They said the man operated a foreign account but fail to tell us or show us the statement or balance to know if he actually run the account because I reliably gathered that those accounts were opened before he became governor. When they knew there was no concrete evidence to nail this man, they hurriedly ammended the charge to false declaration.

@ Kolababa

Check the bolded in the 1st paragraph, do u believe that? C'mon, tell me NO!!! I am sure that u cant be so dumb. Don't u know about the run down strategy in politics? If u do not run your opposition down u may fail at your attempt at booting him out considering the power of incumbency. If it was true, why has ACN not even written a petition against that? 95M to commission 20M project and Oyo ACN has not filed a single petition to the EFCC? U are a joker.

Check the bolded in the second paragraph, what they did was actually not amendment as u want to believe but addition to the count of the charges it is not abnormal if they are coming up with after-thought charges. Check most cases in Nigeria, lawyers are always coming with extra exhibits that were never stated in the original application. It is now left to the judge to accept or reject such. Tinubu is yet to argue against the accusation that he failed to declare those accounts even if there was zero amount in them (that is the principal count against him). He knew quite well that it was unconstitutional thing to do. Why did he not declare them?

Many like u have argued that it is mere witch hunting to want to punish Tinubu of that offence because many other politicians are equally guilty of same. The point is if the court finds him guilty and charged, it will be setting a good precedent in the judiciary to equally charge other accuse where similar evidences have been presented against them.

It is a pity that many like u look at things thru the eyes of sentiment.
Re: Tinubu Accuses PDP And AGF As Plotters Of His Trial by xandy84: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2011
i though this Tinubu guy was a superman , After raking in much money this is the time to go to jail and be silence atleast for the rest of his life, This life is too short, Bode and gone and back, time for Tinubu joooor

(1) (2) (Reply)

ACN, ANPP, CPC To Form New Party In 2013 / Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria / Boko Haram Releases New Video, Shekau Still Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.