Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,201 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? (33569 Views)

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
Dijita:
If you are a student in Lagos, Ilorin, or Delta please let me know how much you spend per week or per month. If you are a parent you can respond with how much you give your ward. I am sponsoring five kids, I pay their school fees and other major expenses like hostel, handouts and clothing at the beginning of the school year. I provide for their monthly feeding allowances. Those in Lagos I give #30,000 monthly and those outside Lagos I give #25,000.
I am considering bumping them by #5000 each but don't want to over do it as 4 to 5 students will be joining them next year if they all get admission. I want them to be comfortable without stressing myself.

Please serious answer
Thanks

Your types are the ones making life unbearable for other people who wants to live a Simple Life.

How can any SANE Human be sponsoring more than Five Adults singlehandedly in the year 2023.

Only the Universe knows the length you usually go to make money in order to meet Up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
Well I sha spend 12-20k daily sha ( both food, data and other miscellaneous ) grin

Fuel for Car and Generator nko?
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:

Some POS business make around 400k in a month depends on the location and your capital . Infact some make around 600k ( selling phone accessories and charging join ). Don’t argue .
And some have more than 1stand.

These types of Outlets no reach 30% all over the Country.

Naso money easy to Make wey all Nigerians never turn Millionaire😂
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
greggng:

I am not hear to brag or insult anyone . I am painting the picture of the Nigerian reality. Kudos to you if you belong to the lucky 5 percent that earn higher in Nigeria.

I am.not against how people spend there money inasmuch as is legit money . 500k graduates applied for 30k npower job....The level.of unemployment in Nigeria is so high. If 95 percent of Nigerians are earning below 150k ....out of it they pay rent , bills and school fees ...from.which savings will they be spending 50k a week. I have seen a man that earns 250k a month and two of his kids are in covenant University. I am aware of corrupt that happens in work places ...some can even make more than 400k proceed from corruption in there work places ...That is not an ideal situation . The point I am.making which you misunderstood is that we don't have to use the standard from the 5 percent that earns 800k ...

Finally , I am not as poor as you think I am ...but I look at things from a realistic point of view . Many have your kind of skill yet they can't find a job . People that know me cannot call me poverty striken person...I live you to your ignorance sponsored by Internet.

It's very obvious the Monicker you quoted is a very Stupeed and Uncoouth Being.

You are correct on your Assertions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
mdsne:
3k weekly

You don't mean it😂
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
nedekid:

Hmm, it is by levels oh. That 2m some spend it daily sef.
Those days 2 different men I visited their houses, to eat it is complete animal that will be on the table. If it is goat, one whole goat, ram, I complete ram on the table. One man in Benin back then, only him was about to eat when we stopped by. On that table, there was over 15 dishes, like buffet. That was the first time I ate banga soup. Over 10 different soupsl in those kind of serving pots kings use that look Arabian. Stock fish, obokun, beef, assorted, bushmeat, snail, etc. On the middle of the table was a whole goat. Just for 1 man to eat lunch. I had never seen that kind of thing in my life.

Yeah i can relate.

The thing is they wouldn't even be able to consume 10% of the whole food.

Some of these people are people who have experienced extreme poverty. So when they hit it big. They will want to enjoy to Stupor. Some people who met money at home does this too. But it's very common with people who have tasted Poverty.

That's why you see some of them battling with all sort of diseases with their GeePee Tank Stomach😂

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
kkins25:
Funny how iI can't answer this question, bexause, I've never lived alone 😭😭😭.. Even during university days. I turned family man since 15 years of age.

Wereeey😂

Na Mangohead you give Belle abi😂

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Cooolme: 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pcstradamus:
You are a liar. Why would you be fueling your gen N1,500 every day? Is that your house don’t have Nepa? Why would a young man be eating 3 times a day? Are you a Yahoo boy?
No, this is my 5th year in my school area and we've not seen NEPA light that lasted up to 2week in total.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by kkins25(m): 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Wereeey😂

Na Mangohead you give Belle abi😂
U wan koba me abi? 😂.
At that time i was shy of girls oh😂
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Pegi23(f): 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2023
70k every month. Well it is just cheap but what can I do nothing. I'm just a student trying to make it in life. Hair money, feeding, tfare (I no get car yet) well bills(nepa, water, utility, dustbin, paying the cleaner. Memh im living a cheap lifestyle too.

Nigeria males tufiakwa
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Kemadealadire(f): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Let me see🤔
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by princeemma69: 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
Dijita:

Thank you for your response but you seems to be doing better than my wards, you are spending about #40k a month and they are on #25k. If I have more to give don't you think it is more appropriate to give to them than you even if we are related
The money is also used for both transportation and sometimes educational materials. I lived a bit far away from Campus, so a significant percentage of my money is spent on transportation. I will appreciate any amount you can use to support me even if it is 5k monthly, it will go a long way to offset transportation expenses.
Thanks.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by vickydevoka(m): 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
just ensure it’s not affecting your savings and life in general. Betting no be husle , have it at the back of your mind .
De last time I bet is last 2 yrs. Naso my betting be. I’m a very busy person. The only site I visit is Nairaland, WhatsApp n facebook messenger.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Dijita: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Your types are the ones making life unbearable for other people who wants to live a Simple Life.

How can any SANE Human be sponsoring more than Five Adults singlehandedly in the year 2023.

Only the Universe knows the length you usually go to make money in order to meet Up.

I am sorry you see it that way. No , i don't have to go to any length, I work just 8hrs a day Monday through Friday.

I don't owe you any explanation, but I will try to enlighten you, hoping you get a better perspective on life.
I grew up very poor and pursued an education. When I got admission into university and poly, I had to choose poly because of money. When I resumed Poly, I was staying with my uncle, who failed to help, and a few months after I finished the money my mom gave me from the village, I could not afford to go anymore, and I didn't have money to go to the village. After a week of not going to school, my high school friend, with whom we were admitted together, came looking for me and told me to come and stay with him in the room his father rented for him. We were together for the two years of our OND program after wish he transferred to the university.
I did not pay for the rent or other expenses but recorded all our costs. Even though I was not paying rent, it was still hard. I could not afford to pay #20 for registration in my last semester. My mom worked in the farm day and night to meet my expenses. During Christmas or Ileya, she could not afford to buy cloth for herself and my sisters. They often made fun of them in our polygamous family home

As God will have it, when I finished my OND, I got a job as an account clerk earning #450 per month, which I was supplementing with lessons in my area. About six months later, through a friend's uncle, I got a job in one of the top federal government parastatals paying as much as CBN was paying at the time because they were formerly part of CBN. That is how my life changed. I put together the money for rent and other expenses and sent it through my mom to my friend's father. He took just #10 and prayed for me. I always cry whenever I remember the man. He died before I could repay him for his kindness. No, i don't have to repay my friend. He is doing great. He is a director in Lagos but I always express my gratitude to him.
I went back to school, faced my studies, got married, and when the opportunity came for me to Japa, I did. When I got here, I went to school and studied hard. Even though I am not rich, I am blessed. I don't drive expensive cars never even bought a new car. I could afford to, but I prefer to use the money to help others, especially my sisters and their children. Anytime I remember the shame they went through because of me, I always forgive them no matter what they do.
My philosophy is that clothes and shoes, no matter how expensive, will be tethered, and a new property will become old, but the people you develop will grow and bless you or others. We all have our ministries in God's kingdom. He said he would bless me so that I can be a blessing to others; as long as he provides for me, I will always extend my hand for help. No, I don't just throw money away, many people ask me, and I turn them down, I know what those in school are going through; hence I try to be helpful to those five.
As for that my uncle, I have not seen him for almost 25 years now, but the day he went to see her sister(my mom), he called many people to express surprise to see my mom's house, which God used me to build for her. The word of God said I will bless you, and those that are blessed will call you blessed.
My prayer is for God to bless us to be the giver and not the beggar.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by mdsne(m): 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Evolutionlove:

You don't mean it😂
i cut my quote according to the availability of the material but you can bless me o
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
Dijita:

I am sorry you see it that way. No , i don't have to go to any length, I work just 8hrs a day Monday through Friday.

I don't owe you any explanation, but I will try to enlighten you, hoping you get a better perspective on life.
I grew up very poor and pursued an education. When I got admission into university and poly, I had to choose poly because of money. When I resumed Poly, I was staying with my uncle, who failed to help, and a few months after I finished the money my mom gave me from the village, I could not afford to go anymore, and I didn't have money to go to the village. After a week of not going to school, my high school friend, with whom we were admitted together, came looking for me and told me to come and stay with him in the room his father rented for him. We were together for the two years of our OND program after wish he transferred to the university.
I did not pay for the rent or other expenses but recorded all our costs. Even though I was not paying rent, it was still hard. I could not afford to pay #20 for registration in my last semester. My mom worked in the farm day and night to meet my expenses. During Christmas or Ileya, she could not afford to buy cloth for herself and my sisters. They often made fun of them in our polygamous family home

As God will have it, when I finished my OND, I got a job as an account clerk earning #450 per month, which I was supplementing with lessons in my area. About six months later, through a friend's uncle, I got a job in one of the top federal government parastatals paying as much as CBN was paying at the time because they were formerly part of CBN. That is how my life changed. I put together the money for rent and other expenses and sent it through my mom to my friend's father. He took just #10 and prayed for me. I always cry whenever I remember the man. He died before I could repay him for his kindness. No, i don't have to repay my friend. He is doing great. He is a director in Lagos but I always express my gratitude to him.
I went back to school, faced my studies, got married, and when the opportunity came for me to Japa, I did. When I got here, I went to school and studied hard. Even though I am not rich, I am blessed. I don't drive expensive cars never even bought a new car. I could afford to, but I prefer to use the money to help others, especially my sisters and their children. Anytime I remember the shame they went through because of me, I always forgive them no matter what they do.
My philosophy is that clothes and shoes, no matter how expensive, will be tethered, and a new property will become old, but the people you develop will grow and bless you or others. We all have our ministries in God's kingdom. He said he would bless me so that I can be a blessing to others; as long as he provides for me, I will always extend my hand for help. No, I don't just throw money away, many people ask me, and I turn them down, I know what those in school are going through; hence I try to be helpful to those five.
As for that my uncle, I have not seen him for almost 25 years now, but the day he went to see her sister(my mom), he called many people to express surprise to see my mom's house, which God used me to build for her. The word of God said I will bless you, and those that are blessed will call you blessed.

Oh No Wonder.

I thought you birthed them. This is more of a Charity and Scholarship. There are many individuals doing this as well.

May you continue to receive favours too. Welldone.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by tunjilomo(m): 6:40am On Apr 26, 2023
Dijita:

I am going through tough time in this school I am right now. Can you bless me, please. I am being honest here.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by ZOT2023: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2023
Flapp478:

Thank u very much sir. I appreciate these overwhelming words of encouragement. These words mean a lot to me. Been without parents isn't easy at all particularly as a student. if u have the means of helping me solve this hunger issue, I will be so glad. My heart aches. I feel like dropping out already. I have developed ulcer as a result
hello bro,i read through your comments and have this to say,why cant you look for little thing to do after school inorder to get over the issue of hunger permanently,if you get 3k today,you will be hungery again tomorrow,i am offering to teach you my trade and give you your first raw materials which you can produce and make 20k on your first sale,mind you i am also struggling at the moment but i hav conquered hunger at the moment,i will teach you details on insecticide productìon ,toilet wash production etc,i make 14k per day on sales with 12k as my net profit,if you are not too big i am ready to offer you this training free of charge and also what you will start with free of charge.text me on 09122215096,let me know ur location to plan how to send things accross.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by kkins25(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Why you go give woman belle at 15?
I no give girl belle oh..
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by vickydevoka(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
seanwilliam:
just ensure it’s not affecting your savings and life in general. Betting no be husle , have it at the back of your mind .
Gambling is bad. As I recover my 600k I quit.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by lavylilly: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
Cooolme:

From your last post I see how you're complaining about the rising prices of things at the market.
How's your case different from mine?
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Sirchiboy: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Cooolme:
Please I want to know if I'm over spending or it's just the way things are in Nigeria as a whole.
I'm a student and very cautious of my finances, even with that I spend like 35-40k weekly excluding car fueling.
Omo things are bad oh, I remember my 100 level days (2018/2019) when 5k could carry you for a week even without foodstuffs.
Over to you, how much do you spend a week?
Can you assist me with 10k bros please let me use it and do medical checkup
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Fhaze(m): 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nathaniel33:
Na who get 35 k go spend am .I spend 2k per week and if school activities are involved I'd spend 6 sxtra k

How do you spend so low on feeding weekly
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Fhaze(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
adeoyekay:
Weekly 6k

Bro how you day do am abeg
I'll love to know

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Help As My Sister-in-law Is On The Verge Of Cheating On My Brother. / Thread For Those Born In Month Of May / A Spirit Is Loving Me, I Need Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.