Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins (16455 Views)

Police Rescue 600 Kano Workers Locked For 3 Months In Rice Factory / 5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job / One Million Naira Waiting In The FCMB #flexxyourcreativity Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by abjonline(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
Guys, why are recruiting firms in Nigeria this wicked? I was invited for an interview which was to start by 9am. As at 12:30pm, I was still in the waiting room.
Why can't they give time to each person instead of inviting everybody to join at the same time?
Eventually, I had to log out when I was tired.
This is wickedness oo

1 Like

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
Hmmmm, the time wasting might be part of the interview, just to test your patience..........3 hours is not too much bro remember this Nigeria where things are abnormal....
Hardluck though...

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
The problem is that most recruiters see themselves as semi-gods. You can easily perceive the air of pride & arrogance all around them. This is not a test of patience but sheer irresponsibility.

In Nigeria, human dignity is never respected, especially towards Job seekers. It is inhuman to keep people waiting unnecessarily without a reason or an apology

Know this and know peace, we are what we are by the Grace of God.

158 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Dagger79(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by buygala(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
Recruiting firms that already have their own chosen candidates for the Job grin... The Interview is mostly to keep up an appearance of a legit selection...

Nigerians accuse Buhari of nepotism and corruption, while most Nigerians are terribly nepotistic and corrupt even in their small roles.. Buhari is the true personification of the average Nigerian..

To show how bad the situation is, even sharing rice in a Nigerian wedding is aggressively controlled by Cliques and Caucuses, friends, committees, Church groups, etc.. If you attend a Nigerian wedding without belonging to the dominant caucus there, You will watch people get their 3rd plate of food while you are left with Eva wine and Bigi Cola grin

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by BarrElChapo(m): 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
☹️
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by SultanOfAbia: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Benki003(m): 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria grin grin
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by motionarena: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
H
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Afonjacrusder(f): 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by massingale(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
They feel the applicants are at their mercy !!

8 Likes

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by kpakpakpa(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
Lol
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by motionarena: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
abjonline:
Guys, why are recruiting firms in Nigeria this wicked? I was invited for an interview which was to start by 9am. As at 12:30pm, I was still in the waiting room.
Why can't they give time to each person instead of inviting everybody to join at the same time?
This is wickedness oo

You should have sent an email to the Organizer to know if the meeting is still holding

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Jestin: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
The reasons I will never work for any man

10 Likes

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by cokeryusuf09(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
It is an annoying situation but you got to keep applying to other jobs and message or call the company to remind them of the interview

1 Like

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by abobote: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
You should have waited
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by HomorBj(m): 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Have had these experiences on 2 different occasions, those guys feel like small gods,thinking since you're needy,you would await till whenever they are ready.
Nigerians are naturally wicked and full of pride especially when they possess what you need.

10 Likes

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by lumens: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
shocked

Iyaebethegreat can confirm.

3 Likes

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Krublog(m): 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
This is not a normal interview but a test for patience and data grin
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Lolz! Is like you just concluded Nysc?
Hus 3 hours wen some dey house 3 years since service
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by dfrost: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
abjonline:
This is wickedness oo

Just use it to learn perseverance. But that is wrong on their part.

We should treat people with dignity regardless.

5 Likes

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by SocialJustice: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
abjonline:
This is wickedness oo
Wayward GenZ is written all over you. I hope your parents are rich else you will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by ImoleNaija: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Dem sub for you You don try, abeg.

I don wait from 9am to 5pm before, but it's a physical interview. grin

4 Likes

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by meum: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
Some companies do this. It’s not right. Fix my time & keep to it. I may have other plans for the day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by ZenithDt22: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
Too bad
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by DRPAIT123(m): 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Hmmmm, the time wasting might be part of the interview, just to test your patience..........3 hours is not too much bro remember this Nigeria where things are abnormal....
Hardluck though...
That would be a very stupid thing to do though, why make people pass through cruel ordeals to test them?
If I could hazard a guess, I would say the company in question isn't worth the stress but OP is only trying hard to find a job that he would later regret.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by helinues: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
Too bad
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by Traplord09: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
HomorBj:
Have had these experiences on 2 different occasions, those guys feel like small gods,thinking since you're needy,you would await till whenever they are ready.
Nigerians are naturally wicked and full of pride especially when they possess what you need.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
In Nigeria dot anythin gosesss
Re: Waiting in The Waiting Room For 3:30mins by RepoMan007: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2023
abjonline:
This is wickedness oo
needed to be sure you are not engaged and trying to attend their interview then still go for half day job in your suspected current job. Get it? It also means you have no option and so could be cheap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.