Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up (3725 Views)

Betrayal: My Friend Went Ahead To Date A Guy That Was Wooing Me / Man Cancelled Their Wedding On Their Way To Church In Abuja / "Boys Boarding School Didn't Turn Your Son Gay, Being Gay Is Hormonal" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by dubaino(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2023
Bride went ahead with wedding on her own after groom didn't turn up

A bride decided to have her wedding anyway when the groom-to-be backed out at the last minute. Kayley Stead said she discovered she wasn't going to marry her partner of almost four years the morning of her big day. Despite the heartbreak, Kayley decided to go ahead with the wedding, surrounded with her loved ones around her in a hotel in Swansea.

The 27-year-old went ahead with her wedding entrance, meal, speeches, dances and even posed for professional photos without her groom. She entered the party singing along to Lizzo's "Good as Hell" with her bridesmaids.

Kayley punched off the top tier of her wedding cake, and spent her first dance with the groomsmen, her brothers, and dad Brian, 71. Now living alone, with her honeymoon cancelled, Kayley is pleased she still had the party - so money and effort didn't go to waste.

Kayley, who works as an insurance clerk, said: "I saw the groom at around 4pm the day before the wedding and I haven't heard from him since. I'd spent all this money, I'd been looking forward to the food, a dance with my dad, spending time with my family, so why not?"

Kayley said she and her ex started dating in December 2018 and got engaged when he proposed in August 2020. The night before the wedding, Kayley stayed in an AirBnB celebrating with her bridesmaids while the groom and his groomsmen stayed in a caravan near the venue.

The groomsmen contacted the bridal party to tell them he'd left, she claims.

Kayley said: "We woke up at quarter past six when the make-up artist arrived, had breakfast together and then started getting ready. One of the groomsmen contacted my best friend to say the groom was gone, and the bridal party hid my phone so they could decide what was the best way to tell me and I wouldn't find out from someone else.

"They wanted to make sure he was definitely gone before panicking me. For a couple of hours, I was saying he was going to be there, and I asked the girls, his family and the groomsmen to continue getting ready, because I honestly believed he was going to be there."

At around 11am, Kayley had just sat to have her hair done with her make-up all finished when she spoke to the groom's dad on the phone. She claims he told her that her partner would not be attending the wedding.

Kayley said: "At that point, I was gone. I was sobbing. Once I told my parents, the hairdresser and the videographer, that's when I had to tell myself that it wasn't going to happen.

"As a joke, the videographer said: 'Why don't you carry on, girls? You've spent all this money, you're not getting it back, all your guests are there, why don't you just go?' My sister was redoing my make-up, because at that point it was all just gone, and she said: 'Why don't you do it, Kayley?'

"That's when I was like, I'm going to do it. I'd spent all this money, I'd been looking forward to the food, a dance with my dad, spending time with my family, so why not?"

Kayley continued: "I asked for ten minutes to myself before I saw my guests, and then rather than walking down the aisle, I walked round the corner in my dress and had everybody just looking at me.

"Nobody knew what to do, I think they were a bit scared to say something, and then everybody just started cheering and hugging me." All of the groomsmen stayed, as well as all of her friends, family and loved ones.

With their support, Kayley carried on with the day she had planned without her groom and made changes throughout to turn a devastating day into a beautiful one. She said: "We were just doing things off the cuff, really. It was all based on instinct, and we just went with it.

"The photographer took photos of me in my dress in the garden, and then we did family photos and bridesmaid photos instead of the bride and groom. You can probably see a few tear streaks down my face, but I love the photos.

"Everybody kept saying sorry to me, but I wanted that to stop - they hadn't chosen that path, they'd chosen to stay, so let's celebrate that."

Rather than sharing her first dance with the groom, Kayley instead danced with her dad, brothers and the groomsmen to Love You To The Moon and Back by Dolly Parton.

Instead of walking through the sparkler tunnel with her groom, Kayley walked through alone and partied the night away with her guests before spending the night in the bridal suite with her maid of honour and one of her best friends. Kayley is now adjusting to a newly-single life without her groom and isn't going on the honeymoon to Turkey.

MUN X LiverpoolEcho

1 Like

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nawttiboi007(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2023
This happened like two years ago

6 Likes

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 02, 2023
Crazy woman 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by mymadam(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Crazy woman 🤣🤣🤣🤣
She was caught between the devil and the open sea. She chose... 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 02, 2023
mymadam:

She was caught between the devil and the open sea. She chose... 🤣🤣🤣
How are you doing
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 02, 2023
If it was me, I wouldn't have the energy to continue... I'd have been crying like a baby.. grin grin grin
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by N3TRAL: 2:18pm On May 02, 2023
Samantha124:
If it was me, I wouldn't have the energy to continue... I'd have been crying like a baby.. grin grin grin

Samantha, you're so 👑 pretty. O. M. G. 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by IkeIgboNile(m): 2:31pm On May 02, 2023
Married to yourself grin
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by RaySimran: 2:49pm On May 02, 2023
They say:
"When live throughs you lemon, make lemonade outta it"
I'm happy she was still able to maintain the bearing. A strong woman she is. cool
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Jozilinn: 3:11pm On May 02, 2023
Old news

1 Like

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 02, 2023
smiley smiley smiley
N3TRAL:

Samantha, you're so 👑 pretty. O. M. G. 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by N3TRAL: 4:32pm On May 02, 2023
Samantha124:
smiley smiley smiley

Tell me about Law Practice in South Africa?
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Rokiat(f): 4:33pm On May 02, 2023
The part she left out is what she did that got the Groom to literally disappear like the flash like that?

Chie that Guy too wicked Sha.
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2023
no wonder they danced to Lizzo's song with her bridal party... as they are all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 02, 2023
She is one strong woman embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by jaybee345(m): 6:33pm On May 02, 2023
Samantha124:
smiley smiley smiley

So what's the update on your nephew? and did you take it up with your brother inlaw?
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by jaybee345(m): 6:34pm On May 02, 2023
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Baronthecelebri: 7:34pm On May 02, 2023
See how she fat like pig
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by mymadam(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
How are you doing
I'm doing just fine, thank you. How's life on the home front? Meanwhile, rest assured that you remain glued to my heart. At my end, nothing has changed. My calendar is always accurate, so all's well. "Twenty nine is a go" 😉 😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 02, 2023
I finally managed to convince him to buy the boy a charger, but it wasn't easy... The man is super stubborn.. grin grin grin

I had to find a way to manipulate him.. grin grin grin
jaybee345:

So what's the update on your nephew? and did you take it up with your brother inlaw?
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 02, 2023
You get your LLB degree, spend at least two years working as a candidate attorney at a law firm, that's if you want to be an attorney, and write your professional exams from any law society within the country.

But if you want to be an advocate, after obtaining your LLB degree, you'll have to work under another advocate for about one year and then make an application to the high court... You'll then be called to the bar and write your bar exams.
N3TRAL:

Tell me about Law Practice in South Africa?
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by udede(m): 10:11pm On May 02, 2023
Most white men hate puff puff. I mean fat ladies

1 Like

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2023
Samantha124:

Maybe he found out you've been cheating on him or your nudes were leaked out few hours to ur wedding. hence his refusal to show up for the wedding
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 11:27am On May 03, 2023
The way you like replying me comments, one would think that you're following me.. grin grin grin

Or do you have a twin in here? Or someone with a similar monicker?
FREDCLSSICO7:

Maybe he found out you've been cheating on him or your nudes were leaked out few hours to ur wedding. hence his refusal to show up for the wedding
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by N3TRAL: 1:20pm On May 03, 2023
Samantha124:
You get your LLB degree, spend at least two years working as a candidate attorney at a law firm, that's if you want to be an attorney, and write your professional exams from any law society within the country.

But if you want to be an advocate, after obtaining your LLB degree, you'll have to work under another advocate for about one year and then make an application to the high court... You'll then be called to the bar and write your bar exams.

Thank you for your response.

I can't relate with the difference between an Attorney and an Advocate because the labels are alien to the Nigerian legal system. But I guess it's similar to the description of Barristers and Solicitors, and the distinction between them. A Barrister defends clients in court while a Solicitor's legal profession is not built around the Solicitor's appearance in court as a professional litigator.

From your response, it appears as though your legal system has its roots in the British system of legal practitioners specializing as "court lawyers" or not. The Law Society and apprenticeship framework also makes its resemblance with the British legal system apparent. I do not know how much of English Law that your country has received into its legal system due to the prior settlement of Boars.

Until 1962, the procedure for becoming a legal practitioner in Nigeria was similar to that of your country. After 1962, Barristers were no longer differentiated from solicitors.

One's LL.B degree qualifies them to gain admission into the Nigerian Law School for a one year training, officially called Bar Part 2, if they obtained the degree from a Nigerian University. To get the qualifying certificate, an aspirant to the Nigerian Bar must complete 3 sets of dinners, go through a compulsory court and Law Firm externship program and pass the 5 mandatory courses of the Nigerian Law School. With one's Qualifying Certificate from the Nigerian law school, an aspirant is eligible to attend the Call to Bar ceremony , get a certificate of "Call to Bar". The Qualifying Certificate and Call to Bar certificate are the prerequisites to get one's name enrolled in the Supreme Court Roll of Legal Practitioners in Nigeria.

If one gains admission into the Nigerian Law school with an LL.B degree obtained from a foreign university, the aspirant will spend 2 years at the Nigerian Law School for Bar Part 1 program and the Bar Part 2 program already described in the preceding paragraph. Bar Part 1 is to get the foreign LL.B holders acquainted with substantial Nigerian law because the Bar Part 2 program focuses strictly on adjectival/procedural law.

Another question my new friend:

Is the legal system of your country Adversarial or Inquisitorial?
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 03, 2023
It has a combination of both systems.

I'd like to answer your questions in detail, but I don't have the energy.

I'll find time tomorrow to do it if I wake up feeling better, I'd also like to ask few questions... smiley smiley smiley
N3TRAL:

I can't relate with the difference between an Attorney and an Advocate because the labels are alien to the Nigerian legal system. But I guess it's similar to the description of Barristers and Solicitors, and the distinction between them. A Barrister defends clients in court while a Solicitor's legal profession is not built around the Solicitor's appearance in court as a professional litigator.

From your response, it appears as though your legal system has its roots in the British system of legal practitioners specializing as "court lawyers" or not. The Law Society and apprenticeship framework also makes its resemblance with the British legal system apparent. I do not know how much of English Law that your country has received into its legal system due to the prior settlement of Boars.

Until 1962, the procedure for becoming a legal practitioner in Nigeria was similar to that of your country. After 1962, Barristers were no longer differentiated from solicitors.

One's LL.B degree qualifies them to gain admission into the Nigerian Law School for a one year training, officially called Bar Part 2, if they obtained the degree from a Nigerian University. To get the qualifying certificate, an aspirant to the Nigerian Bar must complete 3 sets of dinners, go through a compulsory court and Law Firm externship program and pass the 5 mandatory courses of the Nigerian Law School. With one's Qualifying Certificate from the Nigerian law school, an aspirant is eligible to attend the Call to Bar ceremony , get a certificate of "Call to Bar". The Qualifying Certificate and Call to Bar certificate are the prerequisites to get one's name enrolled in the Supreme Court Roll of Legal Practitioners in Nigeria.

If one gains admission into the Nigerian Law school with an LL.B degree obtained from a foreign university, the aspirant will spend 2 years at the Nigerian Law School for Bar Part 1 program and the Bar Part 2 program already described in the preceding paragraph. Bar Part 1 is to get the foreign LL.B holders acquainted with substantial Nigerian law because the Bar Part 2 program focuses strictly on adjectival/procedural law.

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by N3TRAL: 8:48pm On May 03, 2023
Samantha124:
It has a combination of both systems.

I'd like to answer your questions in detail, but I don't have the energy.

I'll find time tomorrow to do it if I wake up feeling better, I'd also like to ask few questions... smiley smiley smiley

I'm anticipating your big reply!

Sleep like a baby! Goodnight.

It's 9:49pm in your country already.
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 10:06am On May 04, 2023
Our legal system consists of both Roman Dutch law, English common law, customary law, and religious law.

Roman Dutch law dates back to 1652 when the Dutch first came to SA with the purpose of creating a refreshment station along the cape for passing by ships. The law originates from the Netherlands.

English common law dates back to 1820 when the British first came to SA and this law mostly deals with public law like criminal procedure, the constitution, civil procedure, and etc. The adversarial and inquisitorial systems originate from this law.

Customary law is our indigenous laws of course, they're the laws of our forefathers and we have traditional courts that deal with them, they're referred to as Chiefs courts. The law is recognised by the South African constitution.. What I don't like about this law is that you're found guilty until proven innocent, unlike the other laws whereby you're found innocent until proven guilty... grin grin grin

And with religious laws, everyone has the right to practice their own religion in peace and without criticising other people's religious beliefs. Every religious belief has got a representative in parliament.. We also have church of Satan which was established back in 2019, if I'm not mistaken.. You're welcome to come and join it.. grin grin grin
N3TRAL:

Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by N3TRAL: 10:26am On May 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Our legal system consists of both Roman Dutch law, English common law, customary law, and religious law.

Roman Dutch law dates back to 1652 when the Dutch first came to SA with the purpose of creating a refreshment station along the cape for passing by ships. The law originates from the Netherlands.

English common law dates back to 1820 when the British first came to SA and this law mostly deals with public law like criminal procedure, the constitution, civil procedure, and etc. The adversarial and inquisitorial systems originate from this law.

Customary law is our indigenous laws of course, they're the laws of our forefathers and we have traditional courts that deal with them, they're referred to as Chiefs courts. The law is recognised by the South African constitution.. What I don't like about this law is that you're found guilty until proven innocent, unlike the other laws whereby you're found innocent until proven guilty... grin grin grin

And with religious laws, everyone has the right to practice their own religion in peace and without criticising other people's religious beliefs. Every religious belief has got a representative in parliament.. We also have church of Satan which was established back in 2019, if I'm not mistaken.. You're welcome to come and join it.. grin grin grin

Wow! Thank you.

Customary law is an integral part of our legal system. In the South we have customary courts , district courts and customary court of Appeal. In the North we have Sharia courts and Sharia court of appeal. Islam is predominant in the Northern region of my country and so their ancient sacred traditions have been abolished for Sharia. The customary court of appeal and Sharia court of appeal are created by the Nigerian constitution.

The customary courts and Sharia courts rank lower in hierarchy to the High Court of a State, Federal High Court or National industrial Court, which are all courts of concurrent jurisdiction. However, the Sharia court of Appeal and the Customary court of Appeal are at the same level of court hierarchy with the three latter courts mentioned in the preceding sentence. There's the Magistrate court that ranks lower than the high court but higher than customary courts.

The Supreme Court is the Apex court of Nigeria and below it is the Court of Appeal.

Our legal system is purely Inquisitorial. The judge, Magistrate or Qadi (Sharia) is regarded as an unbiased umpire.

I think South Africa is more liberated than Nigeria. Your country also has a better human rights record post-apartheid.

I'm pseudo- agnostic but identify as a Christian. I don't mind trying out new things.
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by EmzyT: 10:48am On May 04, 2023
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Nobody: 10:57am On May 04, 2023
If the northern ancient traditions have been abolished for Sharia, then how do they celebrate their cultures? I mean you can't be an African tribe without an African culture.
N3TRAL:

Wow! Thank you.

Customary law is an integral part of our legal system. In the South we have customary courts , district courts and customary court of Appeal. In the North we have Sharia courts and Sharia court of appeal. Islam is predominant in the Northern region of my country and so their ancient sacred traditions have been abolished for Sharia. The customary court of appeal and Sharia court of appeal are created by the Nigerian constitution.

The customary courts and Sharia courts rank lower in hierarchy to the High Court of a State, Federal High Court or National industrial Court, which are all courts of concurrent jurisdiction. However, the Sharia court of Appeal and the Customary court of Appeal are at the same level of court hierarchy with the three latter courts mentioned in the preceding sentence. There's the Magistrate court that ranks lower than the high court but higher than customary courts.

The Supreme Court is the Apex court of Nigeria and below it is the Court of Appeal.

Our legal system is purely Inquisitorial. The judge, Magistrate or Qadi (Sharia) is regarded as an unbiased umpire.

I think South Africa is more liberated than Nigeria. Your country also has a better human rights record post-apartheid.

I'm pseudo- agnostic but identify as a Christian. I don't mind trying out new things.
Re: Bride Went Ahead With Wedding On Her Own After Groom Didn't Turn Up by Cazzim(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2023
Samantha124:

yea it true,

dear I sent u email

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex-colleague Is Pressuring My Wife / If U Are Straight Can You Become Gay For N1billion / How Many Male Nairalander Can Boldly Say AMEN To This Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.