Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? (33619 Views)

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Skeduw20(m): 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2023
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by SonofGod231: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2023
greggng:
When I hear some say they spend 50k in a week ..I begin to wonder what this people do for a living in a country where minimum wage is 30k and lots of people are unemployed... some don't even earn 50k in a month...I guess every one in Nigeria is fantastically corrupt ...if there is accountability...everyone should ve been in jail
Will you shut the f up?!
Too many poverty striken souls on this forum.Tht you're one of those depending on your POS and petty business to survive does not make every one here broke or a criminal.
Go and learn something real and get a real job.
I used to earn 320k monthly working onboard a vessel as an engineer,if I overstay I would get paid more coz the pay is calculated daily.
Presently I'm earning 150k monthly because of how badly things are I gat to change place of work but if I rake all the money I make from rentals and car shuttle services a year,it's up to 3.2m.
I have colleagues and cliq of friends who are not so frustrated like you.
Just to mention a few,My younger cousin who is more serious in life than you.Just an able seaman in a reasonable and better maritime company drops with nothing less than 800k monthly.
Shey na crime to choose a career path that pays and prepare towards it deligently.
How people decide to spend their money shouldn't concern you.Worry about not adding monetary values to your life and others around you.
No go find better hustle dey do...most times you guys think you will just be here and nairaland will put food on the table for you in the morning...Dey play
The biggest crime is to blame the country for staying broke...If you don't know it now,know it MONEY DEY THIS COUNTRY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by DMCY: 1:09am On Apr 25, 2023
Cooolme:
Please I want to know if I'm over spending or it's just the way things are in Nigeria as a whole.
I'm a student and very cautious of my finances, even with that I spend like 35-40k weekly excluding car fueling.
Omo things are bad oh, I remember my 100 level days (2018/2019) when 5k could carry you for a week even without foodstuffs.
Over to you, how much do you spend a week?

I’m single and I spend over 50k/wk.. is it too much?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by DMCY: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2023
obowunmi:
I was in Malaysia recently and I blew thru $25,000 USD. I’m still in severe pains..

Spent it on your moniker?😂😂
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by waploger(m): 1:13am On Apr 25, 2023
A paint of garri last a week excluding sunday which i go friends and family houses to eat.... data 1k a week.... i no dey on Gen... All my weekly expenses plus miscellaneous spending accumulate to 3k

PS: I'm not a womanizer

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by greggng: 1:36am On Apr 25, 2023
SonofGod231:

Will you shut the f up?!
Too many poverty striken souls on this forum.Tht you're one of those depending on your POS and petty business to survive does not make every one here broke or a criminal.
I used to earn 320k monthly working onboard a vessel as an engineer,if I overstay I would get paid more coz the pay is calculated daily.
Presently I'm earning 150k monthly because of how badly things are but if I rake all the money I get from rentage and car shuttle a year,it's 3.2m.
Just to mention a few,My younger cousin who is more serious in life than you.Just an able seaman in a reasonable and better maritime company drops with nothing less than 800k monthly.
Shey na crime to choose a career path that pays and prepare towards it deligently.
How people decide to spend their money shouldn't concern you.Worry about not adding monintary values to your life and others around you.
No go find better hustle dey do...most times you guys think nairaland will put food on the table for you in the morning...Dey play

I am not hear to brag or insult anyone . I am painting the picture of the Nigerian reality. Kudos to you if you belong to the lucky 5 percent that earn higher in Nigeria.

I am.not against how people spend there money inasmuch as is legit money . 500k graduates applied for 30k npower job....The level.of unemployment in Nigeria is so high. If 95 percent of Nigerians are earning below 150k ....out of it they pay rent , bills and school fees ...from.which savings will they be spending 50k a week. I have seen a man that earns 250k a month and two of his kids are in covenant University. I am aware of corrupt that happens in work places ...some can even make more than 400k proceed from corruption in there work places ...That is not an ideal situation . The point I am.making which you misunderstood is that we don't have to use the standard from the 5 percent that earns 800k ...

Finally , I am not as poor as you think I am ...but I look at things from a realistic point of view . Many have your kind of skill yet they can't find a job . People that know me cannot call me poverty striken person...I live you to your ignorance sponsored by Internet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by SonofGod231: 1:46am On Apr 25, 2023
greggng:

I am not hear to brag or insult anyone . I am painting the picture of the Nigerian reality. Kudos to you if you belong to the lucky 5 percent that earn higher in Nigeria.

I am.not against how people spend there money inasmuch as is legit money . 500k graduates applied for 30k npower job....The level.of unemployment in Nigeria is so high. If 95 percent of Nigerians are earning below 150k ....out of it they pay rent , bills and school fees ...from.which savings will they be spending 50k a week. I have seen a man that earns 250k a month and two of his kids are in covenant University. I am aware of corrupt that happens in work places ...some can even make more than 400k proceed from corruption in there work places ...That is not an ideal situation . The point I am.making which you misunderstood is that we don't have to use the standard from the 5 percent that earns 800k ...

Finally , I am not as poor as you think I am ...but I look at things from a realistic point of view . Many have your kind of skill yet they can't find a job . People that know me cannot call me poverty striken person...I live you to your ignorance sponsored by Internet.
You're the ignorant one here.I no really want argue with you on these facts, neither am I pretending to be whom I'm not like many here would assume thats why I had to write you. 5percent you say, typical nairaland mentality...Most people just prefer to watch you guys spill nonsense without interfering coz it won't add or remove anything from anybody's bank account.
Life is a two way street bro,that you're not hitting it does not mean someone is not getting it...I no know the one you dey now...Gudnite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by yom2(m): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2023
adeoyekay:
Weekly 6k
u no dey chop Abi u dey for ekiti state?
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Slurity(m): 3:26am On Apr 25, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I hardly spend my money.
You are likely a woman. The bills goes to the magas I guess

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by rolex05: 4:59am On Apr 25, 2023
Can we have the break down of how your spending ends up to that amount? To start with...
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:01am On Apr 25, 2023
EriMma1:

Sometimes you get bored with food at home and start buying yeye things outside and then get bored again and swtch back to home cooked food.

Cooking is more expensive because every time I cook, I buy things afresh and we all know how expensive food condiments are. Of course you're not going to be eating only one type of food which also cost more to eat varieties.

See, our money no get value again. So when you hear these thousands, just see it as hundreds. That's their value now.

Like now, I'm craving better afang soup and I need nothing less than 10k to make it. So will I say I'll not cook it so I can minimize my spending? mba o.

Bro, i don’t think cooking is more expensive than eating outside o.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:09am On Apr 25, 2023
SonofGod231:

Will you shut the f up?!
Presently I'm earning 150k monthly because of how badly things are I gat to change place of work but if I rake all the money I make from rentals and car shuttle services a year,it's up to 3.2m.
How people decide to spend their money shouldn't concern you.Worry about not adding monetary values to your life and others around you.
No go find better hustle dey do...most times you guys think you will just be here and nairaland will put food on the table for you in the morning...Dey play
The biggest crime is to blame the country for staying broke...If you don't know it now,know it MONEY DEY THIS COUNTRY.
Some POS business make around 400k in a month depends on the location and your capital . Infact some make around 600k ( selling phone accessories and charging join ). Don’t argue .
And some have more than 1stand.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:11am On Apr 25, 2023
DMCY:

I’m single and I spend over 50k/wk.. is it too much?
left to me, no. That’s just 200k in a month .
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:27am On Apr 25, 2023
greggng:
When I hear some say they spend 50k in a week ..I begin to wonder what this people do for a living in a country where minimum wage is 30k and lots of people are unemployed... some don't even earn 50k in a month...I guess every one in Nigeria is fantastically corrupt ...if there is accountability...everyone should ve been in jail
not everyone is into salary job. Let me give u sample.
Some bike men make atleast 3.5-5k in a day .
some of dem do 1.2-2k contribution in a day .
That’s 40-60k savings monthly
70-90k on expenses.

Most of these office guys are simply lazy and don’t want to do hard job..

These dirty jobs pay pass some whitecollar.

Do you know selling phone accessories alone can give you average of 150k in a month in a very good location [/b]with capital of 400k?
Whereas a dummy will be working in a bank just to appear fine and posh and be earning 70k wey him no go fit see 10k save except he’s into shading deals .
And average crypto trader will make [b]at worst
5k in a day just buying and reselling on paxful in your room o.

Do you know an average WhatsApp tv makes atleast 4k in daily ?
That’s you just sitting in your room with your damn phone.

Only a foôl with no self worth will sit down and earn 30k salary. You can’t tell me a complete man will survive solely on 30k salary without tips from anywhere. If he tells you he does, he’s into something shading .

Him no go chop?
Him no go pay house rent?
Him no get family to help ?
Him no go buy cloth ?
Him no go buy data?
Him no go spend on transport ?

I will only agree if the bolded are being taken care of by someone else.

Point is, most people earn more than 30k in a month ,
Weather through business or through tips .

Don’t use stats to judge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:30am On Apr 25, 2023
vickydevoka:

290k last week. I can show u receipt. Bet9ja chop 250k
na u Dey do yourself .

Set aside 5k weekly to fire. 250k is too much on betting,
99% of time, you can’t win the bookies. I’ve been there.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:33am On Apr 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

Today is Monday. Let say i withdraw 15k;
Pepper to cook soup #500. I eat fish mostly, #1,500 making 2k.. Since it only me, pepper can last me for a whole week cuz I barely eat pepper, even tho I’m a yoruba. Me no like pepper oo grin. I store things in the fridge which makes them stay good!

That’s 2k spent from 15k. And I know I have pepper/soup already. Next is to buy myself drinks which won’t be nothing less than 5k... 5k + 2k is 7k!

Remember, today is still Monday and I’ve sent 7k? Cool. But I already have my pepper and drinks, cool!

Tomorrow is Tuesday. I want to cook and then discovered fish don almost finish, I can buy fish/meat/chicken, 1 or 2k! Which means I’ve spent 9k in 2 days. I still got 6k..

Next tomorrow is Wednesday - on this day, my drinks go don reduce. I’ll definitely want to restock. I could use 2/3k which means I’ll still have 3k left on day 3... Can you see that after day 3, I still got 3k left? The 3k, I’ll then use it to restock food stuffs like rice/garri or whatever I need.

The day after next tomorrow is Thursday which I’m suppose to withdraw again. So I could withdraw another 15k. That will cover me till weekend. I do go to club on Friday but whatever I’ll spent at the club isn’t among my normal weekly routine spending. Nah transfer I go run for club grin..
Your calculation is not feasible sir
What of data, gas, money u send family, money u spend on bitches , money u help people with, haircut, soap, cable etc grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by emmaodet: 6:33am On Apr 25, 2023
SonofGod231:

Will you shut the f up?!

Are you working on a surfer boat as suffer engineer to be earning 320k per month?
Your brother who is an AB with income of 800k monthly is into OPEC. I dey the industry too

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Flapp478(m): 6:38am On Apr 25, 2023
DOINGS2022:

E go reach your turn bro. Keep on developing yourself and never let any legit opportunity pass you by. Identify it and grab it as quick as possible..

Pls Sir , help me with anything u can.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 6:42am On Apr 25, 2023
Dijita:
If you are a student in Lagos, Ilorin, or Delta please let me know how much you spend per week or per month. If you are a parent you can respond with how much you give your ward. I am sponsoring five kids, I pay their school fees and other major expenses like hostel, handouts and clothing at the beginning of the school year. I provide for their monthly feeding allowances. Those in Lagos I give #30,000 monthly and those outside Lagos I give #25,000.
I am considering bumping them by #5000 each but don't want to over do it as 4 to 5 students will be joining them next year if they all get admission. I want them to be comfortable without stressing myself.

Please serious answer
Thanks
Omo u Dey try o,

Tbh, 25k per month is low but considering the numbers of kids you’re taking care of, omo you Dey try even if na 10k u Dey spend on each ,
An average student in this economy will need atleast 50k for upkeep in a month .,

Again, you Dey try and I doff my hat for u.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by emmaodet: 6:56am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:

Bro, i don’t think cooking is more expensive than eating outside o.

Bros I hail oo

10k to eat twice a day? Kilode? Wetin happen?
Una no get local buka or restaurant that you can eat 1k per meal max? 3k per day or even less.
Wetin happen?
With 10k as a single person eating outside, it should last you 4 days
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by emmaodet: 7:06am On Apr 25, 2023
greatiyk4u:
You are too extravagant as a student, many families of 4 don't spend such judging from the meagre take home of most Nigerians especially in the private and informal sectors,

40k a week=160K a month=1.92M/year3

Assuming you even eat out daily at 1k per meal, that's just 21k/week since you claim other expenses like fuelling and car maintenance excluded, EFCC needs to investigate you to know if you are enjoying family fortunes or where exactly is the source of such leisure as an average Nigerian student

grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by emmaodet: 7:07am On Apr 25, 2023
buygala:
40k per week... .without chasing woman

100k per week at least if chasing woman

I honestly think I will have my own Duplex by now if I was impotent sad

grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 7:10am On Apr 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Bros I hail oo

10k to eat twice a day? Kilode? Wetin happen?
Una no get local buka or restaurant that you can eat 1k per meal max? 3k per day or even less.
Wetin happen?
With 10k as a single person eating outside, it should last you 4 days
bro
I had to edit it cos I know most people will doubt and think it’s joke.
Eating outside is expensive and most of these local buka are very dirty and unhealthy. Infact sometime eating at some local buka self is expensive .

There ogunfe na 1500 for big and 1k for medium grin ( u fit chop two if you no Dey careful grin ) , iyan 300x2 two bottle water 400.

Transport and take away nko that’s 3k atleast for morning o.

For eatery where I eat

Rice , chicken , plantain and drinks will cost atleast 3500 for morning sometimes 4500 self
Afternoon let’s say I change food, swallow , soup and meat will cost atleast 3500 too ,

Shey I no go eat for night ?

But if my girl help me cook with that , I’ll eat it for days to my satisfaction.
( I eat a lot cos that’s the only thing I sabi , I no sabi drinks , nor smoke, nor drugs, nor party grin).

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Gerrard59(m): 7:29am On Apr 25, 2023
greggng:

Or some people are earning dollars while living in Nigeria? There are many avenues to earn good income legitimately while living in Nigeria. What about others who are into buying and selling and have little overhead costs? Rather than indirectly accuse these people of corruption, as them "how do you make this kind of money?" "What did you learn and how long did it take to make the money?"/

Yes, there are corrupt people, but there are also people who earn good money legitimately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Torpedo23: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2023
greggng:

Leave him to his ignorance. Clearly, you two are not on the same wavelength
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Gerrard59(m): 7:35am On Apr 25, 2023
zedegit:

You have your answer. Gen is a liability. Car is equally a liability which requires fueling and maintenance. You can't compare yourself with an average student.
With that Gen I am sure you use gotv, DStv etc which requires monthly subscription too

#1500 per meal? When you can cook it cheaply or visit where they sell #500.

Na you do yourself.

I am sure you also spend on woman.

The quality of the meal differs. Look, the higher you earn, the higher your expenses. You will need to replenish the energy invested in making money. As your earnings increase, so does your taste. If the dude makes 800K per month as he implied, he has to eat good food to replenish his energy. In fact, I say he is not spending well enough especially if he lives in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt.

What you are saying is akin to telling Dangote to sleep at hotels of 15K a night simply because na sleep him dey sleep whereas LagosCurion and Marriot dey available.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Gerrard59(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2023
livebullet:

Turning on gen everyday? Are you a yarhoo boy?

What if he is doing an online work as a freelancer in any digital field?

The reasoning most of you have na why rich and even middle class people dey stay away from poor folks. This is a dangerous mindset considering the surfeit of information online on how to make good money these days.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Gerrard59(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2023
Omoolaissagoal:
You lied even with what you just post

1500 *3=4500 for ten day 45000 for you food
For Gen 15000

For what again add miscellaneous 50k not up to 150k

Except you carry hook up
Have health challenges

Or you are buying linen and furniture which is periodical or your relatives is in school but normal week expenditure in Nigeria no reach that.

Abeg

What if he is making so much money as a young man> Huh?
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Gerrard59(m): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
bro
I had to edit it cos I know most people will doubt and think it’s joke.
Eating outside is expensive and most of these local buka are very dirty and unhealthy. Infact sometime eating at some local buka self is expensive .

There ogunfe na 1500 for big and 1k for medium grin ( u fit chop two if you no Dey careful grin ) , iyan 300x2 two bottle water 400.

Transport and take away nko that’s 3k atleast for morning o.

Shey I no go eat for night ?

But if my girl help me cook with that , I’ll eat it for days to my satisfaction.
( I eat a lot cos that’s the only thing I sabi , I no sabi drinks , nor smoke, nor drugs, nor party grin).

Someone like me. I am willing to spend any amount to eat good food.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by vickydevoka(m): 7:54am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
na u Dey do yourself .

Set aside 5k weekly to fire. 250k is too much on betting,
99% of time, you can’t win the bookies. I’ve been there.
2.7 odd no bad. I for even cash out the 450,000k like that. Greed no let me. Before then I loose 100k , o say make I recover . Omo I don finally run. I go still recover but no be now abeg. Make I see better money again
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by vickydevoka(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2023
princeemma69:

Please why don't you add Enugu? I am a 100L student at UNN and things are expensive here. I normally spend 8 to 10k weekly. I will appreciate any support you can give to me Thanks
Learn how to cook spaghetti n u will be alright

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by GeneralPula: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:

Your calculation is not feasible sir
What of data, gas, money u send family, money u spend on bitches , money u help people with, haircut, soap, cable etc grin

I don’t fill gas every week nah. Same with data. I think I do fill gas every 3months. Sometimes my gas can use 4months self. Wetin I Dey cook grin

Family - I’ve set up an investment that would be giving them money monthly. So I don’t need to send them money. Top of it all, family is blessed thanks to God

When it comes to women, my game with them is entirely different. I really don’t usually spend much on women and besides, most girls I do connect with are either working or not from poor family. Most of the times, girls I roll with do take care of me more self. Top of it all, I don’t really fancy hookup girls that much which is why I barely spend..

Soap lol. Do you buy soap every week?

Haircut - I have a clipper & I have like 2 girls that are barbers that do barb me. So I barely still spend on barbing. And besides, my hair doesn’t grow that quickly so I don’t barb every week..

Cable - this is one funny thing about me. I barely watch TV. 99% of times, if I put on tv, it’s for Ps4 grin. That’s what I do with TV. I have Netflix and YouTube subscriptions. Incase I have visitors, there’s any movie to watch or music video to listen to. So I really don’t need cable..

Helping people - I don’t help people weekly nah so I can’t add it as my weekly routine spending. I help people when I can afford to.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man 'fights' His Late Father For Including His Female Children In His Will / Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.