Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,597 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage (33912 Views)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / My Brother Insists That I Follow A Yahoo Guy / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by farem: 5:34pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Guy please don't address my dad like that.

Don't mind him. You may not be able to blame him; No be every child grows up with a father-figure
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Natajo2021: 5:34pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

But you brought your naughty daddy matter come public opinion and judgement.
As a jurist, your dad is guilty until proven otherwise.
Fertility test is unethical
Your dad betrayed medical ethics.
MDCN should as a matter of urgent priority investigate your NAUGHTY father.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by optimusprime2(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2023
There's something your dad knows that you don't...
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by bmd10mix: 5:35pm On May 04, 2023
Godly Nigeria woman
U met on Facebook
She b 26 yrs old
How much u don send to her

D rate American dey mumu e don affect u too shey

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by lendahand(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

you can't enjoy your marriage with this kind of third party interference oo.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Omoikarekimire(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2023
Dude your Dad is a great man. You guys will need to do hormone test as well so as to confirm whether you will br compatible and have great children. Also do cranium or brain test. Just to check if there is any hidden defect in the brain. All these are very important. I dont know why some people like emotions to take control of them.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Opatoranking(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2023
As a medical practitioner, your father has seen a lot and he is trying to protect you….Bro you are in your late 30 thirties…All protocols has too been checked fundamentally.
Kindly inform your partner on the importance of this test, I will also do the same man.
We hear a lot of tragic story every at the facility .. Kindly listen to your dad and be a good boy.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by bmd10mix: 5:36pm On May 04, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Op no Nigerian girl is godly. Marry am finish and you go know what's up
u dey mind am, lol godly 26 Facebook lol
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Compliant(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Honest advise please and admin kindly push to front page for wider advise.

Thanks.

Greetings sir.

Honestly your dad is telling you the truth.

How on earth will you get married without doing this type of test?

Before getting married to my wife, both of us booked appointment in one of the federal medical centres in the country and we did EVERY necessary test, result came out fine, we got married and happily living together with our kids.

SIR, LOVE IS NOT BLIND. DO ALL NECESSARY TEST NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE.

WHAT THE ELDERS SEES SEATING......
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Eriokanmi: 5:36pm On May 04, 2023
PoliteActivist:
How e take consign your papa? Suppose you or she no want children nko? Na by force?
You must be a teen. You don't have any business commenting on this.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ikaboy: 5:36pm On May 04, 2023
Listen to your dad my friend. As a Dr. he knows what he has seen and heard.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Flier: 5:36pm On May 04, 2023
rajiedreez:
Some people asking what's his father's concern don't know that the British royal family also did the same thing to Kate before she married the crown prince. As a medical doctor himself, he's privy to information on how ladies and men too use themselves now. At least he instructed his son to do same. Africa isn't America.
Its nonsense he is 38,I believe the father is disrespectful and invasive and I won’t allow my sis you marry into such family
You talked about Kate and I am sure you know what ended the family,the father is right to advice him but not suppose to ask him to show him result
Anyway a 38 years old posting this crap is beyond me I must say
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by advanceDNA: 5:37pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:
I am a 38 year old Nigerian American citizen dating a 26 year old Nigeria girl.
I grew up in Nigeria but travelled out to the USA when I was 25 years old, I am a citizen now and doing really well for myself.
I met a beautiful and godly Nigerian girl on facebook and we have been dating for some months now we are now thinking of marriage, she is in Nigeria while I am in the USA.

Some weeks ago my dad asked me to do some tests and send to him, (He is a medical doctor), I did them, turns out to be fertility tests and all was perfect.
I just told him about my fiance and my plans to get married in some months time and he said she has to do fertility test before he can agree to the marriage.

This was very shocking for me as he insisted that it is his position, I haven't told my fiance cos I dont know how to and my fiance is scheduled to pay my parents a visit for the first time in Port Harcourt in 2 weeks time.
My fiance is from Delta but lives in Portharcout as my parents while we are from Port harcourt.

My dad has said if I cannot tell her that he will, what do you guys think ?

Thanks.

Ur father knows whats going on the streets...

With around 30 body counts & corresponding number of abortions to match on the CV of some of these young girls ......your father's just looking out for you as much as he can

Besides its generally not a bad idea, along side other test like genotype, mental health test, cardiovascular risk, cancer, HIV, etc..

.....many pple just marry by faith because these things cost money or they feel their partner will be angry....... as long as u both will take the test... i dont see why u ur babe should not want to go along with the idea...
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Dshocker(m): 5:37pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:
I grew up in Nigeria but travelled out to the USA when I was 25 years old, I am a citizen now and doing really well for myself.
I met a beautiful and godly Nigerian girl on facebook and we have been dating for some months now we are now thinking of marriage, she is in Nigeria while I am in the USA.

Some weeks ago my dad asked me to do some tests and send to him, (He is a medical doctor), I did them, turns out to be fertility tests and all was perfect.
I just told him about my fiance and my plans to get married in some months time and he said she has to do fertility test before he can agree to the marriage.

This was very shocking for me as he insisted that it is his position, I haven't told my fiance cos I dont know how to and my fiance is scheduled to pay my parents a visit for the first time in Port Harcourt in 2 weeks time.
My fiance is from Delta but lives in Portharcout as my parents while we are from Port harcourt.

Thanks.

Man you are very funny, fertility test are one of those things you must check in a woman, just like checking your blood group or genotype and hiv test.

It is mandatory, your father shouldn't even remind you of it, i am sooo surprised you even brought this up, seeking for people's opinion.

Fertility test has nothing to do with trust issues, these are some of the prerequisite procedures one must take before marriage, even some church will ask you bring the test along, including virginity test.

No let mumu love blind you, make dem no scam you ooO, because you might end up marrying an empty barrel.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by CHIOMAEZEH: 5:38pm On May 04, 2023
I don't know why some people are talking trash about his dad.... I support him a 100.

If both parties have plans to have children, it's best to do a fertility test. I advice anu of my finds who are about getting married to do same. Iys not all about checking AS or AA. I advice to also check fibroid... Cause some times, it's affects female fertility.

At lease, your dad has done yours way before your babe... So it's not as if it's only her he is trying to get the test done on.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Flier: 5:38pm On May 04, 2023
Eriokanmi:
You must be a teen. You don't have any business commenting on this.
The father went too far,he is 38 years
Father should advice but not request to see it,it’s wrong pure invasion of your sons privacy
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Montaque(m): 5:38pm On May 04, 2023
What an elder see sitting down, the child will not see even if he climbs a tree. This is an adage. Your father means well and you should heed his advice. However, when presenting the matter to your fiancee, let it be your decision that she goes for a fertility test. Don't mention its from your father. She will willingly do it without hesitation. That way, you win both of them over. Don't let anybody deceive you that its your marriage alone.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by saasala(m): 5:38pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.

You are a 21st century fool. Even if your dad didn't say it, shouldn't you do it?

You are in far away America. You think you know this Naija babes abi. Your papa get sense pass you.

Your dad is a demi god, you should be worshipping him.

Baba, carry the woman go do test and thank your dad for borrowing you brain.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by advanceDNA: 5:39pm On May 04, 2023
Flier:
Its nonsense he is 38,I believe the father is disrespectful and invasive and I won’t allow my sis you marry into such family
You talked about Kate and I am sure you know what ended the family,the father is right to advice him but not suppose to ask him to show him result
Anyway a 38 years old posting this crap is beyond me I must say

Nonsense?? To carry out medical test..??
Okay oooo.... all of u just like marrying by faith
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Kobicove(m): 5:39pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.

Your dad is a very wise man!

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Ifakiland(m): 5:40pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.
So you didn't see a nice girl on the who 51 states in usa na one Nigerian girl wey go later chase you from American House with police naim you wan marry?? Some of you no dey ever get sense hear word.....somethings ain't about emotions
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by omooba969(m): 5:40pm On May 04, 2023
Rokiat:
Let’s hope once you are ready to consummate your marriage you wouldn’t invite your father over as well because what in the father and son duo is going on here?

You can do better than this gibberish.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Princeton92(m): 5:41pm On May 04, 2023
I think your dad shouldn't be in your business
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by kunle75(m): 5:41pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.

Seek her consent and you both agree on terms to go about it.
Am regretting same fate now, am 47yrs and my first marriage of 5yrs was riddle with this same issues.
Please heed his advice and apply wisdom
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 04, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You guys have been dating online, have only known each other for 10 months and she has already agreed to marry you.

Lord have mercy.😮

You really need to slow down, dude. No wonder your dad feels uncomfortable. I'm sure you are currently lying to him about knowing your woman so well and all that sh1t just like I lied to my folks too.😄

Been there, done that and I have a feeling you're headed the same path that I did. Thanks to heavens, things fell apart and it was like the shells in my eyes fell off.

You may not be as lucky as I was and once you're all in, your clock of destruction starts ticking.

A very valid point. You need to slow down bro. Your Dad is even a gentle Man and I don't see why conducting a fertility test on a girl you met on Facebook should be a problem. If she's clean and ready to marry I don't think she'll argue. Besides you're already every Nigerian girls' dream Man.

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by OluwaEbuka1: 5:42pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.

First of all, couples intending to get married do all sort of tests including HIV, Blood Group, Genotype etc. If these tests are important and people don't find fault when they are called upon to do them, why should fertility test be an issue? Beside you also did the same test.

Based on how some couple suffer before getting children these days, it may not be out of place to do it unless you are telling me you don't what to have a child.

Thank you for the post sef, because this will form part of the test I will ask any lady i want to marry to do.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ednut1(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2023
pocohantas:

But na true na. Ednut wey run show for Lagos. If we investigate Ednut here ehn. I dey sure say e done break at least 43hearts in Lagos and Canada.

Nah. One usual trait is how they intensify the story. It is always the same theme, "abroad, my father say, wife, infidelity, my mother say"
shocked i’m a good man
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Eriokanmi: 5:42pm On May 04, 2023
dawnomike:
Well, this shouldn't be a debate considering the fact that you're 38!!! That makes no much sense to me.
By no problem all the same, it is no bug deal for her to do fertility test but just know that you have strained the relationship even before marriage and i wonder how you'll convince her that your parents won't control you in your marriage when you're 40!!!
What if he's the only child and his dad wants him to have children and add to the number in the family? Nowadays, a lot has gone wrong in this generation for not heeding or seeking parental advice. They always know better and can't lead us astray. If the reverse was the case, the woman could divorce him later once she finds out her man was infertile or cheat on him. I'd advise him to heed his dad's instructions.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Flier: 5:42pm On May 04, 2023
advanceDNA:

Nonsense?? To carry out medical test..??
Okay oooo.... all of u just like marrying by faith
The father requested to see it and that is where I think the father is wrong! This guy seems to be one of those daddy’s boys,a real father will never request to see his sons fiancées medical report.This is straight from Nollywood script.
At 38,a well trained son should be a able to successfully processed advice without external interference
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by lebron7(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Hey please can you clear something up for me?
I've seen a lot of posts where Nigerians abroad get married to women in Nigeria, what is your reason? Is there something wrong with the women there?
I'm asking respectfully please

And about your father's request, though it may sound strange to you its very reasonable (imo). Find a Way to make your potential wife do it.
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Raspberri: 5:42pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Standing my ground will mean my dad, mom and other members of my own family will not attend the wedding cos my dad said he will not attend the wedding if she does not do a fertility test.
No I haven't met her physically yet, we have only been dating online for 10 months now and haven't had a chance to visit Naija but I am visiting naija and will spend 4 months in naija when I visit later this month.

Well why not wait until you visit Nigeria, then you both can go run some tests. By right you're meant to run tests like fertility, genotype etc ... I personally feel you should be the one to take ur fiancee to go see ur parents and not your fiancee going to visit your parents on her own... My 2 cents
Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2023
beekind:

Thanks.
Baba, mek I drop my aza 1st b4 I giv my own candid 2cent opinion!

Baba bubu don show us somtin taya in his last few days as d dictator he his!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Should A Wife Confront The Husband's Mistress? / How Much Is Cooking Gas Being Sold In Your Area. / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.