Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines (29954 Views)

10 Things To Know About Afam Mallison Ukatu, Drug Baron Linked To Abba Kyari / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) / Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by SoftP(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2023
Q
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Valentinooo: 8:58pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

Discos buy power from Gencos, and supply it to homes and factories who bypass their meters just to buck the system. Homes who bypass and disable meters are some of our biggest problems.

They are the same people who will wail that we don't have regular power supply in Nigeria. Staying analogue is just a way of augmenting Discos' losses to meter bypasses. The government has been supportive though.

I don't know why we are like this. Simple honesty, you cannot get in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:59pm On May 09, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Elumelu should hands off Transcorp...terrible manager
Typical conehead come and chase him out

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Timetravel88: 9:03pm On May 09, 2023
Parachoko:
I hope it will lead to an improvement in power supply for the people of Oyigbo and Nigeria in General

You mean Obigbo
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Parachoko: 9:04pm On May 09, 2023
Timetravel88:

You mean Obigbo
I'm an Indigene of Rivers State, there's no where known as Obigbo in Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by illicit(m): 9:04pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
the mumu and corrupt discos now have an excuse to justify endless estimated billing and thus theft.
They should build in protective circuits into their metres and spike the power voltage once in a while at random to destroy the gadgets of bypassers of their protect prepaid metres. They could program the metres to go off shortly before spike the voltage too. That will deter bypassers but can they reason out of the box?

Many houses will burn

Fire service is not effective in Nigeria nah

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Blitzking: 9:07pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
the mumu and corrupt discos now have an excuse to justify endless estimated billing and thus theft.
They should build in protective circuits into their metres and spike the power voltage once in a while at random to destroy the gadgets of bypassers of their protect prepaid metres. They could program the metres to go off shortly before spike the voltage too. That will deter bypassers but can they reason out of the box?
Wat now happens to ppl without prepaid meters

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by nedekid: 9:10pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:
You're telling me we left this man to give a drug baron party ticket at the primaries?

A shaking drug Baron
No be juju be that?
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by LucemFerre: 9:10pm On May 09, 2023
Why dem use Snapchat take all the pictures though ? undecided
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2023
Aba/Obigbo axis is fast becoming an electric power hub.
Aba under Incoming Gov. Otti should give us the first 24 hrs light for one full year in a Nigerian city to set a record for other Nigerian cities
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by nedekid: 9:18pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

Discos buy power from Gencos, and supply it to homes and factories who bypass their meters just to buck the system. Homes who bypass and disable meters are some of our biggest problems.

They are the same people who will wail that we don't have regular power supply in Nigeria. Staying analogue is just a way of augmenting Discos' losses to meter bypasses. The government has been supportive though.
Is it everybody bypassing meters?
What about me that applied for a meter, I have not been connected to the grid. I am not using ikedc electricity. Immediately my ikedc account was opened I received bill of 89k, despite my protest, I received another for 89k the next month before it stopped.
Now on the account I have pending bill of 170k plus! I am not connected to the grid, ie I do not use their light, and I do not intend using it until I am metered. That I told them from day 1.
Anyway, I am waiting patiently till I get my meter, should they not cancel that bill, I know what steps to take. Hopefully ikedc will make me rich.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Menclothing: 9:22pm On May 09, 2023
Every state should build and bring investors
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by samfrancis1(m): 9:23pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:
You're telling me we left this man to give a drug baron party ticket at the primaries?

A shaking drug Baron
still wondering how some Nigerians who lives inside Nigerian talk like foreigners.. you talk politics just as you see them.. taking a role of leaderships is about plans.. strategies not luck.. that’s the reason many Nigerian leaders you all chose keep failing… I doubt if osibanjo ever dreamt of finding himself in the post of vp before he was handpicked.. leading a country like Nigeria isn’t about professorship.. big grammars.. or having a kind heart..

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Johnsinia(m): 9:46pm On May 09, 2023
And yet the only dividend transcorp could give their shareholders with a share of 1000 unit for 50kobo is less than 400 naira since 2006.
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by vibbb: 10:10pm On May 09, 2023
Same Afam (may be another phase shaa - cos dis one na Afam III ) dat Ameachi invited baba Obasanjo in 2009 abi 2010 to come and commissioned - only for the turbine to be powered by generator. Chai naijaaa..

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:13pm On May 09, 2023
Yemi Osinbajo the man that won the heart of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Perfectbeing(m): 10:24pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
A law where defaulters are prone to at least 6 months of jail to an option of fine not less than 2 million should be enough to knock senses to people..
They just need at least one scape goat per community to instill fear in others.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by frowland(m): 10:33pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

A shaking drug Baron
Populism is bullshit. Don’t take my word for it.
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Parachoko: 10:37pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

The punishment for people bypassing the prepaid meters needs to be very severe
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Parachoko: 10:39pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
You go wicked o grin
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by FarmTech(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2023
They vould have at least show us pics of the turbines.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2023
AImiron:
Same transcorp wey Dey trend on Twitter earlier today

My thoughts too, was otedola lashing out, at a critical moment for Elumelu?

Well there's two sides to any story.
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by AImiron: 10:57pm On May 09, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

My thoughts too, was otedola lashing out, at a critical moment for Elumelu?

Well there's two sides to any story.
I think na otedola open old wounds. Only God knows what transpired.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by kokoA(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

Lame excuse. What's my business with bypass? I pay for my electricity so I've got every reason to have it. The discos should think of creative ways of making their systems "unbypassable".

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by darkwan: 11:06pm On May 09, 2023
when this guy contest to become president,he has already won....

no politician is soo liked like him by every tribe in nigeria....

apc is keepin him as a joker card for later....
i like the way apc is playin politics....

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Sleekfingers: 11:09pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

A shaking drug Baron

Can you vote in their primary? The way most Nigerians use " WE" is something else
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Corto: 11:14pm On May 09, 2023
TheRareGem1:
VP Osinbajo today commissioned the Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW turbines in Afam, Rivers State.

Cc mynd444
Lalasticlala

I just can't stand this sneaky dwarf
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Corto: 11:22pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

You thieves need to quite dishonesty and thievery, income leakage from metre-bypass issue is a thing of the past. - the technology has taken care of it!

What you criminals need to do now is to pay your field workers a living wage and supervise them properly to avoid insider sabotage
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by WorldRichest: 11:28pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

A shaking drug Baron

This was how those before died of hypertension caused by hatred and bitterness. Watch yourself so that you won't join them before May 29th.

Your father too is a Nigerian, why didn't he contest?
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by ValeeLove(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
speaking of which, why is it so costly to use a meter? Since I started using one, I've been spending times 10 of what I would usually spend on light bill, when a meter should rather subsidize that. It's ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drivers Driving On One-Way Arrested By Ambode's Convoy / Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her / Zahra Buhari Carries Baby Musa. He Looks Healthy Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.