Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back (12910 Views)

Bullying: I Taught My Son To Fight Back / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / My Uncle Takes His Daughter For Virginity Tests Annually --- Is It Ideal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by VIKTO83(m): 6:11am On May 11, 2023
If another child d same age as my son bullies him as he comes back with his tails between his legs, then he's sure to be disowned and d mother is sure to give me explanation before we head for DNA. In fact I can't marry a woman that can't even defend me in my absence not to talk of herself.
So na where simp go from enter biko?
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Blackdisciple(m): 6:40am On May 11, 2023
To me it's a good one because everyone has the right to defend his self from any aggression coming to him...
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by stpat1(m): 9:20am On May 11, 2023
I have a daughter, I tell her to retaliate any act of bullying o.

No time
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by eepeepook: 10:48am On May 11, 2023
Mscheew. I thought the topic was about a twelve or thirteen year old child. At three years old, it is your job as a father to distance your son from the situation. It is not hard. I don’t know any toddler who’ll actively go to a place where sadness is guaranteed. Autistic children do not listen. That child will keep bullying your son till he retaliates or cowers. Save your son’s self esteem.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by SeyiAyorinde(m): 3:11pm On May 11, 2023
Let him fight back. I am already looking for a martial class around to register my 3 years old daughter at. She should defend herself against any form of bullying/harassment.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by DrDunamis(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2023
novia22:

He didn't know he was autistic when he was bullying abi? I trust my daughter. She is 3. She wee remove his teeth.

But shey Una know say if na abroad this thread dey, all of us here dey go jail for inciting violence in the mind of minors. grin
Don't see any inciting statements I made though.
I think you should do a brief research on autism. But In any case your ward is going to be alright.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by achimendy(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Allow your son to defend himself please. I'll so teach my future kids how to defend themselves against any form of bully. Anyways they'll naturally take after me.

But pls don't teach them to be entitled like you, instead encourage them to make good use of their God-given skills.
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by legacystore: 5:59pm On May 12, 2023
victorVIC1:
I have a male kid that is about 3 years old and I recently observed that a particular kid in the compound that is 2 months older than him always attempt to bully him at sight.

The few times this have happened in my presence, I restrained my son from retaliating cos the boy in question is autistic. Though my wife also informed me, there was a day my son fought back and the boy stopped his bullying attempt for a while afterwards.

This morning my son was about to leave for school. Immediately he came out of the apartment, the boy ran towards him and hit him. Once more, I stopped my son from hitting him back but this time his mum (my neighbour) experienced the scenario and only made a remark to the boy to stop looking for trouble. I felt she made the remark just to create an impression that she was concerned.

I've been feeling so uneasy about this since morning and this is obviously a bullying case and I'm subtly training my kid to tolerate it. Hence, I've concluded that the next time such will happen, I will ask my boy to fight back.

Just to have your opinion on this matter, is fighting back the best approach in this situation putting into consideration the health condition of the bully ?

s

Self defense is a natural instinct of human. Help him to develop it more not stopping him

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by stanvesco(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2023
victorVIC1:
I have a male kid that is about 3 years old and I recently observed that a particular kid in the compound that is 2 months older than him always attempt to bully him at sight.

The few times this have happened in my presence, I restrained my son from retaliating cos the boy in question is autistic. Though my wife also informed me, there was a day my son fought back and the boy stopped his bullying attempt for a while afterwards.

This morning my son was about to leave for school. Immediately he came out of the apartment, the boy ran towards him and hit him. Once more, I stopped my son from hitting him back but this time his mum (my neighbour) experienced the scenario and only made a remark to the boy to stop looking for trouble. I felt she made the remark just to create an impression that she was concerned.

I've been feeling so uneasy about this since morning and this is obviously a bullying case and I'm subtly training my kid to tolerate it. Hence, I've concluded that the next time such will happen, I will ask my boy to fight back.

Just to have your opinion on this matter, is fighting back the best approach in this situation putting into consideration the health condition of the bully ?

Dear sir, I didn't take any lesson in parenthood oh. So you may ignore what I post!

First off..

I do not think I will be with my child and another child would come and bully her!

I would have stood inbetween and roareddddddd! (Number one)

Once I was in church and I noticed another child subtly trying to remove a beautiful ribbon off my daughter's hair. The girl was insisting and my daughter was shying!

I told her if she comes again and touches your hair; slaaaap her (like I said I didn't take classes in parenthood in skool)

Before she approached completely my daughter whoosed her!

Na that time lil. Billy's mother whistled to young female Mayweather!

Dear brethren,
The world is tough and you wouldn't be there always!

Teach your child to love and respect people and to always punch them straight in the nose when they have to!

Apologies again!

I wonder how a cub lion will touch your cub right infront of you! That's DISresPECT!
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by stanvesco(m): 7:12pm On May 12, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
The dynamic is different for males. Your dad got involved because you are female.

The dynamics isnt

Imagine as a male dog....

Anoda puppy go come dey bully your own puppy for your front?

That puppy must have guts!

I for changeeeee face and shout into the spirit of that child!

Plus warrrn the mama instantly!

Nonsense
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by Ajibade123(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2023
Thank God for the people that raised me sha
when we were kids and a child tries to bully us and we cry to my mummy, she will direct us back there to go and face it, fight the bully if necessary, it doesn't matter if you lose
looking back at it all it made me a better person
Re: Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back by dbestuncle: 7:44pm On May 14, 2023
Allow your son to defend himself please. I'll so teach my future kids how to defend themselves against any form of bully. Anyways they'll naturally take after me.
Can I ask who are you, that if the take after you case settle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Cheat On Your Husband Without Being Caught / Ever Worn The Same Dress With A Stranger To An Event? / What Does Marriage Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.