Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,070 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage (33918 Views)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / My Brother Insists That I Follow A Yahoo Guy / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 9:23am On May 04, 2023
Exodus15v11:
As a Doctor and as your Dad, he has your best interests at heart. He's in the best position to guide and advise you accordingly, and is trying to do just that. It's up to you to listen.

Besides, these are normal pre-marriage protocols and he asked you to do them first, so it only makes sense that she does the same. I don't see the big deal in asking her to also do them, unless you're afraid to ask.

He has his best interests at heart but at this age that he is, his dad can only advise him and not tell him what to do like he's 5 years old.

Nonsense!
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 9:25am On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Let me explain, he says he is not forcing her but if she does not take the fertility test he will not attend the wedding, and he is very likely to prohibit my mom from also attending the wedding and maybe other family members too.

That puts me in a very difficult spot, very difficult spot.

If your dad refuses to attend your wedding, that says alot more about him than he is trying to say about you.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 9:28am On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Standing my ground will mean my dad, mom and other members of my own family will not attend the wedding cos my dad said he will not attend the wedding if she does not do a fertility test.
No I haven't met her physically yet, we have only been dating online for 10 months now and haven't had a chance to visit Naija b ut I am visiting naija and will spend 4 months in naija when I visit later this month.

You sound batshit crazy.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 9:35am On May 04, 2023
Samantha124:
Sounds like your father wants to get your girlfriend pregnant on your behalf.

Don't be surprised next time he asks you how many times you guys have sex in a week and and kind of sex positions you guys do.. grin grin grin

Anyway, I don't have any respect for a guy who claims to be ready for marriage but still lives under his parents shadow... How will you be able to make your own decisions in your house if you're still daddy's pet
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 9:43am On May 04, 2023
Depriest2020:
My brother as a medical doctor your dad is, he has seen a lot which you could never know. I know of a girl who uses potash for abotion, whenever she's pregnant she inserts it into her vagina, it will heat up the futoes till it falls out from her womb. How did we know? She fainted one day, her madam took her to the hospital, she was treated of malaria & typhoid thinking that was the case.

After some weeks she began to develop some strange body odour which was very offensive, her madam kept asking her till she opened up to her what she did, her madam rushed her back to hospital, after examining her, it was discovered that the recent one she did, the futoes didn't fall-out all, it began to decay in her womb, that was the cause of the smell. It's like they flushed her womb abi stomach & treated her before the smell stopped. Her friends taught her to use potash.

Please there's no Godly girl in Nigeria take note. The girl you are chatting on Facebook might be the same girl I just discussed about. Be greatful to your dad for insisting on fertility test. There's no big deal in fertility test, HIV, UTI, STD, STI. Anyone that makes a mole out of it has something to hide.

My neighbor has been married for over 20yrs now no child and she doesn't want her husband to marry another woman, her female friend from same town as her, told me she got pregnant while they were in junior secondary school, out of shame and not wanting her parents to know, she went to quack nurse that has a chemist shop to do the abortion where her womb got damaged, today her husband is not aware of her little secret, they've been praying and waiting on God. So dear be greatful to your Dad. No one should marry this days without fertility test.

The fantastical stories you people tell sha.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 10:08am On May 04, 2023
1Sharon:

He has his best interests at heart but at this age that he is, his dad can only advise him and not tell him what to do like he's 5 years old.

Nonsense!
And you didn't see that I used the word "advise" in my post or you can't read?
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 10:14am On May 04, 2023
Klass99:

I am still learning how they operate. If a topic is interesting and I feel like sharing my thoughts I do so, not knowing if the story is fake or real. I truly can't tell sef.

Our diasporan brothers should actually be feared like you rightly said, the colleague who left her husband over anal sex issues said the guy lived in the US for years and picked up the practice from there, first it started with always wanting to insert his finger in her bum bum while taking her from behind, then it proceeded to wanting full blown action.

There was also a front page thread where a naija lady said she discovered her naija hubby had been visiting prostitutes for anal sex and all sorts in Canada before she moved to join him. Apart from their sexual practices overseas, you are spot on about the gun violence and drugs too, not to mention the skoin skoin some of them acquire from living there grin

They should rightly be feared. But logic doesn't cross the mind of these desperate Nigerian women.

They'll put up with the shit because they believe the benefits of being with those men will eventually outweighs the cost.

They'll do anything to bear Mrs and have a chance to relocate abroad.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by 1Sharon(f): 10:20am On May 04, 2023
Exodus15v11:
And you didn't see that I used the word "advise" in my post or you can't read?

Nah. His dad isn't merely trying to 'advise' him, he's giving ultimatums just to control him.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by NoToPile: 10:26am On May 04, 2023
Don't know how far /invasive you guys want to go with the test for the lady. there are general tests done before marriage, genotype blood group, hep, HIV, other STDs possibly hormonal profile etc

But if they wanna go the invasive way i.e the more invasive tests she might say no and she has a right to. She might frown a Transviginal scan.

It's not supposed to be an issue you guys just want to do general medical checks before marriage shikena, and it should be from a neutral facility, it's better your dad is not involved.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by juman(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2023
You dad is right.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by realtalk19: 12:10pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:
I am a 38 year old Nigerian American citizen dating a 26 year old Nigeria girl.
I grew up in Nigeria but travelled out to the USA when I was 25 years old, I am a citizen now and doing really well for myself.
I met a beautiful and godly Nigerian girl on facebook and we have been dating for some months now we are now thinking of marriage, she is in Nigeria while I am in the USA.

Some weeks ago my dad asked me to do some tests and send to him, (He is a medical doctor), I did them, turns out to be fertility tests and all was perfect.
I just told him about my fiance and my plans to get married in some months time and he said she has to do fertility test before he can agree to the marriage.

This was very shocking for me as he insisted that it is his position, I haven't told my fiance cos I dont know how to and my fiance is scheduled to pay my parents a visit for the first time in Port Harcourt in 2 weeks time.
My fiance is from Delta but lives in Portharcout as my parents while we are from Port harcourt.

My dad has said if I cannot tell her that he will, what do you guys think ?

Honest advise please and admin kindly push to front page for wider advise.

Thanks.

You can tag it a general medical check up for both of you.it shouldnt be an issue though for intending couple.

My issue is your dad imposing it on you rather than trying to make you see reasons and allow you decide.

I believe he means well
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 12:39pm On May 04, 2023
cococandy:

Not only that, I wonder how he went for fertility test and didn’t realize it. What did he think the semen sample he provided was for? The way he said it as if he didn’t know at the time that it’s fertility test.

Clue 1;
Clue 2: He is 38 years old, for crying out loud. What stops him from discussing with the father man-to-man know why he (the dad) demanded for the tests?

You were right when you said the thread could turn to another women-bashing one. I suspected it when I read his introductory post and checked his profile. These things are so easy to detect. Seun should his mods good money, so they crack their kon kon head to create seemingly believable topics.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 04, 2023
1Sharon:

Nah. His dad isn't merely trying to 'advise' him, he's giving ultimatums just to control him.
Control him as a means to what end? This isn't about control, but care [as a Physician, he knows all about this]. Besides, the only "ultimatum" I see is him saying if the son doesn't tell her, he will, and I see no big deal with that, more so because his intentions are pure. He's simply trying to ward off any potential problems for both the son and the fiancée [she, too, will benefit from knowing the results of the tests or any areas of concern, if any, beforehand], AND for their potential offsprings. A lot of Indian parents with their culture of arranged marriages [which have lower divorce rates than their non-arranged counterparts like OP's] do a lot more than this. Compared to them, a Physician Father asking his son and wife-to-be to do pre-marital medical tests is nothing to complain about. His concern is for their own good and not his.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:
I grew up in Nigeria but travelled out to the USA when I was 25 years old, I am a citizen now and doing really well for myself.
I met a beautiful and godly Nigerian girl on facebook and we have been dating for some months now we are now thinking of marriage, she is in Nigeria while I am in the USA

Some weeks ago my dad asked me to do some tests and send to him, (He is a medical doctor), I did them, turns out to be fertility tests and all was perfect.
I just told him about my fiance and my plans to get married in some months time and he said she has to do fertility test before he can agree to the marriage.

This was very shocking for me as he insisted that it is his position, I haven't told my fiance cos I dont know how to and my fiance is scheduled to pay my parents a visit for the first time in Port Harcourt in 2 weeks time.
My fiance is from Delta but lives in Portharcout as my parents while we are from Port harcourt.

Thanks.

From that alone this story is make up one life those fake love emails finding victims in the western world

exprienced doctors know that fertility test can be very positive and still you wont be able to have kids
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Enemyofpeace: 5:24pm On May 04, 2023
Op no Nigerian girl is godly. Marry am finish and you go know what's up
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Starhearts: 5:25pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Guy please don't address my dad like that.

Did he or she address ur papa rudely
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by mywells: 5:26pm On May 04, 2023
Fertility test is cheaper than long yrs of expectations and emotional trauma.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Flamezreal(m): 5:27pm On May 04, 2023
Please do it ooo before you go enter one chance.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by President2001(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2023
My own take on this matter is that no cause for alarm is not what needs to be Senate on you only need to persuade your partner to compile what your daddy is doing is for your safety
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Lordcassy: 5:28pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:
I met a beautiful and godly Nigerian girl on facebook and we have been dating for some months now we are now thinking of marriage, she is in Nigeria while I am in the USA.

Thanks.

Your father is right....you will thank him later...please and please prepare a prenup....if not..I suggest you get married in Nigeria and do not involve the court...
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Flier: 5:28pm On May 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
How e take consign your papa? Suppose you or she no want children nko? Na by force?
And you sure you are really 38 years because I don’t see you asking this question at 38 and why you really have to involve your dad
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by BOSMANARIS(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2023
OP, must you even wait for your father to tell you that?

Nigerian ladies are far GONE than you can imagine. Most of them presently sees abortion pills as normal thing cos of their reckless way of living.
Most are into hook ups and indulge in raw .

If you could do it, why can't she do as well?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by zanebaddo(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.
Bros how do you get married in this modern age without fertility test. I kid you not, the girl will happily take the test just pray she's okay. She can't object. She's a total stranger you met on Facebook nawa ooo and you are afraid of telling her to go for a test nawa why?
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by SenatePresdo(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.

Better follow your father's Advice.

godly girl you said? There is nothing godly about girls of this generation (you can misunderstand that if you wish to).

What if she has had abortions in the past and lost her womb?
What if she's barren?

Are you an ardent Christian that believes in for better and for worse when it comes to marriage? Fine.

Now is the time to set things right, marriages can be a lifetime venture, so thread wisely.
Your dad can't mislead you.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Livelystone01: 5:30pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Let me explain, he says he is not forcing her but if she does not take the fertility test he will not attend the wedding, and he is very likely to prohibit my mom from also attending the wedding and maybe other family members too.

That puts me in a very difficult spot, very difficult spot.
This isn't as difficult as you think.
Tell her to meet your dad for some premarital tests which is a normal process for everyone who passed through this route.

You don't have to spell out the test, just tell her it is a premarital test.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Moneyyman: 5:31pm On May 04, 2023
Your dad is a wise man; listen to him.

And don't be scared of telling her. If you can't tell her something as important as that now, how will you address tough challenges in your marriage?

Listen to your dad and ask her to do that test.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by rajiedreez: 5:32pm On May 04, 2023
Some people asking what's his father's concern don't know that the British royal family also did the same thing to Kate before she married the crown prince. As a medical doctor himself, he's privy to information on how ladies and men too use themselves now. At least he instructed his son to do same. Africa isn't America.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by chrisxxx(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2023
If I were your father I would ask for one month pregnancy confirmation first. If he stood at fertility test he is a very lenient and understanding fellow.
If you are from Ph it is very likely you are Ikwerre.
Gernu nha ndai noku. Ijila guru igurogu.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ZIKORAMAMACHI: 5:32pm On May 04, 2023
The test is even beneficial for the lady so that if there is a problem you can start early to tackle it in love and understanding. Fertility blood test and genotype also blood group are all a compulsory test before marriage even in Catholic Church. It’s not a big deal
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by kunchi(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2023
Bro you Have reach to make your own decisions

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 04, 2023
You can get her pregnant and end the debacle...life is beyond fertility test, if she dash you someone else pikin how fertility test go help , just ask her to do it sha,he is a doctor and in a better position to advise you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Much Is Cooking Gas Being Sold In Your Area. / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.