Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) (36678 Views)

Prof. Njoku Sex-For-Mark Video: IMSU Students To Face IGP / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) / 100 Students Caught As UNILAG Begins Testing Students For Hard Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Naijalarry: 11:10am On Apr 21, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZox1Q1stM

Some police officers in Owerri, Imo State capital have physically assaulted and brutalised some students of Imo State University (IMSU) for allegedly refusing to submit their mobile phones to the officers to be searched.

In a 45-second long footage of the incident, the police officers could be seen dragging and tearing the clothes of the victims while slapping, hitting and cutting them with a machete.

It was gathered from the video recorded by some residents of the area that the police officers who operated in a deep red Toyota Sienna minivan stormed the compound where the students live and started brutalising them without explaining what their offences were.

Speaking in pidgin English, one of the residents who recorded the incident said, “See how he is cutting him with cutlass. Which kind of thing is this? See what police are doing. They came inside someone’s compound. See what police are doing in Owerri. These guys didn’t do anything. They (police) run into the compound.”

A Twitter user, @ebe_tins who shared the video online said, “These are Imo state university students who police are assaulting because they refuse to give out their phones to search.”

Reacting to the incident, the Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Henry Okoye, said the state police command was aware of the incident and that investigation was ongoing to identify the officers.

Asking the victims of the incident to contact the state police command, Okoye said, “This is totally unacceptable, it's not our standards.

“Imo Police Command is aware of this obscene video and we are currently investigating to identify the team of officers.

“The victims of this harassment are encouraged to reach me via 08148024755.

“Justice must prevail!!”

Source- https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/21/nigeria-policemen-brutalise-imo-state-university-students-refusing-allow-access-their

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by otuomasirichi: 11:11am On Apr 21, 2023
😎

To slap Police dey hungry me.

The same police that refused to arrest Mc Oluomo and his thugs when they snatched ballot boxes during the just concluded Gubernatorial election in Lagos state, that produced Sanwoolu Via Rigging ☝️

226 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by donbachi(m): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2023
Dismissal from police,the only option.others will learn

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Zonefree(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2023
Same policemen will see men with arms, they go japa. Imo prisons is just one pole close to their headquarters yet men still burst the prison free prisoners. My former police neighbor no go work for two days after the incident. Cowards!

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Ever8090: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2023
Very soon, Nigerian youths will start killing this ones again and people will start pitying them....just look at the set of idiots!!!

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Feintline: 11:19am On Apr 21, 2023
Following the shameful tweet from the lagos state police to David hundeyin yesterday.

If not that I know and have come across some principled and disciplined police officers, I would called for a change of name to the NIGERIA DRUG POLICE.
This is how shameful and low we have gone as a nation.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Ihateheadslamer: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2023
#EndPolicebrutality protests go soon be the order of the day tongue

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by yarimo(m): 11:44am On Apr 21, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by tommy589(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2023
Very wicked

One on one and without weapon, I bet most of the idiots manhandling those two students would chop grass easily

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2023
I see those policemen going to jail.

This I have seen.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by bigdammyj: 11:50am On Apr 21, 2023
Noted.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by PulaPower: 11:51am On Apr 21, 2023
Hardly will you see these things happening in the north. It has to be southern police.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by inoki247: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2023
Lol he no go trend bkuz of where he happen....

Nigerian police no dey get sense dey keep doing same jargons everyday ....

I think dere should be a law any Police or military that harrass the citizens should be sentence to death....

Maybe this will work....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Onyeigbo10000: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2023
Useless Nigeria police... No Police man has the right to search your phone, your mobile phone is your privacy. Let us protect our privacy.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by iCauseTrouble: 11:52am On Apr 21, 2023
I think the punishment for illegal checking of phones and assault by the Nigeria Police Force should be outright dismissal.
Check people's phone and be dismissed!
Assault civilians and be dismissed!
This will drastically reduce this Police Brutality

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Chetas81(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2023
What difference between the street madman and the Nigerian police

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Nackzy: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2023
totally wrong

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by Way4orward: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Dem want start again

2 Likes

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by KnowledgePower7: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2023
I'm currently knacking a police man daughter. She likes BDSM so I tie her up and flog her
She enjoys it
Nothing good comes from being a police
They are just cursed
Their children cursed
Look at the police man daughter banging. She is dumb like her father she like to knack and do weed.
She like to be tied up in sex and beaten
Very useless girl, na her pussy I need.
Bang her and dismiss her back to her worthless family

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by flexyrule(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Three wrongs don't make it right.

1. Not allowing the police search your phone - Well, in this zoo we find ourselves in, It's better you hand over the phone peacefully to be searched, than be molested and make the news. Except if you have something you're hiding. Only a fool argues with a man holding a gun. Call me a coward, I gree, but oh please! We've fought wars that made no sense in the past and nothing ame out of it aside the scores.

2. F*ck the po-po - The po-po are always wrong! But it's a dog eat dog world. The earlier you realise this, the better. They'd screw you up and still get away with it.

3. Mind your f*cking business - I'd shut my windows and turn on my TV if this scene appeared in my backyard. Police are killers. The students who made this videos have probably involved themselves in the dog-eat-dog fight.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) by zombieHUNTER: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Thieves in uniform