Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season (27452 Views)

Premier League: Liverpool Make History, Lose 6 Home Games In A Season / Wenger: Hazard Isn't Man To Replace Ronaldo, He Won't Score 50 Goals A Season / Man City May Face Uefa Ban From The Champions League For A Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Jokerman(m): 11:04am On May 04, 2023
sprints1:
I was talking about league not season or calendar year. Dey calm down see ronaldo too score 46. Nonsense potopoto laliga league. Even flop falcao dey score 24 e no fit score 4 goals for EPl for man utd he go Chelsea too go dey warm bench

This picture below shows another Pessi fans lie that Strikers don't shine with Ronald.

The season that Pessi score 50, see Ronaldo on 46, Higuain on 24 and Benzema on 21, all Madrid's forward.... But I can't see any Barcelona attacker save for Pessi on this list of top scorers. This tells us Pessi did not allow attackers shine when he was Gold at Barcelona, his fans are now angry Mbappe is doing the same to him at PSG
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by WantsandMore: 11:05am On May 04, 2023
Zonefree:
Na wetin dem tell Ronaldo make e come dey do for Man city, e mumú dey form legend go join Man U go waste em career.

As long as you got eyes for goals, you must be scoring in Man city. Their midfielders make things easier for their attackers.

As bad as Sterling, he was still banging goals in Man city, person wey dey struggle to score 4 goals for Chelsea.
People always ignore this facts, I'm glad you shared this insight. Bad or Selfish midfielders will break a good striker no matter how good he's. Even C. RONALDO wants to run away from al nsr. He misses having good midfielders around.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Streetmovement(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Erling Haaland the new man city GOAT cool
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Not true. City never wanted him. Pep never wanted him. His agent played a game on United from how I see it.
leave the blockhead make e continue dey deceive himself

He seem to know better than the club that denied it. Read the content and see what the club said

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by ThierryJay: 11:10am On May 04, 2023
pquaver:

Then u should actually be a messi lover

Ha, you are quoting Messi's number one fan grin

Messi, Dinho, Iniesta, Fabregas, Henry, Zidane, Bergkamp, De Bruyne, Pedri.. these guys gave/give me orgasms.

Haaland na just robot grin grin
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Haveyoueatentod: 11:11am On May 04, 2023
Can we now say he turned premier League to farmers league
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2023
Yoighaman:

Why insult OJEEMAH? He never insulted you but only posted his comment.

You must be an Igbo guy or an OBIdient.

abeg just leave that guy. On NL, he’s known to be uncouth and ill mannered.

He can’t hold sensible discussion without insult. Meanwhile, he wasn’t the person I quoted but whenever Ronaldo’s name is mentioned, the next thing na insult. He is the same person as kingcalls, CR7lomo and many others.

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by BRIMBRAM: 11:14am On May 04, 2023
ManWater:
He is good but the quality City squad around him played a huge part.

Would he have achieved same feat if he was in any other EPL team?

Football is team work. That's the result of team work. They problem is with our choice of judgement which focuses mainly on scorers forgetting what every other player is doing on the pitch in ensuring a win.

3 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by ThierryJay: 11:14am On May 04, 2023
Peacecore:
Please, can you define the work of a central striker? Can you still acknowledge the role he played against Arsenal last week?? Stop being... grin

That game vs Arsenal was actually so uncharacteristic of Haaland's play which is why it was so surprising to many pundits. He needs to do more of that frequently then maybe I may just become a fan.

For now though, he remains an EPL Lewandowski.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by judedwriter(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2023
Negroid001:
Tbh. I also doubted him. Guardiola really worked wonders with him.

Which wonders??

Haaland is a natural goal scorer.

The only advantage he has in man city is the quality of passes to him to finish.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

How is calling someone envious or bitter for giving an obvious false info an insult??

He knows the truth but decided to ignore it and chose to give a false info.... only envious or bitter people throw that type of character.... he tried to twist the narrative and that's y I sent the proof... just because of his hate for Ronaldo....just because city never showed interest in Messi despite being managed by his former coach ... reality and truth is something Messi fans hate due to their hate, envy and bitterness towards Ronaldo
freedom fighter abi human right activist show where I call the guy envious and bitter. Do you lie for a living?

You sent proof of what exactly? Did you miss the part where man city officials clearly denied it? Let me attach it for you cos it’s obvious you know the truth but chose to believe lies as long as it makes you sleep better.

why are you intimidated by those that can counter your lies with facts.

Not everyone will suck your hairy balls or massage your bruised ego like those gullible Ronaldo fanboys?

When it comes to shifting goal post or twisting narrative, nobody does it better than you on NL.

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Negroid001(m): 11:39am On May 04, 2023
judedwriter:

Which wonders??

Haaland is a natural goal scorer.

The only advantage he has in man city is the quality of passes to him to finish.

I mean Guardiola is not a coach who relies on a forward 9. Was skeptical when Haaland newly joined us.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:40am On May 04, 2023
Jokerman:

This picture below shows another Pessi fans lie that Strikers don't shine with Ronald.

The season that Pessi score 50, see Ronaldo on 46, Higuain on 24 and Benzema on 21, all Madrid's forward.... But I can't see any Barcelona attacker save for Pessi on this list of top scorers. This tells us Pessi did not allow attackers shine when he was Gold at Barcelona, his fans are now angry Mbappe is doing the same to him at PSG
You lie too much

Benzema shine pass Suarez?
Bale shine pass Neymar?
Higuain shine pass Eto?

Show me Benzema Golden boot playing with Ronaldo
Show me Bale or Higuain Balon D’or nomination plying with Ronaldo.

I can show you Suarez’s Golden Boot playing with Messi and I can still show you Neymar’s nomination playing alongside Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Beverlyjean(f): 11:42am On May 04, 2023
OJEEMAH:
freedom fighter abi human right activist show where I call the guy envious and bitter. Do you lie for a living?

You sent proof of what exactly? Did you miss the part where man city officials clearly denied it? Let me attach it for you cos it’s obvious you know the truth but chose to believe lies as long as it makes you sleep better.

why are you intimidated by those that can counter your lies with facts.

Not everyone will suck your hairy balls or massage your bruised ego like those gullible Ronaldo fanboys?

When it comes to shifting goal post or twisting narrative, nobody does it better than you on NL.

Did they show interest I'm signing him?? Yes or No ?? Not being close don't mean they dint want him...that's y I said u guys just love twisting the narrative... do u even understand when the say " close "... that's when there's an agreement... mancity dint want to pay juves asking price , so how did u expect it to be close ?? Negotiation was still on , until united hijacked the deal... as I said being bitter and envious with hate has beclouded you seeing and saying the truth...

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Beverlyjean(f): 11:43am On May 04, 2023
OJEEMAH:
abeg carry your foolishness and bitterness comot for my mention.

Did I insult or attack the person I quoted?

Anytime you type, na to insult and attack people…..they swear for you abi you think say na only you get monopoly of madness and insult on this forum.

If you can’t be civil, avoid me.

Be warned⚠️

U are very stupid and a compound fool...u this compound peasant that has no future
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by tonicyril: 11:44am On May 04, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Only foolish pundits would use community shield to judge Haaland.
They obviously did not watch him at Dortmund, Salzburg.
Haaland represented his country Norway at the u20 worldcup. They did not qualify from the group but he won the golden boot.

This is quite funny and ironical grin grin
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Beverlyjean(f): 11:44am On May 04, 2023
Peacecore:
Oga leave Messi out of this. He's the GOAT abeg

Who dash the fraud goat... goat wey don chop psg yam finish wan run
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:48am On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Did they show interest I'm signing him?? Yes or No ?? Not being close don't mean they dint want him...that's y I said u guys just love twisting the narrative... do u even understand when the say " close "... that's when there's an agreement... mancity dint want to pay juves asking price , so how did u expect it to be close ?? Negotiation was still on , until united hijacked the deal... as I said being bitter and envious with hate has beclouded you seeing and saying the truth...
man city sporting director clearly denied it.

ESPN reports that City have dismissed Ronaldo's claim as "false", insisting that his comments are "not reflective" of the club's interest during the summer window, which they describe as being "mild". City are the second club in quick succession to play down links to the forward, after Sporting's director Frederico Varandas insisted that his return has ''never been on the table''.

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Beverlyjean(f): 11:51am On May 04, 2023
OJEEMAH:
man city sporting director clearly denied it.

ESPN reports that City have dismissed Ronaldo's claim as "false", insisting that his comments are "not reflective" of the club's interest during the summer window, which they describe as being "mild". City are the second club in quick succession to play down links to the forward, after Sporting's director Frederico Varandas insisted that his return has ''never been on the table''.

So the sky sports news that is British and number1 sports media outlet in the UK don't know what they are saying ... hate will destroy u...that's if it hasn't... blind and deaf
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:55am On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

U are very stupid and a compound fool...u this compound peasant that has no future
Even Zazoo will not display this level of stupidity.

Are you cursed?

Is there a spell on your family that is affecting you?

E get wetin your father put hand wey dey follow you?

Mental or psychiatric evaluation may not help your situation at this point.

Try spiritual cos you seem to be under a serious spell

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by carl90(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2023
Haaland is a beast in football.
His built,skills and all sure is an asset he can leverage on.
Haaland sure have potentials.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

I just showed u proof...what stubbornness will not allow u see road ....
As a football fan you should know the sort of players certain type of managers will never go for.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Debroslink: 11:58am On May 04, 2023
OJEEMAH:

I can show you Suarez’s Golden Boot playing with Messi and I can still show you Neymar’s nomination playing alongside Messi.

Add Neymar's UCL top scorer while with Messi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by OJEEMAH(m): 11:59am On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

So the sky sports news that is British and number1 sports media outlet in the UK don't know what they are saying ... hate will destroy u...that's if it hasn't... blind and deaf
The source is not the issue. If you were a smart person, you would realize Man City sporting director was quoted in their report. This shows it’s authentic and from a very reliable source but your blockedhead no go ever make your reason like sane person.

Goal, daily mail and many others in the UK quoted ESPN.

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Peacecore: 12:00pm On May 04, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Who dash the fraud goat... goat wey don chop psg yam finish wan run
At least dem still dey beg am make hin stay for Europe top league and he no gree unlike d other wey dey ride donkeys in Camels' league wey dem wan export for Messi sake grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by yomi531(m): 12:02pm On May 04, 2023
AImiron:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/65474843.amp
Built to kill. The Guy sabi bang goals. Take him to Indian league sef, naim go win highest goal scorer
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2023
sprints1:
found one been looking for a mumu that will call EPL farmers league. EPL is not farmers league. Haaland is a brilliant player that fits into any system. Now pep has been looking for a player like him for years. When messi and ronaldo were scoring 45 to 50 goals in laliga week in week out u no call am farmers league. That season messi scored 51 goals in a season still annoys me till today. I knew haaland would break it before the season started. Why he is all round and pep can use him to switch to counter attack or possession game. Very clinical fast and got IBRA' technique. Look at city now they play a very ridiculous system because of haaland from 3-2-4-1 they can switch to 442 433 343 any thing. With debruyne in that team I knew teams will suffer this season.
I don't think Messi ever scored 51 Laliga goals and Ronaldo never scored 50 in Laliga either.

The point of most people is simply that the EPL fans do not appreciate talent outside their league. If a player in the top 5 league scores 30 goals outside the EPL it is because the league they played in is weak. It's a bad argument.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by yomi531(m): 12:07pm On May 04, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
Real Madrid will take them just like Tinubu tamed the Atlantic Ocean wink

E sure me die; Haland will ghost for the both legs grin
Madrid go bleed for nose. No be mouth ....
Everybody dey pray make City drop even na 1 point since for league. Those guys just dey win back to back. I Neva see squad laidat in a very long time. City wicked
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Peacecore: 12:12pm On May 04, 2023
ThierryJay:

That game vs Arsenal was actually so uncharacteristic of Haaland's play which is why it was so surprising to many pundits. He needs to do more of that frequently then maybe I may just become a fan.

For now though, he remains an EPL Lewandowski.
Since you saw him do it, it means he can do it any time. He's a no.9 for crying out loud and sticks to instructions from Pep. He was bought for a reason, not to defend, dribble but to score goal. His presence is why it's very difficult to park bus for City. His positioning and threat on defenders makes it easy for anyone to take the keeper and the defenders on surprise. Haaland is doing what he's meant to do perfectly. Pep is not someone you'll disobey his tactics without paying for it. Because of Haaland, City now play counter attack. Do you expect him to leave his role and come to drag the midfield with experts there? Messi's role is understandable, he's no.10 hence, he dribbles, assists and scores.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by yomi531(m): 12:14pm On May 04, 2023
pquaver:
. ABEGI... This is a farmer league.. He didn't even score so much in Germany even though he was in Dortmund
86 goals in 89 app for Dortmund na wetin? Dey play. Haaland is Synonymous to goals. Take him to Eyimba, he go bang goals. Dude scored 9 goals in a match at u20 WC.
Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by DOD88: 12:20pm On May 04, 2023
ManWater:
He is good but the quality City squad around him played a huge part.

Would he have achieved same feat if he was in any other EPL team?

No, you missed it. It is the Pep's style of football that is helping him, not array of footballers. The tiki taka and possession styles of pep underwhelm oppositions and make the Man City to control and dictate the course of the game. This style frees the players and help them to perform maximally. There are lots of fine players, midfielders, squad depths in premiership and other leagues who are struggling and not winning trophies. So let's give the credits to Pep. He is a genius. He is the man behind the victories of Man City. He is the best coach in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Breaks Premier League Record For Most Goals In A Season by Abdulmumin412(m): 12:22pm On May 04, 2023
ThierryJay:
Congrats to Erling for the record breaking feat but mehn, his tap-ins are too much and very boring highlights reel for me. I'll give him credit for his exceptional positioning and finishing though.

I'm a sucker for artistry, finesse and wow factor so I'd always go with a De Bruyne or Mbappe over him.
Messi and Ronaldo whom did you go for before I can understand your point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Commentator Addresses Peter Rufai As ‘Late’ During Libya Vs Nigeria / Yetunde Odunuga, Army Officer At The Commonwealth Games In Australia / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Mikel Obi, Iheanacho Arrive Super Eagles Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.