Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer (4367 Views)

Pls Help A Muslim Sis. / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2011
the following are what i'll ensure happens if i eventually marry a muslim sister.

1) where jeans/trouser

2) make up

3) relax/fix her hair always and wouldnt cover her hair except during prayers

4) wouldnt wear hijab around town except during prayers

5) drive latest and flashy cars (provided i can afford it)

6) must be fashion oriented and must be ready to look good

let me rest for now and continue later. anything outside these is a no no
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hrd u
bt u shld know Muslims dont even wanna do dose anymore
dey wanna b funky
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
haha may be some of u that understand the fashion language. ask bhusayor about what i mean. some of u pple still prefer the old school style which's no longer in vogue
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2011
Well dunno abt sm
bt i cld tel d few r large
even d ones dats bn 2 Mecca dresses so funky wit dere glowin tooth
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
those are the ones that are soji and wakie. i watch aljazeera arabic and saw muslim newscasters with beautiful hair do, nice jeans trousers and exquisite dressing and elegantly looking muslims in Qatar. i was like dont they follow islamic tenets that some nigerians follow that make them keep wearing hijab and not wear trouser? a sister has never hand shaked a man in her life cos she tells us its haram. during NYSC, she converted her trouser into skirt. i fear that if i marry a muslim, she must dress like high class descent ladies and not old school ones
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2011
Now left 2 u mk a choice
gd luck
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
yea. im definitely going to choose from the soji ones like u.

are u still in the market or taken away? tongue
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2011
I m taken by one Eket dude
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2011
dont tell me u gonna marry that xtian dude over me angry
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
Y nt
he s got my world spinning
love him crazy
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
thats pathetic.
1) hes a xtian

2) has many babes unlike me thats single

3) hes not yoruba like me
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2011
N wat does dat mata?
U 4got 2 add he s got much more . . . . . . dan u
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2011
thats a lie. what has he got?
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
Everyth dat made me conclude i wanna share eternity wit him
*he s watchin kip ur voice down*
now back 2 topic
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
back to topic. what if ur man insists that u cant do makeup, trouser or relax ur hair, what will u do?
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Sweetnecta: 12:19am On Sep 27, 2011
a muslim woman who marries you has totally lost her deen. she may just a well put on the cross and worship what you worship; your 3 gods which 1 God.
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by deols(f): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2011
toba, Pathetic!
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

a muslim woman who marries you has totally lost her deen. she may just a well put on the cross and worship what you worship; your 3 gods which 1 God.
smdh at this level of hypocrisy. leave my case and lets address the obvious. i can bet with u that many muslims are no longer in the old school realm. they belong to the new school which is fashion conscious. i gave u a story of aljazeera staff in Qatar that are dressing like westerners. will they also go to hell fire? i called bhusayor on sunday when i saw how the new nikkai is being done in Nigeria. its exactly the same way the christians conducts theres. the only thing that was different was the mode of prayer. muslims now use bridal train, where black suits with white wedding gown etc. no one belongs to the old school. u sir belong to the old school
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2011
deols:

toba, Pathetic!
whats pathetic in speaking the truth? why dont u just ask how things work, before crucifying me?
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by deols(f): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2011
toba:

whats pathetic in speaking the truth? why dont u just ask how things work, before crucifying me?

so, how do things work   . me using d word pathetic is just about using your own term against u. gerrit?

Dyt:

Hrd u
bt u shld know Muslims dont even wanna do dose anymore
dey wanna b funky

Islam is never about the majority carrying the vote. It is a matter of right versus wrong. Even if the king of saudi wld do somthn bad today doesnt mean every muslim must follow suit. Pple wear hijab better/ more in d Nigeria of today. At least when our own parents were in d uni dey werent wearing d kinda hijab we now wear. nd Muslims in Uk nd d USA are more ready to show off their faith by trying out the hijab. The way they do might however be different.
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2011
Hmnnn, T O B A!!
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Dyt(f): 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
Well Deols
m sure u read where i said funky
we v diff means of bein funky
eida use d hijab or nt
as 4 me
i dont do d hijabs
scarf ll do 4 me
so long i get 2 cover my hair smtyms
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
deols:

so, how do things work   . me using d word pathetic is just about using your own term against u. gerrit?
things work out in modernized way ma. when i was in the higher institution, there was nothing like Black or white berry. facebook wasnt even available then. now when the likes of Dyt, Deols, bhusayor and co are schooling, theres BB and facebook. they all use it. i also told u about the change in the nikkai way of doing marriage. most nikkai are beiing done in a xtian like carnival manner. with engagement, dance to English songs in the presence of top muslim clerics. young muslims like jarus etc would want a well modernised nikkai devoid of the old school style. at least i know 3 muslims here that are very well mannered and are good ladies. yet none of them do hijabs or where old school dresses. we must change with the trend whilst not getting carried away. i love ladies that dress funky and smart and presentable. when u take them out to see ur friends and colleagues, they'll commend for having a taste of fashion and classy lady. its a matter of choice and most nigerians are getting out of the old school thinkingop muslim clerics. young muslims like jarus etc would want a well modernised nikkai devoid of the old school style. at least i know 3 muslims here that are very well mannered and are good ladies. yet none of them do hijabs or where old school dresses. we must change with the trend whilst not getting carried away. i love ladies that dress funky and smart and presentable. when u take them out to see ur friends and colleagues, they'll commend for having a taste of fashion and classy lady. its a matter of choice and most nigerians are getting out of the old school thinking
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by chakula: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2011
Man Why would you exempted prayer any motive for that? tongue
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
I exempted prayer cos my bible tells me that women should cover their hair cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Sweetnecta: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
[Quote]« #17 on: Today at 11:01:02 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:19:50 AM
smdh at this level of hypocrisy. leave my case and lets address the obvious. i can bet with u that many muslims are no longer in the old school realm. they belong to the new school which is fashion conscious. i gave u a story of aljazeera staff in Qatar that are dressing like westerners. will they also go to hell fire? i called bhusayor on sunday when i saw how the new nikkai is being done in Nigeria. its exactly the same way the christians conducts theres. the only thing that was different was the mode of prayer. muslims now use bridal train, where black suits with white wedding gown etc. no one belongs to the old school. u sir belong to the old school[/Quote]there is no old school or new school in Islam. the westernized issue is shunned by the muslims in the west who know their deen.
Allah or His Messenger [as] did not say a woman can be exposed just one time; on the occasion of her Nikah and covers up when she goes out or pray. A woman covers, always [thats what is supposed to be], as if ready to pray, except in the presence of those she could "uncover'; brother, etc to a limit but husband all the way.
Again, the bad behaviors of Yoruba or in general african muslims is not to indicate that there is a new school emerging but their is bidah [deviation, as in innovation] emerging, at least. Islam was complete in the time of the Messenger [as]. We do wear appropriate clothing in Islam and it does not have to be arabic or asiatic or even african.
I do wear jeans. and the west i know enough. the old school is the only school that exist, if it is in conformity with what Muhammad [as] brought.
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by deols(f): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
toba:

things work out in modernized way ma. when i was in the higher institution, there was nothing like Black or white berry. facebook wasnt even available then. now when the likes of Dyt, Deols, bhusayor and co are schooling, theres BB and facebook. they all use it. i also told u about the change in the nikkai way of doing marriage. most nikkai are beiing done in a xtian like carnival manner. with engagement, dance to English songs in the presence of top muslim clerics. young muslims like jarus etc would want a well modernised nikkai devoid of the old school style. at least i know 3 muslims here that are very well mannered and are good ladies. yet none of them do hijabs or where old school dresses. we must change with the trend whilst not getting carried away. i love ladies that dress funky and smart and presentable. when u take them out to see your friends and colleagues, they'll commend for having a taste of fashion and classy lady. its a matter of choice and most nigerians are getting out of the old school thinkingop muslim clerics. young muslims like jarus etc would want a well modernised nikkai devoid of the old school style. at least i know 3 muslims here that are very well mannered and are good ladies. yet none of them do hijabs or where old school dresses. we must change with the trend whilst not getting carried away. i love ladies that dress funky and smart and presentable. when u take them out to see your friends and colleagues, they'll commend for having a taste of fashion and classy lady. its a matter of choice and most nigerians are getting out of the old school thinking

see ds toba boy oo. u are comparing technology with religion. You are calling an injuction of the QUr'an old fashioned. Are u going to accept it when an atheist tells u going to church is old fashioned?? nd ur dance talent would be better put to use with some rap song with lewd lyrics rather than the choir master thing u do. *smih*
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

there is no old school or new school in Islam. the westernized issue is shunned by the muslims in the west who know their deen.

I can tell that more than 60% 0f muslims that i know in Nigeria are wakkie. I mean the soji type. Even on This Nl most of ur muslim ladies are wassup people yet they believe in God and some are wayward whilst some are not.

Allah or His Messenger [as] did not say a woman can be exposed just one time; on the occasion of her Nikah and covers up when she goes out or pray. A woman covers, always [thats what is supposed to be], as if ready to pray, except in the presence of those she could "uncover'; brother, etc to a limit but husband all the way.

Me im telling u that the reverse is the case in Nigeria, Uk and Ghana. These are the places i seldom spend my time in a year and i study people as well

Again, the bad behaviors of Yoruba or in general african muslims is not to indicate that there is a new school emerging but their is bidah [deviation, as in innovation] emerging, at least. Islam was complete in the time of the Messenger [as]. We do wear appropriate clothing in Islam and it does not have to be arabic or asiatic or even african.

This isnt just yoruba or African issue. Its general. k and france nko? People are moving away from the old school This is the fact and u must accept it sir

I do wear jeans. and the west i know enough. the old school is the only school that exist, if it is in conformity with what Muhammad [as] brought.

u are once again wrong. Can i take a poll on this? if i do take a poll we will discover that over 80% of NL that are muslims male and female are leaving the old school. My question is by going with these latest trend go to hell fire?
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2011
deols:

see ds toba boy  oo. u are comparing technology with religion. You are calling an injuction of the QUr'an old fashioned. Are u going to accept it when an atheist tells u going to church is old fashioned?? nd your dance talent would be better put to use with some rap song with lewd lyrics rather than the choir master thing u do. *smih*

Smdh. Its not about me my sister. u know i adore so much and if not for religion difference hmmmmmmm.

Seriously im telling the fact. im not against the Qur'an's injunction, but what im saying is that we human being must evolve with the latest trend withot sinning against God. Im a choir master and i sometimes chastise my girls if their hair comes out one small bit in church. i dont permit them to wearing trouser in church or open their hair, yet im an advocate of funky dressing that wouldnt cause sin against God.

U are not to keep covering r hair 24Hours naaaah. To me it makes less sense. I love ladies that are well packaged and good looking. thats me my sister
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
Sweetnecta:

there is no old school or new school in Islam. the westernized issue is shunned by the muslims in the west who know their deen.

and here was i thinking boko haram was an extremist group. They are just good old muslims who know their deen.
Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by deols(f): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
toba:

Smdh. Its not about me my sister. u know i adore so much and if not for religion difference hmmmmmmm.

Seriously im telling the fact. im not against the Qur'an's injunction, but what im saying is that we human being must evolve with the latest trend withot sinning against God. Im a choir master and i sometimes chastise my girls if their hair comes out one small bit in church. i dont permit them to wearing trouser in church or open their hair, yet im an advocate of funky dressing that wouldnt cause sin against God.

U are not to keep covering r hair 24Hours naaaah. To me it makes less sense. I love ladies that are well packaged and good looking. thats me my sister 

u are using your xtian mentality to judge Islam. xtianity doesnt give u a dress code nd doesnt tell u to dress in particular ways But Islam does. Sometimes i feel like u make deliberate attempts at pretending not to understand.

Now, I know a little sociology( did dat in my 1st yr) nd I must tel u dat am aware cultures change naturally. They evolve nd dat is wat happens in Arab countries. they seem to be moving towards d ideals of the west. But the west has evolved too by getting bits from other cultures. At least, dat is obviously seen in their entertainment industry. Point is, where there is religion to guide you, every form of mislead must be avoided. Every thing good about other cultures can be imbibed but nothing that goes against Islam should be condoned!.

Rather than make assumptions about Islam, always ask questions. Muslim women dont cover up 24/7. U only cover up when non mahram are around.

1 Like

Re: If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer by deols(f): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
toba:

I can tell that more than 60% 0f muslims that i know in Nigeria are wakkie. I mean the soji type. Even on This Nl most of your muslim ladies are wassup people yet they believe in God and some are wayward whilst some are not.

Me im telling u that the reverse is the case in Nigeria, Uk and Ghana. These are the places i seldom spend my time in a year and i study people as well
This isnt just yoruba or African issue. Its general. k and france nko? People are moving away from the old school This is the fact and u must accept it sir
u are once again wrong. Can i take a poll on this? if i do take a poll we will discover that over 80% of NL that are muslims male and female are leaving the old school. My question is by going with these latest trend go to hell fire?

yes. people do those things but the fact that they do them doesnt make them right. There are many fake pastors in Nigeria. That should make a good representative of christianity abi?. Now, I think the fake pastors are funky. That is how every pastor should be. Every pastor should be a cultist to increase the number of followers and make money from tithes. They should perm their hair and make their followers steal from their bosses so the house of God may be in abundance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Quran Developed In Kuwait! / 12 Sunnahs Of Jumuah / Juz' Amma(the Last Chapters Of The Holy Qu'ran Listen with English Translation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.