Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,128 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? (17212 Views)

How I Spend My 63k Monthly Salary Yet I Am Tagged A Bad Boyfriend / How My Monthly Salary Is Used On Foodstuff Only / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Eunoiaa(f): 2:12pm On May 15, 2023
Acidosis:
She needs to know how much you earn at this stage of your life. This is to guide you against the consequences of unknown exaggerations and perceived net worth. This woman may have exaggerated your earnings based on your outlook, quality of clothes, phones, and the nature of food you eat.

It is not compulsory to tell her if you're sure and convinced about your ability to meet all her needs. You'll know from the amount she spends on herself, clothings, shoes, hair, etc. But if you aren't there yet, please speak up! Don't live a lie.

I don't even get.

Why's it not a given, even at this?

It's just a detail. An information. Like every other thing else they'll know about themselves.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Tallesty1(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2023
pocohantas:
It is not necessary for me.
I don't know my man's earnings,
I have never bothered to ask. I will never ask.
I have never even asked a man that question. Lol!

The closest I got to knowing how much he has stacked was when he sent me one of his bank statements for a trip we had planned. I saw the numbers and understood why men hide their earnings. If I were someone into flashy life, i would probably ask for a GLE the next day, but that one is not my issue. What I need is for a man to be handson to recurring expenses and things that make my life easier. If you miss this with me, all your money talk becomes noise.

The most important thing to me is that a man PROVIDES, INVESTS AND SAVES.

Some men would tell you their earnings, both current and future, but hungry fit wan kill you. You go know say some money get audio, but no visuals. You go dey hear am, but e no go show for screen or your body.

He provides...I RESPECT and APPRECIATE that.
He tells me of planned investments and expenditure. He doesn't tell me of the money he sends to his side. That is none of my business too. Highest he would say his fam needs this or that and if he needs a plug, I guide him.

Life with him is easy. I can't complicate it with bogus expectations or drama.

The more men talk,
The less they do.

Focus on actions. That is what would make a woman respect and remember you.
When you see this kinda comment after dating like 2 or 3 daughters of second Timothy, you will begin to wonder if the person is real or pretending.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by OgwuEgo: 3:43pm On May 15, 2023
You should let your partner know so you two can negotiate what you spend money on.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by baba4thegehs: 4:30am On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko let her know your salary so that she can know if the future is bright for her or not.

Is not as if you’re earning millions of naira monthly undecided. I’m absolutely sure you’re not even earning common 100k monthly. Biko don’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty!!

Wait what!! ABSOLUTELY SURE?? How so? Are you guys related or you saw it in the spirit?

You lots just speak like you never went to sch!

I had to check your profile and can I see the vile and bitter in almost every comment you make on NL.

Go and heal sis, deal with whatever heart break of brokenness you might have experienced in the past, detach from them and then come back and speak with sense.
Life is so beautiful, to be walking about with so such ill spirit.

Seek help, heal and spread love always.

Ire oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Cutehector(m): 5:56am On May 19, 2023
I told her a fake salary, all the good morning baby name calling has stopped.

Good riddance.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Bluffly: 3:39pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:
I’ve been dating this girl since early last year when I was still serving and she’s really into me. She doesn’t bill me unless I purposely send her something. And we occasionally hangout a lot too.

By mid last year, I brought her home to meet my mum and some of my siblings. My mum likes her so much and she would spend time with me in our house.

I finished my service around September last year, and I started hunting for job. I was taking online classes etc..

So I got a job earlier this year, and the pay isn’t bad. Only my mum knows how much I’m earning and few friends. My girl doesn’t know.

Now, I’m likely to be getting a pay rise this month.

I’m also planning to get married to this girl next year, hopefully, she’s been a good girl even when I was jobless.

I don’t know if it’s okay to let her know my salary range. Although I’d not be telling her specifically the amount.

Is this a good idea?
If you have both agreed to marry, start being transparent
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2023
If you do just know your bills and spending go increase o
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Negroid001(m): 3:41pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko let her know your salary so that she can know if the future is bright for her or not.

Is not as if you’re earning millions of naira monthly undecided. I’m absolutely sure you’re not even earning common 100k monthly. Biko don’t come and put someone’s daughter in abject poverty!!
See as you open mouth Yakata. How much is she earning too? Women don't disclose theirs too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by cpapa: 3:41pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:
I’ve been dating this girl since early last year when I was still serving and she’s really into me. She doesn’t bill me unless I purposely send her something. And we occasionally hangout a lot too.

By mid last year, I brought her home to meet my mum and some of my siblings. My mum likes her so much and she would spend time with me in our house.

I finished my service around September last year, and I started hunting for job. I was taking online classes etc..

So I got a job earlier this year, and the pay isn’t bad. Only my mum knows how much I’m earning and few friends. My girl doesn’t know.

I’m also planning to get married to this girl next year, hopefully, she’s been a good girl even when I was jobless.

I don’t know if it’s okay to let her know my salary range. Although I’d not be telling her specifically the amount.

Is this a good idea?
No try am
I repeat no try am

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by nokspos: 3:42pm On May 19, 2023
avoid see finish. don't try that shit

[quote author=babaYIBO post=123131945]/quote]
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:

Is this a good idea?

It as a very bad idea...especially when you dont know her true colour just yet...its advisable to just discuss in percentages how you will split expenses
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by BrotherFolake: 3:43pm On May 19, 2023
😎

Fiancee ko Broke ass ladies ni.

It's only Simp that takes Ladies serious.

If only Men could be like me, but they can't.

I can never date Broke ladies

9 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Kubin: 3:44pm On May 19, 2023
Dig hell out of that hole,and invest your money to productive business, marriage is a waste of time and resources,if she is working fine,but if not keep on digging until you get water.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by erai30(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2023
Telling her is at your own risk bro, learn from Samson's mistakes

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by JIBO4REAL(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2023
babaYIBO:

Is this a good idea?

Don’t even try to tell her your worth but always show her your worthy by telling her you didn’t worth this and that
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by zolajpower: 3:47pm On May 19, 2023
HoleDriller:

Don't start what you can't finish.....
Gbam end of discussion.....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Akabuking: 3:48pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:

I wonder who's behind those keyboard. but you are just irritating.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Kobicove(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2023
No it's not OK

Your salary is your personal business and should not be disclosed to your girlfriend
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by NothingDoMe: 3:49pm On May 19, 2023
pocohantas:
It is not necessary for me.
I don't know my man's earnings,
I have never bothered to ask. I will never ask.
I have never even asked a man that question. Lol!

The closest I got to knowing how much he has stacked was when he sent me one of his bank statements for a trip we had planned. I saw the numbers and understood why men hide their earnings. If I were someone into flashy life, i would probably ask for a GLE the next day, but that one is not my issue. What I need is for a man to be handson to recurring expenses and things that make my life easier. If you miss this with me, all your money talk becomes noise.

The most important thing to me (financially) is that a man PROVIDES, INVESTS AND SAVES.

Some men would tell you their earnings, both current and future, but hungry fit wan kill you. You go know say some money get audio, but no visuals. You go dey hear am, but e no go show for screen or your body.

He provides...I RESPECT and APPRECIATE that.
He tells me of planned investments and expenditure. He doesn't tell me of the money he sends to his side. That is none of my business too. Highest he would say his fam needs this or that and if he needs a plug, I guide him.

Life with him is easy. I can't complicate it with bogus expectations or drama.

The more men talk,
The less they do.

Focus on actions. That is what would make a woman respect and remember you.
Dating isn't the same as marriage. Let the kids roll in and the stakes get higher. The "side" you're waving aside will come to the forefront because everything is now official. Make he by mistake nor fulfill him side because of una projects na that time you go surprise where you marry enter.

You're still on the other side and it's usually rosy on the other side.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by AZControversial(m): 3:50pm On May 19, 2023
smiley

As long as we've not said 'i do' at the altar, ain't telling her sh1t!
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by thegooddieyoung: 3:50pm On May 19, 2023
If you hear his salary, I bet you will leave that your rickety relationship and run after him.
See you bad mouthing the young man.

Jennyclay:

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by pocohantas(f): 3:51pm On May 19, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Dating isn't the same as marriage. Let the kids roll in and the stakes get higher. The "side" you're waving aside will come to the forefront because everything is now official. Make he by mistake nor fulfill him side because of una projects na that time you go surprise where you marry enter.

You're still on the other side and it's usually rosy on the other side.

I fail to see the correlation between your rant and my post.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by oko4lucky(m): 3:52pm On May 19, 2023
E go bring see finish

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by SpockFederation: 3:53pm On May 19, 2023
Never Talk Finances with a Female.

The demonic ones will start planning how to use you, or scam you.

https://zodiacpsycho.com/nigerian/asus-rog-flow-z13-price-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 19, 2023
Jennyclay:

bitter soul embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by NothingDoMe: 3:54pm On May 19, 2023
pocohantas:

I fail to see the correlation between your rant and my post.
Because it is difficult for kids to see standing up, what adults see sitting down.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by pocohantas(f): 3:56pm On May 19, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Because it is difficult for kids to see standing up, what adults see sitting down.

You haven't said anything my dear. As an adult, I reckon your legs are weak. I would advise you sit tight and stop seeing nonsense.
Re: Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? by nedekid: 3:56pm On May 19, 2023
It is choking you throat to tell her your salary range. Can I address you as mumu man? What is the purpose of you telling her your "range"? That is how wahala will stay on its own, people will poke him to wake up.
Na so we brothers many years ago, some pepe entered our hands, our wives knew, for some of us, the problems that came was unwarranted. We wisened up. Few years later, same thing happened again, money enter, all man talk say them go keep am hush hush. Just make transfers to your respective madams accounts.
Our egbon that was newly married (married late), we adviced him not to disclose. He said at marraige classes, they told them not to keep things from their wives. Love still de shack am. Bros even despite our warning, went to do joint account join put! We kept quite.
Omo, what he used his eyes to see, it is not taught in class rooms, it is learnt through experience.
The next time we share money, it was my egbon that was telling us say make we no tell our madams ohh, so they will not sound it to his own madam by mistake. Lol

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

59-Yr-old Woman Gives Birth In Lagos / Why Didn’t I Bleed During My First Intercourse? / My Marriage Life Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.