Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,169 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive (39580 Views)

Iran Readies '100+ Cruise Missiles' For Possible Retaliation Against Israel / US Plans To Sell Drones That Can Be Armed With Hellfire Missiles To Ukraine / Putin's Blitz Turns Ukraine Region Into Raging Fireball As Cruise Missiles Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Quaddafi29: 1:02am On May 12, 2023
Russia needs to make kyiv uninhabitable bow and assassinate zelensky to make the NATO bastards to run like they did in Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by TobiAbuja: 1:46am On May 12, 2023
Hilarious seeing the Putin bots here getting their knickers in a twist? Helping a country fighting for their very existence.

Blame the Russians for creating this opportunity for war profiteering.

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by frog12: 2:49am On May 12, 2023
they can sell weapons to ukraine but nobody is allowed to sell weapons to russia !
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Ibime(m): 6:16am On May 12, 2023
frankson1:

Which WhatsApp group did you read this from undecided

The Watsapp group that told me Russia has been on offensive for the last 7 months and barely covered a few miles, though aim sure you Putard will say different
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by RedPilChurchBoy: 7:35am On May 12, 2023
Yea, and Kremlin is folding it's arms waiting to be annihilated in Ukraine.

Let the counteroffensive begin already, I wan check somtin
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Gerrard59(m): 8:22am On May 12, 2023
Staphylococcus:

China is very smart. I see them recolonizing Africa with “ Debt”

China is not recolonising Africa with debt. African countries are highly indebted to financial institutions in the West than China. Western countries offered South Africa $20BN to stop using coal, yet 70% of it is tied to debt. The West is trying to woo back African countries because they see what China has done - invest, open factories, contribute to infrastructure WITHOUT toppling any government, advocating for the introduction of laws which Africans don't like etc. China is not a hypocrite claiming mumbo-jumbo human rights, nor was China responsible for the butchering of Congolese in DRC and Namibians at the turn of the 20th century. China's deal with almost every country is: let's do business, and afterwards, we go our ways. African countries export more non-fossil goods to China than to the US. China is opening up its market for processed agricultural goods to African countries. Meanwhile, the US program AGOA is ending this year or next. No sign of renewal.

I am glad a growing number of young Africans have learnt to be pragmatic rather than dogmatic. Why should an African be concerned with the fight in Ukraine? Two Europeans are fighting, and some people are interested in it. How many Ukrainians have been bothered that people in Benue have been slaughtered on their farms ever since? I understand why the West supports Ukraine, their right to. But others equally have the right to be neutral or support Russia. After all, the UK supported the Apartheid regime in South Africa and placed sanctions on Zimbabwe,

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Gerrard59(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2023
pansophist:
This is the best deal the West can dream of. How good can they have it?

1. Have Ukraine sacrifices their bodies in a proxy war with their sworn enemy (Russia). A war where they control the tempo, intensity, test weapons, sell weapons, study Russian military capabilities etc.

I recalled your mention when I scanned through this article: https://www.economist.com/asia/2023/05/10/will-japan-fight The West's next aim will be to egg China into a war and have South Korea, Japan and maybe Phillippines fight China. The West will not confront China man-to-man. If they cannot confront an economically weak Russia, they won't touch China. And if South Korea and Japan are foolish enough to fight their cousins to soothe the white man, na dem sabi. The trio East Asian countries have very low birth rates, but China is more populous, die-hard, have more males etc. China kuku has more males than SKorea and Japan. So, if the latter like, make dem fight China. China will finish their men and export the remaining to take over Korean and Japanese women.

2. Rally and unite all their western allies. Strengthen NATO, bring in more members (Finland with Sweden loading), increase NATO budgets, and strengthen US grip in Europe.

Europe is US' baby, no be today. How the US deceives Europe to the extent she offers subsidies luring European industrial giants to set up factories in the US, or forcing European and South Korean companies not to sell to Chinese buyers is befuddling. Now, I understand that it is better to be an enemy of America than a friend. How can you encourage South Korean and Japanese chip materials producers not to sell to Chinese buyers when China constitutes at least a 1/3 of their revenues? As it is, Chinese companies are filling in the gaps left by the Koreans and Japanese. These companies will be poorer in the long run because a third of their revenues don go. Even one Japanese executive sounded the warning - China chip making ambitions cannot be stopped. So, is it not better to benefit profitably from their expansion rather than trying to do the impossible of stopping it?

The same US and so-called experts are saying Germany is getting too close to China. For instance, Mercedes-Benz CEO said it is impossible to cut-off China. Pragmatic man because almost half of MB's sales come from Greater China alone. But so-called experts, especially the Anglophones, want MB to cut-off China. If MB cut-off China, where else would they sell their expensive cars? To think that MB has been increasing prices, and the Chinese continue to buy. Na Africa MB wan sell 2023 E/S Class?

3. Impose an unprecedented amount of sanctions no nations have ever received on Russia, and cut them off the global financial market, while gambling on Russia's internal destruction and balkanization due to internal hardship.

This is the reason Russia MUST win or else, slave trading will return. If this can be done to Russia, it means same can be applied to anyone else. Russia has to fight to win for the betterment of people in the Global South. I believe she will win, but she needs support from her allies just as Ukraine gets hers from the west.

5. Kill as much Slavic people as possible. Even if Russia wins in Ukraine, Slavic population as a whole will reduce, especially when Russia is so heavily underpopulated. Russia needs people.

While true, Western population has been flat over the years. Most of the births are from non-native Europeans. In general, Europeans aren't birthing many children as previously.

6. Seize Russia's foreign asset. A shopping 200 something billion dollars. In an instant. It's gone. Russia will not get that money back. That's the spoilage of war.

The question now is, does what Russiia gets in return worth the price they've paid? If you ask me, the answer is yes. I'm too tired to type. Will write about the winnings of Russia. For objective comparison.

Lorng

Yes. My response to number 3 also applies to number 3. Russia has to win, not just for herself but for the rest of the world's future generations.
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by frankson1(m): 8:40am On May 12, 2023
Ibime:

The Watsapp group that told me Russia has been on offensive for the last 7 months and barely covered a few miles, though aim sure you Putard will say different

Is it shameful that one man is standing up to all these countries undecided undecided

West a$$ sniffer, Russia says, Hiii

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Abrahamweb(m): 8:42am On May 12, 2023
Antiochus:
UK wey egg dey scarce dey deliver missiles tongue
The leaders no care at all about the citizens o
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Abrahamweb(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2023
azpekuliar:

WIll you keep kwayet! Mumu man...

Small land wey una get wey Buhari say e go carry give Fulani herdsmen in the name of RUGA, una no allow this country rest. So na Ukraine go come cede dia own give Russia the aggressor in the name of what kwanu

Baba,no be fight but leave CNN and BBC and do your own research about this invasion.
No listen to any western media because they only spread their propaganda/lies.
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Ibime(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2023
frankson1:

Is it shameful that one man is standing up to all these countries undecided undecided

They ain't standing up to nothing. If e sure them, they should attack one NATO company

Russia ground game is weak, they only have nukes. If Ukraine was given long range missiles, aircrafts, ships and allowed to attack Russian territory, all options which the Russians are using against Ukraine, they will be pushed back in matter of weeks.

Russia is using all these and still struggling in ground game. Russia only focuses on big stuff, they don't have conventional capability

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by mychelyte(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2023
Generalwoodz:
These people should give it a rest and stop all these madness.

Theory of conflict.

Reason why the universe would never be a better place.

In other news: Do you have a LinkedIn account for sell? I wanna buy[b][/b]
Gat one if you want
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Creeper: 11:20am On May 12, 2023
obedience4:

You clearly do not know much about the Korean war.
The war started when the north koreans invaded it's southern neighbours. And they took the capital and the South Korea governments collapse,
The USA led UN intervention drove the north koreans out of South Korea and even took the North Korea capital.
You claimed that the British soilders saved the Americans 😁😀😁
When in fact the whole UN mission was led by am America general and the whole military alliance from over a 25 countries even the South Korea army was placed under the USA military command, so I wonder how the British soilders now save the the USA soilders, when they were all fighting under the UN military alliance commanded by the USA.
The USA and the UN goal was for the north koreans to leave the South Korea territories, which was stated in the notice given to North Korea, to vacted the south, and the USA and it's allies achieved it set goals of eviting the north Koreans from the south.
If you research well you will know that when the war ended in a armstrict the south side had taken more territories from the north.

Lol, most of you are very ignorant.

The turning point of the Korean War was the Battle of Imjin river, hence the war ended up in a stalemate. Else it would have been a complete rout of US and Allied forces by the Chinese forces.

American forces retreated and the Chinese forces were in pursuit. Those who stood their ground were the British forces of the 1st Battalion, The Gloucestershire Regiment. That was the battle that decided how the war ended.

No one won the Korean War - the war ended where it started and was frozen. They’re still technically at war tbh. And you could even make an argument that the US & Allied forces lost because their end game was to be at China’s border but they never achieved it.
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by CaveAdullam: 11:56am On May 12, 2023
pansophist:
This is the best deal the West can dream of. How good can they have it?

1. Have Ukraine sacrifices their bodies in a proxy war with their sworn enemy (Russia). A war where they control the tempo, intensity, test weapons, sell weapons, study Russian military capabilities etc.

2. Rally and unite all their western allies. Strengthen NATO, bring in more members (Finland with Sweden loading), increase NATO budgets, and strengthen US grip in Europe.

3. Impose an unprecedented amount of sanctions no nations have ever received on Russia, and cut them off the global financial market, while gambling on Russia's internal destruction and balkanization due to internal hardship.

4. Clear the fog on who is on the Western side, or the eastern side. The world now have been effectively divided between two blocks, and the UN vote is a solid confirmation to it.

5. Kill as much Slavic people as possible. Even if Russia wins in Ukraine, Slavic population as a whole will reduce, especially when Russia is so heavily underpopulated. Russia needs people.

6. Seize Russia's foreign asset. A shopping 200 something billion dollars. In an instant. It's gone. Russia will not get that money back. That's the spoilage of war.

The question now is, does what Russiia gets in return worth the price they've paid? If you ask me, the answer is yes. I'm too tired to type. Will write about the winnings of Russia. For objective comparison.

Lordko, caveadullam, Gerrard59, sagamite, writerng

Situations giving pre ww1 vibes.

The kinda proxy war looks bae and obvious.
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by goaldynman(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2023
TheDarkHorse:
sad sadUkraine is just unnecessarily stubborn...
Simply go to your elder brother which is Russia and apologize. What's there feeling James Bond and risking the lives of Ukrainians due to egotistical and self-deluded attitudes...... kpọmkpi joor

You are wrong !!

Next time Russia/Putin will think twice b4 invading Ukraine or bullying the country!!

I believe Russia is presently regretting starting the war. They are only saving face.

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 12, 2023
goaldynman:

You are wrong !!

Next time Russia/Putin will think twice b4 invading Ukraine or bullying the country!!

I believe Russia is presently regretting starting the war. They are only saving face.

Seriously, 🙄 i'm struggling to understand where you're driving at.. Put me through please
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2023
Russia will mly issue out threats without action as usual

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2023
Quaddafi29:
Russia needs to make kyiv uninhabitable bow and assassinate zelensky to make the NATO bastards to run like they did in Afghanistan
russia isn't capable of doing such.
THE MAIN PEOPL THAT RAN AWAY FROM AFGHAN ARE THE RUSSIANS, NT THE U.S

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:01pm On May 12, 2023
Sasi54:
Very soon na catapults nai Ukraine go de ask for.
Same way russia is begging low life nations for arms

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2023
frog12:
they can sell weapons to ukraine but nobody is allowed to sell weapons to russia !
RUSSIA BRAGGED ABT HAVING ARMS.

U.S IS MILES AHEAD OF RUSSIA

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:07pm On May 12, 2023
hammerT:
WHEN RUSSIA DELIVER HYPER SONIC MISSILES, MAKE UK NO CRY.

NA DEM START AM.
the russia i know won't dare it .
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2023
TheDarkHorse:
Simply go to your elder brother which is Russia and apologize. What's there feeling James Bond and risking the lives of Ukrainians due to egotistical and self-deluded attitudes...... kpọmkpi joor
KYIV IS OLDER THAN MOSCOW.
SOO STOP TALKING SHIT

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 12, 2023
Akuruoulo:

KYIV IS OLDER THAN MOSCOW.
SOO STOP TALKING SHIT

I meant in world standards and hierarchy not about their times or dates of creation, Bro..

Maybe you always talk sh*t, i don't talk sh*t🙄
I guess ur face looks like a steaming pile of sh*t

Jee mụọ ka esi agwa mmadụ okwu
Ọ dika nne na nna gị azurọ gị ọfuma, nwa ekwensu dika gi, anu ọfịa, dati dati radarada.. Ode
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:15pm On May 12, 2023
Mrfeel:

If they really want to help ukraine defeat Russia then they should make Ukraine a NATO member, why is NATO scared of making Ukraine their member? NATO doesn't want to face Russia directly that's why they are hiding behind Ukraine
russia the teddy bear threatened to nuke a nato ground if they supply kyiv with arms, and they also threatened to deal with finland for applying to join NATO BUT THE NEVER DO ANY OF THESE THINGS.

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Akuruoulo(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2023
[quote author=TheDarkHorse post=123097431]

I meant in world standards and hierarchy not about their times or dates of creation, Bro..

Maybe you always talk sh*t, i don't talk sh*t
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by pansophist(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

I recalled your mention when I scanned through this article:

https://www.economist.com/asia/2023/05/10/will-japan-fight

The West's next aim will be to egg China into a war and have South Korea, Japan and maybe Phillippines fight China. The West will not confront China man-to-man. If they cannot confront an economically weak Russia, they won't touch China.

And if South Korea and Japan are foolish enough to fight their cousins to soothe the white man, na dem sabi. The trio East Asian countries have very low birth rates, but China is more populous, die-hard, have more males etc.

China kuku has more males than SKorea and Japan. So, if the latter like, make dem fight China. China will finish their men and export the remaining to take over Korean and Japanese women.

The scenario of Russia/Ukraine war is not possible with China/Taiwan for so many reasons. Taiwan is not a sovereign country, and the Chinese made sure that since it's founding in 1949, it was the basis of establishing diplomatic relationship with any country.

So if a country recognise Taiwan, then China will not recognise that country and have nothing to do with them. So when the US and China established diplomacy in the 80's, they have to switch the recognition of Taiwan to the Mainland, and Taiwan lost its status as a UN member state.

So given this foundation, how on earth will any country defend Taiwan from China? It's like defending Port Harcourt from Nigeria. It makes no sense. Also, the geographical reality of Taiwan, China, Philippines, Japan, Korea are all in China's favour.

None of this country share a land border with Taiwan, also Taiwan is an island, and even worse, Philippines, Japan, are island country as well. Korea shares a border with North Korea, a sworn enemy and ally of China, so how will they fight China? I'm just thinking of a possible scenario here.

And most importantly, if any country dare send an army to Taiwan, then in the eyes of the Chinese, it's like Ghana supplying ipob with weapons and sending their soldier, therefore, violating international law and China's sovereignity. I can assure you that China will destroy that country.

Historically, legally, and morally, China is on the right side. Taiwan only became important for the US as a means to contain China, that's all. The three island chain of maritime containment, that's US hope to strangle China. As far China is concern, no price is enough to pay for their land. Their history proves it.

These vassal states slaving for the US knows this, but I doubt they will go that far, propaganda and reality are two different thing. We all thought NATO will fight Russia one on one, but did they? They are busy hiding under proxy. Russia's missles are not there for the museum.

Anyway, I've always said that this decade is a very interesting one. The world has shifted, and western powers that are so used to being on top, like it's their birthright since 1400 will not go down without a fight. But they have to accept it because the Chinese are back to their rightful place on the global stage.

3 Likes

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Gerrard59(m): 9:54pm On May 12, 2023
pansophist:

The scenario of Russia/Ukraine war is not possible with China/Taiwan for so many reasons. Taiwan is not a sovereign country, and the Chinese made sure that since it's founding in 1949, it was the basis of establishing diplomatic relationship with any country.

Historically, legally, and morally, China is on the right side. Taiwan only became important for the US as a means to contain China, that's all. The three island chain of maritime containment, that's US hope to strangle China. As far China is concern, no price is enough to pay for their land. Their history proves it.

These vassal states slaving for the US knows this, but I doubt they will go that far, propaganda and reality are two different thing. We all thought NATO will fight Russia one on one, but did they? They are busy hiding under proxy. Russia's missles are not there for the museum.

Anyway, I've always said that this decade is a very interesting one. The world has shifted, and western powers that are so used to being on top, like it's their birthright since 1400 will not go down without a fight. But they have to accept it because the Chinese are back to their rightful place on the global stage.

That's the thing these arrogant westerners don't know or disregard - Taiwan isn't a sovereign nation. Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia know this. And China is too big and wealthy unlike Russia to tolerate anyone supporting Taiwan.

You're right about everything. The vassal states would be foolish to fight China as she's their biggest trading partner. They sell more to China than China sells to them.

Honestly, it's good to be rich and thank goodness, China is rich.

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Mrfeel: 11:16pm On May 12, 2023
Akuruoulo:

russia the teddy bear threatened to nuke a nato ground if they supply kyiv with arms, and they also threatened to deal with finland for applying to join NATO BUT THE NEVER DO ANY OF THESE THINGS.
That's why I said let NATO go ahead and make Ukraine a member so they NATO can face Russia and defeat Russia at once , why are they spending billions of dollars every month if they can simply end the fight by making Ukraine a member?
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by texazzpete(m): 1:00am On May 13, 2023
frog12:

Well yes. Why would any sane country support fascist invaders?

1 Like

Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by texazzpete(m): 1:02am On May 13, 2023
TheDarkHorse:

This is such a dull point.

It’s like asking someone who is fighting against murderous land grabbers to apologize to them.
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by texazzpete(m): 2:08am On May 13, 2023
frankson1:

These countries are sending Ukraine aid in trickles. It’s still Ukrainians fighting this war.

E say ‘standing up’ as if Russia isn’t the one that’s the aggressor here. All they have to do is pull back out of Ukraine and the war will end.

Looking at Russia’s pathetic performance in Ukraine, they’d stand no chance in a conventional war against NATO.
Re: UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive by Danisaint112(m): 7:44am On May 13, 2023
ednut1:
we go fight am man to man. The stronger nation wins. Not other nations giving arms and support to another. When uk, usa and other 100 to 200 years ago dey annex countries and colonize others. Who stop dem

Well what you fail to realise is that we have gone past that colonial era. Colonization is now done by agreement not by force anymore.

The era of intimidation has gone. And if any brings it up there should be some who will be ready to take their madness. What Putin and his boys are doing is like modern slavery.

I am not also supporting the west for doing such before, neither will I support China if she tries annexing Taiwan to the mainland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained / Indian Security Guard Shoots Customer Who Tried To Enter Bank Without Face Mask / India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.