Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,647 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males (8603 Views)

6 Quick Ways To Handle Breakups / Who Handles Breakups Easier! / Hilarious Breakups Via Letter And Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Onlytruth(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posted by: pro01

Specious argument. It might seem true only because most guys are strugglers, ('losers' if you prefer) who make the fatal mistake of investing their emotions - and limited resources - in 'loving' a girl they think might be difficult to replace. More often than not, girls realize they are doing such guys a favour by dating them - and they do not love the guy as deeply as he loves them. So whenever she decides to opt out and go for 'greener pastures', the poor guy often finds it difficult to overcome his grief. I don't know too many rich or well to do guys (in Nigeria at least) that waste time trying to overcome a so-called break-up: more often than not, they do the breaking up sef. Besides a beautiful girl is probably the easiest and cheapest thing to get for the average rich dude here. Why cry over something you can so effortlessly replace? So basically, post-break up trauma is mainly a struggling/broke guy problem; naija girls are quite merciless when they're in a 'relationship' with this sort of guy. But there is a way to prevent this.

The remedy for this heartbreak of a thing is simple: Never love a girl more than she loves you. In fact, never love her at all sef. Liking her - in as temporary a manner as possible - is sufficient. Emotional indifference is such a powerful tool that makes you immune to the bullshyte of most of these fickle girls. But as long as you prefer to love a girl deeply rather [size=14pt]than face the more meaningful task of making money[/size], you would grieve deeply sooner or later.

Dude, are you Aristotle or Socrates mehn?! You are a pure genius!  cool
All the bolded are only issues involved.
Thanks for your lecture.

My name is Onlytruth, and I endorse this message.  cool cool cool
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Onlytruth(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by sicily4u: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
the answer is obvious , is just like asking male and female who like sexx most
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by horny4u(f): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2011
When someone you love rejects breaks up with you.
Some chemical reactions take place and you release Norepinephrine + Cortisol= Depression.
Chocolates , pomegranate and some other feel good food helps or simply get depression medication for the numbness and pain you are feeling.

As a woman you can talk to a trusted friend about it and as you talk about it and cry in a darkened room and not have your bath for 5 days straight or eat anything but chocolate, it begins to feel better. No matter how many fine rich men want you , they just ain't good enough. You start think of redesigning your nose.

As a man you may not be able to talk to your friends as they may laugh at you so you sit in your room and put " Joe's why are all the good girls taken all the time on repeat"
You go to online forums and look for help and think hard how you can get her back

In conclusion both parties get this chemical reaction but one as a better support team.

There is more than one person for any person so NEXT!

Try and suffer in dignity then go out and have fun, more fishes in the river
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by ksam(m): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2011
Its easy for a guy to tell his friends he f*cked a girl but very difficult for a girl to tell her friends she's being bleeped.why?
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by agnesefe: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2011
The party most pained is the one who invested more-materially and/or emotionally; the most naïve and overweening-the majority which are first time females- succumb, with the gravest and embittered response to the other and collective, or are thrust into a recoil and distrust of that set, hence the tendency to exact a “just” pound of flesh on the next, would be victim-which are hardly ever difficult to come by. On the other hand, where weighed resources were involved, which are majorly, males, the response is a deep loathe and rue on unfulfilled intentions and expectations- sly or noble- and, could well explain the heightened aggression, manifest in later engagements -in sum, we are products of our previous experience.

Now, since popular take on “relationships” is fashioned after some implied or expected transaction, the latter is given, more, to privation than the former, and would only learn with bald or realized bankruptcy from continued indulgence in the trade.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nayah(f): 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
My dear you can not really say this, a lot of women suffered because men usually don't show off their pain, and a lot of guys are unfaithful so women might really have pb to handle break up; it really depends of the situation, you can not take this statement a generality brother
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by kushe: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
@OP

U need a massive doe of that drug called 'GAME' . In 2011,crying over woman ? do ppl like u still exist ? how old are u by the way ?

the senselessness in the world is the myriad options available to men and not the other way round.i wld hav thought a guy will be confued cos of too many chicks and not cos one waka.any girl who wakas senselessly will eventually get dumped and like a dog will return to her vomit.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by tEsLim(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
It all depends on situation and circumstances and the type of guy you talking about. I live life as it come and I'm more into plural relationship. I've never been really single since I started dating and never really been with one partner at a time in my whole enter life. If I do it would be that I have someone I'm committed to; and then someone else on the queue who is just a potential girlfriend (who puts the main girlfriend on check; i didn't care if they knew each other). Though one time I took a break for say 3years after my first son.  grin . So when someone breaks up with me or I do there is someone in the queue who was Assistant Girlfriend who will now be promoted to Girlfriend. I know i'm bleeped up but dont judge me. Hit the ball not the player.

But still with this strategy I had this girl one time that I didn't have time for but we was kinda dating I like her because she was this homely good girl and she'd always complained about me not caring and not being there. Well one day she met a guy that was all the way there and she just told me straight up she moved on. I was shocked at this innocent omo-mummy girl now coming out bold and telling me its over and nothing i can do about it. That was the first time i felt anything sad . Maybe because i under-estimated her and all that , but then I always still remember that that was the only girl that broke up with me and I almost cried.  I see it all as a game , dont bash me. But well my game works for me. Self check: I think i'm one insecure ba.star.d

Someone said "The power of relationship is in the hands of who cares less"

By the way , all these ladies I've met always get fond of me and like me real hard, just to later find out that i'm a screwed up mo.t.herfucker thats just cool but got different philosophy about love and trust. I'm open though , very open to ideas.  Wondering if I attempt to fall in love maybe there would be a girl that will come and revenge for all the other girls I've gone through sad , so the game gotta just keep going on like that!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by deandavid(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
the truth is it is a two way thing,if d guy bresks up with girl,d girl is hurt more and feels it for a very long tym,but if its d other way round d guy feels it more,so no body is having advantage in male or female handling break ups,jst pray u dnt b in d receving end.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by nypha: 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
Who handles brake-up better depends on how involved you were, how the brake-up occured, or if there are loved ones around to cheer you up and keep you going.

We can't really advice on not being truely involved in a relationship. One thing I know is that, if you find yourself in a brake-up, do not allow it to take the good part of you.
If your partner is gone and you understand that there is no coming back together, then pull yourself together and go out there where there is someone new to spice up your life.
Sometimes, brake-up is good in life because, it helps us stay on track. No judging yourself if you are doing the right thing.

Male or female, keeping side attractions ( sports, extra-relationships, extra curricular activities and individual social life different from that of our partner) helps us stay less emotionally dependant to a partner, and helps cure brake-up depression quicker than necessary.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by moonraker(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ OP

Remember how you were taught in biology class that females mature faster than males??

yep, yur bio teacher wasnt wrong at all. Its not that females handle breakups were, its their

ability to jump to the next big thing that is baffling. True Story
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Tingles(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
Girls don't really love (assuming love exists).
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by warrior101: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2011
yes because we(men) are their scapegoat, Na we take the love matter serious pass. So them dey fit read us before the breakup,
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2011
Naturally, whoever does the breaking up is less affected by it. It's not necessarily a female or male thing.
And since, as you say, females are most like to trigger it, the stats will reflect what you see now.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by jehrey01(m): 11:02pm On Sep 22, 2011
Neither of the sex is strong when LOVE is truely involved, It could wreck a man to see the person he loves the most breaking his heart, and vice-versa! Emotions does not know ur sex!!!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by claremont(m): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males?

A confident assertion, BUT no iota of evidence whatsoever to prove if its actually true; therefore, it's a false statement!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by annita19(f): 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
I believe it's because we let our feelings out. We get all the hurt and anger out of our systems so in the end we feel better. Men on the other hand keep it bottled up inside so it eats away at them for years.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Sike(m): 11:32pm On Sep 22, 2011
ksam:

Its easy for a guy to tell his friends he f*cked a girl but very difficult for a girl to tell her friends she's being bleeped.why?
Another question for another Day!!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by busygirl(f): 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2011
I must agree with 2buff. Whoever does the breaking up is less affected by it. This is very true. Someone also mentioned that the party that invests more,suffers more. This is very correct. As we all know that no break-up is ever amicable, someone WILL definately HURT. As for the theory about women, it is not exactly what it seems on the surface. I haven't quite recovered from my last relationship which ended close to 6-7 months ago. I try to be a very strong person on the outside but inside me is not the case. I cry myself to sleep occasionally, but in the morning I will have the biggest smile and act like everything is o.k. I cry not because I want him back, it is just the rejection that hurts. I am not in a hurry to move on, and I somehow enjoy crying because I feel better afterwards. Most women are strong enough to pretend, that doesn't mean we don't hurt. Just like I said earlier, the way the trauma will be handled is totally dependant on who left who.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2011
Oh Mr Poster why dont u back up ya Notion with a concrete evidence!!

I think we the Guys stomach n deal with breakups berra, though the scars n memories could stil be there but i tell u a bottle of Beer and relaxing under an Air conditioner to watch Soccer gets Us thinking whos the next Nyansh gonna be!
grin wink
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2011
Ofcourse everyone knows that whoever does the breaking up is less affected (male or Female), Thought we were discussing who handle's being dumped better? Male or Female?  Or am i lost here?
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by lagcity(m): 12:33am On Sep 23, 2011
i can't speak for naija, but in America, it is usually men who jump off the brooklyn bridge becos of their wives or girlfriends, ok. the real question is: do men kill themselves because of heartbreak/love or because of Alimony and child support or because the wifey took away the house you bought with your sweat and blood?
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 23, 2011
@pro01, it is true! That is what I do to stay alive and make money.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Goldenheart(m): 5:02am On Sep 23, 2011
partially untrue,
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by Kazeem101: 6:37am On Sep 23, 2011
Come on, shut up. Women handle it the worst. Crying and making a scene  is nothing new for women. I've seen clips on youtube of those "African American" women killing their own children just to get back at the men that left them.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by itiswell1(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2011
Have you ever seen a heart broken man before, you will wonder what the h3ll is wrong with his world. Some of them take it to the extreem. But on the average, i feel ladies handle it worse.
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by IbroSaunks(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2011
I only agree with the last paragraph too,
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by antonion(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2011
sexkillz:

cool

YOU TALKING RUBBISH YOU WILLL NEVER SEE A MAN LOOSING IT WHEN HE BRAKE UP OR DIVORCE , LADIES ARE SO WEAK THEY CAN'T EVEN PUT IT TOGETHER .

MAN IS STRONGER THAT'S UR BLOODY FANSTACY
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by qpressng(f): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2011
That was about the best discovery since Mongo Park discovered River Niger, so true and factual. It happens everyday and there is no end in sight.
Kudos!
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by roymary: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2011
Re: Females Handle Breakups Better Than Males by helphelp: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2011
"Not completely true. . . .Women are more emotional than men. . . .I have seen and heard of more women commit suicide because they were jilted than men, I have only heard of one case where a guy committed suicide because he was jilted, have heard many cases of women killing themselves because they were jilted. . . ."

This one that this Mazaje knows lots of peeps that committed suicide, lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Ladies Disgrace Themselves Publicly After Fighting Over A Man In Public.PICS / Caught On Camera: See Two Club Girls Smooching And Kissing In Lagos / Reasons Couples Should Shower Together Every Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.