Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,561 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? (5069 Views)

Why I Choose Yar'adua To Suceed Me As President -obasanjo / Breaking News: Yar'adua To Proceed On Two-week Leave / President Yar'adua To Go On 8-week Medical Trip To Europe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by babasin(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2007
Mr Yar'Adua said he had a 15-year plan to develop the Niger Delta.

It is known to even a dummy that new government ignores the old government plans in Nigeria.

So is Yaradua (baba-go-slow) planning to stay for another 15 years; so he can fully reform Niger Delta?

cool grin cool

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6975920.stm
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by Seun(m): 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2007
Result of multi-decade political planning:
- Guarantees a second term; the "war on terror" plan worked for GW Bush.
- When the initiative fails, you can just blame it on your successor.
- To prevent this from happening, your successor must terminate it and start his own never ending plan!
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by tundewoods(m): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ babasin

My dear what a catchy thread title you have here. You are even fortunate to have the thread place on the homepage of nairaland so that it can attract much attention.

Please do not mislead or misinform Nigerians by starting threads that are sentimental.

Goodness when will Nigerians stop making issues out of simple statements made by people in power.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by babasin(m): 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2007
@tundewoods,

Thanks. but I am reading between the line.

why would you plan for 15years, when you know:

1. max term possible is 8yrs

2. new govt rejects old govt policy; even in developed world

This to me, it sounds as either a novice talk or hidden message.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by miky(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2007
why una like to start little controversy, he can stay 20 yrs if his government is working.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by joycexz(f): 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2007
Yar'adua has a funny way of going about things. I wonder if he believes in any thing his predecessor did. He is just changing everything and that is making him a typical nigerian. They never continue any programme or foundation laid by their predecessors.

I just hope his reforming the NNPC and the Power sector will make some sense in the nearest future cos i'm tired of hearing 2020. Are we supposed to suffer till then?
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by toney(m): 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2007
pipe dream i'll say. but come to think of it, obj dreamt it, and where he failed - yar'adua might scail through
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by joycexz(f): 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2007
Well I hope Yar'adua performs the miracle Obasanjo couldnt afterall its for the benefits of nigerians.

My main concern is in the power sector, if we have constant power in nigeria, then 30percent of our problems are solved, cos with constant power, the problem of petrol will definitely reduce.

Looking forward to a better Nigeria
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by ruemu(m): 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ joycezx I FEEL U
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by joycexz(f): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ Ruemu Thanks

I actually dont like talking politics cos all we do is talk and talk and nothing is changing. Its just like wasting time watching AIT talk all day abt reforms and bla bla bla. If those talks on AIT could change nigeria, I'm sure we will be the GREATEST NATION on earth cos those people they feature on KAKAKI could actually develop a whole planet with their mouth.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by toney(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2007
Hmmm
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by toney(m): 11:17pm On Sep 03, 2007
talk less, listen more! chances are i'll learn how u folks operate on NAIRALAND pretty fast enough
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by 9ja4eva: 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2007
Oh no not again

Let him finish his first term first
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by solokay(m): 12:19am On Sep 04, 2007
He must never stay beyong 8 years. He is preaching rule of law and constitutional democracy. the constitution of nigeria say two terms of 4 years each. period. If he likes he draw up a 50 years program it does not matter
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by easimoni(m): 1:40am On Sep 04, 2007
@ poster,
having a 15-yr plan does not mean you plan on staying for 15 years. It simply means some plans take that long to implement.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by kayality: 4:12am On Sep 04, 2007
hello
Yaradua is a good man let see what is going happen in next few year, i hope good things should happen, i pray for yaradua to be success in Nigeria Government
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by omoge25(f): 4:17am On Sep 04, 2007
the problems in the niger delta will not be fixed over night.  It will take time, years even, becuase he has to first get the people of that region to trust him.  Im sure if his sucessor sees President Yar'dua plan working he will probably implement it into his plans for the Delta.  Frankly im glad he isnt coming out to say I will reform the niger delta in a year or whatever ever because that would be foolish.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by Everbright(f): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2007
I'm getting something out of this shocked
Successors never complete what their predecessors started wink
Yar'adua can only stay in power for 8 years smiley
Yar'adua said in 15 years he will be able to settle the Niger-Delta crisis
Therefore Niger- Delta crisis can never be settled by Yar'adua,
Since he cannot stay more than 8 years and his successor cannot finish what he started/he's starting/would start or is going to start.
This is common logic. lol grin
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by seun001(m): 6:59am On Sep 04, 2007
well,he aint staying for that long,so there aint no reason for that heading.please dont rouse up sentiments.

whats so difficult in having a developmental plan thats gonna take 15 yrs ehn,is it because of knowing where and when to rip us off.and that one don pass vision 2020.abeg
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by ozigbo(m): 8:13am On Sep 04, 2007
15year or on 15year let him finish his first tern, then we can now talk of 15year.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by WarfyBoy(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2007
guy were u for dey bring all these info dey kom out, i tire 4 u ohhhh, if the guy admin god if im like make im stay for 10000000yrs, na im papa biz b that, them dey try b4
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by onyekang1(f): 8:29am On Sep 04, 2007
@ everbright
TRUE TALK
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by WarfyBoy(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2007
@cynthia75

bros were u for learn, u b NOAH, na wetin dey my mind u just pour for here so, he does nt need to stay in office for 6 years b4 he can do what he wants to do, inshort b4 he came to office he would have had his agneda already, not all these trash they are telling us, Warri hard no b small, na ther 1 4 show now, i kno wetin dey, imagine how is takin d case against MAMA Speaker, if dat woolman no b SPeaker or Senator she go bold use dat kin moni take Renovate her house, i dnt kno wat ur points r, bt mine is dt all these promise of heavin n earth, notin go happen, if dem chop finish dem clean mouth komot, handover to NEST OF KIN , simple

i hav said it n i will continue to say say it, Na OBJ still dey RULE US ohhh!!!!!!!
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by chukz4real(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2007
cynthia75:

that man yaradua is supposed to be attacked from every angle,He is very slow and act as if he is intelligent.since he came into the office i don't know what he is doing better than baba Olusegun.Yaradua shoul stop selling Crude oil and build refineries and get out of opec,so that he can be in a better position to know our capacity and manage the country well.We need to be selling crude oil products only!.
He claimed he is an analytical Chemist.why waste time.
He can't stay there for long,something will soon happen and you will see the twist that will remove him from office. I like him but he is supposed to be a very mean man.
If i were Niger deltains i will make sure that every oil installation there is destroyed.So that nigeria will stop selling crude,those guys are stupid to stop and strt kidnapping.

Every day the govt will make money and mismange it,Niger delta is supposed to be built and developed like Dubai.The niger Delta development plan must be created by a White pro in town development,Niger delta is supposed to be like Heaven.
okay you don't have light
no water
no road
no street light
bad money circulation,they carry our money overseas.
no medicine and hospital
bad insurance management
frequent tampering with the finance sector.
so many bad things are happening to us and we are smilling and suffering .

Listen we have to support those so called militants in order to dialogue effectively with the govt. if we have roundtable and peacful dialogue,they will be selling the crude oil,while we are having the roundtable talk.let us fight and die for a good cause and die for the good cause. me am not a foolish person. i no dey foolish. Stop supporting the Govt.Their policy is based on selfis interest. God will punish all those that sell our crude oil and mismanage the fund.Yaradua should save his neck,cause he is in deep problem already existing problem and he can't correct it even it he rules for 100 years.

Thank God u aware Yar'adua is an analytical chemist. It takes time to conclude chemical analysis my dear, so bother not. Nigerians are begining to see light across the tunell

Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by WarfyBoy(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2007
1 MORE TIN, ABEG MAKE WE KOMOT MIND SAY IN THE NEST 20YRS DEM GO BUILD OUR REFINERIES, MAKE WE NO EVEN TINK AM SELF, EXCEPT GOD PITY US.

BECAUSE SOM1 SOMEWERE IS POCKETING A HUGE SOME OF [N $] MONI 4RM D EXPORT N IMPORT OF CRUDE OIL,  ITS HIS OWN SHARE OF D COUTRIES WEALTH, IT WAS ASSIGNED 2 HIM SINCE DEM EVEN BORN MI SELF.  NOT UNITL DT MAN DIES, HMMMMMM, INSHORT  WE GO HOPE HOPE HOPE TILL WE GO DEY HOP, NO B COS, NA WETIN GO HAPPEN

ALL THESE THERE PROMISE NA TRASH, DEM NO GO FULFIL ANY1, IF DEM BELE FOOOL DEM LEAVE US D AY DEM MIT US, 1S AGAIN, EXCEPT GOD PITY US, PITY FROM GOD WILL B OUR SAVIOUR
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by chukz4real(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2007
[color=#000099][/color] Am begining to wonder myself why Nigerians bothers alot over things that should not worry us much. It seem we are all finding it difficult to understand PDP's formula! Lets watch Umaru, he is a slow speaker and doer, yes, we all I suppose understands that clearly. whether he has a 15 yrs agenda or not, let us all pray and watch him. Am optimistic, Nigeria is going to be great. He is an analytical Chemist, maybe he is trying to put his analytical stuff into governance; remember it takes to conlcude chemical analysis though tongue

Fellow Nigerians, lets give Umaru all the support his administration requires of us. Am infact very pleased and will continue to support his administration (I don't mean PDP'S administration). Obj and his administration set the fire burning in Niger Delta till today, imagine Peter Odili paying Cult groups about =N=30M monthly for no just cause. Is that not the reason for Ph's recent trouble? if not of Umaru, ,

Pls, lets support Umaru's government and stop all this , shocked
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by shostar: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2007
Has any of u ever been held up in an hlod up (traffic)?
Has anyone one ever wonder why this Govt. is Called a Go-slow Govt?
Or why the leader is called Baba Go Slow?
Then you'll ever wonder how far this govt can go in just 4 years. Birds of like feathers you'll say.they will always want to continue to hold on to power.Nobody is ready to leave power easily not in this country.
Don't be surprised he'll even want to stay for 25 years all in the name of Continuity or whatever.
This is Naija where anything goes.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by tukur2002n(m): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2007
my people una all don yearn well but i hope say all this yearning dem go hear sha if not abeg i don even loose all hope say dis country go better ooo. just pray 4 ur sef and family make we get our daily bread simple. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by sexsogood: 9:49am On Sep 04, 2007
You people can talk. like say if then put una there now, una go turn water to wine immediately.
Let us all continue praying that whether bad or good we will excel.
9ja no go spoil.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by marjson(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2007
smiley God Will put us through, Lets all be optimistic, 15 yrs Plan does not mean he is staying for 15 yrs, and if he really meets the needs of Nigerians infact he might go more than 4 terms,
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by deor03(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2007
my brothers and sisters,

It will take a long time to develope the  niger-delta  region. Developement of  a  region  or  a  country  goes  beyond  building roads and having  water etc (  it's a  crucial part,  don't  crucify  me) ,  development is  actually  more on the people. Imagine  what  is on  the  mind of a 6-10  year  old  REAL  niger delta boy ( NOT THE  ONES  WHO  GREW  UP IN LAGOS and REMEMBER THEY  ARE from NIGER DELTANs when it comes SHELL, MOBIL, recruitment). It will  take  a lot  to  change  his  mind from NOT  trusting the government  to  beleiving the  state. 15  years  is  not too long  or  short  for  these. Yaradua  will  definatetly NOT  stay  15  years  but  let  concentrate on  the  main  issue (DEVELOPING  NIGER  DELTA) and  not an  individual (YARADUA)
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2007
you know he is a science lecturer, think he believes in the priciple of slow and steady,,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Protests Killing Of Its Nationals In Libya / National Security Adviser Tells PDP Govs To Emulate ACN Govs / Ribadu Pledges To Bring Accountability To Petroleum Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.