Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,230 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice (6214 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: 4 Methods Corrupt Nigerians Use To Steal Nigeria's Money / Former Chief Justice’s Son Joins Terrorist Group ISIS / How Buhari's Wickedness Killed Chief Obafemi Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by Baawaa(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2011
If dis country want 2 really move 4ward,we need dis Law seriously.As far as China is concerns,dis law is helping dem,any public holder dat embezzle money wil be prosecute,if he or she is guilty death is d penalty.Tell me,politicians wil reduce,corruptions wil also reduce.In china presently dat is wat dey ar using d moment u abuse d oppotunity givin 2 u by ur community,u hav finish ur family because ur surname cannot hav somtin tangible 2 do wt china government again. Let d house of assembly support it,let d legislators support it.Everybody wil sit tight!!
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by igbo2011(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2011
@KnowAll
Corrupt as in accepting bribe or embezzling? Also, is this only for politics or business too? Your idea sounds very good. We should also strip all assets and sell to the government. Any cars that they bought with the money can go to a corruption auction to be sold to the public.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2011
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by Pifa: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2011
jamace:

I  think The Chief Justice is only expressing his opinion.

The Chief Justice  should ensure that corrupt leaders brought before the courts are dealt with according to the books. That will go a long way in curbing corruption.

There is a difference between expressing an opinion and suggesting a judicial punishment to a body whose constitutional duty it is to make laws and set punishment for violating said laws. The CJ designate could very well have opined on the legality of capital punishment, if such provision in law was constitutionally or statutorily ambiguous. That would be acceptable although judicial wisdom would dictate not tipping your hand on how you would vote, if such constitutional challenge were to make its way to your court.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by ud4u: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
100% supported
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2011
This is exactly what Tunde Idiagbon said until he died in a mysterious way.I just hope this man has written his will cuz all eyez are on him now.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by oohunt: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2011
I don't know about killing but I know that our God is not sleeping.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by moshoodn(m): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
Hmmmmm, in Nigeria here, corruption is bliss.
But we need drastic measures like long term imprisonment.
All is well.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by namdo(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2011
they would frame & kill their enemies too. well i suggest long/life sentences in jail rather.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by ceasyc(f): 5:01am On Sep 24, 2011
@topic - for real?

implement d law sharp sharp. oya 1 2 3 go
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by ebere1712: 5:10am On Sep 24, 2011
Useless people. useless country. Nothing would change until we learn to respect each other, and unless their is a drastic change in the attitude of Nigerians, this would never happen.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by EagleNest(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2011
I like his proposal. Whether it is in his domain as Chief Justice to say it or not is irrelevant. Drastic situation requires drastic action. Nigeria is almost reaching a boiling point. Let's try it first and see if it will not help us as it is being done in China. In future, when we get back to our senses again such that police will arrest you for offering bribe to him, then we can soft pedal and go for life sentences, etc
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by EvilBrain1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2011
The judiciary's job is to interpret and uphold the laws made by the national assembly, not to make new ones. His honour needs to STFU and face his work. Maybe he should concentrate on reforming the corrupt judiciary in order to reclaim some of the respect they once had; or makng sure the PDP cannot buy another favourable decision at the presidential electoral tribunal; or ruling fairly on some of the many cases before the apex court. Leave lawmaking to the people elected for that purpose.

Why can't these people learn to play their position? If Nigeria's government were a football team, it'd have 11 strikers and no goalkeeper.
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by bkbabe97y(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2011
EagleNest:

I like his proposal. Whether it is in his domain as Chief Justice to say it or not is irrelevant. Drastic situation requires drastic action. Nigeria is almost reaching a boiling point. Let's try it first and see if it will not help us as it is being done in China. In future, when we get back to our senses again such that police will arrest you for offering bribe to him, then we can soft pedal and go for life sentences, etc

Finito!
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by mensdept: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
oohunt:

I don't know about killing but I know that our God is not sleeping.

Holy mountain of fire member, You need to wake up and leave God out of this one for once

Evil Brain:

The judiciary's job is to interpret and uphold the laws made by the national assembly, not to make new ones. His honour needs to STFU and face his work. Maybe he should concentrate on reforming the corrupt judiciary in order to reclaim some of the respect they once had; or makng sure the PDP cannot buy another favourable decision at the presidential electoral tribunal; or ruling fairly on some of the many cases before the apex court. Leave lawmaking to the people elected for that purpose.

Why can't these people learn to play their position? If Nigeria's government were a football team, it'd have 11 strikers and no goalkeeper.

Mr Man, this is 9ja. We know what are leaders are "supposed" to be doing, but since 1966, have they done it?  You want us to "leave lawmaking to the people elected for that purpose", then you are an , simple.

Its time for corrupt leaders to pay their fair share, and any town or city, or state that could not deal with corrupt leaders should not receive a federal allocation either!!!
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by MyJoe: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2011
nateevs:

Yes corrupt politicians should get stiff sentences in the case,  the Chief Justice is way out of order. In a country where people don't know what their place is and what they should say in public, you will end up with more chaos. I am ashamed to be associated with a country where a member of judiciary makes such suggestions in public.
Thank you!
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by MyJoe: 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2011
eGuerrilla:

In reaching for low hanging fruit, here, our Chief Justice has really not added any meaningful value to the debate on how best to tackle corruption.
I know @knowall has provided a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) template of his own; showing how one should appraise the success of capital punishment, but even this misses the point.  

We need look no further than our Sharia states in the North, where not a single member of the establishment has been prosecuted to date, to see how merely introducing more punitive measures does not necessarily translate into good governance nor enjoin greater civic responsibility.  

The truth is, what is being advocated here is nothing short of a knee-jerk solution; one that fails to acknowledge causal factors of corruption like our flawed implementation of the Federal Character project.

Amnesty Report, 2008
Thank you!
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by mensdept: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^^lol Thank you
Re: Corrupt Nigerians Should Be Killed - Chief Justice by Pifa: 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
eGuerrilla:

The truth is, what is being advocated here is nothing short of a knee-jerk solution; one that fails to acknowledge causal factors of corruption like our flawed implementation of the Federal Character project.

Amnesty Report, 2008

What is the Federal Character Project?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny But Pathetic Situation of Child Abuse in Nigeria / Ibe Kachikwu Refutes Smuggling Allegation, Demand Retraction, Compensation / Diezani Maduake Pants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.