Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? (14672 Views)

Solution To Getting BIS Edge Or 3g Network Symbol On Android. / Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. / ***** Etisalat 3g ***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by COMPAQ(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
sauer:

Though I am not advertising for Etisalat, I must say you'll experience better with their uploading. I have run tests on their current 3G network for optimization purposes. Uploads can go as fast as 4Mbps for regular users.
The network is not yet fully accessible. They are still working on it, I believe

where were you when you tried it? Lagos? Cos it doesn't seem like they are live in ph yet. I can only see edge on my phone.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by COMPAQ(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
I wonder what the response from Glo and MTN will be. Airtel seems to have dropped out of the game. MTN and Glo have to either upgrade their network or reduce the prices for their existing 3.5G, which will suit me fine cos MTN is fast enough for me in ph. At least I can watch youtube and yahoo movies previews with almost no breakage per clip.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by apach4ever(m): 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
Does anyone know the price of the mifi device? Would love to get one once they're live in Jos.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by DoubleN(m): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2011
If they don't work on their pricing, nothing for them. They need to have far more flexible plans than they have at present.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by chidyke77(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
I am getn d 3g signal since june and its very fast in Nnewi.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
is there something you are supposed to do to access the 3g?

cos all these pple for NL dey funny
i wont be surprised that its edge some pple here are using to browse wap pages and shouting "e fast diiiiiieeeeeee" wink

my phones cannot seem to connect to the 3g. the edge is waaay slower than it used to be.

hmmn, well sha, at least make alternatives dey make boiz stop to dey slow down network grin grin grin grin

my people, over to una wink wink wink wink make we help dem launch the network wella, as per as usual nah
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by ogbuefi26: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
GUY HELP ME WITH IWP
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by COMPAQ(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2011
Double N:

If they don't work on their pricing, nothing for them. They need to have far more flexible plans than they have at present.

You think so! I don't agree. Their prices are comparable to Glo and MTN and since they offer potentialy 5times faster speeds, then which one offers more value for money to you?
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Digriz(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
4llerbuntu:

is there something you are supposed to do to access the 3g? cos all these pple for NL dey funny
i wont be surprised that its edge some pple here are using to browse wap pages and shouting "e fast diiiiiieeeeeee" wink

my phones cannot seem to connect to the 3g. the edge is waaay slower than it used to be.

hmmn, well sha, at least make alternatives dey make boiz stop to dey slow down network grin grin grin grin
good question, just subscribe to broadband plan and see the speed.if you buy from 500mb to 6gb,u wl surely get the 3g.

my people, over to una wink wink wink wink make we help dem launch the network wella, as per as usual nah
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by alorauzoms(m): 12:17am On Sep 28, 2011
can only get their edge signal on ma bb here in (gbagada)
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 1:09am On Sep 28, 2011
HS baby, cool
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by zsch: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2011
I get 3.5G EMTS NGA for like 30secs then it vanishes and no more access again. When i set ma connection to 'dual', i get just edge which lately has been terrible. So etisalat, if u are fonna do this, den do it right or revert back to your very sound edge.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2011
they should review the night plan package, they should come down to the average price others charge.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Dabss(m): 11:27am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^^^ something like mtn's N2500 abi?
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by dagbo: 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2011
3g nêvÆ rÊach Øur sÌde 4 badagrÝ
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by disguy1: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
apach4ever:

Does anyone know the price of the mifi device? Would love to get one once they're live in Jos.

Was at their Allen Avenue office today. the mifi device goes for 24k with 200mb data bundle
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by ignis: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
Got to dump my MTN
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by bioye(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
apach4ever:

N18,000.00
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2011
i still dont get the logic of this mifi thing.

my fone has a hotspot feature and can take 5 devices or more at once, why would i spend that much on the device? i can simply subscribe on my fone and share it.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by lynxnoon(m): 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2011
Abi oh
Na only mugus go fall for their crap
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 5:24am On Sep 30, 2011
Until they change their night plan price from 5k to 2k5, they still don't have my vote.

One more thing, 3GIG for 6k5 is too much, they should also do something about that. 3gb should be 5k and 6gb should be 8k.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Djcn: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2011
Etisalat claims to have 3g in 14 cities namely Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Zaria, Warri, Enugu, Aba, Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha and Benin, Pls are they fully operational in these cities. Needs confirmation for PH, Enugu, Warri and Benin.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by leuelliot(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2011
I can confirm PH its Live and fast in every corner I've been to in Port Harcourt. I can post screen shots if needs be
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2011
who is using this 3G?

somebody should raise up his hand and show us.

i have tried this thing is 4 different locations in lagos, the signal is there when you scan for it, the phone cannot connect to the 3g network or use it.

likewise when you put the sim in a dongle, it only connects on Edge.

so are u using it? how and where?
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Jeezy: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2011
getting 3g on my BB around bar beach, Victoria Island.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
Why is everyone fixated on their Night plans? Shey na only night una dey browse?

Etisalat needs to review the prices of all their data bundle plans downwards cos all of them are on the high side

At the current rates, I'll continue using my MTN and GLO
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Mafia4life(m): 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2011
Their tarrif is too much, The best plan eva is MTN Night plan offering 3GB for N2500, Using it on phone is very good, I dont think i will taste etisalat's plan,
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Why is everyone fixated on their Night plans? Shey na only night una dey browse?

Etisalat needs to review the prices of all their data bundle plans downwards cos all of them are on the high side

At the current rates, I'll continue using my MTN and GLO

because we like beta thing, but mtn has been shitty for a while now.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honsule(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
4llerbuntu:

who is using this 3G?

somebody should raise up his hand and show us.

i have tried this thing is 4 different locations in lagos, the signal is there when you scan for it, the phone cannot connect to the 3g network or use it.

likewise when you put the sim in a dongle, it only connects on Edge.

so are u using it? how and where?

It will never work until u try this: Etisalat 200MB Internet (30 days) - *229*2*6# (or SMS, MB2 to 229) Etisalat 200MB - N1,600
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2011
Wetin this thread dey do for Phone/Internet Market section Abeg, make the mods move am back to where e suppose dey cool

honeric01:
because we like beta thing, but mtn has been shitty for a while now.

Ehn ehen. . .MTN dey blaze for my side o. Only thing be the disconnection problem once in a while but browsing & downloading is v.fast
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 12:37am On Oct 03, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Wetin this thread dey do for Phone/Internet Market section Abeg, make the mods move am back to where e suppose dey cool

Ehn ehen. . .MTN dey blaze for my side o. Only thing be the disconnection problem once in a while but browsing & downloading is v.fast

i don't even know what to do with the mtn again self, looking to switching to etisalat for good, mtn is shitty here.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Dabss(m): 9:44am On Oct 04, 2011
honsule:

It will never work until u try this: Etisalat 200MB Internet (30 days) - *229*2*6# (or SMS, MB2 to 229) Etisalat 200MB - N1,600
N1600 is too much abeg!! Glo 200mb is N1000 and is still by far faster than etisalat 3.75g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We're Being Misled By Some Xiaomi Faithfuls And Marketers / Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS / Which Bank Cards Work With Spotify Premium?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.