Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ (31227 Views)

Nigerian Lady Dies After Friends Pushed Her Into Pot Of Boiling Stew / SS3 Student Stabbed By Boyfriend, Dies Few Days Before Her SSCE. Photos / Church Set Ablaze After Pastor’s Son Stabbed DJ To Death In Ibadan. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by simplesearch: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Which one of the scriptures that you just quoted or that’s in the Bible that says women should endure physical abuse from their spouses? Please let me know.

Before you marry know who you're getting marry to, but no! We always want it our own ways.
Life is about consequences of choices made, and marriage is one that comes with a permanent one.
It shouldn't always get to the extreme, but the heart of man is extremely wicked.
You can separate from an abusive relationship but you can't divorce or remarry or get involve in extra-marital affairs.

Romans 7:1-3 (KJV) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Matthew 19:9-10 (KJV) And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by prettysassygirl(f): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
Marriage is not an achievement,it's not a must. If you aren't happy and you are mentally , physically at risk please leave. You didn't come to the world with the person you married,u mustn't die being married. I think our parents and older generations are the cause of this mentality that you must be in a marriage. Plus women need to be financially dependent so they can leave whenever they want to and not tolerate flagrant disrespect from their partners.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by prettysassygirl(f): 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
simplesearch:

Before you marry know who you're getting marry to, but no! We always want it our own ways.
Life is about consequences of choices made, and marriage is one that comes with a permanent one.
It shouldn't always get to the extreme, but the heart of man is extremely wicked.
You can separate from an abusive relationship but you can't divorce or remarry or get involve in extra-marital affairs.

Romans 7:1-3 (KJV) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Matthew 19:9-10 (KJV) And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

Did you read the part where adultery of your partner frees you up to remarry? I think one is free to divorce and remarry once your partner cheats.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by simplesearch: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
prettysassygirl:

Did you read the part where adultery of your partner frees you up to remarry? I think one is free to divorce and remarry once your partner cheats.

Is there anything like cheating written in the post? Just an abusive relationship, so stick to that.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Inyaky(f): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2023
The post said pastor and family members but everyone is roasting the pastor and forgetting the family members, why nna too like pastor matter, always waiting for pastor matter, pastors are human beings not Angel's from heaven, they are not perfect.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by isabi2lof: 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
Some women will never learn embarassed

Rip to her, instead of you to take necessary actions , you're there explaining to everyone, hide my ID no dey tire some people.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Socratiz: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
Why is everyone talking about the pastor
and blaming him here?

How about the parents of the woman and other family members who collectively insisted the woman should remain in the marriage?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by jimcaddy(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
Women stop listening to your pastors, you won't hear word. You are having issues in your marriage, instead of you to seek help from a professional therapist, Nigerians will rather go and share their marital issues with their pastors who isn't a trained therapist. That one will now give you advice that won't work. Stop it women, your pastor is not a therapist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by TippuTip: 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
i sure say na the pastor get dat belle!

Useless pastors!

'Touch not my anointed' but the anointed can touch and even scatter your wife's pussy! Amen!
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Octopusssy(f): 12:00am On Apr 22, 2023
I didn't see anywhere in the article where it was stated that it was a 'pastor' that dissuaded her from leaving the marriage. Abi shey na me no see well?
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Octopusssy(f): 12:01am On Apr 22, 2023
Socratiz:
Why is everyone talking about the pastor
and blaming him here?

How about the parents of the woman and other family members who collectively insisted the woman should remain in the marriage?

I wonder o. There were other family members involved who brokered peace between the deceased and her husband, so why are people bashing the pastor? The article even states there was more than one pastor
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by OyinO: 12:05am On Apr 22, 2023
She wasn't persuaded, she persuaded herself. We are not deceived, we deceive ourselves.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:14am On Apr 22, 2023
dublinkmy6:

My father hit my mother a couple of times (mum herself is a fighter from her youth) and they're still married for almost 40yrs now.

I've seen a man slap the hell out of his wife to reset her brain and he loves her to bits till date and are still married.

Hitting your woman to correct her erroneous mentality is same as correcting a child by spanking, and seeing how mentaly immature some Nigerian women can be at times, that brain resetting hit can be utterly necessary and can even save a marriage, it only depends on the circumstances.

Marriage is not a straight journey as I've come to understand it. At times the man has to take charge of situations and do the needful at times, and if that involves the occasional hit then so be it.

You can’t be serious, Sir. You really can’t be.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:18am On Apr 22, 2023
dublinkmy6:

I've seen a man slap the hell out of his wife to reset her brain and he loves her to bits till date and are still married.

Hitting your woman to correct her erroneous mentality is same as correcting a child by spanking, and seeing how mentaly immature some Nigerian women can be at times, that brain resetting hit can be utterly necessary and can even save a marriage, it only depends on the circumstances.

Marriage is not a straight journey as I've come to understand it. At times the man has to take charge of situations and do the needful at times, and if that involves the occasional hit then so be it.

A woman is NOT a child and in the examples you gave of men hitting women to ‘reset’ and ‘doing the needful’, the women should/should’ve grabbed a knife or gun and do the needful, resetting the man’s animalistic mentality using a bullet or blade.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Probz(m): 12:25am On Apr 22, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
I may not understand all the mix up and bla bla bla, but as soon as I read the story, I just knew it will have something to do with Nigeria. Either the pastor is a Nigerian or the late woman was a Nigerian.

I mean, duh.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Fearyourcreator: 12:32am On Apr 22, 2023
N3TRAL:
I pity women whose priority on their "Mr Right's personality wishlist" is a "religious man". You're in for a lifetime of subjugation and manipulation.

I also extend my commiseration to those who heed the advice of their religious leaders without reflection- it's about time you took charge of your life!

The day a man hits you should be the last and a bitter first. The appropriate place for such man to spend the weekend is in a police cell.

No, he doesn't love you. No, he isn't jealous. No, he isn't domineering. No, he will not change.

Yes, he is a wild animal. Yes, he hates you. Yes, he will kill you. So, don't only walk away, ensure he is arrested and a restraining order is issued by the court to prevent him from getting close to you.

How do you hit a woman and still caress her body , suck her , kiss her , lick her from head to toe, thrust her deeply and impregnate her?

It's sickening to hit a random girl! How much more the woman you claim you love who's putting her life on the line to bear offspring that will take your name not hers?
Are you married?
Male or female?
If you get baby girl wey no get manner no advise her to marry or don't let her settle down... Them go beat am tire... If you have a baby boy with temper issues he go beat person pikin tire...
As some men useless naso some women be...
Sha collect home training before you enter marriage
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by bionixs: 12:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Sometimes, tell us also about people that pastors asked to stay in abusive marriage and everything later turned out fine

Una just dey mischievous
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by MusaChukwudi: 12:46am On Apr 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

And I can respect the idea that it takes great restraint.
Many of these abusive men would be instantly cured of the abusive demons living inside of them the minute they would move to a country like mine that allows a woman to pull out a weapon in self defense, stop the abuser (even if it means killing him), and not spend a day in jail. Men who know that a clergyman and family members will show up and brainwash the woman have no incentive to stop abusing.
When you hear men’s sob stories about moving to the West and their wives divorcing them and/or putting them out of their own houses, it’s usually because the man refused to keep his hands to himself and insisted on beating her like she was an animal.

I dey laugh you! Ode
You draw weapon on me, you die that day by that weapon!!! And yes, this evil immoral Yankee we dey.
When a relationship goes bad why not leave? I have one at home now. I haven’t touched her for 7 years, I offered money $45k, I disappear for weeks, begged, pleaded that I am absolutely no longer interested in the relationship. She irritates and frustrates me to the core and if care is not taken I will kpeme her!!! Enough is enough!!!
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:50am On Apr 22, 2023
MusaChukwudi:

I dey laugh you! Ode
You draw weapon on me, you die that day by that weapon!!! And yes, this evil immoral Yankee we dey.
When a relationship goes bad why not leave? I have one at home now. I haven’t touched her for 7 years, I offered money $45k, I disappear for weeks, begged, pleaded that I am absolutely no longer interested in the relationship. She irritates and frustrates me to the core and if care is not taken I will kpeme her!!! Enough is enough!!!

Good question, I’d love to hear your answer.
What’s stopping you from filing for divorce or packing up and moving? Why not leave?
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by lexy2014: 2:05am On Apr 22, 2023
Flight90:
Just imagine undecided
Something that could have been avoided 😪
The yeye man that called himself a pastor😠 just ended up wasting the poor woman's life.

if you read the story, you will see that the pastor was not the only one involved. am not sure why the writer made it just about the pastor. when i saw the headline, i thought it was a transaction strictly between the deceased and her pastor

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by galantjoe(m): 2:17am On Apr 22, 2023
I will keep saying this
''marriage is free entry and free exit''

If it take me 10 times to marriage in order to get better spouse I will do that.

Quit when there is evidence of frequent beating ; it means that you re no longer needed.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by smasher1(m): 4:29am On Apr 22, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
I may not understand all the mix up and bla bla bla, but as soon as I read the story, I just knew it will have something to do with Nigeria. Either the pastor is a Nigerian or the late woman was a Nigerian.

What my female folks would advise anyone to do is to forgive. Forgiveness in this case has led to death
Let's use practical wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by SlyFoxx0008: 5:11am On Apr 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Good question, I’d love to hear your answer.
What’s stopping you from filing for divorce or packing up and moving? Why not leave?

I will never file for divorce if you accept to be my queen love. I promise you will own half of everything I own for life. I will never “Hakimi” you 😂😂
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by SlyFoxx0008: 5:12am On Apr 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Some men don’t need prompts be abusive. There are men who will have a bad work day and go home to beat their wives. Some will be angry at a sidechick and take it out on the wife. Some will be frustrated due to finances and take it out on the wife. There’s a big chance that she did nothing to provoke him but even so, a man who resorts to beating a woman, in this case to death, because of what a woman might say to him when he is angry isn’t really a man.

I would never lay a finger on you my precious queen.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by SlyFoxx0008: 5:13am On Apr 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

A woman is NOT a child and in the examples you gave of men hitting women to ‘reset’ and ‘doing the needful’, the women should/should’ve grabbed a knife or gun and do the needful, resetting the man’s animalistic mentality using a bullet or blade.

I would never treat you like a child my angel. You are a beautiful black woman. A queen. And you deserve to be treated as such.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by ShaqFu: 6:00am On Apr 22, 2023
Octopusssy:
I didn't see anywhere in the article where it was stated that it was a 'pastor' that dissuaded her from leaving the marriage. Abi shey na me no see well?
it was the pastor, the husband and family members that told the lawyer they will settle their differences outside court.

Since the woman is dead, the husband should be arrested immediately and trialed for manslaughter, aggravated assault, domestic violence, physical abuse, torture etc. There are women groups who look into cases like this. The ball is now in the court of the wife's family.

All things being equal, the husband should be in police cell by now.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by article1: 6:19am On Apr 22, 2023
Where is the evidence here in the story that, it is her pastor that persuaded her to remain in the marriage?
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by missyblissy: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2023
Not again. Marriage is not by force. You cban never change any man thst is not willing to chnage. Pray for him from a very safe distance.

I don't know why some women don't listen. If he wants yo apologise now, to who she's dead and gone. Women takr control of your lives and leave abusive relationshipa. She had the backing of her father yet she believed her pastor knows better. Now just look at shes history.

I learn from people's mistakes. I don't intend to make the same mistake before i learn. If what happened to OSINACHI is not a constant reminder that yiu should flee when yiu are alive and i don't know what you make you stay with a man that treats you worse than a slave.

May her soul rest in peace. Chai a life cut so short because of one animal smh cry
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Tonalphs(f): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2023
The husband or pastor are not to be blamed.
Clearly someone is beating you, dehumanizing you and you call that love 😂 😂. You have problem with your self esteem.
How can you tolerate a nonsense marriage. Women who tolerate nonsense are subconsciously teaching their children the same thing. Always have as many deal breakers as possible and stick to them. Don't bend your rules because someone told you by words (and not by action) that you are loved.
Re: Pregnant Lady Dies Few Months After Pastor Persuaded Her To Remain In ‘abusive’ by Image123(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2023
Divorce is not an option, separation is. Better to die and go to Heaven than die later and go to hell for adultery. It is what it is.
This push at a divorce is better option is from the devil and his agents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'I Steal Average Of 9 Phones On Friday' - Notorious Corporate Pickpocket. Photos / 40-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide At His Backyard In Enugu State. Graphic Photos / 8 Girls Jailed For Prostitution In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.