Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka (847 Views)

This Picture Of Obi In Southern Kaduna Brought Tears To My Eyes / This Photo Brought Tears To My Eyes. / In 9 Mins, Nigerian Woman, Chiaka Thelma, Gives Birth To Sextuplets In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by sarrki(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Uzoma Chilaka ✍

NORTH, YOU BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES

On Monday, I shared with us that NYSC had posted my 2nd daughter to Kebbi State to serve her fatherland.

In the said post, I expressed my concern over the distance and never the location or her security - though you, my friends (especially those of the Northern extraction) assured me of her safety.

But someone went a step further. This friend came inbox and told me what amazed me.

Here's what he said,

"If your daughter is coming by road, ask her to come to Sokoto, I work with Usumanu Danfodio University Sokoto, UDUS. I and my family will drive her to her camp in Kebbi State - it's about 200km"!

Can you believe that!

This same great soul had once asked for my phone number and sent me airtime. He said it was to "... appreciate my faithfulness".

Cut a long story short, Muhammad Jibo and his wife drove about 200km to Kebbi, spent 7 solid hrs on the road, to take my daughter to the camp - this is aside the hours they spent in the sun waiting for my daughter's bus to arrive Sokoto!

And I ask, WHAT MANNER OF LOVE IS THIS?

ARE THESE YOUR EVERYDAY KIND OF PEOPLE?

WHAT DRIVES THIS SELFLESS AND SACRIFICIAL LOVE FOR A MAN YOU HAVE NEVER SET EYES ON?

As I asked myself these questions, tears came down my eyes - even now, it is happening again!

Muhammad Jibo, wherever you go, this love that you've shown me and mine will follow you and yours!

That's all I can say..."

Muhammad Jibo, Allah ya saka da alkhairi.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by sarrki(m): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
Cooldowntemper:
Mad country

This is the Nigeria we all crave for

Not like people like you

That wakes up with hate dine with hate and sleep with hate

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
The Hausa/Fulanis are the kindest human we have in Nigeria. They don't have to know you before extending the act of kindness towards you. Truth in it's raw form

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Cooldowntemper: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:

Not like people like you

Serial bigot trying to behave sane

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by oyebanji44: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Nigerians, Nigerians

what have they (ibos) brought to us ? Civil war.. grin grin
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by helinues: 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
Cooldowntemper:

Serial bigot trying to behave sane

Mynd44
Seun
Oamj4

Rule 2
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Saao(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:
Uzoma Chilaka ✍

On Monday, I shared with us that NYSC had posted my 2nd daughter to Kebbi State to serve her fatherland.

In the said post, I expressed my concern over the distance and never the location or her security - though you, my friends (especially those of the Northern extraction) assured me of her safety.

But someone went a step further. This friend came inbox and told me what amazed me.

Here's what he said,

"If your daughter is coming by road, ask her to come to Sokoto, I work with Usumanu Danfodio University Sokoto, UDUS. I and my family will drive her to her camp in Kebbi State - it's about 200km"!

Can you believe that!

This same great soul had once asked for my phone number and sent me airtime. He said it was to "... appreciate my faithfulness".

Cut a long story short, Muhammad Jibo and his wife drove about 200km to Kebbi, spent 7 solid hrs on the road, to take my daughter to the camp - this is aside the hours they spent in the sun waiting for my daughter's bus to arrive Sokoto!

WHAT DRIVES THIS SELFLESS AND SACRIFICIAL LOVE FOR A MAN YOU HAVE NEVER SET EYES ON?

As I asked myself these questions, tears came down my eyes - even now, it is happening again!

Muhammad Jibo, wherever you go, this love that you've shown me and mine will follow you and yours!

That's all I can say..."

that's the usually lifestyle in North even in Abuja here. If you stays in Lagos you may lost your sense of humanity.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Jostoman: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Anytime i see Atiku, i see a good Fulani man

Anytime i see Sanusi Lamido i see a good fulani man

Anytime i see Tambuwa i see a good Fulani man with a good heart

Anytime i see Sultan of Sokoto i see a good Fulani man.

Anytime i see usman alkali baba(IGP) i see a very good fulani man
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Ogiame: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
The Hausa/Fulanis are the kindest human we have in Nigeria. They don't have to know you before extending the act of kindness towards you. Truth in it's raw form
As usual, ass licking. Don't end up like your dad please.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Jostoman: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ogiame:
As usual, ass licking. Don't end up like your dad please.
dont blame them they need buhari to help them rig the tribunal before he leaves office.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by didroon43: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
There are lots of people like this in Nigeria. And they are in every tribe.

It is just the top wicked people we see that keeps bringing tribalistic bigotry amongst us.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by SporaD8: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:
Uzoma Chilaka ✍

Here's what he said,

Can you believe that!

That's all I can say..."

Barred Religious extremism, an average Northerner will make you shed tears with their uncanny selflessness and sacrifice!
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Hessem: 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2023
As an Igbo person,I prefer Hausa to Yoruba anytime any day.
Yoruba always see igbos as competition
Igbos no dey even send them.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Stone03: 3:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:
Uzoma Chilaka ✍

Here's what he said,

Can you believe that!

That's all I can say..."

This is the kind of news I like hearing about this country. We will get there in reality.

The election tribunal is another waited event that will change the picture of this country for good.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Phoen1X: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:

Not like people like you

Onye eriri eri.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by layzie: 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2023
Stories like this simply make u believe in what the founding fathers of this country must have seen. Makes u believe again in our oneness.

Welldone Muhammad Jibo, and thank you.

Just when u think nothing good can come out of this 'contraption'
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by WhiteNRed: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
They can be good sometimes
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by ManirBK: 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Posted to my Kebbi, lem me carry her too
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by sonature1: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:

Not like people like you

This Nigéria is impossible if the political class does not practise fairness, equity and justice.

This is just common sense...

1 Like

Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
Before Boko Haram became a thing, you can basically wake up in the morning and tell your family that you will be traveling from Maiduguri to Sokoto, without knowing a soul.

Upon reaching Sokoto, identity the house of the 'mai unguwa' or any prominent person, identity yourself and mission and you will be provided with accommodation and feeding and be guided to where you can achieve what you set out for, even be given 'something' to transport you back after your stay.

Many relationships, families, bonds and communities have been built on such.

This is Arewa.
Re: Hausa Man Brought Tears Of Joy To My Eyes An Igbo Man Writes-uzoma Chiaka by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
sarrki:
Uzoma Chilaka ✍

Here's what he said,

Can you believe that!

That's all I can say..."

This is a common occurrence to this day in northern Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

OSUN: WHAT TINUBU Told Adeleke, Oyetola After Supreme Court Verdict / Peter Obi Has No Choice, He Must Recognise Me As Labour Party Chairman -Apapa / Insecurity In the South East: Propaganda Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.