Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,153 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online (29994 Views)

10th NASS: South-West Senators Consider Other Options, May Drop Akpabio / ISIS Attacks Nigerian Soldiers, Kills Commander And 20 Others - Tribune Online / How Buhari’s Strategists Disinformed The North About Atiku - Tribune Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Creeper: 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2023
Christistruth03:

Bukola Saraki was Yoruba

But does he claim Yoruba? And he’s in NC not SW.

This is like saying Obanikoro is Edo.

Stop claiming people that don’t claim you. The man is a Caliphate dog - he belongs to Fulani.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by MrAgbako: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
Reelmii:
grin......power sweet ooo..God abeg reason my matter naa...make me sef dey get atleast government contracts......this new regime must favour me by fire by force
now u talking like a politician😂
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by YesDaddy1: 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Apabio is the next SP.
We would have preferred Oshiomole but he's new to The Senate.
My thots exactly.
Oshobaba has proven o be a trusted and loyal ally. Its a pity he's new to d senate.

Laslas we go manage akpabio or any loyal senator from ss
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by viodemus: 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2023
That is good, atleast he is close to igbos, he is corrupt but not anti American, not anti Israeli, not anti UK, etc. he also understands that those islamics tribalist in those resourcesless regions are looking for a ways to maintain control.

We told the hateful islamics SW tribalist, make we no hear pim. So, we are thanking them from the bottom of our hearts, we did not have much at that time, but now, in the right positions, their aerial threats can be turned toothless.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Otokpafacts: 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
For equity and fairness, we have Orji Uzor Kalu and Dave Umahi from south east in honour of the federal character.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Christistruth03: 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Creeper:

But does he claim Yoruba? And he’s in NC not SW.

This is like saying Obanikoro is Edo.

Stop claiming people that don’t claim you. The man is a Caliphate dog - he belongs to Fulani.

Obanikoro is Awori

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Creeper: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2023
Christistruth03:

Obanikorp is Awori

LMAOOO.

I know you love posting questionable/disjointed Yoruba pseudo-history (based on what I’ve seen since I’ve been here recently) and I’m a tad iffy if Yoruba or not. Then again, most Yoruba people don’t know Yoruba history.

However, not everything in Lagos is Awori. Obanikoro family are Yorubanised Benin people just as the Oshodis are Yorubanised Nupes. And there are a few families from Lagos like that. I’m sure there many Yoruba families in Oyo, Abeokuta and Lagos that were Hausa and Fulani slaves cum warriors who’re Yoruba today.

Heck, there are Itsekiri people in Lagos who still speak the Itsekiri dialect albeit mixed with Awori dialect that people call ‘Aworis’ today. Granted they consider themselves as Yoruba unlike Itsekiris in Delta, who are about 80-90% Yorubas, who have a new identity. However, it doesn’t negate the fact that they were there in Delta state when the Yoruba speakers there created the Itsekiri identity - before they migrated to Lagos to form another community.

Even a quick Google Scholar search would tell you that the Obanikoro family are from Benin (the screenshot below shows excerpts from a book about the history of Aworis).

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Basic123: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
DeLaRue:
If Tinubu supports any candidate, no SW senators will identify themselves as opposing that candidate.

What has surprised me most is how that Senator Bamidele Opeyemi is forcefully making sure he appears in any photograph with the President- elect. He was behind him at the airport the other day. The next day he was at Tinubu's house.

But this man was on TV just before APC primary saying 'I can never work with Tinubu'.

When the reporter reminded him that Tinubu had helped to launch and progress his political career. He completely denied it, and said they were colleagues in Lagos and nothing more that that.

He was one of the Vice president 's supporters, and part of another group of Aso -Rock actors against Tinubu.

To now see the same man hanging on Tinubu's coat tail like a houseboy tells you all you need to know about humans.

I find the whole thing incredulous.
Obidients and Ignorance.

You have mistook babafemi ojudu for bamidele
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by DOptical: 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
DeLaRue:
If Tinubu supports any candidate, no SW senators will identify themselves as opposing that candidate.

What has surprised me most is how that Senator Bamidele Opeyemi is forcefully making sure he appears in any photograph with the President- elect. He was behind him at the airport the other day. The next day he was at Tinubu's house.

But this man was on TV just before APC primary saying 'I can never work with Tinubu'.

When the reporter reminded him that Tinubu had helped to launch and progress his political career. He completely denied it, and said they were colleagues in Lagos and nothing more that that.

He was one of the Vice president 's supporters, and part of another group of Aso -Rock actors against Tinubu.

To now see the same man hanging on Tinubu's coat tail like a houseboy tells you all you need to know about humans.

I find the whole thing incredulous.

Lol. I can remember him now. He was the one acting oversabi at the back of Tinubu while Tinubu was having his recent interview. Just so he would be noticed by Tinubu.. Lol.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by juman(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Fake news is common with tribune.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by juman(m): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
Let the will of God be done.
Godswill Akpabio is the man.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by pquaver(m): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
Melanin80:
I pity my Igbo Brothers and sisters, I feel for them so much. The level of marginalization is too much. The Senate presidency shouldn't be a matter that should be debated among regions. It is supposed to unanimously go the southeast without much ado. They have been relegated to the background, their agitation for Biafra is beginning to get valid and credence.

I am igbo and i disagree with you.. This politics. Monkey cannot work and baboon will chop. We are bonafide igbos we told our brothers and people, we cautioned againt divisine, bitter and politics of calumny.. They said never, they know all even. Tjough they have been doing same thing for years. Those of us who called for new direction for ndigbo were called all sort of derogatory names..
As you make ur bed so you lie on it.. You yam you reap yam. You cant sow beans and expect a harvest of rice. It wont work and will never work.. They must learn that for every Action there is an equal and opposite reaction..
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by pquaver(m): 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2023
meum:
I feel the legislators should be allowed to choose their leaders without party interference. Any aspirant should lobby his/her colleagues to vote in his/her favour. That is when the legislative arm of government can checkmate the executive arm of government. Consensus in a democracy? Na wa!

See what happened during Lawan’s & Gbaja’s time, the legislature became a rubber stamp for executive administrative r*scality

For a healthy democracy the legislators should be allowed to choose who should lead them

Tell is the difference between david mark tenure of your beloved gej and lawan please? I am. Waiting..
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by sangresan(m): 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/three-south-west-senators-driving-akpabios-ambition-revealed/

No APC senator from the Southwest could have spoken to the yeye paper called Tribune.

No, Yoruba senators from the APC will never support Orji Kalu.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Jack500: 12:28am On Apr 27, 2023
Niwdog:
rigging election na translate to working for Tinubu
For his interest sidelining the southeast will be bad for Tinubu govt
Cause he will become boy boy to northern power
If tinubu truly wants to change Nigeria he should set his govt like obj
If not once he set a rule that does not favour the northerner SE may join hands to impeach him if the needs arise

Keep fooling yourself. Ten thousands of your fathers can't stop Tinubu. .

Impeached?😆😆. The funniest thing I have read today, have you seen a Nigeria president impeached before? Even as clueless as GEJ was, he wasn't impeached let alone jagaban, all of you go receive sense
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by ziggy247: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Sermwell:
Buhari's useless government saw me making and saving close to a #100m in savings alone! I quite know how to beat a corrupt system and make more money. I know thiefnubuu's government will be a more corrupt and useless one, and I intend to make more legit money. grin grin

I just hope the supporters of this useless politicians know how to beat the system and make more money??
Show me small way nah...... Biko!!!
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by gmo10(m): 9:32am On Apr 27, 2023
[quote author=RamseyKush post=122759731]Make them calm down first

Obi go still recover that mandate.[/quote
Unrepentant lots...una no dey tire?
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by softwareman(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2023
studio43:

Did you even read the whole write up abi na just the headline that you read ?

Kalu may get the SP that's what the whole write up says and not what you that's not politically relevant says

Read again and understand
You don't get it.
The write-up was OBVIOUSLY SPONSORED BY KALU!
it is a botched job. ALL SW SENATORS ARE MOST LIKELY GOING FOR AKPABIO and SOUTH SOUTH

The only thing that can change that is if the party zones the position SPECIFICALLY TO THE SOUTH EAST.
Please note am only talking of South west APC senators.
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by softwareman(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2023
Basic123:

Obidients and Ignorance.

You have mistook babafemi ojudu for bamidele
Thank you. But he did not MISTAKE.
He was WILLFULLY LYING.
He knows the truth, but their default nature is LIES and PROPAGANDA.
That's OBIDIENTS for you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by BidenDTrounced: 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2023
Defused and Defanged

BidenDTrounced:
I've received reports on Juan Guaido, I'll take action on that later in the day.

Joe Biden vowed to make Saudi Arabia a pariah state. He failed, he bent the knee, crown prince MBS prevailed.
He blamed President Putin

During the Iran hijab/regime change protests, suggesting a Libya/Gaddafi 2.0:

"We're going to free Iran"
Joe Biden

What happened? He failed.

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by GreaterFuture(m): 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Sermwell:
Buhari's useless government saw me making and saving close to a #100m in savings alone! I quite know how to beat a corrupt system and make more money. I know thiefnubuu's government will be a more corrupt and useless one, and I intend to make more legit money. grin grin

I just hope the supporters of this useless politicians know how to beat the system and make more money??
You may have gotten lots of mentioms/Quotes already..
But are You serious? Like really serious
Even if it's not up to that amount...
If you not trolling, pls tell me which field or Industry are you referring to
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Sermwell(m): 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
GreaterFuture:

You may have gotten lots of mentioms/Quotes already..
But are You serious? Like really serious
Even if it's not up to that amount...
If you not trolling, pls tell me which field or Industry are you referring to
Trolling is the last thing I want to do here on nairaland. I mean every word I typed up there cool
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by GreaterFuture(m): 12:29am On Apr 28, 2023
Sermwell:

Trolling is the last thing I want to do here on nairaland. I mean every word I typed up there cool
What industry or Sub-industry is this
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Sermwell(m): 12:40am On Apr 28, 2023
GreaterFuture:

What industry or Sub-industry is this
Importation & forex (Dollar buying) cool

1 Like

Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by GreaterFuture(m): 3:48am On Apr 28, 2023
Sermwell:

Importation & forex (Dollar buying) cool
Alright.
Do you by chance have Cheaper Than black market Dollars? Even if it is less by 5 to 10 naira
Local or offshore
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by Sermwell(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Alright.
Do you by chance have Cheaper Than black market Dollars? Even if it is less by 5 to 10 naira
Local or offshore
It's far worse than black market! It's direct deals! Apex bank(CBN) and ministry of finance staff connivance and some percentage sharing!

We don't even have to buy in some cases. We bypass the process.
This country is corrupt abeg grin grin

I can't give vivid details here
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by GreaterFuture(m): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2023
Sermwell:

It's far worse than black market! It's direct deals! Apex bank(CBN) and ministry of finance staff connivance and some percentage sharing!

We don't even have to buy in some cases. We bypass the process.
This country is corrupt abeg grin grin

Ok. Far worse or "Better" than black market you mean??
That's quite a connection if true...

I would like to talk to you Privately if Possible Pls.
My number is on My Signature/profile
Re: 3 South-West Senators Driving Akpabio’s Ambition Revealed - Tribune Online by GreaterFuture(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
Sermwell:

Bros Good evening, Please would you give me a chance of small audience... I'm also a bit experienced in the FX world and business too
Pls would like to chat with you extensively offline as regards this
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo Assembly Set To Impeach Rauf Olaniyan, Depuy Governor (Photo) / 22 Top Federal Officials Sacked Over Budget Padding / #Resume or Resign Protesters Hold Sit-out In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.