Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? (5067 Views)

Why I Choose Yar'adua To Suceed Me As President -obasanjo / Breaking News: Yar'adua To Proceed On Two-week Leave / President Yar'adua To Go On 8-week Medical Trip To Europe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by adeniyidru(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2007
hi friends, thanks for contributing to this thread but there is this query i will like to attach,it goes like this--

am surprise and at-times find it difficult to imagine how some of OUR friends(nairaland users) think, its scaring!!! reading post contributed by some, all they write about is negativity--i mean negative input,-they think upside down (permit me to say),they never see and write about positive issue saying the truth about issues that bounce back to suffer them in most cases--for instance(Alamasei, case and many more like that) and never benefit their existence as Nigerians, infact if they have no hope in this country again,yet that should not be their reason of bad mouthing their motherland/origin.

i am sure friends you understand what am pointing at, when discussing the issue of somebody who does something bad,others will be saying the opposite and i am very certain that it is this same particular people that suffers most under Nigeria economy whatever be Co's they never see good/positive things around them,
to end this they seems not to believe that it is possible to live simply and succeed in this country,so pls fellow Nigerians start thinking right especially when contributing on the forum,thanks.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by hajifaty: 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2007
I feel you all but let us wait and see what is gonna happen in the future.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by seun001(m): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2007
mimiko:

hey ve u noticed constant light is this part of Yar Adua's work or is fluke or mistake?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah grin
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by company1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2007
If Yar'Adua Like he should rule for 100 years because he is the person in power now that is why he is talking about ruling for 15 years but his Highest Tenure will be 8 years. I no fit shout ooo
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by saintchux(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2007
@babasin

I now understand why we do not develop. Just because Yar'Adua has a fifteen years plan means he is going to rule for fifteen years.

It is so unfortunate that when developed country are planing for their great grand children, we want to plan only for ourselves and our tummy.

I now understand more why Naira denomination was quash, some people are asking why should soludo plan to implement naira denomination in August when his tenure expires in June.

I think I now understand why there is alot of decay in our system. They build road just to last for four years, so that after four year a new government will reconstruct it, they equip the hospital only for their tenure, so that after that a new government will decide either to equip it or build a new one. I think I understand better now.

FYI: Nigeria will never develop with all this four years plan. If Yar'Adua have a 20 years plan, no problem. The issue should be that the plan should involve all the stalkholders so that when he leaves the office, the next president will be able to carry the plan forward. What we need is continuity of good plans and not starting afresh.

Those that started millennium development goal may not be there when it is achieved.

If OBJ had carried all stalkholders along in the selling of refineries, reforms the education sector, and concession and waviers given to importers, etc, Yar'Adua would have continued with other business rather than reviewing and canceling it.

Please let there be plans, even 50 years plan will be welcomed, provided it will make Nigeria great.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by papabaks(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hmmmmm angry In fact am confused

papa
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by babasin(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2007
@saintchux

very well said.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by kaydee01: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
hmmn, no be naija again, lets see if he ll live till then, no wahala at all
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by alanbolo(m): 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Denex, I feel yr writeups and sentiments, the watchword is positivity.

@warfy boy, I feel u too but I'm not too sure to engage u in yr negativity. during the April 14 election, u promised to check out soonest cause u've lost hope in 9ja - maybe that'll be better 4 u den, as u'll be so preoccupied working at the oyimboland that u'll not be able to have time to post a tread at all. I'm not in support of all the govt. policies but it seem u're not ready to give mr president a little chance at all. grin grin grin

let me ask u, have u ever being a leader of an organized club or association? What are yr experience during yr tenure if any.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by labiyemmy(m): 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2007
i want him for 67 years.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by seun001(m): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2007
alanbolo:

let me ask u, have u ever being a leader of an organized club or association? What are yr experience during yr tenure if any.

WORD!
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by hufiz(m): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2007
people like mr. president Yar'adua are the right person for nigeria.OGA keep it up God is with you.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by babasin(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2007
people like mr. president Yar'adua are the right person for nigeria.

I heared this before:

'who the cap fit-Abacha'

'without OBJ, Nigeria will collpse'

there is no indispensable man.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by hollo: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2007
[color=#000099]what kind of topic is this? who even told u he's gonna use up to 2 terms. he is a very humble president hoping 2 step down when asked 2. using up to 15yrs will be a great thing 2 witness,
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by sweeti14(f): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2007
15 YEARS!!??,HA HA HA HA HA this must be a big joke.That slow coach that looks like he will die the next minute rule for 15 years?Any how,with God nothing is impossible.I just pray God preserves his life for the "15 years"and more.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by ammeennaah: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2007
Hi everyone,

I managed to read a few of the responses and just had about enough to discontinue. However, I couldn't help but register in order to comment on the topic. Reading all the responses gave myself a little reminder towards life in general, but particularly when it comes to Nigeria as a Nation.

Every individual has a sole responsibility not just to himself and his family, we all have a responsibility towards our community and nation at large. Unfortunately,  quite often we neglect those little but vital responsibilities that goes a long way, and creating an enoumous damage even to our imaginative mind.

The government of Nigeria are begining to build a safe haven for its people, although slow, but they will only get there if we all can build ourselves.  They will make mistakes, and fall like a child learning to walk, but at the end, will run if we encourage and not critisize them of their shortcomings. Eventually, we all will walk proudly with our heads up.  

Thanks
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by A40(m): 5:13am On Sep 16, 2007
No be only 15 years na 150 years
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by olaak1(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2007
hun nigerians with propaganda where do you get your facts from?
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by tonia2000(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2007
Master yaradua'' No way for 15years sir cool
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by denex: 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2007
@tonia2000

who even told you that Yar'Adua is interested in ruling for 8 years, but by his third year, when he sees what Nigerians are truly made of, he'll become tired of us. He will hate his life and will require massive pressure from the PDP to contest 2nd term.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by tonia2000(f): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2007
@denex
In fact my observations about the man is he seems to respect himself and he might not behave like some past greedy leaders.
no vex o u be politician? cool
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by bsanya(f): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2009
Lets always pray 4 him xpecialy about his health. I think with God on his side he will make naija a better place to be than that ugly mororo.Kudos to him about the rule of law xpecialy with what happen in Ondo State
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by ocelot2006(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2009
Yaradua may go for a 2nd term, but he is definitely not going for a 3rd term. The tendency of "Stay put" leaders in Nigeria ended when OBJ chose not to run for a 3rd term. No one will allow it.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by nex(m): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2009
How many people still believe Yar'Adua will live another 13 years, not to talk about ruling.

In fact, I retract my earlier statement posted under "denex" nym. I declare now that Yar'Adua won't run for a second tenure.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by MrCrackles(m): 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
YarAdua rule for 15 years shocked grin grin grin grin
I laugh in Blomfontein. . . cheesy
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by redsun(m): 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2009
How can he stay 15years when he hasn't got much to live natural?that guy is a dead man walking u know.

Everything in nigeria will fall into place,it just a matter of we deciding.
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by e36991: 5:59pm On May 22, 2010
RIP

Man proposes, God disposes

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps - Proverbs 16:9
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by otawa: 6:02pm On May 23, 2010
redsun:

How can he stay 15years when he hasn't got much to live natural?that guy is a dead man walking u know.

Everything in nigeria will fall into place,it just a matter of we deciding.

You be witch?
Re: Yar'adua To Rule For 15 Years? by tck2000(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Vote For Two Honest Men / Local Govt Chairman Shot Dead In Borno / Nigeria Protests Killing Of Its Nationals In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.