Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus (22573 Views)

Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor / Moment The Ekweremadus & Their Doctor, Were Sentenced By UK Judge (Video) / Ekweremadus: Those people can kill me, I want to remain in the UK - Nwamini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by politicoNG: 3:08pm On May 02, 2023
The House of Representatives has asked the UK government and parliament to intervene in the sentencing of Ike Ekweremadu and Beatrice, his wife.

The lawmakers want the UK court to “temper justice and mercy” in the sentencing of the lawmaker.

The legislators also asked the federal government to take diplomatic steps to “intervene” in the trial of the lawmaker.

The resolution was passed at plenary session on Tuesday following the adoption of a motion of urgent public importance sponsored by Toby Okechukwu, a lawmaker from Enugu.

Following the adoption of the motion, the lawmakers asked the clerk of the lower legislative chamber to “convey” their resolutions in writing to British Embassy, UK government and the parliament.

Ekweremadu is due to be sentenced on May 5 at the Central Criminal Court, Old Bailey in the UK.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-reps-write-uk-government-seek-clemency-for-ekweremadu/amp

2 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 02, 2023
They should free this man please

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by orisa37: 3:14pm On May 02, 2023
ONLY KING CHARLES 111 IS ABOVE THE LAW IN ENGLAND.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Saao(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2023
I really sympathize with this man as a father and someone that had family member that went through transplant before she later died. I think the pain will be too much to bear if they convicted this man without a fine

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Tallesty1(m): 3:21pm On May 02, 2023
Saao:
I really sympathize with this man as a father and someone that had family member that went through transplant before she later died. I think the pain will be too much to bear if they convicted this man without a fine
MrColdsweat:

Ekweremadu can go to hell.
Nigerian politicians deserve no pity.
Commentator 1: And we have a substitution here, folks. The sympathy player is off the pitch and the anger player is on.

Commentator 2: That's right, Commentator 1. The fans are fired up and they want to see some action.

Commentator 1: It looks like Ekweremadu is on the receiving end of some tough tackles from the fans.

Commentator 2: And the politicians are down! That's a red card for Ekweremadu! And the fans are not showing any mercy today. They're chanting "No pity for politicians!"

Commentator 1: That's right, Commentator 2. The fans have had enough of the corruption and incompetence of the politicians. It's time for them to feel the heat.

cc Chat-GPT

19 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by MrColdsweat: 3:23pm On May 02, 2023
Saao:
Ekweremadu can go to hell.
Nigerian politicians deserve no pity.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Zandena(f): 3:24pm On May 02, 2023
He has already been sentenced to 10 years in prison!
No mercy for the wicked!
People exporting impunity to foreign countries. Let him rot there until Tinubu finished his 8 year rule.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by money121(m): 3:27pm On May 02, 2023
Ok
Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Dittodat: 3:27pm On May 02, 2023
Ok
Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Fut9ure: 3:28pm On May 02, 2023
No mercy

3 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by ManWater: 3:28pm On May 02, 2023
A country where nobody is above the Law irrespective of your status. kiss

When will Nigeria get there.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by sofeo(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2023
Unfortunately brothers, this is not Nigeria.

They give it the way is it over there, fuckers

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by BOSSkesh(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2023
No he should stay there

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by bmd10mix: 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
If this was Nigeria the matter for don bend

8 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by GloriousGbola: 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
These idiots should shut up and stop embarrassing themselves on the global stage

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Rebuker(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
Smiles. I wish they wrote same to Buhari on behalf of Nnamdi Kanu to temper justice with mercy and set him free already tongue

26 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Dittodat: 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
Nelsononu:
They thought UK is Nigeria where the rich get away with their influence and money. I feel for his family sha
And the rich don't get away with anything in the UK? Plsssss
People with money get away with many things all over the world.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Throwback: 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
My joy is that whatever crime he committed was done outside of Nigeria where he cannot suddenly start wearing Igbo attire to court while his fellow clansmen start claiming tribal victimization.

He faced his trial as a single human being as it is supposed to be.

310 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by BOSSkesh(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
Land where he can't buy justice
He should face the consequences of his actions

9 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
Oh Allah grant them mercy

7 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by iCauseTrouble: 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
I feel for him but really our politicians need to do more

7 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Victoxy(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2023
Mercy ko
Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Ajalalomo: 3:30pm On May 02, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
They should free this man please

Ok I heard you.

3 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by oilyngbati(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2023
Ekweremadu must kpai and rot for there. He’s one of the criminal law makers from the SE who never condemned the killings of police by hunchback namadi cownu, but wants him released.
Let him rot there!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by SMARTMOTORS(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2023
orisa37:
ONLY KING CHARLES 111 IS ABOVE THE LAW IN ENGLAND.
he is not, he only have privileges and Immunities just like other world leaders. North Korea is the only country you can find such absolute power.

4 Likes

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by Blitzerz: 3:30pm On May 02, 2023
Wetim Obasanjo don do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus by AutoConsult: 3:30pm On May 02, 2023
May God forgive their sins. None of us is perfect.

Congrats as you check my signature. I'll make everything automobile easy for you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"There Is A United Voice Against Okorocha" – Oyegun / Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG / Buhari, Tinubu In Closed-Door Meeting At Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.