Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War (5364 Views)

How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) / Labourers Find Biafra Pounds Hidden In Bottle And Buried During Biafran War / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Dafresh: 9:32am On May 14, 2023
fuckuigbos:
Do you think that dividing a country is a child's play and the UN will sit and watch that happen? You people should wake up!
Armed hoodlums would be put where they belong by Tinubu, Tinubu is not a nonchalant individual like Buhari that will let non-state actors hold the country hostage.
Trust me there will be a number of reforms and constitutional amendments that will change Nigeria for good.

Hoodlums are holding Nigeria hostage because the present day government is sympathetic to their cause. Tinubu along side other Southern leaders will never take that shit from the North after 29th and that is one of the reasons the North didn't want to handover power to a powerful Southerner like Tinubu.

Bury your Biafra dream.
We will build a formidable country that will be envied by others.
You see what I'm saying you're not from Akwaibom.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by hardbody: 9:59am On May 14, 2023
richmond500:
did I tell you they don't intermarry?
Haven't you seen or heard of Igbos marrying Fulani Muslims?

Next time try read and understand before commenting

Your silly dumb brain figured out that the average SS person hates everyone from SE since after the Biafran war. I wanted you to tell me whether an average person marries people they hate. See why you should study logic as a course and why discussing with demented people like you can be a bore. Get da Eff off my mention. My dog is smarter than you.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 10:42am On May 14, 2023
gidson12:

You are not obidient, my friend, if you are you will be truthful enough to acknowledge that Peter obi visited more communities and hinderlands than any other presidential aspirants. even paid personal visits to personalities of icon who are not royal father's, built bridges with people who spoke against him e.g wole soyinka and femi kuti, try to make peace with those who openly oposed
him e.g soludo, called them "my brother", "my elder brother" or "my mentor"
Made effort to still humbly seek the face of a royal father who snubbed him e.g Oba of Lagos.
He visited communities in North Central that suffered flood and personally sympathized with them.
Visited Boko Haram ravaged territory in borno comunities, and IDP camps, community chiefs and the common people.

It's a pity you don't know what building bridge means. Probably you are veiwing it from a corrupt lense.
One more thing. The igbos who you call proud are in every nooks and cranny of Nigeria peacefully doing the business with the host community they reside. Never have you heard a clash amongst them and the host community. What do u say of that?

Pls let's be logical in reasoning don't allow people sow seeds of hatred for the Igbos.
Thank you
I'm an Obedient but you should try to Understand that there are Many Factors to Why Obi lost;
1.West/North Alliance
2.Voters Intimidation
3.Fear of the Igbo Ethnic group
4.Rigging
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 10:45am On May 14, 2023
gammarays1:

Go and read about settlement law. Once I buy properties in your land, I'm the owner. If you want to send me away, you pay me off for it.

We don't care about being driven out, we've suffered worst and we still got better.
And this is not 1960s where you'll seize properties without compensation. Government pay compensation talk more of individuals.

There are better places to expand in the world. Problems leads to solutions and inventions.
So an immigrant in US that owns property but after been Deported will still claim ownership of his properties.
Kindly know that every Society has its own laws .Biafra indigenes might not even be given listening ears when they finally secede.
Igbo's should look home
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2023
gammarays1:

We're sending them packing one after the other. Charity begins at home.

Have you been to Igbo land to know investors are not patronizing?
Even Igbos themselves are investing home. We'll develop our homeland with or without Government.
Nice one,i expects Igbo's to look inward and stop the massive Migration to other non-igboland
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Psalmistproject: 10:47am On May 14, 2023
PoloG:
it's as if you igbos love being killed..

If you fools try rubbish, you will be massacred again

1diot it's your entire family that will be destroyed by the rampaging slaughter from bandits and killer headsmen!

Don't worry very soon hand go touch una mumu!
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by gidson12(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2023
UKEMY:

I'm an Obedient but you should try to Understand that there are Many Factors to Why Obi lost;
1.West/North Alliance
2.Voters Intimidation
3.Fear of the Igbo Ethnic group
4.Rigging

Obi did not loss he was rigged out.
Stop confusing your self with North, he won in North Central,
And what do u mean by North-west alliance, was Obi's vice not from the North too

2. So did Obi cause that too. the youth like you who formed the larger number of obidient were peaceful and law abiding and will not resort to violence for violence and thought the system would be fair, but was disappointed.... How is that Obi or Igbos fault

3. You are very funny, I'm disappointed that in this age and time u bring up petty reasons as this, you should realize that politicians orchestrate stuffs like this to wipe up ethnic sentiment in the hearts of people like you. The obidients cuts across all ethnic diversity.
The only fear here was that he was not corrupt and the youth were largely behind him

4. This is the only valid point u made here. It has nothing to do with Obi not building bridges... His campaign impacted on all sorts of Nigerians.

Don't allow sentiment becloud your right sense of judgement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by gidson12(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2023
UKEMY:

Are you aware that they will be driven out of Nigerian Territories at shortest Possible Time?
*Students
*Lecturers
*Businesses
*Civil Servants
*Landed Properties
Igbo's Governors are the Problems of igbos

Why are you crying more than the bereaved,
Did you help them recover after the civil war, when everything they once had was taken away from them.
Or did you come to their aid during the pogrom when they were killed in the North.
How about the unjust marginalization and recent treatments meted on them.

So why are u so concerned about what they would lose when they leave.

After calling them bad, arrogant, proud, loud mouth, land grabbers, criminals, and the cause of your misfortune....... Why not just discard them and let them leave?
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by enemybulldozer(m): 11:52am On May 14, 2023
NaijaReCrminals:
ATROCITIES PERPETRATED AGAINST THE IBIBIO DURING THE BIAFRAN WAR:

WRITTEN BY RAY ISONG;-

The Nigerian-Biafran War started on July 6, 1967 and ended on January 15, 1970. The former Eastern Region of Nigeria seceded from Nigeria and declared its independence on May 30, 1967, following the massacre of the Igbo people who were living in the northern parts of Nigeria.

The dominant argument in the historiography of the civil War, both within academia and the popular media, is that the Igbo were targeted for extermination by the Muslim north. Yet, not much has been reported about the atrocities perpetrated against the “minorities” in Biafra, both by the Nigerian military forces and the Biafran militias. In particular, the ibibio people.

William Norris of the London Times who visited Biafra, reported an eye- witness account in which some men of Ibibio ethnic origin were beaten to death at Umuahia on April 2, 1968. These Ibibios who included old men and young men were apparently suspected of collaborating with advancing Nigerian troops. They were reportedly frog-marched across an open space while the local people attacked them with sticks and clubs.

In a related account, B. J. Ikpeme, a member of a minority group and retired Senior Medical Officer in the then Eastern Region revealed atrocities perpetrated by Biafran soldiers against the minorities in some towns in the present-day Cross River and Akwa- Ibom States. Ikpeme argued that Ojukwu’s declaration of the Republic of Biafra had been issued against the wishes of the majority of the people of Calabar, Ogoja, and Rivers Provinces, who for many years had agitated for a separate state of their own.

According to Ikpeme, the Igbo leadership, who did not like the minority agitation, decided either to force the five million non-Igbo minorities into the new republic or eliminate them. It was on this basis, claims Ikpeme, that Biafran soldiers were quickly sent to the minority areas to “keep down the people, detain or even kill all who dared raise a voice in protest against the idea of Biafra.” It was during this period that the non-Igbos started experiencing different forms of inhumane treatment, ranging from torture, detention, to killing.

Ikpeme himself was detained in what he described as a “concentration camp” and was later transferred to a prison cell where he was given urine to drink when he demanded water. Ikpeme described instances where the Biafra soldiers allegedly perpetrated atrocities against some members of non-Igbo groups. In Asang town in Enyong, from where Ikpeme originated, about four hundred people were carried away to an unknown destination. Another town called Attan Onoyon in the same Enyong was burnt down with many people killed by the Biafran soldiers.

In Ikot Ekpenyong in the present day Akwa Ibom State, Biafra soldiers were said to have shot many villagers. Ikpeme also recounted that similar killings carried out by Biafra soldiers took place in places like Ikot Okpot and Idoro. He equally alleged that when the Nigerian troops landed in Calabar on October 18, 1967, about 169 civilians in detention were lined up and shöt by Biafran soldiers. This same allegation had also been published in The New York Times as an informational advertisement by the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in New York. These two accounts, given by the survivor-victim of Ikun and Dr. Ikpeme, portray similar pictures of gross atrocities but with different underlying objectives.

Viòlencé towards the minorities was not perpetrated only by the Biafran troops. Approximately 2,000 Efiks were reportedly killèd in Calabar by the federal troops. The victims were said to be returnees who revolted against the federal occupation. The killing was reported to Gowon who subsequently appointed Dr. J. B. Ikpeme as Chief Justice when the killing had nearly been completed. According to Emeka Uhuegbu, the field administrator of the United Nations mandated demining project, the minority areas of Rivers State had the highest number of landmine victims. Akwa Ibom and Imo States follow on the list.

According to a study on Nkari, an ibibio clan bordering Akwa Ibom and Abia State, in Ini LGA, the Nigerian Civil War military operation did not reach Nkari villages until late 1968. Before this period, the Nkari people only felt the effects of the war. Essential food such as salt, crayfish, sugar, bread and so on were lacking leading to starvation in the area. There was no army occupation of the Nkari clan during the early period of the war in 1967, the people only heard from news on the radio that there was a civil war going on in the country, later they experienced scarcity of goods and drugs in the market.

In late 1968, Nkari people started seeing soldiers in the community. The people, mostly men were asked to queue up for the exchange of currency, from Naira to Biafran pounds, and all men of the clan who queued up for the exercise were marched out of the community to an unknown destination.

(Inwang:2018) also added that some of the men in the queue who later escaped while they were led by the men dressed in military uniform wondered why only men were mandated and taken out of the community to exchange Nigerian currency for the Biâfrâ money. Therefore, some people escaped into the bush whenever they were out of sight of the soldiers.

Women waited for days, weeks and months and their husbands did not return. Therefore, they fled from the community leaving the entire area desolate. The study found out that they were Biâfrân soldiers hired by neighboring Igbo villages to carry out the nefarious and dastardly act, so as to evict the people from their land. Till date, Nkari people are still in land disputes with neighboring Igbo villages – Ariam/Usaka, Ntalakwu, Ibere.

Source: The Forgotten Victims: Ethnic Minorities in the Nigeria-Biâfrâ War, 1967-1970
Arua Oko Omaka; Nkari and Her Neighbours (1900 - 2000)
Lies and propaganda the second in command after ojukwu was effiong an ibibio man. So how true is this junk?
Can philip effiong allow the massacre of his people when he is the second in command of the biafran forces?
If the nigerian state is innocent of the whole thing that happened, why did they abolish history in our schools?
Op, who killed adaka boro and ken sarowiwa was it still the Igbos or biafran forces?
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2023
gidson12:

Why are you crying more than the bereaved,
Did you help them recover after the civil war, when everything they once had was taken away from them.
Or did you come to their aid during the pogrom when they were killed in the North.
How about the unjust marginalization and recent treatments meted on them.

So why are u so concerned about what they would lose when they leave.

After calling them bad, arrogant, proud, loud mouth, land grabbers, criminals, and the cause of your misfortune....... Why not just discard them and let them leave?
Okay no Problem
I wish ndigbo well on Seceding

1 Like

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2023
gidson12:

Obi did not loss he was rigged out.
Stop confusing your self with North, he won in North Central,
And what do u mean by North-west alliance, was Obi's vice not from the North too

2. So did Obi cause that too. the youth like you who formed the larger number of obidient were peaceful and law abiding and will not resort to violence for violence and thought the system would be fair, but was disappointed.... How is that Obi or Igbos fault

3. You are very funny, I'm disappointed that in this age and time u bring up petty reasons as this, you should realize that politicians orchestrate stuffs like this to wipe up ethnic sentiment in the hearts of people like you. The obidients cuts across all ethnic diversity.
The only fear here was that he was not corrupt and the youth were largely behind him

4. This is the only valid point u made here. It has nothing to do with Obi not building bridges... His campaign impacted on all sorts of Nigerians.

Don't allow sentiment becloud your right sense of judgement.
I'm.an Obedient and I Campaigned for OBI
Kindly note that Obi Lost Benue and Kogi state not Rigged out because there was no enlightenment and mobilization of the Voters in the Villages.
Try not to put too much Emotion to Analysis
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by gammarays1: 12:57pm On May 14, 2023
UKEMY:

Nice one,i expects Igbo's to look inward and stop the massive Migration to other non-igboland
Lol there's a reason why they're called African Jews. They will always migrate to other lands in search of money and return the investments home someday.

It's nature and it's not bad. It also made them more exposed than others. When you travel, you mix with others and expand your knowledge.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Psalmistproject: 12:59pm On May 14, 2023
chrisxxx:

Can u see the mindset of a typical Igbo man?
Let me tell you and others the SS played a major role in preserving the Igbos among them during the war by hiding them despite their atrocities against them.
Let me tell you the Igbo race will go into extinction any day the minorities led by the ijaws pick arms against them.

Like I said, South East have never had issues with the people in South South. There's no state in South dragging land with any South Eastern state. So what's all these inferiority complex of what made South South support the northern soldiers. Did they tell you that the evading northern troops that South South saboteurs opened the back door for. Wrecked havoc on the villages they passed.

How many of your people fell by northern machine guns? Compare it with those you lots are asserting was killed by Biafra soldiers whom they fought side by side with. In a war fools and cowards sabotage. Wouldn't it be better that South South from onset joined forces with northern troops? They were being killed both left right and center their resources being wrongfully exploited yet they can't stand Igbo dominance in case Biafra won.

Tufia!! I think there's something ignorantly fundamentally wrong with South South people.

But let me tell you, if 1000 individuals take up arm against a state, it will take More than a mere operation python dance to disarm them.

Go and check the total number of"supposedly ipob miscreants" they have killed so far, it's not even up to 100. And yet all we have is the ipob that is trying to enforce sit at home. That is not an armed sect. They are just miscreants.
Compare this to Boko Haram members.

And for war, relax South East knows better. If they kill you, who will buy their market. The easiest proven way to distabilize south South is to share entitlementd unfairly among stake holders and ginger aggrieved parties to contend. They will all kill themselves.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by gammarays1: 12:59pm On May 14, 2023
UKEMY:

So an immigrant in US that owns property but after been Deported will still claim ownership of his properties.
Kindly know that every Society has its own laws .Biafra indigenes might not even be given listening ears when they finally secede.
Igbo's should look home
Deportation and leaving are two different things. You'll be deported if you commit a heinous crime.
If you want to posses another man's property, you pay him for it.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by ernesco0816517(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2023
Am from Akwa ibom,my boss who is late(RIP AKPAWI) sworn never to let his properties to an Igbo man, he's from Rivers State.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2023
gammarays1:

Deportation and leaving are two different things. You'll be deported if you commit a heinous crime.
If you want to posses another man's property, you pay him for it.
Oga,dont speak too much English,If Biafra is Declared today believe me the Igbo's will be Expelled from Other Nigerian Territories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2023
gammarays1:

Lol there's a reason why they're called African Jews. They will always migrate to other lands in search of money and return the investments home someday.

It's nature and it's not bad. It also made them more exposed than others. When you travel, you mix with others and expand your knowledge.
Stop claiming African Jews,Igbo is Igbo stop trying to attach yourself to Judaism

2 Likes

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by chrisxxx(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2023
Psalmistproject:

Like I said, South East have never had issues with the people in South South. There's no state in South dragging land with any South Eastern state. So what's all these inferiority complex of what made South South support the northern soldiers. Did they tell you that the evading northern troops that South South saboteurs opened the back door for. Wrecked havoc on the villages they passed.

How many of your people fell by northern machine guns? Compare it with those you lots are asserting was killed by Biafra soldiers whom they fought side by side with. In a war fools and cowards sabotage. Wouldn't it be better that South South from onset joined forces with northern troops? They were being killed both left right and center their resources being wrongfully exploited yet they can't stand Igbo dominance in case Biafra won.

Tufia!! I think there's something ignorantly fundamentally wrong with South South people.

But let me tell you, if 1000 individuals take up arm against a state, it will take More than a mere operation python dance to disarm them.

Go and check the total number of"supposedly ipob miscreants" they have killed so far, it's not even up to 100. And yet all we have is the ipob that is trying to enforce sit at home. That is not an armed sect. They are just miscreants.
Compare this to Boko Haram members.

And for war, relax South East knows better. If they kill you, who will buy their market. The easiest proven way to distabilize south South is to share entitlementd unfairly among stake holders and ginger aggrieved parties to contend. They will all kill themselves.
No one wants to associate with you no matter how angelic your packaging appears. Is this not enough to call for a moment of sober reflection?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by rhymesnoni(m): 2:08pm On May 14, 2023
gidson12:

I know you are a Youruba man, you know nothing about what goes on in the SE/SS, please visit Aba, Umuahia and owerri and see a lot of akwaibom people living peacefully with Igbos and intermarry, lots of them. There is even communities in awkaibom that speak igbo languages,
And some few others communities and villages that speaks igbo and annang as their native tongue of origin.
Your evil plan to sow hatred is dead on arrival.

I am from the North Central (Niger) to-be precise
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by rhymesnoni(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2023
Brek:

Oh please shut up do you remember Yugoslavia or USSR? Had a great economy and military. But divided because of lack of unity. I'm sure you'll be shouting division if Peter Obi won.

I am for 1 Nigeria
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by gammarays1: 2:36pm On May 14, 2023
UKEMY:

Oga,dont speak too much English,If Biafra is Declared today believe me the Igbo's will be Expelled from Other Nigerian Territories
Declare the Biafra first Sir
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by gammarays1: 2:38pm On May 14, 2023
UKEMY:

Stop claiming African Jews,Igbo is Igbo stop trying to attach yourself to Judaism
Learn to understand words
I said they're referred to as African Jews because they share similar characteristics not necessarily because they're Jews by blood.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Brek: 2:56pm On May 14, 2023
rhymesnoni:

I am for 1 Nigeria
Then start developing the nation
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by UKEMY(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2023
gammarays1:

Learn to understand words
I said they're referred to as African Jews because they share similar characteristics not necessarily because they're Jews by blood.
Forget that thing,for me it's a fable
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by willibounce1(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2023
Penguin2:

Cuz they are afraid of the union between the Southeast and Southsouth.

They desperately want to break it. That’s why they are concocting stories that would cuz division rather than look for things that would promote unity.

But will they succeed? Time will tell.

There's no union between SE and SS. Why are you biafra.ud people so desperate and afraid to stand alone cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 14, 2023
willibounce1:

There's no union between SE and SS. Why are you biafra.ud people so desperate and afraid to stand alone cheesy
Biaf.raud land is the poorest land in Nigeria that is why they are coveting the South South amd Yoruba territories.
Show me any Igbo state that can compete with Akwa Ibom, one of the oil and gas rich states in Nigeria, if I am lying.

Ibo territory is landlocked and unfertiled.
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Captain8(m): 4:31pm On May 14, 2023
Psalmistproject:
They started killing everything that comes from both South South and South East up north and you run back to your villages. Nigerian government then unleashed hunger seige on the overflowing population of returnees that one no do you. Now the man incharge of the South said he's taking his people out of Nigeria to also save you from imminent destruction from the north but your problem is that they should not force you to agree. Just imagine, under military regime o. So, after many years how are you fairing living in the defeated state you aided Nigerian northern troops to achieve.

One day the South East will still secede and will accommodate the coastal States. Any objection to that will obliterate the entire country to Oblivion. You can't landlock a major Ethnic group because they named you South South. You either join them or create coastal part for their trade route.
Then you have to defeat Ijaw republic...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Captain8(m): 4:39pm On May 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

Nigeria is going to collapse and disintegrate. Do you know why? Nothing holds it together.

Nigeria has no unity, no commonality of purpose, no foundation and built on injustice

The country is heading no where except disintegration

When Nigeria finally collapses we Igbos are going form our own separate country. What Ibibios, Efiks, Ijaws and others do is their own business

The process of breaking up has already started, large chunks of the North is already in the hands armed hoodlums
you are 100% correct.... nigeria cannot last forever
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Captain8(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2023
proeast:

Lol, when the term SE/SS is used, there are cogent reasons for it. It's similar to the phrase Hausa/Fulani. The people of both regions are Christians and share similar worldviews. Again, there are significant percentage of Igbos/Igboid in SS.

If SS and SE agree to use the term in cohesion, I don't see how it benefits Igbos alone.

Talking about victims of war, I don't think the minorities suffered in isolation or were targeted by Igbos. That's not true. Many Igbos were also forcefully conscripted into the Biafran army when the war dragged on. It's similar to what is happening in Ukraine. Any country fighting a war will definitely forcefully conscript men if they realize that no one is voluntarily willing to join the army.

Also, during any war, especially a bitter civil war like that of Biafra/Nigeria. Desperate measures are always taken against saboteurs. You will see public executions, shoot at sight, stoning to death and other violent acts against saboteurs. They do this as a deterrent to others. If they don't, many would become saboteurs just to survive or out of greed.

As for SS indigenes liking SE, it has nothing to do with the civil war. The SS minorities have always been wary of Igbos because we are much more in number and also more enterprising in nature. It made minorities to feel insecure and threatened. There has always been cries of marginalization by minorities against Igbos even during the colonial times. You can Google about the Willinks commission. That commission was instituted by the British to look into the cries of marginalization by minorities but the report clearly stated that such was never the case. Igbos didn't marginalize minorities.

Anyways, nature made it necessary for SE and SS to forge a common front. However, if SS minorities decide they don't want to align with Igbos, it wouldn't affect Igbos as you think. Rather it will affect SS more. SS people are not treated any better than Igbos in Nigeria. It's just that you accept your subjugation willingly while Igbos don't. Remember that when Igbos were killed in the North during the 1966 pogrom, many SS minorities were also victims. During 2023 election crises in Lagos, many SS minorities were also victims. We may easily understand differences between Igbo & Ibibio, or Igbo & Isoko but to an average Northerner, there is no difference. Same applies to Yorubas. If Igbos fair better in Nigeria, it will rub off positively on the SS minorities and vice versa!

Again, your cities need Igbo investments to grow exponentially. Otherwise, you will just have infrastructure in place without much difference. The reason why ports in SS are not viable is primarily because of SS antagonism against Igbos. If there is unity of purpose, your ports would have been rivaling Lagos.

Asaba is growing today basically on influx of Igbo investments. Compare Calabar to Owerri and you will see that investments pouring into the Owerri has made it to surpass Calabar and the gap will continue to widen. So, don't think Igbos need you more than you need them.
Igbos are not more than Ijaws in population........Ijaws are never afraid of anyone,,so there is no way the mighty Ijaw will fear common Igbo.

Ijaws are not afraid of Igbos in population.
The reason Ijaws were tagged minority and how they fear for igbo domination in the colonial era was because Ijaws were diveded in halves to both eastern region and western region....so the both halves became minorities to Igbos and Yorubas in the two regions...since then the name minority cover Ijaw till now
Re: Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War by Brek: 5:40pm On May 14, 2023
fuckuigbos:
Biaf.raud land is the poorest land in Nigeria that is why they are coveting the South South amd Yoruba territories.
Show me any Igbo state that can compete with Akwa Ibom, one of the oil and gas rich states in Nigeria, if I am lying.

Ibo territory is landlocked and unfertiled.
It ain't landlocked and it ain't the poorest

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Royal Father Suspended For Alleged Kidnapping In Imo / Senator David Mark Clocks 65 / Halliburton Scandal: Aisha Buhari Was Not In Fairfax, Virginia – US Attorney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.