Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 (45463 Views)

I Will Be Far Away From Abuja After May 29, 2023 - President Buhari / Names Of APC Governors That Signed Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Form / Minimum Wage: Faces Of Governors That Have Refused To Pay - Gazette (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by sameks08(m): 12:22pm On May 08, 2023
Armaggedon:
It will not work in Abia
. Its constitution so you can never change it because of one person

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by mastermaestro(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2023
I imagine the monstrous wage bills that would arise when the number of past governors and deputies in each of these states grows to above 10. grin All this nonsense will stop last last sha. These guys should just enjoy while it lasts. No nation can sustain this kind of fiscal garbage. sad

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by mastermaestro(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2023
sameks08:

It will end last last. Can this sickening plundering be sustained for 30 years? Impossible! One way or another change must come in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Desusi: 12:36pm On May 08, 2023
With all these provisions, their needs are never met.There's a portion in their life that would still need to be filled. A man life consistent not in the abundance of what he possessed, having food and raiments let's be contented.l pray for the salvation of their lives.
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by sageb: 1:04pm On May 08, 2023
ruggedtimi:
Na wetin omehia for enjoy and wike cut am off ..Naija the land of corruption. This is bad from every angle. The only thing they deserve is pension nothing else. The cars and houses not necessary. Delta state 15days vacation anywhere in the world. You can imagine

Omehia's Governorship was a nullity in the eyes of the law.

Wike knew it but recognized Omehia Just to spite Amaechi.
2 days ago, Omehia sat beside Amaechi in his daughter's wedding in D/line.
Blood is thicker than water.

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Blake755: 1:22pm On May 08, 2023
Is ikpuazu own necessary 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️💔💔
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by ahnie: 1:45pm On May 08, 2023
Gov okowa should go learn pos business.highchief1 over to you.

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by michoim(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2023
Absuchat:
shocked
Are these things necessary for someone that spent 8 years looting?
Honestly Nigeria keep wasting resources on these old fools that kept this country in this sorry state
Did they agree with you that they looted?😀. They say they served...

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Absuchat(m): 1:50pm On May 08, 2023
michoim:

Did they agree with you that they looted?😀. They say they served...
Hahaha.... It's only in politics that I see people Killing each other
Just to serve
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by iyke2frankeze: 2:06pm On May 08, 2023
Imagine Abia state?
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by AwesomeGod10(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2023
I can't believe my eyes 😟😟
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by obotematics: 3:27pm On May 08, 2023
These sombodis get sense
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Psady(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2023
HussenAdul:
Wike is 2 persons in one. He is the Governor as well as deputy.
No be lie oo! Have never come across or heard anything about rivers state deputy governor?
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by izubext007: 4:03pm On May 08, 2023
AFTER 35 YEARS, MY FATHER WAS NEVER ENTITLED TO ANY THING
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by sageb: 4:07pm On May 08, 2023
Psady:
No be lie oo! Have never come across or heard anything about rivers state deputy governor?

The deputy Gov. Ipalibo Banigo is the senator elect, Rivers West senatorial district.
Her Loyalty paid off

2 Likes

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by sameks08(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2023
mastermaestro:

It will end last last. Can this sickening plundering be sustained for 30 years? Impossible! One way or another change must come in Nigeria.
. Then your talking of constitutional review or amendment which is think will be fruitful to all of us but Nigeria is not that country you can bet for change
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Psady(m): 4:13pm On May 08, 2023
sageb:

The deputy Gov. Ipalibo Banigo is the senator elect, Rivers West senatorial district.
Her Loyalty paid off
wow! Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by obienroute: 4:28pm On May 08, 2023
You can imagine the waste in governance. Some may still get political appointments in the near future.

Well I dont blame Wike but Rotimi Amaechi for signing this bill into law. Meanwhile this is the rascality in government spending tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by yom2(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2023
Newsday:
5 State Governors That will be Retiring into Lives of Luxury After May 29, 2023

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzD9P2S-97o

About Seventeen state governors will hand over to their successors on May 29, 2023 and retire into lives of luxury with generous benefits for their services to their respective states even as Nigeria is faced with economic crises, massive debt, unhappy and underpaid workers and pensioners.

Some of the outgoing governors, most of who will be completing two terms of eight years in office on May 28, will be entitled to generous monetary pensions, mansions to be built in locations of their choice, luxury vehicles and as well as security aides, among others, based on laws passed by their respective state houses of assembly.

1. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State
Governor Wike and his deputy, will enjoy generous benefits after leaving office as provided in the Rivers State Pensions for Governor and Deputy Governor Law, in 2012.

The law provides that three new vehicles should be purchased for former governors, and the vehicles are to be changed every four years. This is in addition to the payment of 100 per cent of their basic salaries, 300 per cent of their annual basic salary for furniture, free medical services and provision for entertainment. Same with their deputies.

The pension law for former governors and their deputies was signed by the former governor Rotimi Amaechi and made other provisions such as two choice houses in any area of their choice in Rivers State and Abuja and three cars replaceable every three years for the governor.

So Governor Wike will be entitled to all these except he decides otherwise.

2. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa is entitled to a furnished duplex in Delta State or any other state in the country; medical treatment for him and members of his immediate family; two vehicles, including a utility vehicle every two years. two armed policemen and one DSS officer; 15 days’ annual vacation in any place of his choice and other benefits. The deputy governor is also entitled to similar package.

The law makes provision for ex-governors to be paid allowances and other benefits pegged at N50m yearly.

The Delta State Governor and Deputy Governor Pension Rights and other Benefits Law, 2005 was signed into law by former governor James Ibori, who ruled the state between 1999 and 2007

3. Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State
Akwa Ibom reportedly spends an average of N267.78m yearly on ex-governors and their deputies and Governor Emmanuel and his deputy are expected to enjoy the same as the state’s Pension Act, signed in 2014.

They are also entitled to the replacement of official and utility vehicles every four years and N100m as medical allowance as provided for in the law.

The Governor Pension Rights and other Benefits Law was signed into law by former governor of the state, Godswill Akpabio.

4. Governor Ganduje of Kano State
Governor Ganduje and his deputy are entitled to 100 per cent of their basic salaries, six-bedroom house and free medical treatment for them and members of their families upon handover on May 29, 2023.

The law guiding pension rights for former governors and deputy governors also states that they will get well equipped offices.

5. Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State
Governor Ikpeazu is entitled to 100 per cent of his salary and official vehicles worth N20m to be replaced every four years, two operatives of the DSS, two policemen for the security of his house, as well as allowances for cooks, stewards, driver and gardener, while his deputy will enjoy similar benefits.

The law also made provision for medical attention for the former governors, their families and their deputies.

The Pension Law for former governors and deputy governors of the state also provides that former governors are entitled to pensions, allowances and privileges in accordance with the State law.
na him one yeye person dey question how keyamo fit buy House of 150m for America. That's just a glimpse of the largess politicians and office holders are entitled to.

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Armaggedon: 4:37pm On May 08, 2023
sameks08:
which section of the constitution bro? It's the states laws made by the corrupt governors and their legislative partners. New Abia governor will likely repeal their own.
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Otasikwe(m): 5:04pm On May 08, 2023
allen113:
I know say wike go be no.1 that him house for Ada George Road you only find such in Hollywood grin
i dey tell you

2 Likes

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by Frankie6835: 5:37pm On May 08, 2023
kettykings:
What kind of car can N20m buy, okezie Ikpeazu is last man standing and should be removed from the list of those retiring into luxury to those retiring into Normal life

angry

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by highchief1: 5:39pm On May 08, 2023
ahnie:
Gov okowa should go learn pos business.highchief1 over to you.
ahnie wherr I go from start.

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by 9jaRealist: 5:40pm On May 08, 2023
kettykings:
What kind of car can N20m buy, okezie Ikpeazu is last man standing and should be removed from the list of those retiring into luxury to those retiring into Normal life

It will buy a better car than MOST Nigerians can afford… angry

US states like California and New York have a BIGGER GDP than the GDP of the entire Nigeria itself, and yet their ex-governors do not get even a single car (much less every 3 years) upon leaving office. Anyway, it’s said that no-one can ride on your back unless you’re bent over, and the sad reality is that so many Nigerians are so eager to grab their ankles for rapacious politicians. SMH
>
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by ahnie: 5:40pm On May 08, 2023
highchief1:
ahnie wherr I go from start.
AfAr nau

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by kettykings: 5:49pm On May 08, 2023
9jaRealist:

It will buy a better car than MOST Nigerians can afford… angry

US states like California and New York have a BIGGER GDP than the GDP of the entire Nigeria itself, and yet their ex-governors do not get even a single car (much less every 3 years) upon leaving office. Anyway, it’s said that no-one can ride on your back unless you’re bent over, and the sad reality is that so many Nigerians are so eager to grab their ankles for rapacious politicians. SMH
>

We are talking about retirement to luxury, that was why I said he will retire to normal life, N20m can't buy a luxury car. I am not I'm support of or advocating for retirement to luxury for governors particularly when pensioners are owed

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by 9jaRealist: 5:57pm On May 08, 2023
kettykings:

We are talking about retirement to luxury, that was why I said he will retire to normal life, N20m can't buy a luxury car. I am not I'm support of or advocating for retirement to luxury for governors particularly when pensioners are owed

Ok, I get you now…
>

1 Like

Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by aloaye11: 6:14pm On May 08, 2023
Am so ashamed of this country,every sweet thing is for politicians and people in power. Using the wealth of this poor masses to enrich themselves even after office, I can't believe my ears
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by highchief1: 6:47pm On May 08, 2023
ahnie:

AfAr nau
I Dey o.how ur side.I don Dey bongo
Re: 5 State Governors That Will Be Retiring Into Lives Of Luxury After May 29, 2023 by ahnie: 6:48pm On May 08, 2023
highchief1:
I Dey o.how ur side.I don Dey bongo
My side stew welwel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obidients Attack Aisha Yesufu, Rinu And Fisayo Soyombo For Questioning Peter Obi / Toyin Saraki Assembles Scientists To Reduce Coronavirus Spread / Policeman Shoots Soldier Dead In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.